Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General
Schools:ISB, Great Lakes, XLRI, IIMs
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools:Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
 Q46  V41
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:ISB, Great Lakes, XLRI, IIMs
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Schools:Cambridge (R2-Matriculating), Nyenrode (Accepted), Oxford (R2-Interview invite)
 Q46  V41
WE 1: Army officer (Corps of Engineers)
WE 2: Air Quality Control Engineer
WE 3: Water Resources Engineer
Send PM
Re: Calling ISB 2012 Applicants - Let's Roll [#permalink]
No, I've only been looking at the European MBA programs, so I unfortunately can't provide much insight on schools outside of that region. You might want to try going onto the international b-school forum and doing a search for your schools of interest. There may be some past threads that discuss them.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

I am planning to apply to ISB in R1 with a motivation to move to India and shift my career track to corporate finance/M&A.

My profile

Undergrad IIT D ( Dual degree) GPA 8.1 (2002-07)
Work Ex (4 years by Matriculation)
Business Analyst, Top Tier IBank1, London ( Jul 2007 - May 2010),
Promoted to Assistant Vice President in 2009.
Business Analyst, Top Tier IBank2, London ( Jun-2010- Present)

Part Time Study
CFA Completed Level 1, 2, Level 3 result to come out soon

Extra Curric
Governor at a Special School in London
Worked with an NGO in India while in uni for 3 years.

GMAT 730 (2nd attempt)

Can you please tell me

1) If I am a good fit for the School ( my chances)
2) Will it be difficult to move to M&A/Corporate Finance post MBA in India

Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
Hey there, I'm planning to apply before the Aug end deadline. My GMAT score is towards the periphery, so counting on my profile.
My question is, can I ask a former manager of mine (who's not working in my organization anymore) for referral? Is it mandatory to have someone from the current reporting line?
Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks, SH
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy, Innovation
Schools:ISB,INSEAD,Yale,CMU,Darden,UNC
 Q47  V40
GPA: 3.35
WE 1: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (3 years)
WE 2: Market Research & Consulting (less than a year)
WE 3: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (2 years)
Send PM
hsourabh wrote:
Hey there, I'm planning to apply before the Aug end deadline. My GMAT score is towards the periphery, so counting on my profile.
My question is, can I ask a former manager of mine (who's not working in my organization anymore) for referral? Is it mandatory to have someone from the current reporting line?
Thanks, SH

Sourabh,
It is not necessary to get recommendations from current supervisors. In my case, both my evaluations were from previous supervisors and ISB accepted it.
Vishnu
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
target11 wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to apply to ISB in R1 with a motivation to move to India and shift my career track to corporate finance/M&A.

My profile

Undergrad IIT D ( Dual degree) GPA 8.1 (2002-07)
Work Ex (4 years by Matriculation)
Business Analyst, Top Tier IBank1, London ( Jul 2007 - May 2010),
Promoted to Assistant Vice President in 2009.
Business Analyst, Top Tier IBank2, London ( Jun-2010- Present)

Part Time Study
CFA Completed Level 1, 2, Level 3 result to come out soon

Extra Curric
Governor at a Special School in London
Worked with an NGO in India while in uni for 3 years.

GMAT 730 (2nd attempt)

Can you please tell me

1) If I am a good fit for the School ( my chances)
2) Will it be difficult to move to M&A/Corporate Finance post MBA in India

Thanks

Dear target11,

Academics - Strong. You have a good score at IITD and an above average GMAT score. Your score and undergrad institution combined gives you a strong hand at academics. Doesn't matter if your score is on second attempt.

Work-experience - Good. With the limited information we have, you seem to have shown quality in your work-experience. Your experience at a bank is also unique that not many ISB applicants show. Moreover, your post MBA goals are in line with your experience. Your CFA also adds to your profile.

Extra-curricular - Decent. You have shown decent involvement in ECs through NGOs.

Overall, we think you are a good fit and strongly encourage you to apply. Considering your background and qualifications, it would not be difficult to move to your desired role/industry.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Team,

Thanks for the reply.Another suggestion required,Kindly evaluate my profile given below for the top Canadian B schools like York,Rotman,Ontario etc.Also post my
GMAT score required ,considering the profile, for entry to these schools.

Thanks.

Niladri.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi

Target atleast a 660 for Ontario, 650 for Rotman, 670 for York. They are all in almost the same bracket as far as GMAT is concerned.

Following post might help if you are targeting Canadian B schools : https://blog.apphelp.co.in/2010/08/11/ca ... -montreal/

Apphelp Team
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Schools:INSEAD- WL, IE - Apr 2011
Send PM
vishnupr wrote:
hsourabh wrote:
Thanks, SH

Sourabh,
It is not necessary to get recommendations from current supervisors. In my case, both my evaluations were from previous supervisors and ISB accepted it.
Vishnu

Thanks Vishnu for your inputs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi.
I am planning to apply to ISB.
My gmat score is 690 (Quant-49, verbal-34).
I am a Chartered Accountant and have currently have 5 years of work experience. For the past 4 years, I have been working in a Private Equity fund, mainly involved in preparing business models and doing valuations. I have some entrepreneurial background as I have started a Investor's club and have also been involved in another business venture.
Just wanted to know suitability and whether I should give my GMAT again to increase my score?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Marketing
Schools:dont know yet
Send PM
yep im count me in for 2013. applying next year.

