Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:24 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare and Operations
Schools:Michigan
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare and Operations
Schools:Michigan
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
Steel wrote:
nomsg7111 wrote:
When did people hear back from Kellogg last year? Was it an email, mail, or online? At the MMM prospective day they said they would release most admission decisions on a rolling basis, and most decisions will be before the "decision by date". Do they generally release financial awards at the same time, or a later date?

I don't like waiting...

Heard Dec. 11th for round 1 (by phone). My response was one word "Wow"

Another month is a long time. I suppose I should stop checking my email 5 times a day, and jumping every time I see an email marked "business" "mba" "school." :pc
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
nomsg7111 wrote:
Steel wrote:
nomsg7111 wrote:
When did people hear back from Kellogg last year? Was it an email, mail, or online? At the MMM prospective day they said they would release most admission decisions on a rolling basis, and most decisions will be before the "decision by date". Do they generally release financial awards at the same time, or a later date?

I don't like waiting...

Heard Dec. 11th for round 1 (by phone). My response was one word "Wow"

Another month is a long time. I suppose I should stop checking my email 5 times a day, and jumping every time I see an email marked "business" "mba" "school." :pc

I heard Nov 27th...then again another gmatclubber (and K'10) heard at 6pm on deadline day.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Yale SOM '11
Send PM
riverripper wrote:

I heard Nov 27th...then again another gmatclubber (and K'10) heard at 6pm on deadline day.

Neither one of those options makes a lot of sense. Nov 27th is Thanksgiving, so they would have to release prior to that date or Dec 1st.

If they released on the deadline, then the admissions decisions won't be rolling.

I know that I'm over analyzing this by leaps and bounds but work is slow today.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Texas
Send PM
ruthlessgravity wrote:
riverripper wrote:

Neither one of those options makes a lot of sense. Nov 27th is Thanksgiving, so they would have to release prior to that date or Dec 1st.

If they released on the deadline, then the admissions decisions won't be rolling.

You are missing the point. Admission Decisions ARE released on a rolling basis. This is evidenced by the fact that last year fellow members hear received their calls on Nov. 27, Dec. 11, and as late as deadline day.
Current Student
Schools:Yale SOM '11
Send PM
icon wrote:
ruthlessgravity wrote:
riverripper wrote:

You are missing the point. Admission Decisions ARE released on a rolling basis. This is evidenced by the fact that last year fellow members hear received their calls on Nov. 27, Dec. 11, and as late as deadline day.

Ops, misread it. good catch. Guess some will be hearing prior to the 27th this year.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
ruthlessgravity wrote:
Ops, misread it. good catch. Guess some will be hearing prior to the 27th this year.

I dont think anyone found out before thanksgiving last year so it proably will be similar this year. I found out right after thanksgiving last year.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)
 Q47  V41
Send PM
It seems that most schools send admits via email. Does Kellogg actually have someone call you to tell you that you've been admitted?
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
LOL I know I am late but I still love the photo, if it's you or not! Thanks for the interview information again!

ruthlessgravity wrote:
jlola21 wrote:
ruthlessgravity wrote:
I interviewed with an AO in my city back in September. What insight do you need into the process?

Interview went extremely well. She contacted me about setting up a time while she was in town for an event. Met in the lobby of a local hotel and it lasted approx. 30 minutes.

Walked her through my resume. She asked me about a former employer that was in the news at the time. Then my current employer and the dotcom I helped start with friends. My current job has had a lot of exposure to my former employer and so we discussed that. Asked about the promotion I received after my first year, and how my responsibilities changed.

Talked about raising capital for the venture. I name dropped how much I want to take Steven Roger's class. She was shocked that I knew who he was. Discussed how it has shaped why I want/need an MBA. Threw in that I'm coming from a small firm that doesn't have the general management training that others coming from GE will have...that plays into my why MBA.

She asked about my hobbies, the educational extracurricular activities I work on, and then we discussed some of the parts of the program I'm interested in.

All in all, the interview went really well. I recommend that your why MBA answer ties into Kellogg's general management curriculum and unique program offerings.

Ruthless, thanks for the interview information but what in the world is your picture and what is on your head?

Lol, that isn't an actual photo of me. I think its a 1980s wrestler with a styrofoam afro.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:Kellogg '11 (MMM)
 Q51  V42
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Engineer at a Food & Beverage Company
WE 2: Engineer at an Automotive Supplier
WE 3: Consultant at a Management Consulting Firm
Send PM
My status on the 'Check App Status' page was changed to "All the required elements of your application are complete. " today, so I guess that's a good sign ...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Don't know if its good news or bad news, but I received a message from Kellogg stating that due to the fact that there has been a significant increase in the number of interview requests in my region, they are waiving my interview requirement. This will not adversely affect my application.

I am a little disappointed because I felt I would be able to make a good impression in an interview, but I hope its a sign they think my application can stand on its own.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
Gil wrote:
Don't know if its good news or bad news, but I received a message from Kellogg stating that due to the fact that there has been a significant increase in the number of interview requests in my region, they are waiving my interview requirement. This will not adversely affect my application.

I am a little disappointed because I felt I would be able to make a good impression in an interview, but I hope its a sign they think my application can stand on its own.

you cant blame hamas for that LOL...

wow..thats actually not goood news if you think about it R1 is usually the lightest round and if they are already recieved a lot of applications..all i can say is wow..
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
 Q50  V38
Send PM
fresinha12 wrote:
Gil wrote:

wow..thats actually not goood news if you think about it R1 is usually the lightest round and if they are already recieved a lot of applications..all i can say is wow..

Well it's probably because there is a surge in Israeli applicants , with not a large alumni base there I would imagine?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
terp26 wrote:
fresinha12 wrote:
Gil wrote:

Well it's probably because there is a surge in Israeli applicants , with not a large alumni base there I would imagine?

Probably right.

fortunately, have never had any interaction with the Hamas:)

Gil
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
terp26 wrote:
fresinha12 wrote:
Gil wrote:

I heard something similar from an Indian applicant in India.
Who knows, in a few years Israeli/Male might trump Indian/Male. :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Not getting an interview right off is not too uncommon for some international areas. They only have alums do a few interviews and if there arent many alums who volunteered to do them...well then they start waiving interviews. If they like your application they will set up a phone interview (usually later in the round). However, without an interview, phone or in perso, you wont get in.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q50  V41
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
Not getting an interview right off is not too uncommon for some international areas. They only have alums do a few interviews and if there arent many alums who volunteered to do them...well then they start waiving interviews. If they like your application they will set up a phone interview (usually later in the round). However, without an interview, phone or in perso, you wont get in.

Thanks. Spoke to some candidates from previous yours who all said they were eventually interviewed by phone (and two got in!)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy & Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hey Guys !

I am new to this forum. I am in R1 too.

Same Ole story, received an email from them that my interview has been waved off due to lack of vacant spots !

Any clue how to request for an interview now ?

PS: I am from India
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  18   19   20   21   22  ...  115   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts