Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 19:45 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 19:45
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [0]
Given Kudos: 20634
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 676 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 676 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you. I think it was supposed to be pretty narrow and not very disrupting.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [0]
Given Kudos: 143
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 4: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Hey bb

Suggestion for a feature: Ability to filter Qs by Difficulty Percent

It would be great if we could filter the Qs by difficulty percent. Currently, we can only use 3 tags (i.e. Sub-600, 600-700, 700) to select Qs. Hence, there could be a big jump from one difficulty level to the next because of the wide range of each difficulty level.

For example, if I choose 700 level tag, that would give me all Qs that have a difficulty percent of more than 55% (55%-95%). Suppose I just want to practice Qs between 55% to 75%, there is no way to do so. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So when I choose the 700 tag, I would see a couple of 95% level Qs that might not have a very good ROI at that stage of prep when one just moving from a 600-700 level to 700 level. I do understand that extremely hard Qs tests our ability to guess and move on wisely if one can't solve a Qs but that might not be that helpful to someone who only wants to focus on doing Qs at a particular difficulty.

Another example, if I just want to practice the hardest M level Qs (i.e. 45% difficulty), then I would still be seeing all Qs from 25% to 45% difficulty level.

Currently, the timer for each Q already has the difficulty percent data so we could use that to implement a feature to filter Qs by difficulty percent, allowing everyone to focus on a narrower difficulty level and enabling them to move from one level to another in smaller steps.

Originally posted by dabaobao on 21 Aug 2018, 04:44.
Last edited by dabaobao on 19 Jan 2019, 05:30, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 188 [0]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Hi,

exactly what does it mean when this message gets posted below a question...

'This is not a quality discussion. It has been retired. '

is it because it is a question from a test prep company?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-erythrov ... 39055.html
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 644171 [0]
Given Kudos: 86770
Send PM
Expert Reply
ENEM wrote:
Hi,

exactly what does it mean when this message gets posted below a question...

'This is not a quality discussion. It has been retired. '

is it because it is a question from a test prep company?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-erythrov ... 39055.html

Yes, this question was archived due to the request from its owner. It happens some times.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: test
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
Yawer: Yawer
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Consulting (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
dabaobao wrote:

Suggestion for a feature: Ability to filter Qs by Difficulty Percent

It would be great if we could filter the Qs by difficulty percent. Currently, we can only use 3 tags (i.e. Sub-600, 600-700, 700) to select Qs. Hence, there could be a big jump from one difficulty level to the next because of the wide range of each difficulty level.

For example, if I choose 700 level tag, that would give me all Qs that have a difficulty percent of more than 55% (55%-95%). Suppose I just want to practice Qs between 55% to 75%, there is no way to do so. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So when I choose the 700 tag, I would see a couple of 95% level Qs that might have a very good ROI at that stage of prep when one just moving from a 600-700 level to 700 level. I do understand that extremely hard Qs tests our ability to guess and move on wisely if one can't solve a Qs but that might not be that helpful to someone who only wants to focus on doing Qs at a particular difficulty.

Another example, if I just want to practice the hardest M level Qs (i.e. 45% difficulty), then I would still be seeing all Qs from 25% to 45% difficulty level.

Currently, the timer for each Q already has the difficulty percent data so we could use that to implement a feature to filter Qs by difficulty percent, allowing everyone to focus on a narrower difficulty level and enabling them to move from one level to another in smaller steps.

+1 I have been thinking of this feature as well. It will be very useful! There comes a time in one's preparation that merely doing the questions which 60%+ people have completed do not help.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1372 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey bb

Suggestion for a feature: Ability to sort Qs by Last Attempt Date

Ability to sort Qs by last attempt date would be really helpful for those people who want to re-do/review the Qs. For example, if one did all the Qs from the Verbal Review book and wants to attempt those Qs again, then this feature would be pretty handy since one could start doing the questions with the oldest last attempt date. Currently, if one wants to do so, one would need to open Qs one-by-one and then check their attempt date.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
dabaobao wrote:

Ability to sort Qs by last attempt date would be really helpful for those people who want to re-do/review the Qs. For example, if one did all the Qs from the Verbal Review book and wants to attempt those Qs again, then this feature would be pretty handy since one could start doing the questions with the oldest last attempt date. Currently, if one wants to do so, one would need to open Qs one-by-one and then check their attempt date.

Thank you for the suggestion!
Yes, we are planning to add the date field to the Error Log.
Meanwhile as a work around you can filter the questions in the Error Log by source and then just navigate to the last page and work your way backwards - I believe they are sorted chronologically.

Thanks!
BB.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1600 [1]
Given Kudos: 579
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
HI bb,

Just keep you posted that the Chat Windows becomes very small as soon as question is posted.

Can we have bit bigger to chat
Attachments

File comment: Chat Window
Chat.jpg
Chat.jpg [ 155.42 KiB | Viewed 2061 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
Hey
Is there a way to permanently hide the "show/hide timer statistics" for questions?
Whenever I open a new window for attempting a question, my earlier choice is used as default.
It would be nice if the timer stats are always hidden and I have to manually check the stats if needed. A toggle option in the profile settings could also be an option.

Thanks
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
dabaobao wrote:
Hey bb

Hi dabaobao. I forgot to follow up here. The date feature has been added to the error log a while ago (probably a few weeks or a month ago). I assume you have seen it.
BB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Has anyone here applied for HEC summer school program ? If yes, what kind of profile do they require for the same ? I am looking at the luxury management course.

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8919 [1]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Kritikasinha30 wrote:
Has anyone here applied for HEC summer school program ? If yes, what kind of profile do they require for the same ? I am looking at the luxury management course.

Kritikasinha30

This topic is intended for GMATClub website suggestions. You are much better off posting your question in the following forums.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/hec-montreal-270/
https://gmatclub.com/forum/hec-paris-221/
Director
Director
Send PM
bb

Is it possible to change the default setting for all forum pages to "sort by kudos"? I believe most of us might be want to browse the thread by looking at the posts with the most kudos. I know GC added the features "Most Helpful Expert Reply" and "Most Helpful Community Reply" a few months back. While these features are definitely helpful, the browsing experience could be enhanced further by sorting pages by kudos just like it's done on any other forum based websites such as Stackoverflow since there are 2 issues that those 2 features don't fully solve:
1) I notice that not all pages have the "most helpful reply" feature. I've attached a screenshot of 2 pages: one with and one without this feature.
2) Even if the page has the "most helpful reply" feature, I (assuming others as well) always have to "sort by kudos" before I start going through the thread.

I know that "sort by kudos" adds "?kudos=1" to the default URL. It's pretty rare that I would use the default option "Sort by Date".

Thanks!
Attachments

%22Most Helpful Reply%22 Feature vs No Feature.png
%22Most Helpful Reply%22 Feature vs No Feature.png [ 845.26 KiB | Viewed 1970 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thanks for the suggestion dabaobao - I believe we used to have it work that way (whichever way one set it, that’s how one would browse) but we we have had complaints from confused users. We have changed it to how it works currently. Sorry.

Director
Director
Send PM
bb

Error Log: Some Feature to Avoid GMAT Prep Exam Qs

This might not be a very standard request but I thought I'll anyway put it here in case there are others, especially re-test takers, who might benefit from this feature.

Currently, if one wants to redo all the Qs, one will need to use the Error Log. Ideally, I would want to start from the oldest Qs that I had done earlier but I absolutely want to avoid the official exam Qs (i.e. Qs from GMAT Prep, GMAT Prep EP1 & GMAT Prep EP2) so that my scores are less inflated when I revisit those exams.

Now suppose one wasn't very organized earlier and did questions from various sources at the same time instead of exhausting one source and moving to another. It would be slightly challenging to use the Error Log if one wants to redo Qs meeting these requirements:
1) Avoid GMAT Prep Exam Qs
2) Do the oldest Qs first (meaning the order could be random: OG, Verbal, Manhattan, Manhattan, QP1, Verbal, OG, Manhattan, Verbal....)

Currently, Error Log has 1 main filter (i.e. Verbal or Subsection such as RC) and the source filter. It would be hard to do the oldest Qs in order as mentioned above by just using the source filter. If we set the source filter to "All", then we'll be also seeing the GMAT Prep Qs and if we set the source filter to some specific source such as Manhattan or Verbal, one would see only the Qs from that source. Now let's say that I did some Qs from Verbal OG, Official Guide and some other sources gradually over the last 8 months and I want to repeat them by doing the oldest ones from (Start from Qs done in Apr -> Then do the ones in May ->..Do the ones on Nov), it would by really hard to do using the error log since one would constantly require changing the source filter.

I know a proper solution might be hard for this specific issue and it's understandable if GC can't help much with this :) I believe adding the sources in Error Log view for each Qs (either a new column or under the topic for each Q) might partially help since one can Ctrl+F to search for "GMAT Prep" and avoid opening those Qs. Currently, the Error Log has enough space to accommodate more info. I don't see much of "Friends" in the error log view so changing the UI for error log could possibly make it more powerful.

Thanks!
Attachments

Error Log.png
Error Log.png [ 271.08 KiB | Viewed 1711 times ]

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [1]
Given Kudos: 211
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
@bb,I have a suggestion.
I am at a stage of preparation wherein,i would like to understand whether a question is 700 level or 750 +.
To be honest,I see that some question tagged to 700 are easier for a larger group of people on forum (going by the difficulty figure from timer stats) while the other are tougher questions of difficulty 75 % and higher.It would be a great feature addition if we could get the range of question level reduced to 50 for 700+ level question ,if not for below levels.
That way it helps to better gauge the error level and performance as well.

And thanks everyone for making the club what it is - a gmat prep heaven :) ;)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
AnkitOrYadav wrote:
@bb,I have a suggestion.
I am at a stage of preparation wherein,i would like to understand whether a question is 700 level or 750 +.
To be honest,I see that some question tagged to 700 are easier for a larger group of people on forum (going by the difficulty figure from timer stats) while the other are tougher questions of difficulty 75 % and higher.It would be a great feature addition if we could get the range of question level reduced to 50 for 700+ level question ,if not for below levels.
That way it helps to better gauge the error level and performance as well.

And thanks everyone for making the club what it is - a gmat prep heaven :) ;)

Merry Christmas. Thank you for the suggestion. I will consider it and discuss it with folks.
To clarify, are you suggesting for Tags to be added to have 650 and 750 categories added?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  44