<---- thats the list so far, but im going to look into each school and see if i like the program, and if they like me.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2326 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: IT Consultancy
 Q50  V38
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Send PM
Hi All,

In case you are not able to login into ISB application, please do not panic. The server was down due to some maintenance activity yesterday. It will be up in a couple of hours. You can resume filling out your form the afternoon.

Thanks,
Bipin
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations/SCM
Schools:Kelley, Tepper, Darden, Broad
 Q49  V39
Send PM
Hi ThinkISB,

I gave my GMAT today... I don't know if this is the right place for profile evaluation. Anyways here is my brief profile (I am a little skeptical about my less than average work experience):

GMAT: 720 (Q49, V39)
Work Ex:
GE Consumer & Industrial (US) - Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Jan 2010 - present
GE Consumer & Industrial (US) - Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Coop - May 2009 - December 2009

Academics:
MS Industrial & Systems Engineering - Virginia Tech GPA 3.90/4.00 Graduation: Dec 2009
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering - NIT, Trichy GPA 8.78/10.00 Graduation: April 2008
12th Board 2004 (CBSE) - 92.2% 10th Board 2002 (CBSE) - 95.6%

By the time I apply, I will have 1.5 yrs of work exp (0.5 years as coop). I am planning on applying in R2 for the academic year of 2011. I would like to know my realistic chances of making it through. Do you think an international Masters degree and 1.5 yrr US work exp would make up for an overall below-average work exp? Further, if I can justify my case strongly on the essays, do you think that should be good enough to get me an admit? Kindly advise...

Thanks in advance...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Anderson, Darden
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Hi,

It would be great if you can evaluate my profile for ISB.
I'll be applying in Round 2.. My basic profile :

Indian IT Male (25 Yrs)
Work-ex : 3 years at the time of admission (for a international telecom service provider. Worked in a pre-sales assignment too and Landed a deal for the company . A couple of months internatinal experience

Undergrad : 7.35 \10 (Enginnering from a college under the IIT-JEE umbrella but not an IIT)
GMAT : 760 (q 49, V44)

Extra-Currics : Co-founded a non-profit while a sophomore (President at present) and currently partnering with government to help a few thousand kids and a couple dozen jail inmates gain IT literacy.
-Represented the class in literary society.

Post-MBA goal : Want to do management consulting for Tech firms, specially in developing economies.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
essays are very important in context of career goals.

Originally posted by Rsimon9 on 18 Aug 2010, 04:59.
Last edited by Rsimon9 on 01 May 2014, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
akshayram86 wrote:
Hi ThinkISB,

I gave my GMAT today... I don't know if this is the right place for profile evaluation. Anyways here is my brief profile (I am a little skeptical about my less than average work experience):

GMAT: 720 (Q49, V39)
Work Ex:
GE Consumer & Industrial (US) - Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Jan 2010 - present
GE Consumer & Industrial (US) - Advanced Manufacturing Engineer Coop - May 2009 - December 2009

Academics:
MS Industrial & Systems Engineering - Virginia Tech GPA 3.90/4.00 Graduation: Dec 2009
B.Tech Mechanical Engineering - NIT, Trichy GPA 8.78/10.00 Graduation: April 2008
12th Board 2004 (CBSE) - 92.2% 10th Board 2002 (CBSE) - 95.6%

By the time I apply, I will have 1.5 yrs of work exp (0.5 years as coop). I am planning on applying in R2 for the academic year of 2011. I would like to know my realistic chances of making it through. Do you think an international Masters degree and 1.5 yrr US work exp would make up for an overall below-average work exp? Further, if I can justify my case strongly on the essays, do you think that should be good enough to get me an admit? Kindly advise...

Thanks in advance...

Dear akshayram86,

Your academics are excellent, no doubt about it. But your work-ex is very less. For your own benefit, we advise you to gain some experience before applying to ISB. Also try and engage yourself in some community activities and show some active participation in activities outside of work.

All the best.

It is good that you are thinking about an MBA so well in advance. Plan ahead and try to take more responsibilities at work where you can demonstrate and refine your leadership and team skills.
Send PM
ashu2020 wrote:
Hi,

It would be great if you can evaluate my profile for ISB.
I'll be applying in Round 2.. My basic profile :

Indian IT Male (25 Yrs)
Work-ex : 3 years at the time of admission (for a international telecom service provider. Worked in a pre-sales assignment too and Landed a deal for the company . A couple of months internatinal experience

Undergrad : 7.35 \10 (Enginnering from a college under the IIT-JEE umbrella but not an IIT)
GMAT : 760 (q 49, V44)

Extra-Currics : Co-founded a non-profit while a sophomore (President at present) and currently partnering with government to help a few thousand kids and a couple dozen jail inmates gain IT literacy.
-Represented the class in literary society.

Post-MBA goal : Want to do management consulting for Tech firms, specially in developing economies.

Dear ashu2020,

Your academic performance is good and 760 is the top 10% of the average class at ISB. Your experience is a bit on the lower side, but you seem to be involved with pre-sales and business development. It would be a challenge to show the effectiveness of business development from your personal contribution with just 3 years of experience. But if you can show good professional maturity and clarity of goals in your essays, it would be good.
Send PM
Dear Applicants,

ISB made a change in the ISB application midway, so we thought we should let you know about it. In the ISB application, all 3 essays are mandatory. When the application was opened up, the 3rd essay was optional, but now the website reads:

“ Essay 3 is also mandatory and could be used to highlight significant achievements / value add and also discrepancies if any, in any of the areas of your application.”

Please go through our analysis of the essays: https://www.thinkisb.com/blog/2010/06/04 ... -analysis/

Hope that helps.
All the best for your application.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts