Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 20:44 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 20:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: IIMB (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [1]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 2.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Germany,Canada Or Australia, which offers the best job prospects? [#permalink]
Kudos
abhishekc11 wrote:
I am planning on studying in germany because it's cheaper and the quality of life is amazing. Secondly, I admire german professionalism and lesser working hours, I read that germans work overtime but they don't work crazy hours like 10-12 hours a day.
Do i need to read and write in german if I work in a big german international company?
Of these countries where would I have more work-life balance? Germany,Australia or Canada?

I can give you the Canadian Perspective.

It is pretty much the cold version of Australia. The people are famously stereotyped for their friendliness and Yes it is true!
I was once standing outside a Canadian Tire (Canadian version of Walmart, although we do have Walmart as well ) with some patio furniture to take home. This random couple just offered to drop off the furniture at my apartment! just WOW! and many more incidents like this.
Job market is a mixture of networking and advertised opportunities.
Canadian dollar is pretty low now (0.75 CAD = 1 USD) Similar story to AUD I guess
Cost of living, housing, groceries everything is on the higher side.
Job market is brutal in Alberta (traditional powerhouse for the economy) due to Oil crash although this might change soon.
Housing market is ridiculously overpriced in TO and Vancouver. Calgary is comparatively reasonable.
Winters are brutal, I'm talking atleast 2 to 3 < -20C degree weeks in Dec/Jan/Feb in Alberta - but we are close to the Majestic Canadian Rockies and their awesomeness! They will change your life!
Vancouver is much warmer but gets a lot of rain (it gets old soon I heard)
TO is pretty similar to NYC I think may be a lil colder

The most important thing to me was social integration.
It is extremely easy to make great Canadian friends! Unlike the states where each minority is segregated to their own circles (I'm obviously generalizing here)
I made tons of local friends, play in baseball, dodgeball, volleyball leagues, go to poker nights, group hikes in the mountains, traveled to other countries with friends I made here.

I lived in the states for 4.5 years and 6 years now in Canada. I'm glad I made the move!
Every single time I talk to my friends down south, they complain about H1B or some stamping issue while I'm chilling with my work permit or permanent residency here
They are over stressed in their jobs while I take vacations like a maniac and traveled to over 20 countries in the last 5 years

The work culture, especially in Calgary is very relaxed, I'm talking multiple coffee breaks, long lunches, 7.30 - 4.30 work hours, flexible hrs, every second Friday off! (this obviously depends on your company, team etc)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Germany,Canada Or Australia, which offers the best job prospects? [#permalink]
To be hired at any company in Germany, you will need functional german language skills, even though your MBA will be in English. I’ve also heard that the MBA isn’t as highly valued in Germany - would love to hear a Germans perspective on this. Canada is awesome, and very welcoming to newcomers from my experience [VICTORY HAND]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Germany,Canada Or Australia, which offers the best job prospects? [#permalink]
1. Canada (point based system, if you are under 35 then very likely, plus provincial based system

2. United States (restrictive but immigrant country, larger market, academic jobs are possible.

3.Australia (no idea)

4.Germany. (immigration depends on getting the job you were trained for, no clear laws and therefore depends on the whim of immigration, most companies are SMEs that are reluctant to hire foreigners, competition from all over the EU, hard language, non immigrant country). Of course all of us hope to stay on but the tension, the sleepless nights and the desperation are hardly worth it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Probably the us because we have way more population then any of those countries. Canada is huge size wise but very low population. Australia is still trying to get more more people to move there for jobs I hear all the time people in Australia saying our companies try to get people to move here but not many want t
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Germany,Canada Or Australia, which offers the best job prospects? [#permalink]
abhishekc11 wrote:
I am planning on studying in germany because it's cheaper and the quality of life is amazing. Secondly, I admire german professionalism and lesser working hours, I read that germans work overtime but they don't work crazy hours like 10-12 hours a day.
Do i need to read and write in german if I work in a big german international company?
Of these countries where would I have more work-life balance? Germany,Australia or Canada?

It has been noted that in the past few years that students from across the world are heading to Germany to pursue their higher education. The German Universities are the best and have an admirable international reputation. Out of the three options, it is definitely Germany that has the best of job prospects.

1. Germany is a country that leads the global market as all the exclusive brands belong to Germany.

2. If a student decides to study engineering in Germany then that will turn out to be the best decision ever because a German degree in engineering is recognized worldwide.

3. No job stress exists as the student can easily get a’ job search visa’ of 18 months after s/he completes the course.

4. The benefits of a’ job search visa’ is not limited to Germany only, but it is also valid for other 26 Schengen countries as well.

5. There are other study destinations that charge a bomb for living expenses, but with Germany it is quiet low and hence it is manageable.

6. Students do not get worry wrinkles as the education in Germany is absolutely free, so the stress of burdensome loans does not disturb the equilibrium of the student.
To know about the other aspects of Germany, you can contact a promising German Education Consultant.

One of the most encouraging consultants is Study Feeds which has years of experience at guiding students to do their best in the career front in the multitalented country like Germany.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
ashkul123 wrote:
I can offer some insights on how the Australian (and probably Canadian) market works. No clue about Germany.

Before my MBA, I was working in Australia for close to 4 years. Then I came back to pursue a one year full time from IIM Bangalore - EPGP.

In Australia, what really matters is whom you know. It's never about what you know. Also local experience trumps everything. It almost always boils down to the fact that someone should be referring you for a job. When I was working in Australia, so many recruiters used to reach out to me via Linkedin however, most were not ready to sponsor the work permit. On the other hand, there were guys who had landed in Australia with a Permanent Residency visa (PR) but zero work experience and they would really struggle to get a job as there was no one to refer them. In my experience, most jobs don't even get published and are simply filled by referrals.

The quality of life in Australia is amazing though it's a bit pricey. The society, in general is very accommodating and the onus is on you to fit in. If you study in Australia, you get points towards your PR application plus you can use that time in lieu of local work experience (it's better than no experience at least). Also , please note, for a well qualified candidate, getting an Australian PR is very easy and the citizenship track not complicated at all.

I am not sure about the quality of life in Germany and the post MBA work opportunities, but can vouch for the quality of life in Australia. Canada, though a beautiful and awesome country, is just way too cold in my opinion.

Coming to post MBA jobs in Australia, I think there are sufficient jobs, though you would do well to initiate your PR application before you finish your MBA. If you have an MBA from a local school and a PR, getting a good job should not be a problem.

Thanks for you views on this topic because these things you mentioned over here are important too while someone considering these options.
GMAT Club Bot