Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:00 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:USC(CGSM), NYU(Int), Texas(CGSM), Ross(CGSM), LBS(Int), Kellogg(Int,JDMBA)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Schools:Stanford, Kellogg, Ross, Cornell, Yale, UNC
 Q46  V47
GPA: 3.74
WE 1: Sales/Biz Dev 1 yr
WE 2: Non Profit 3 yrs
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Concentration: Finance & Entrepreneurship
Schools:Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
 Q50  V37 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V40
WE 1: Oil/Energy/Engineering/Construction
Send PM
Re: Calling all Ross 2010 applicants! [#permalink]
Kudos
YESS!!!! I just saw my email and there is an interview invite from Ross!!!! (Of course the deadline still is Feb. 26). And I had given up on Ross!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Sustainable Enterprise & Operations
Schools:Ross Class of 2012
 Q48  V32 GMAT 2: 710  Q49  V38
WE 1: Consumer Goods / IT
WE 2: Retail / Logistics
Send PM
Kudos
I interviewed with both Tauber and Ross on Friday. I started the day with the Ross VIP which was a very informative session. After that I interviewed with Diana Crossley of the Tauber program. She is a very relaxed personality and the interview was more like a conversation about what I had done in Supply Chain etc and about my interests were. She spoke just about as much as I did so I don't know how to take that. Diana's interview was not a blind interview, I could see that she had reviewed my file ahead of time.

The Ross interview was with an MBA2 which I thought went better. It was pretty straight forward without too much grilling. Here were the questions:

Tauber:
    Why MBA now?
    Why Ross?
    What are your short-term and long-term goals?
    What unique characteristics do you bring to the table?
    Why Tauber?
    Questions....

Ross:
    Tell me about yourself?
    Short-term and Long-term goals? where do you want to work?
    How can sustainability be used in SC?
    Why MBA?
    Why Ross?
    Tell me about a Leadership experience?
    Were you involved with a "high-level" team? What did you learn about effective teams?
    What leadership skills are you looking to develop? (I didn't have a good answer for that)
    What other activities are you involved with?
    What unique characteristics do you bring to Ross?
    Questions?

Overall I think that I could have done a better job in my interview. The content was there, but I could have articulated myself better. The Tauber interview lasted exactly 30 minutes (15 her questions and 15 mine) and the Ross interview lasted 45 (25 minutes his questions and 20 minutes were general discussion). Now the wait begins..........
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
My prediction is that they'll start releasing decisions next week. But again, I'm 0 for 1 on my predictions so far. Good luck to us all!

admissions decision this quickly? Don't all the files have to be reviewed by Soojin first?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 137 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Corp Fin
Schools:Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
 Q44  V42 GMAT 2: 710  Q47  V40
GPA: 1.87
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Send PM
Kudos
Mucho appreciation, GoBruins - I had started to lose hope. BTW who is going to be on campus next week? I have my interview on Friday, would love to meet any GClubbers in the area? Hit me up, if you'd like to meet.

sharmar and others, thank you for sharing your interview experience. Are all on campus interviews led by MBA2s?

manasa and others, don't despair. Last week Jonathan Fuller wrote on Twitter: "Stressing about a Ross interview invite? We'll be done on the 26th, but invites will be made through next week w/a phone option."

Good luck to all!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys - I just wanted to report that I had drinks with some future members of the class of 2012 last night. I had a great time with them - totally down-to-earth, thoughtful, intelligent, funny people. I'm working on revising my initial lukewarm feelings about Ross. I'll keep you posted!
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
I think most R2 interviews are conducted by MBA2s. This must be because of the volume of applications and the fact that they must have gotten trained during R1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:HBS (R2), Ross (R2)
 Q48  V46
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: 3.5 yrs sales & project mgmt at financial services firm
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview a week ago today, and it's probably not to many people's benefit to post more interview stories being that they're almost over, but I figure this thread is slow enough that any discussion is better than silence.

I flew in 2 days before my interview. I took the Michigan Flyer from the airport (I booked ahead of time, so it was only $15... best price around). It dropped me off next to Briarwood Mall south of campus, and I took the Rte 6 bus to downtown. I stayed with a friend who lives in Ann Arbor, but she was working and couldn't pick me up that day.

I spent the next day walking around central campus... nothing really to write home about there. I found the buildings stately, but master planning appears to have been absent for most of the school's history, that is, the buildings are not harmonious and the outdoor spaces are poorly laid out. Those are minor gripes from someone who's not likely to spend a lot of time on central campus.

I did the VIP tour the next morning before my interview... and definitely glad I did. I didn't really learn anything I was able to take into my interview, but it was great to get a good feel for the new b-school building. I echo the comments of others in saying the new building is amazing (maybe even a bit over-the-top?... are powered adjustable lecterns really necessary?)

My interview was standard fare:
Walk me through your resume
Why MBA
Why Ross
Tell me about your role on a team
Tell me about a time when a team member was underperforming

My interviewer was deft at setting a very conversational tone. Any anxiety I had going into the interview was gone within a few moments. That backfired a little bit when he asked about my role on a team... I felt like I was just talking with him and forgot that I had points to make and examples to go through! I think I recovered though; I snapped back to reality after that question.

The interviewer gave me little bits of feedback along the way; I'm not sure if that's a good sign or bad, but I'm not reading into it too much. He would say things like, "Well that was thorough," and "That was a great example; you should have used that one earlier." Thanks...? I think.

After 30 minutes of him asking me "official" questions, he asked me "off the record" where else had I applied, and we had what I regarded as a fairly frank conversation about that. I asked him a few questions I thought of during the tour, and by then about 50 minutes had passed.

