Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:40 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 375 [0]
Given Kudos: 118
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
app2012 wrote:
In Tuck application under transcript section...I have 4 pages of my undegrd transcript and when I am uploading them one by one I can only see the last one that I have uploaded... How can I see all 4 pages after uploading? or is there other way to upload...
Sorry for this dump question... this is my first ever b school application...

I think you can only upload one item per school. I would try combining them into a single PDF document and uploading that way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Schools: Tuck '14 ISB HKUST
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hey,

Can you submit the applicaiton even if the recommendations are not yet done?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE:Research (Health Care)
Send PM
meprarth wrote:
Hey,

Can you submit the applicaiton even if the recommendations are not yet done?

Thanks a lot. This is helpful.
One more question about essay- Do you put any kind personnel information on essays such as name. DOB and essay no?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Schools: Tuck '14 ISB HKUST
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
So if I submit by EA deadline but my recommenders submit a couple of days later will it be considered for EA?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
The way I see it, the point of the essay is to provide more information about yourself beyond what you have already filled out in the online application and on your resume. For example, on my resume I list the improvements I made while at my various jobs, I also gave a very very high level view of what the job entailed. In my essays, I built upon one or two of the bullet points I had. So if on my resume I listed something like "Increased productivity of 20 analysts...blah blah blah" I would then in an essay state what actions I learned about myself through that process, and how that made not only the organization better, but also me.

...that is the approach you want to go with...stay away from repeating thigns, like your birthdate, that are already in the app...we only have so much space to write with.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
I will try to answer a couple questions here:

1.) There is a separate section to apply for the Tuck scholarship. You can either fax or send via mail this application. I BELIEVE you can find the accompanying scholarship application form in the "downloadable forms" section of your application. Or, it is on Tuck's website. Note* the scholarship deadline is October 19th for early action - not October 12th.

2.) It is fine to submit your application despite your confidential statements of qualifications not yet being submitted. They need to be submitted by October 12th in order for you to still be considered an early action applicant.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
biztuck wrote:
I will try to answer a couple questions here:

1.) There is a separate section to apply for the Tuck scholarship. You can either fax or send via mail this application. I BELIEVE you can find the accompanying scholarship application form in the "downloadable forms" section of your application. Or, it is on Tuck's website. Note* the scholarship deadline is October 19th for early action - not October 12th.

2.) It is fine to submit your application despite your confidential statements of qualifications not yet being submitted. They need to be submitted by October 12th in order for you to still be considered an early action applicant.

Since we are submitting a separate application for scholarship any idea how they relate the scholarship applicant to the MBA applicant?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
This question was asked at an information session and the admissions committee chooses to keep the manner in which it decides scholarships to themselves. This makes sense, as students could all write what they adcom wants to hear otherwise. I think applicants obviously have to have strong (mid to high 700's) GMAT, strong GPA, and solid work experience. The intangibles they the adcom is reluctant to share.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Date: 05-15-2012
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Guys. I am an international applicant applying in the November round and I would not get a chance to visit before the November round. I am also using my GRE score(1500/1600) for my app. Is it too much of a disadvantage? Can I request them for an on campus interview after the deadline as I am currently on an international assignment where I am not allowed to take leaves. That is also the reason I could not take my GMAT yet :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT Date: 05-15-2012
GPA: 3.5
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Tuck2013. Thanks a lot for the advice. Appreciate you taking time out to help all the Tuck applicants. :)
Cheers.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I thought I had seen somewhere an instruction for how the essays had to be formatted on a word document - like double spaced lines, font size etc. I am unable to find it now. Any ideas anyone?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
nikhilsrl wrote:
biztuck wrote:
Since we are submitting a separate application for scholarship any idea how they relate the scholarship applicant to the MBA applicant?

If it's anything like when I applied, they don't relate the scholarship applicant to the MBA applicant at all. The scholarship essay is free-standing.

Worth sending the admission people an email to see if that's still the case (I assume it is).

RF
Manager
Manager
Send PM
refurb wrote:
nikhilsrl wrote:
biztuck wrote:

If it's anything like when I applied, they don't relate the scholarship applicant to the MBA applicant at all. The scholarship essay is free-standing.

Worth sending the admission people an email to see if that's still the case (I assume it is).

RF

Hmm that's weird cause they say that the scholarship is also announced along with the admission information. So unless they relate these two things how do they do justice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have been to two different on campus sessions in which we could talk to the admissions board. They said that the financial aid app is completely separate from the admissions app, and that the financial aid committee does not view the admissions application.

They also went on to say that the reason for the essays is so that the financial aid committee can try and link your application to some of the various organizations that grant Tuck money to be able to fully fund students. The committee reviews the various apps and looks to see if the candidates fit the requirements for some of the grants...one example she mentioned was if you were planning on going into agriculture. They have an organization who funds students who are wishing to pursue a career in agriculture after graduation, so if Tuck can find a person who fits the criteria for some of the different grants they get, than it is easier to give them financial aid.

The two are viewed separately, admissions committee doesn't look at your app for financial aid and the financial aid committee doesn't look at your app for admissions...

Hope that helps
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Turbonash6 wrote:
I have been to two different on campus sessions in which we could talk to the admissions board. They said that the financial aid app is completely separate from the admissions app, and that the financial aid committee does not view the admissions application.

They also went on to say that the reason for the essays is so that the financial aid committee can try and link your application to some of the various organizations that grant Tuck money to be able to fully fund students. The committee reviews the various apps and looks to see if the candidates fit the requirements for some of the grants...one example she mentioned was if you were planning on going into agriculture. They have an organization who funds students who are wishing to pursue a career in agriculture after graduation, so if Tuck can find a person who fits the criteria for some of the different grants they get, than it is easier to give them financial aid.

The two are viewed separately, admissions committee doesn't look at your app for financial aid and the financial aid committee doesn't look at your app for admissions...

Hope that helps

Thanks for your detailed response Turbonash6.

1 question is still troubling me. If financial aid team and admissions team are not talking to each other how is it possible that they can announce the scholarship at the same time they announce whether I got admitted or not. I thought this is what I read on their website or did I get that wrong?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well, obviously if you do not get admitted then you won't get the package...if you have more questions I strongly suggest you contact Tuck Admissions...I'm just going by the visits I have had...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Any thoughts on how to fill out the dates portion of Employment History for your current job? You can't enter "Present", so I guess either leave it blank, enter today's date, or enter a date shortly before classes would start if admitted?

Any thoughts?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts