Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Chicago, Yale, UCLA, Duke (Withdrawn), Stanford, Berkeley
Send PM
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink]
nink wrote:
bonethugnhominy wrote:

Wait--someone got an admit?!

Edit: if you're referring to pg 1, I assume that's a Round 1 admit listed under Round 2.

Nope. The person was admitted on Feb 8 2010. That's past R1 notification date

calling-all-fall-2010-yale-som-applicants-80450.html?view-post=685115#p685115

Hey Nink, the person then said two posts down that they were a late R1 interview invite and thus found out after the R1 notification date. Just to clarify and not freak too many people out :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
a silly question though,its been making me pretty nervous

what if the i/v call email goes into the spam and one fails to notice it..

am i getting paranoid now? :?
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
ACNguy wrote:

Hey Nink, the person then said two posts down that they were a late R1 interview invite and thus found out after the R1 notification date. Just to clarify and not freak too many people out :wink:

Ahhhh, you are absolutely correct.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Columbia Business School '13
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.22
WE 1: Public Accounting (big firm)
WE 2: Public Accounting (small firm)
WE 3: Internet Startup
Send PM
Looks like no acceptance phone calls have gone out. We may just have to wait until April 2 :(
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
just found out today that i've been accepted! i'm a CGSM applicant from back in November. good luck to everyone else still waiting!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:
just found out today that i've been accepted! i'm a CGSM applicant from back in November. good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Congrats!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Just found out I was dinged...please update roll call.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
JoeMahmah wrote:
Just found out I was dinged...please update roll call.

Joe,

Best of luck with the other schools. I hope LBS and Ross work out for you. If you don't mind me asking, did you interview with Yale SOM or did you get a ding w/o/interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
I applied through the Consortium, so did not require an additional interview. Thank for the kinds words!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JoeMahmah wrote:
I applied through the Consortium, so did not require an additional interview. Thank for the kinds words!

if you don't mind me asking, i see that you also applied to Stern (via Consortium?) Since fellowship decisions are supposed to be released by next Friday, does that mean you expect to get final decisions on other Consortium schools by then?

My best friend is applying via the consortium and we are both confused by the final decision dates..I am not a consortium applicant but have already done my R2 interview for Yale and Stern and I don't expect to hear back for several weeks. My friend, on the other hand, has not yet been invited... I'm wondering if that means she won't get in =( Or if that just means she probably won't get the fellowship to either of those schools..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
theoutlawfades wrote:
chmny3 wrote:
JoeMahmah wrote:

if you don't mind me asking, i see that you also applied to Stern (via Consortium?) Since fellowship decisions are supposed to be released by next Friday, does that mean you expect to get final decisions on other Consortium schools by then?

My best friend is applying via the consortium and we are both confused by the final decision dates..I am not a consortium applicant but have already done my R2 interview for Yale and Stern and I don't expect to hear back for several weeks. My friend, on the other hand, has not yet been invited... I'm wondering if that means she won't get in =( Or if that just means she probably won't get the fellowship to either of those schools..

I'll jump in since I'm also a Consortium applicant. Most likely, it means that Yale and Stern are not going to offer the fellowship (could've been for several reasons). But they might have still liked her enough to wait on making a decision depending on the yield of their fellowship offers (mid-March). Since the time frame to accept the fellowship is early April, they both could still throw out the acceptance/invite before their respective deadlines.

For Yale at least, if you were dinged outright, you should've heard yesterday. Hope this helps and is somewhere close to being accurate for your friends sake.

Which reminds me...For the roll call, Dinged for Yale on 2/26. :-)

Sorry for the Yale ding. You brought up an interesting point. Does the 02/26 outright ding date apply to all R2 applicants or Consortium only?

I see you've been accepted at Ross and Darden - That's great news! Good luck..hope it works out well for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
 Q42  V39
GPA: 3.41
WE 1: Marketing within Financial Services
Send PM
co2012 wrote:
Sorry for the Yale ding. You brought up an interesting point. Does the 02/26 outright ding date apply to all R2 applicants or Consortium only?

I see you've been accepted at Ross and Darden - That's great news! Good luck..hope it works out well for you.

2/26 date was Consortium only because the schools meet in March to decide on Fellowships. So they need admissions decisions for that group earlier than the rest of the applicant pool.

Thanks for the comments! Definitely very excited about Ross and Darden as options and still have a few more that I'm waiting on. Best of luck to all the R2 applicants still in the game for Yale!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
theoutlawfades wrote:
chmny3 wrote:
JoeMahmah wrote:

I'll jump in since I'm also a Consortium applicant. Most likely, it means that Yale and Stern are not going to offer the fellowship (could've been for several reasons). But they might have still liked her enough to wait on making a decision depending on the yield of their fellowship offers (mid-March). Since the time frame to accept the fellowship is early April, they both could still throw out the acceptance/invite before their respective deadlines.

For Yale at least, if you were dinged outright, you should've heard yesterday. Hope this helps and is somewhere close to being accurate for your friends sake.

Which reminds me...For the roll call, Dinged for Yale on 2/26. :-)

Thanks!!! That was helpful; I'll pass along the info. Sorr to hear about Yale, but congrats on darden and ross!! best of luck while you wait on other decisions, as well
SVP
SVP
 Q44  V50
Send PM
ROLL CALL PG UPDATED

My condolences to all the Consortium applicants, especially the ones that were looking forward to YSOM.

Sometimes there's a reason for everything, and I am sure you guys will all bounce back with admits from other schools. I sure remember last year when I was WL'ed from my #1 choice Tuck, but that wasn't the end of the world (even though it sure felt like it was at the time).

Good luck with your other applications and stay positive!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Yale SOM should stop sending out e-mails titled, "Inside the Admissions Interview." :shock:

My hope-o-meter started ringing out loud, then the reality set in. :evil:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Is there still time to receive a R2 interview invite? Has anyone received one within the last week?
Current Student
Affiliations: ?
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance, Strategy
Schools:Kellogg; Ross ($$); Tuck
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Jivana wrote:
Yale SOM should stop sending out e-mails titled, "Inside the Admissions Interview." :shock:

My hope-o-meter started ringing out loud, then the reality set in. :evil:

yah, I also received this email ....
by the way, there is no status update online. how do know about your status for Yale? just have to wait for the interview/ding email?

this really too long....
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  46