Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 23:44 It is currently 22 May 2024, 23:44
11.7 years
United States
Male
Score: Plan to take the GMAT
GPA: 3.7
Pre-MBA industry: Consulting
Post-MBA industry: Consulting
Higher Education and Non-profit technology consultant seeking to take an accelerated MBA with a US based school, Singapore, or Japan. Undergrad was 2.3GPA (personal challenges) but am completing masters in management with Gies Business - UIUC. My Graduate GPA currently 3.78, completion in May.

Goal is to remain with the same company but improve my ability to lead and influence teams and grow my understanding of international management, as I will be managing teams in India and Singapore in the future. I hope to move into the portfolio lead role after completing my MBA.
Kellogg
Evening/Weekend MBA
5 months ago
Fuqua
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 2
Johnson (Cornell)
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
5 months ago
Tepper
Tepper PT Online Hybrid and On-Campus MBA
5 months ago
Kellogg
Evening/Weekend MBA
5 months ago
Fuqua
Full Time MBA
5 months ago
Round 2
Johnson (Cornell)
Cornell NYC Tech MBA
5 months ago
Tepper
Tepper PT Online Hybrid and On-Campus MBA
5 months ago
Comments (3 comments)
28 Nov 2023, 19:59
if you’re not planning to recruit, you don’t need to impress anyone or network your way in. There are some benefits of a more prestigious degree but they lose value overtime and eventually become pretty weak.
28 Nov 2023, 17:29
As you were staying with the same company, the reputation and brand of the MBA is not as critical. So convenience and accessibility can take greater role and front stage.

In general, I recommend attending executive or part-time programs with the largest class size because that class will be your network down the road and immediately after graduation.
28 Nov 2023, 19:54
Thanks @bb - tepper may be an ideal fit, potentially warrington as well, or just continuing with Gies - good feedback
28 Nov 2023, 19:59
if you’re not planning to recruit, you don’t need to impress anyone or network your way in. There are some benefits of a more prestigious degree but they lose value overtime and eventually become pretty weak.