5 months ago
Round 1
AppliedSep 9, 23
InterviewedNov 3, 23
AcceptedDec 5, 23
ScholarshipNone
Comments (7 comments)
17 Sep 2023, 22:21
Highly appreciated! I'll search for employee reports and decide where to apply for R2.
17 Sep 2023, 21:36
Hi and welcome.
I think the schools make sense. Your executive assessment score is pretty high and should not raising the flags.

Depending on your application strengths, you can upgrade and consider Kellogg - very strong for Tech.

Alternatively among other schools, Berkeley is a little tricky because it’s a small program and admissions tends to be unpredictable. It’s a bit of a gambling.

In terms of other programs to recommend, if you are considering consulting, Darden is very strong.
17 Sep 2023, 21:44
Thanks for your reply, bb! I'm curious if the consulting at Darden is primarily focused on strategic consulting, aiming for MBB. My interest lies more in the practical tech-related field, with the ultimate goal of pursuing a career in tech consulting.
17 Sep 2023, 21:44
Thanks for your reply, bb! I'm curious if the consulting at Darden is primarily focused on strategic consulting, aiming for MBB. My interest lies more in the practical tech-related field, with the ultimate goal of pursuing a career in tech consulting.
17 Sep 2023, 21:52
Sorry, yes, Darden is MBB-focused. Frankly, all business schools love MBB’s and focus on them.

I’m not as familiar with tech consulting MBA roles. I know that Accenture has a huge tech arm but they don’t really recruit MBA folks. Most of it is developers and technical expertise rather than leadership and strategic.

I think Deloitte does some and I believe they actually pay better than McKenzie. And for consulting jobs, your school probably doesn’t matter as much. For example you can go to Harvard, Darden, or Jones and end up at McKenzie or equally you can also get weirded out during the interview process.

While the name alone does not help, going to school the places people into particular firms is very helpful. This creates a pipeline, a connection, a culture of interview prep and Keith Smith studying and consulting clubs. So I would say any consulting school, regardless if it’s strategic or tech focus would be helpful since the recruiting process is somewhat similar. I know some firms use behavioral interviews and others use of approaches or something else like that but ultimately if you have a larger size program, you will have hundreds of applicants pursuing consulting and that will give fertile ground for practice networking and strength in Numbers.
17 Sep 2023, 21:53
I guess what I meant to say was it actually doesn’t matter to the school you go in a roundabout way 🥴
17 Sep 2023, 21:54
by the way, it is really good that you are laser focused. Don’t let people tell you that it’s a weakness because it’s actually a strength.
17 Sep 2023, 22:21
Highly appreciated! I'll search for employee reports and decide where to apply for R2.