Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 22:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 22:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Re: Duke (Fuqua) 2013 - Calling All Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
PDX105 wrote:
eyjose wrote:
Just submitted my withdrawal of the WL. I got into 2 other top 10-15 programs that I was on the WL. It's time to move on. I gotta get a place and get ready to start balling on Wall Street.

Best of luck to you! Where are you headed off to?

Not sure yet. Either Darden or Johnson but leaning towards Darden. Ross is also still in play until Wednesday.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
eyjose wrote:
PDX105 wrote:
eyjose wrote:
Just submitted my withdrawal of the WL. I got into 2 other top 10-15 programs that I was on the WL. It's time to move on. I gotta get a place and get ready to start balling on Wall Street.

Best of luck to you! Where are you headed off to?

Not sure yet. Either Darden or Johnson but leaning towards Darden. Ross is also still in play until Wednesday.

Thanks Jose. Seems like Ross admitted quite a few people from WL today; not sure, what Duke is waiting for? Probably trying to see how WL plays out at other schools before they pull the trigger.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Even Stanford is accepting GCers from the WL, and Duke hasn't called a single person. Ahh, it's so frustrating.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
rocket1741 wrote:
Even Stanford is accepting GCers from the WL, and Duke hasn't called a single person. Ahh, it's so frustrating.

What is GCers?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
ok4eva wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:

What is GCers?

sorry, using abbreviations. "GMATClubbers"
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
rocket1741 wrote:

And why should anything happening at Stanford affect Duke's own process? Why didn't you apply to Stanford, then?
Director
Director
Send PM
aerien wrote:
Parselmouth wrote:
rocket1741 wrote:

And why should anything happening at Stanford affect Duke's own process? Why didn't you apply to Stanford, then?

Relax. Rocket's just saying that Stanford's yield is generally higher than Duke's, so if Stanford is seeing some WL movement, Duke likely will too. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

I think it could be that people are picking Duke over Stanford this year....just saying lol. Stanford's BBALL team has been pretty mediocre lately - it matters to some applicants.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
aerien wrote:
Parselmouth wrote:

Relax. Rocket's just saying that Stanford's yield is generally higher than Duke's, so if Stanford is seeing some WL movement, Duke likely will too. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

I think it could be that people are picking Duke over Stanford this year....just saying lol. Stanford's BBALL team has been pretty mediocre lately - it matters to some applicants.

Yep, that's why everyone applied to HBS, Harvard won the Ivy's this year... If it were Princeton everyone would be going there for an MSF instead.
Director
Director
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
aerien wrote:

Yep, that's why everyone applied to HBS, Harvard won the Ivy's this year... If it were Princeton everyone would be going there for an MSF instead.

very logical, highwyre. Cornell had a good run last year, so it explains the 20% increase in apps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:

Hehe
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Any idea when they'll start calling waitlisted applicants? The deadline for deposits for Intl students was on the 15th so I wonder if they're waiting until after deadline for deposits for domestic applicants which is the 21st..
Director
Director
Send PM
ok4eva wrote:
Any idea when they'll start calling waitlisted applicants? The deadline for deposits for Intl students was on the 15th so I wonder if they're waiting until after deadline for deposits for domestic applicants which is the 21st..

My guess is that we will hear from Duke around May 31st. Last year they called few people about 8-10 days after the deposit deadline.
Director
Director
Send PM
Alright folks: Today is the final deposit deadline for R3 domestic applicants which means that starting tomorrow the adcom will know the final make up of the class. Based on the last year's forums, the adcom should be filling any open spots during the next couple of weeks and after that we will be at the mercy of current admits to drop out and open additional spots.

I think we should start a roll call and see who is currently active on the WL, and is trying to get in. I will put one together in a separate post.

Lastly, just to share some good news: I know one person who just dropped out of Duke and decided to go somewhere else, so we will have at least one spot to fight over.

Goodluck, Friends!

Originally posted by hailmary on 21 May 2013, 08:13.
Last edited by hailmary on 21 May 2013, 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
Zomba wrote:
Well, I just emailed adcom to let them know that I'm withdrawing and matriculating at Kellogg instead. I realize that I'm only one person, but hopefully a slot has just now opened up.

I was on the WL at Kellogg for nearly 5 months before being admitted (R1 applicant, admitted 5/7), so don't lose hope for the Fuqua list!

I was referring to Zomba in my previous post. I think whoever gets his spot should cover half of his Duke deposit - just saying!
Director
Director
Send PM
Zomba wrote:
Well, I just emailed adcom to let them know that I'm withdrawing and matriculating at Kellogg instead. I realize that I'm only one person, but hopefully a slot has just now opened up.

I was on the WL at Kellogg for nearly 5 months before being admitted (R1 applicant, admitted 5/7), so don't lose hope for the Fuqua list!

Would you mind sharing your WL strategy?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GPA: 3.82
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
Alright folks: Today is the final deposit deadline for R3 domestic applicants which means that starting tomorrow the adcom will know the final make up of the class. Based on the last year's forums, the adcom should be filling any open spots during the next couple of weeks and after that we will be at the mercy of current admits to drop out and open additional spots.

I think we should start a roll call and see who is currently active on the WL, and is trying to get in. I will put one together in a separate post.

Lastly, just to share some good news: I know one person who just dropped out of Duke and decided to go somewhere else, so we will have at least one spot to fight over.

Goodluck, Friends!

Present :) Also, a big thank you and congratulations to Zomba!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
Would you mind sharing your WL strategy?[/quote]

My notification letter at Kellogg mentioned that we should only call after a certain date. On that day, I called my WL manager (Michael G) and he was out of the office. I called again a week later and he said that there wasn't anything specific that they wanted/expected me to do to improve my application. I sent Kellogg a letter (via attachment) simply updating them on a few achievements at work and reaffirmed my strong interest in the program. After being re-waitlisted at the R2 notification date, I simply sent in a short note saying the I was very interested in Kellogg. That was it from me.

As for my Booth strategy, I accepted a place on the WL via their portal, sent a letter telling them that Booth was my #1 choice and that I would attend if admitted, and I also updated a video. Obviously didn't work for me.

Hope that helps.

Update: I realize this pertains to programs other than Fuqua, but I thought it might be useful for Fuqua WLers, as well.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, Zomba. Good luck at Kellogg!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  31   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts