Last visit was: 21 May 2024, 14:22 It is currently 21 May 2024, 14:22
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 168
Schools: ISB '20
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Schools: ISB '24
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41 (Online)
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2022 Intake) Class of 2023 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Eksha22,

Your profile is way better compared to the engineering applications the B-School receives. Rich work experience from the Big4, winning SPOT awards at work and having successful entrepreneurial stints with great interest and achievements in the extracurriculars makes your profile strong.

Though a 700 GMAT score is good but given the competition and considering your pedigree and the time you have in hand for the upcoming intake, we suggest that you give another shot at GMAT aiming for a higher score. Also, do consider doing some online courses which will help you transition to your short term career goal and show your learnability skills.

Wishing you all the best.

Regards
Team ISBMantra
https://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com

Eksha22 wrote:
Hey,
It’d be really helpful if you could help me decide if I should take gmat again, given my profile.

I’m planning to apply in R1 this year for ISB

23yr, Female

GMAT- 700 (V35 Q50 IR4 AW4)

B.Tech, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, New Delhi (Electrical and Electronics): 7.27 CGPA
12th, Air Force Bal Bharati School, New Delhi(Science): 80%
10th, Sophia Secondary School, Rajasthan: 8.8 CGPA

Work Experience

Analyst in Technology Consultancy at EY (Nov,2020-Present) (28 months of experience by the time class starts)

Worked on 3 different projects for clients of different sectors and different geographical locations.
Worked as a sole resource and handled the entire project alone.
Won a SPOT award for exceptional performance in the engagement
Volunteered in the Covid relief group and helped 100+ families. Received an award for the same.
Introduced a new tool to the team and got certified in it.
Organized a walking challenge with 150+ participants.

Co-founder, DarjiGal (10k followers on Instagram)

Started a apparel business on instagram.
Handled operations.
Had to close in after a few months due to scalability issues.

Created a team of 5 people to organize covid testing/relief drives during the pandemic
Collaborated with Defense research and development organisation to provide free tests and medicines to the people in the surrounding societies, especially the under-privileged.

Short term goals: Product Management
Long term goals: Entrepreneurship
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Calling all ISB PGP Applicants - (2022 Intake) Class of 2023 [#permalink]
Hey,
It'll be very helpful to know if with my profile should I be aiming GMAT for ISB and what GMAT score should I target. Also it'll be helpful to know what steps should I take to make my profile more attractive.

Work Experience: 2 Years as Test Engineer in a IT company.
Working and directly coordinating with clients from many countries around the globe.

B.Tech (Tier 1 college): 7.96 CGPA
12th: 74%
10th: 10 CGPA

Have been a part of an NGO and spread awareness about various social taboos through talk sessions and Skit programs.
Conducted talk sessions to spread awareness among more than 500 people about STI's, Drug abuse and Depression.

Been a cadet at National Cadet Corps and a Scout at Bharat Scouts and Guides, successfully completed multiple camps and helped multiple people throughout the tenure.

Represented Rajasthan state in National level Badminton tournament Under 14 y/o category.

Science and Math Olympiad Gold medalist on School level and merit holder on state level.

Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Ayush7777

Experience with NGO, participation in NCC and Bharat scouts and guides, your national level achievement in sports will help you showcase your leadership and team skills and how you have used them at work. Working directly with clients from many countries around the globe will give you the right content to talk about your professional achievements at work and the skills you have built.

Your academic percentages are just fine and if you are writing GMAT you should aim to score more than the avg gmat score of the batch.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you all the best for the GMAT exam.

Regards
Team ISBMantra
https://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com

Ayush7777 wrote:
Hey,
It'll be very helpful to know if with my profile should I be aiming GMAT for ISB and what GMAT score should I target. Also it'll be helpful to know what steps should I take to make my profile more attractive.

Working and directly coordinating with clients from many countries around the globe.

Have been a part of an NGO and spread awareness about various social taboos through talk sessions and Skit programs.
Conducted talk sessions to spread awareness among more than 500 people about STI's, Drug abuse and Depression.

Been a cadet at National Cadet Corps and a Scout at Bharat Scouts and Guides, successfully completed multiple camps and helped multiple people throughout the tenure.

Represented Rajasthan state in National level Badminton tournament Under 14 y/o category.

Science and Math Olympiad Gold medalist on School level and merit holder on state level.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Ayush7777,

Please see below our feedback.

Your recent academics (BTech from tier 1 college), the nature of your work experience (working with clients across the globe) and extra-curriculars (very impressive in your case- badminton, Olympiad and NGO) would stand out. However, lot of candidates have IT background and therefore would be very important to position yourself differently. Additionally, the sweet spot for number of years of work ex. for ISB is 3-5 years. Therefore, you might want to stress on why you would need an MBA degree now in your essays.
The mean GMAT score for ISB is 720. Considering that you are from tier 1 college (this cluster tends to have high average GMAT score) and there is a need for further differentiation, we suggest you target a score of at least 730.

Hope this was helpful! Feel free to ping us in case of any questions.
We are a bunch of ISB alums who help potential ISB candidates with profile positioning, essays review and interview mocks.

With warm regards,
Team Fly

Ayush7777 wrote:
Hey,

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  309   310   311