Overall, I think it went well. Sucks that now we have to wait so long to find anything out.
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
On reading the email again it was definitely tailored towards the VIP tour.... I personally don't think thank you notes make much of a difference. In all the interviews I have conducted, I had made my "go no-go" decision within the first five minutes of a conversation. when it came down to a few people who are good, then it became tricky - resume, recommendations, experience at that point play a part....

thank you is a nice touch but in no way does it make or break the deal...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 270 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: social enterprise
Schools:University of Michigan Ross/SNRE (Erb Institute)
 Q44  V47
Send PM
Kudos
milias wrote:
I remember reading somewhere (maybe R1) that after the interview they give you a Michigan login/password to check your application status with. Are we going to get that for R2 also?

A couple of days before decisions were released (it was 2 days before the official date, one day before they started calls), we were asked to create a "UM Friend" account. This is where you could log in to see the decision. After being admitted, you can log in to Wolverine Access to see your financial aid status, admitted student events, etc.
Current Student
Send PM
Kudos
Ross does WL without interviews.... I had mentioned it earlier but this did happen to one of my close relative who got an admit immediately after he completed his int in R3
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance & Entrepreneurship
Schools:Michigan - Ross Class of 2012
 Q50  V37 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V40
WE 1: Oil/Energy/Engineering/Construction
Send PM
Kudos
I should update you all with the recent developments.

Got an interview invite last Friday and I scheduled an on campus interview for 2/24. I landed in Detroit late Tuesday and picked up my car to drive over to the hotel. It took 15 mins. to melt the ice off. By late night it had started snowing. Next day I made my way down to Ann Arbor. First impression - nice, cozy town grown around a huge university campus. The old buildings on the campus were beautiful, but the new buildings, well, lets just say that the architectural theme doesn't flow that well. I was under strict direction from a friend (a Ross alum) to grab lunch and a loaf of Chocolate sourdough bread at Zingerman's - Amazing little deli. I ended up buying 2 loaves. I headed back to campus after suiting up in my car. Armed with plenty of quarters, I found a parking spot right in front of the building and walked in for the interview.

The interview:

Very standard cookie-cutter stuff. I was interviewed by a adcom staff. We bantered about the difference in weather (California vs. Ann Arbor) and couple of other things. That eased both her and me into the interview.

The questions:

Resume walkthrough
Why Ross, why MBA?
Team member not performing, what do you do?
Ross has lots of clubs/activites, what would you do, why?

The whole interview seemed more like a conversation rather than an interview. We probably split the amount of talk time. We talked about student body, Ann Arbor, Alumni, etc. after which she asked me if I had any questions.

I asked her a couple of questions, to which she gave out very very extensive and detailed answers. At that point we wrapped up and said goodbye. I walked away feeling ok about the whole deal.

After the interview, I drove around the campus a little more, and then left to go grab some grub from Whole Paycheck (Whole Foods). HOLY CRAP!!! This is the biggest and the nicest Whole Foods I've ever been to. Add to that, the service from the staff - reminded me of the time we were in the private luxury booth at an NBA game - exceptional!!! (the same goes for Zingerman's staff too; I just forgot to write it earlier). Everybody had been telling me that the drive back during rush hour is bad. People, people; visit San Francisco or LA and try driving during rush hours there. The drive back during the "rush hour" from Ann Arbor to my Hotel near DTW wasn't bad at all. I spent the rest of the evening working from my room and caught the flight next morning.

Everything and everybody who I met on this trip were great. My only gripe - snow and the weather. Snowed 10" on the day of interview. Driving condition during night were not fun at all (lot of sliding).

Overall, I really like the school and the people, and would love to be there if I got in.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Fellow, Class of 2012
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Concentration: Brand Management, Global Marketing, International Business
Schools:Goizueta Business School-Emory University
Send PM
Kudos
a 640 may be low but believe me if I tell you that many people with a 640 go to Ross and better ranked school. I got accepted into Ross and others. So it is not only the gmat score.

WolverineFan wrote:
joaonorona wrote:
Congartulations and good luck to everybody that interviewed this week!

Would it be safe to say that if I haven't been contacted to interview by now, it's pretty much a Ding?
It that is the case, I find it odd that more difficult programs to get in like Sloan (LGO) and Kellogg(MMM) interviewed me but Ross didn't even contact me. Or are schools so different that I could be a good candidate for some and not at all for a lower ranking one?

Any thoughts?

lol...I love the tone of your question. I hate to be a jerk, but there are a few things that should be noted. Many of the reputable rankings actually place Ross ahead of Sloan, so it's not necessarily a "lower ranking" school. Also, since this is the GMAT Club, I might as well point out the obvious...your GMAT score is very low for top schools. I wish you all the best, but I would say that's going to make it a challenge to get into even those that you did interview with.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Tuck Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
Please update the roll call - I've withdrawn my Ross application without scheduling an interview. I've retired my suit and snappy red tie for the season.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Kudos
:done Will you be withdrawing from Duke too?

Wait, don't see your name on the list. I almost removed "eteusch1".
hehe
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
 Q47  V42
Send PM
Kudos
billyjeans wrote:
:done Will you be withdrawing from Duke too?

Wait, don't see your name on the list. I almost removed "eteusch1".
hehe

don't touch my name :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Kudos
Just submitted my FAFSA form before the March 1 deadline. 'Tis cutting it a bit close. I think I may have a made a few mistakes, since I haven't filed my taxes yet.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Kudos
coakleym wrote:
Just wanted to confirm: We have to have the FAFSA completed and submitted by March 1 2010 (tomorrow, midnight) to receive federal student aid money to attend a school in Michigan during the 2010-2011 school year, even if we're not Michigan residents?

I think the federal deadline is much later, but the state of Michigan's deadline is March 1. I took it to mean that if I want to get money from the state of Michigan, I'd better turn in it by midnight tonight. That's just my own understanding.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts