GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Nov 2018, 10:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Mindful MBA

November 13, 2018

November 13, 2018

12:00 PM AST

01:00 PM AST

Join us Nov. 13, 12 PM ET for the Mindfulness Series, Fall 2018 - Energize. The final session of a three-part series.
  • 4 Steps to a 5 Star Recommendation

November 14, 2018

November 14, 2018

10:00 AM MST

11:00 AM MST

Nov. 14, 9 AM PST. Donna Bauman, Senior MBA Admissions Counselor and Lisa Cummings, MBA Admissions Counselor at Stratus have read tens of THOUSANDS of MBA recommendations during their time on top MBA admissions committees.

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 09:50
Oops. Thank you! I will fix it in a few hours when I am back near the computer.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 11:30
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 10:06
bb,

The color of the vertical scroll bar/down in the chat window matches with that of the background, hence its invisible.

While the chat window page loads for the first time, the scroll bar is visible, but once loaded the color changes to match with that of background color.

Please see the images for reference.

Thanks much
Akadiyan
Attachments

GC - Chat scroll bar after loading.jpg
GC - Chat scroll bar after loading.jpg [ 219.86 KiB | Viewed 596 times ]

GC - Chat scroll bar - While loading.jpg
GC - Chat scroll bar - While loading.jpg [ 235.13 KiB | Viewed 597 times ]

Please give kudos if it helps

Resources
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! ! | SC Blogs by Magoosh | How to improve your verbal score | Things i wish i could've done earlier | Ultimate Q51 Guide

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 14:13
Thank you. I think it was supposed to be pretty narrow and not very disrupting.

Posted from my mobile device

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 24 Sep 2018, 14:13
Hey bb

Suggestion for a feature: Ability to filter Qs by Difficulty Percent

It would be great if we could filter the Qs by difficulty percent. Currently, we can only use 3 tags (i.e. Sub-600, 600-700, 700) to select Qs. Hence, there could be a big jump from one difficulty level to the next because of the wide range of each difficulty level.

For example, if I choose 700 level tag, that would give me all Qs that have a difficulty percent of more than 55% (55%-95%). Suppose I just want to practice Qs between 55% to 75%, there is no way to do so. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So when I choose the 700 tag, I would see a couple of 95% level Qs that might have a very good ROI at that stage of prep when one just moving from a 600-700 level to 700 level. I do understand that extremely hard Qs tests our ability to guess and move on wisely if one can't solve a Qs but that might not be that helpful to someone who only wants to focus on doing Qs at a particular difficulty.

Another example, if I just want to practice the hardest M level Qs (i.e. 45% difficulty), then I would still be seeing all Qs from 25% to 45% difficulty level.

Currently, the timer for each Q already has the difficulty percent data so we could use that to implement a feature to filter Qs by difficulty percent, allowing everyone to focus on a narrower difficulty level and enabling them to move from one level to another in smaller steps.

Most Comprehensive Article on How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT (NEW)
Verb Tenses Simplified

If you found my post useful, KUDOS are much appreciated. Giving Kudos is a great way to thank and motivate contributors, without costing you anything.

Originally posted by dabaobao on 21 Aug 2018, 03:44.
Last edited by dabaobao on 24 Sep 2018, 14:13, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 06:11
Hi,

exactly what does it mean when this message gets posted below a question...

'This is not a quality discussion. It has been retired. '

is it because it is a question from a test prep company?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-erythrov ... 39055.html

If you find my post useful, please give me a kudos.

Thank you.
Regards,
ENEM

If you wish to spend wisely on your gmat prep material, check my post titled: How to Spend Money On GMAT Material Wisely, link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-buy-gmat-material-wisely-tag-free-gmat-resources-236174.html

Simple and handy template for CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-and-handy-template-for-cr-242255.html

simple template for more vs greater and fewer vs less: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-template-for-more-vs-greater-and-fewer-vs-less-242216.html

Math Expert
V

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2018, 06:15
ENEM wrote:
Hi,

exactly what does it mean when this message gets posted below a question...

'This is not a quality discussion. It has been retired. '

is it because it is a question from a test prep company?

https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-erythrov ... 39055.html

Yes, this question was archived due to the request from its owner. It happens some times.

New to the Math Forum?
Please read this: Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | All You Need for Quant | PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW: 12 Rules for Posting!!!

Resources:
GMAT Math Book | Triangles | Polygons | Coordinate Geometry | Factorials | Circles | Number Theory | Remainders; 8. Overlapping Sets | PDF of Math Book; 10. Remainders | GMAT Prep Software Analysis | SEVEN SAMURAI OF 2012 (BEST DISCUSSIONS) | Tricky questions from previous years.

Collection of Questions:
PS: 1. Tough and Tricky questions; 2. Hard questions; 3. Hard questions part 2; 4. Standard deviation; 5. Tough Problem Solving Questions With Solutions; 6. Probability and Combinations Questions With Solutions; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 12 Easy Pieces (or not?); 9 Bakers' Dozen; 10 Algebra set. ,11 Mixed Questions, 12 Fresh Meat

DS: 1. DS tough questions; 2. DS tough questions part 2; 3. DS tough questions part 3; 4. DS Standard deviation; 5. Inequalities; 6. 700+ GMAT Data Sufficiency Questions With Explanations; 7 Tough and tricky exponents and roots questions; 8 The Discreet Charm of the DS; 9 Devil's Dozen!!!; 10 Number Properties set., 11 New DS set.

What are GMAT Club Tests?
Extra-hard Quant Tests with Brilliant Analytics

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: test
Yawer: Yawer
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 200 Q33 V33
WE: Consulting (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2018, 14:24
dabaobao wrote:

Suggestion for a feature: Ability to filter Qs by Difficulty Percent

It would be great if we could filter the Qs by difficulty percent. Currently, we can only use 3 tags (i.e. Sub-600, 600-700, 700) to select Qs. Hence, there could be a big jump from one difficulty level to the next because of the wide range of each difficulty level.

For example, if I choose 700 level tag, that would give me all Qs that have a difficulty percent of more than 55% (55%-95%). Suppose I just want to practice Qs between 55% to 75%, there is no way to do so. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So when I choose the 700 tag, I would see a couple of 95% level Qs that might have a very good ROI at that stage of prep when one just moving from a 600-700 level to 700 level. I do understand that extremely hard Qs tests our ability to guess and move on wisely if one can't solve a Qs but that might not be that helpful to someone who only wants to focus on doing Qs at a particular difficulty.

Another example, if I just want to practice the hardest M level Qs (i.e. 45% difficulty), then I would still be seeing all Qs from 25% to 45% difficulty level.

Currently, the timer for each Q already has the difficulty percent data so we could use that to implement a feature to filter Qs by difficulty percent, allowing everyone to focus on a narrower difficulty level and enabling them to move from one level to another in smaller steps.

+1 I have been thinking of this feature as well. It will be very useful! There comes a time in one's preparation that merely doing the questions which 60%+ people have completed do not help.
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 14:11
Hey bb

Suggestion for a feature: Ability to sort Qs by Last Attempt Date

Ability to sort Qs by last attempt date would be really helpful for those people who want to re-do/review the Qs. For example, if one did all the Qs from the Verbal Review book and wants to attempt those Qs again, then this feature would be pretty handy since one could start doing the questions with the oldest last attempt date. Currently, if one wants to do so, one would need to open Qs one-by-one and then check their attempt date.

Most Comprehensive Article on How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT (NEW)
Verb Tenses Simplified

If you found my post useful, KUDOS are much appreciated. Giving Kudos is a great way to thank and motivate contributors, without costing you anything.

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 14:14
dabaobao wrote:

Ability to sort Qs by last attempt date would be really helpful for those people who want to re-do/review the Qs. For example, if one did all the Qs from the Verbal Review book and wants to attempt those Qs again, then this feature would be pretty handy since one could start doing the questions with the oldest last attempt date. Currently, if one wants to do so, one would need to open Qs one-by-one and then check their attempt date.

Thank you for the suggestion!
Yes, we are planning to add the date field to the Error Log.
Meanwhile as a work around you can filter the questions in the Error Log by source and then just navigate to the last page and work your way backwards - I believe they are sorted chronologically.

Thanks!
BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

Director
Director
V
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2018, 07:07
HI bb,

Just keep you posted that the Chat Windows becomes very small as soon as question is posted.

Can we have bit bigger to chat
Attachments

File comment: Chat Window
Chat.jpg
Chat.jpg [ 155.42 KiB | Viewed 202 times ]

आत्मनॊ मोक्षार्थम् जगद्धिताय च

Resource: GMATPrep RCs With Solution

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 10:05
Hey
Is there a way to permanently hide the "show/hide timer statistics" for questions?
Whenever I open a new window for attempting a question, my earlier choice is used as default.
It would be nice if the timer stats are always hidden and I have to manually check the stats if needed. A toggle option in the profile settings could also be an option.

Thanks
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2018, 11:29
dabaobao wrote:
Hey bb

Hi dabaobao. I forgot to follow up here. The date feature has been added to the error log a while ago (probably a few weeks or a month ago). I assume you have seen it.
BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here &nbs [#permalink] 02 Nov 2018, 11:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   [ 613 posts ] 

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap