Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Can schools see later GMAT scores after sending your Score Report? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
When you send them the report, they get access to all the "previous" scores taken and the score for which the request has been made. They don't get access to any tests taken after that. Good Luck. :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Can schools see later GMAT scores after sending your Score Report? [#permalink]
The Schools will not be able to see your previous scores after cancellation. They have a see option, when you submit your score to them. This see feature is disable as you cancel your score.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 459 [1]
Given Kudos: 173
Send PM
Re: Can schools see later GMAT scores after sending your Score Report? [#permalink]
Thats very smart thinking!

I think i might use this trick for my applications.

Thanks,
GyM

sidjay wrote:
I currently have a GMAT score of 750 (Q47, V47). This is more than enough for most universities in Europe that I am applying to (like HEC Paris and LBS), as they mostly consider the overall GMAT score and not the individual section breakdown. However, I am also applying to several Indian universities (that give greater weightage to the Quant section), for which my current score is comparatively lacking. For this reason I am attempting the GMAT again in 4 days, but I am afraid that during my second attempt my overall score may be lower than the first time. I was thinking of employing the following strategy: send an Additional Score Report to HEC and LBS right now, before my second test attempt (although I will only be sending my finished applications to them in January, after I brush up my essays, etc), and then take the GMAT again 4 days from now and accept the score if my Quant score is higher even if my overall score happens to be slightly lower than 750. But my strategy depends on HEC and LBS not being able to see my later GMAT attempt (and hence lower overall score). So the question is this: once you send an Additional Score Report to a university, can they see a subsequent GMAT attempt taken a few days later - especially since you won't actually be sending your finished application to them until months later?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
sidjay wrote:
I currently have a GMAT score of 750 (Q47, V47). This is more than enough for most universities in Europe that I am applying to (like HEC Paris and LBS), as they mostly consider the overall GMAT score and not the individual section breakdown. However, I am also applying to several Indian universities (that give greater weightage to the Quant section), for which my current score is comparatively lacking. For this reason I am attempting the GMAT again in 4 days, but I am afraid that during my second attempt my overall score may be lower than the first time. I was thinking of employing the following strategy: send an Additional Score Report to HEC and LBS right now, before my second test attempt (although I will only be sending my finished applications to them in January, after I brush up my essays, etc), and then take the GMAT again 4 days from now and accept the score if my Quant score is higher even if my overall score happens to be slightly lower than 750. But my strategy depends on HEC and LBS not being able to see my later GMAT attempt (and hence lower overall score). So the question is this: once you send an Additional Score Report to a university, can they see a subsequent GMAT attempt taken a few days later - especially since you won't actually be sending your finished application to them until months later?
I think you may be overthinking this.

I'd prioritize the overall score if I were you, as your quant score is not low enough to warrant a retake. That said, I wish you all the best, and hope that your total and quant scores both go up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
AjiteshArun I realise that a 750 overall is a very good score - which is why I am anxious to ensure that I be able to use it for foreign universities. Unfortunately some of the Indian colleges I am eyeing have very strict section cutoffs. So the overall score - while important - doesn't matter at all if I don't meet their section cutoff (minimum of 49 in Quant). Of course, the best case scenario would be if I manage to up both my Quant as well as overall scores.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2103 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Send PM
Congratulations on getting a V47!

I wish you all the best, and hope that your total and quant scores both go up. Give your best shot and hope for the best!!

Do update us after your exam and do post a debrief!
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2413 [0]
Given Kudos: 272
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Good luck at improving your Quant score, but I can speak from experience when I say that maintaining a near-perfect score of V47 (99%) is going to be tough, meaning that even if your Quant improves, your composite will probably go down. This is probably worth the sacrifice, though, since there is more to a GMAT score than the composite (especially for the Indian B-schools to which you referred, who prioritize high Quant scores).

Basically, in order to score 99% (760+) you need a little bit of luck: you need to ace both the Verbal and the Quant in one shot, with very little room for error. Based on my ESR studies, I have come to these general conclusions about the (steep!) Verbal scoring scale:

51/51 = 0 wrong
48/51 = 1 wrong
47/51 = 2 wrong
46/51 = 3 wrong
42/51 = 5 wrong
40/51 = 7 wrong

For comparison, last test I scored a Q50/V42 and also earned a 750. If you get more than 2 wrong on Verbal, then you're doomed unless you score a Q51. Even then, the most you can afford on Verbal is 3-4 wrong to stay in the 99th percentile.

The Verbal section appears to getting tougher over the years, unfortunately--while the difficulty of Quant has not increased much, imo. Here are my Verbal scores over the years:

2012: 48 (-1)
2015: 47 (-2)
2016: 46 (-3)
2017: 40 (-7)
2017: 42 (-5)

Here are my Quant scores over the years:

2012: 47 (-8)
2015: 42 (-9)
2016: 44 (-12)
2017: 46 (-9)
2017: 50 (-6)

GMAT scores tend to vary 4-5 points in either direction on test day, due to random, somewhat uncontrollable factors and test-day pressures. And hey--the GMAT is hard. On Quant, study and drill your weaknesses again, then give it another go--no major harm done with 8 lifetime attempts.

I'm not saying that you can't make it happen...I just want you to know that you don't have much wiggle room on the 2018 version of the test. Prove me wrong! :)

Good luck,

-Brian

Originally posted by mcelroytutoring on 26 Nov 2018, 19:17.
Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 27 Nov 2018, 19:51, edited 5 times in total.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22054 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Wow, congrats on the 750! I agree that HEC and LBS will see only your previous GMAT scores. So, just make sure not to send them your new score (in the case that your overall score drops).

Let us know how things end up on the GMAT.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot