Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 248 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finacee, General Management
Schools:ISB, HEC, Said
 Q48  V28
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 432 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: GMAT Prep course reviews, discount, codes [#permalink]
I'm enrolled right now in the manhattangmat course and i LOVE it so far. I will give a better review once i finish the course and take gmat. But right now i blame myself for not taking it the first time when i was studying for gmat. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 248 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finacee, General Management
Schools:ISB, HEC, Said
 Q48  V28
Send PM
kt00381n

Can you share experience of first GMAT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 432 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
prashantbacchewar wrote:
kt00381n

Can you share experience of first GMAT.

It was not bad as i thought it would be. Math was easier than what i studied. However, i still guessed about 8 questions. With verbal i struggled. I guessed about 15 questions :shock: maybe even more. For some reason critically didn't have enough time. My score was 630 Q49 (or 48) and V29 :-D . I totally deserved it since my studing strategy the first time was very BAD. I took a lot of tests but did very little actual studying ( i mean concepts etc.) Also i studied math (because i felt more secure with it and did very little of verbal) My fault :-D I am non-native speaker so my weakness it Verbal. This time im all about concepts. So far (since sept) took only one CAT and only because manhattangmat asked me to take it:)

Let me know if you have other questions, will be glad to share...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I took a Princeton Review course a month or so ago and ended up turning a 580 Math score into a 670, which was my real weakness to begin with. I took a few practice tests on their website and they were adaptive just like the real thing, which was nice. But having the structure of a full-fledged class with an instructor was what helped most, IMO. Though now I wish I'd waited to take it. My friend just signed up for a GMAT class and she's now getting an iPad paid for because of some deal they're doing through their website. Bad timing for me I guess, haha.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi
i would like to know about the institutions in ahmedabad for the preparation.
Manager
Manager
Status:Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
Background: , I have started following GMATClub.com's study plan (source: gmat-study-plan-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html) from last week and I am planning to write GMAT in early October, 2011. Please note, I have aimed for 720 in GMAT. The internet speed here is way too much slow (I am working in Kabul with an INGO) which is a big constraint for having an online course from a reputed GMAT Prep Center.

Having said these, can anyone throw any ideas about whether taking GMAT Prep in Self-prep mode first (if not do good in that way then going to a professional Prep cneter) is a good choice over enrolling in a professional GMAT Prep center like MGMAT, Kaplan, GMAT Pill etc side-by-side taking Self-Prep from the beginning?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
For the Knewton 50 point guarantee, is there a limit as to what your prior score can be, or do they base it off of a diagnostic test they give the participant?
Manager
Manager
Status:Preparing myself to break the sound( 700 )-barrier!
Affiliations: IFC - Business Edge, Bangladesh Enterprise Institute
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Given Kudos: 136
Send PM
jaschen27 wrote:
For the Knewton 50 point guarantee, is there a limit as to what your prior score can be, or do they base it off of a diagnostic test they give the participant?

As per my understanding, the base score will be the higher one between your actual GMAT score (if you have already taken one) and your score in Knewton's diagnostic test (it's is not mandatory if you have a valid GMAT score).

My suggestion, if you have already taken GMAT, will be to attempt the Knewton's Diagnostic Test as attempting it may give you a higher score than your actual GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks for this review! It was indeed of help!
Has anyone met similar comparison for on-line GMAT classes?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for sharing those tips to get prepared and good score in GMAT
Intern
Intern
Send PM
With so many courses to choose from, which in-class course provides the best value for the Verbal section?

I'm thinking of Kaplan or Manhattan.

Thanks!
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi Guys,
i am in a dilemma whether to choose knewton or Gmatpill.. My main concern is verbal where i have scoring an avg of 34. Both the courses offer money back guarantee if they fail to improve the score by 50points
Knewton- seems more traditional approach and worth $349
Gmatpill- the founder claims a 1mnth plan is sufficient to improve the score considerably, but i am not really sure if it's possible ( i would definitely prefer a shortcut to success at this point)-Cost: $312 for entire course and $199 for only Verbal course

Guys- can you please post your reviews about the two courses and how effective they are in improving the score..i still have 2 mnths for my G-day
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:said ,stanford
Send PM
LifeChanger wrote:
Hi Guys,
i am in a dilemma whether to choose knewton or Gmatpill.. My main concern is verbal where i have scoring an avg of 34. Both the courses offer money back guarantee if they fail to improve the score by 50points
Gmatpill- the founder claims a 1mnth plan is sufficient to improve the score considerably, but i am not really sure if it's possible ( i would definitely prefer a shortcut to success at this point)-Cost: $312 for entire course and $199 for only Verbal course

Guys- can you please post your reviews about the two courses and how effective they are in improving the score..i still have 2 mnths for my G-day

I am also in the same dilemma and I also have to add e-gmat to that list. I am looking to increase my 34 verbal score which i got in my last attempt. Have you checked the preview available at gmatpill? The teaching method didn't fit well for my style of learning. Will decide which one to pick in a couple of days. The money back guarantee is what caught my attention since I have 700 from my previous attempt.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
I am curious what you guys end up picking - please keep us posted on the decision and through the process
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
jaba wrote:
LifeChanger wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am also in the same dilemma and I also have to add e-gmat to that list. I am looking to increase my 34 verbal score which i got in my last attempt. Have you checked the preview available at gmatpill? The teaching method didn't fit well for my style of learning. Will decide which one to pick in a couple of days. The money back guarantee is what caught my attention since I have 700 from my previous attempt.

I took the GMAT pill SC course and it was of no help at all. Also it is very general and does not give anything better than what you can get by reading MGMAT SC. I got really low score of V 27, now I am thinking of enrolling in Knewton.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:said ,stanford
Send PM
I have enrolled for knewton and hoping that its not a waste of time since i am going to give the test in a month. I will give a knewton review after a few week and hoping that we can get more reviews about gmatpill.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72889 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
LifeChanger wrote:
bb wrote:
I am curious what you guys end up picking - please keep us posted on the decision and through the process

Hi bb,

Sure..i enrolled for Knewton mainly because i felt that my verbal score is low because of lack of practice. What i heard of knewton is that thet mimic the OG questions, so i feel that is what i need..

Will post the review.. :)

Thank you! Please PM me when you do so I don't miss it.
Good luck! (did you pick on demand or full class?)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5