Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:19 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:19
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [0]
Given Kudos: 20634
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
Kudos
bb wrote:
Hi. For your request/suggestion, we have made a change and I am curious what you think about it :-)

We have added an indicator to the questions you have attempted in the mobile view. While it is not a filter, it is an indicator. Can you try it and see what you think? Here is an example of how it will look (you will see a GREEN timer if you have already attempted the question and your last answer was correct; you will also see a RED timer if you have attempted the question and your last answer was incorrect. This would allow you to retake the questions that you have taken but gotten incorrect....

Let me know how this works for you and look forward to feedback,
BB.

Wow you guys work FAST :shocked
And I believe your implementation is better than my original idea actually!

This is AWESOME and it will save me so much time when I'm trying to do practice problems on the metro with shoddy connection. Now I know which one's I've done before so I can avoid clicking them.

I appreciate how open and communicative the GMAT club admin/community is :thumbup:
Thank you!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
tinklepoo wrote:
bb wrote:
Hi. For your request/suggestion, we have made a change and I am curious what you think about it :-)

We have added an indicator to the questions you have attempted in the mobile view. While it is not a filter, it is an indicator. Can you try it and see what you think? Here is an example of how it will look (you will see a GREEN timer if you have already attempted the question and your last answer was correct; you will also see a RED timer if you have attempted the question and your last answer was incorrect. This would allow you to retake the questions that you have taken but gotten incorrect....

Let me know how this works for you and look forward to feedback,
BB.

Wow you guys work FAST :shocked
And I believe your implementation is better than my original idea actually!

This is AWESOME and it will save me so much time when I'm trying to do practice problems on the metro with shoddy connection. Now I know which one's I've done before so I can avoid clicking them.

I appreciate how open and communicative the GMAT club admin/community is :thumbup:
Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words! Let me know if you change your opinion or have another idea.
P.S. The credit goes to the site admin chose to implement it with the timer icons instead of doing the tag (which apparently is pretty quick as well).

BB.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Schools: IIMA PGPX"20
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
I would like to start an official "Suggestions" and "Improvements" thread - ideas welcome :idea:

This site has been built by members like you and many of the features are a direct contribution by many of them. If there is a feature you feel is missing or not fully developed, post it here - we'll be happy to install/develop/research as long as it's feasible.

Suggestions Submitted:

New sub-forum for GMAT-MBA journey posts (terp26)
    Submitted on 3/3/09

Spell check for posts (leonidas)
    Submitted on 2/27/09

Split Verbal Forum into question type categories (nitya34 and technext)
    Submitted on 2/24/09

Split the Math Forum into DS and PS sub-categories

Thread updated on 4/3/09

why we dont hve choice to refine our searches in particular question bank. for ex: in sc part if i want to practice from quet from particular author i need to first search for it . it would have been easy if we have a side bar and we can select the particular author from there and then select it, after that page will show quest from that author only. as we have do it in online shopping sites where we have facility to refine our searches according to ur need.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?s ... &start=100
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
SUNILAA wrote:
bb wrote:
I would like to start an official "Suggestions" and "Improvements" thread - ideas welcome :idea:

This site has been built by members like you and many of the features are a direct contribution by many of them. If there is a feature you feel is missing or not fully developed, post it here - we'll be happy to install/develop/research as long as it's feasible.

Suggestions Submitted:

New sub-forum for GMAT-MBA journey posts (terp26)
    Submitted on 3/3/09

Spell check for posts (leonidas)
    Submitted on 2/27/09

Split Verbal Forum into question type categories (nitya34 and technext)
    Submitted on 2/24/09

Split the Math Forum into DS and PS sub-categories

Thread updated on 4/3/09

why we dont hve choice to refine our searches in particular question bank. for ex: in sc part if i want to practice from quet from particular author i need to first search for it . it would have been easy if we have a side bar and we can select the particular author from there and then select it, after that page will show quest from that author only. as we have do it in online shopping sites where we have facility to refine our searches according to ur need.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/search.php?s ... &start=100

To answer your question, the reason we do not have it is because that functionality was not built into the forum.
I guess the thinking was that people were more interested in the SOURCE rather than the Author.
I am curious whose posts do you want to find/search for?

However, I see you have sorted your list by the author, so kudos for figuring out how to manually navigate to it.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 676 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Kudos
bb

The timer under the post that says how many times the post has been viewed gets iterated every time the page is refreshed believe.

For example , i added my comments to a post and added a screenshot and initially the viewed field showed "Viewed 1 time" and with every page refresh the time counter got incremented.

There are chances that the actual post views coincided with my page refresh, but i just want to bring it up in case just in case the view counter works as i said.

I usually give priority to the posts that are most viewed and that's the reason i a bringing this up.

Regards
Akadiyan
Attachments

Viewed.JPG
Viewed.JPG [ 72.41 KiB | Viewed 1715 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi. Thanks for the post. Your screenshot is displaying a counter for an image attached to a post and that counter will add 1 for every time that image loads (and sounds like that attachment/image counter works correctly).

Let me know if any further questions or issues.

Thanks!
BB

akadiyan wrote:
bb

The timer under the post that says how many times the post has been viewed gets iterated every time the page is refreshed believe.

For example , i added my comments to a post and added a screenshot and initially the viewed field showed "Viewed 1 time" and with every page refresh the time counter got incremented.

There are chances that the actual post views coincided with my page refresh, but i just want to bring it up in case just in case the view counter works as i said.

I usually give priority to the posts that are most viewed and that's the reason i a bringing this up.

Regards
Akadiyan

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 676 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Hi. Thanks for the post. Your screenshot is displaying a counter for an image attached to a post and that counter will add 1 for every time that image loads (and sounds like that attachment/image counter works correctly).

Thanks!
BB

bb
Hah ok, the counter for the image views gets increased and not the views for the post. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks
Akadiyan
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Frankly, I have no idea how post counters work (views).
I looked it up. It actually works the same way - if you enter the topic 10 times, it will increase the topic view counter 10 times too. It counts raw views.... which that's how the system was designed a built. There are clearly issues and potential limitations but there is also simplicity which applies across the board. While someone may inflate a topic by viewing it 10 times, i doubt many do it.

akadiyan wrote:
bb wrote:

Thanks!
BB

bb
Hah ok, the counter for the image views gets increased and not the views for the post. Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks
Akadiyan
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 676 [0]
Send PM
bb
I completely agree with you about views field and its function. The current implementation indeed is simpler considering the bigger picture all over the site

I appreciate the time you put into actually look into the implementation in spite of your busy schedule :thumbup:

Thanks!
Akadiyan
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hey, actually I wanted to know the best place or platform where I can improve my Quant section,any leads or suggestions would be appreciated
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
vaiv123 wrote:
Hey, actually I wanted to know the best place or platform where I can improve my Quant section,any leads or suggestions would be appreciated

Welcome to GMAT Club,

You want to start here:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/ultimate-gma ... 44512.html
And this forum: https://gmatclub.com/forum/quantitative-7/

You can also consider Quant Books: https://gmatclub.com/forum/best-gmat-ma ... ml?fl=menu
And Quant Courses: https://gmatclub.com/marketplace/courses (on the left click a checkbox "quant only" - you will see Target Test Prep, Math Revolution, e-GMAT, and maybe a few others. You can then see their reviews and prices.

Thx.
BB.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 111
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I don’t know if this is a viable feedback or no. But just as a frequent gmatclub user of the app, I try to look up for the OG directory and don’t find it in any of the tabs given in the app.

I know we can filter OG in the practice section and I do but all I am looking for is a Master OG directory as a sub section in the practice tab. It would be lot more easier to just see the Master OGs as a section which I don’t see anywhere on the app. At times all we are looking for is the OG and not each questions.

No doubt that the OG Directory is available on the website, but on the app, I have to do a search for it.
Lemme know if this can be incorporated?

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thanks for the suggestion!
Let me think about it a bit. Obviously one challenge with mobile is space. Where would you put it? Any suggestions you have? Examples perhaps from other apps?

Thanks!
BB.

Shef08 wrote:
Hi,

I don’t know if this is a viable feedback or no. But just as a frequent gmatclub user of the app, I try to look up for the OG directory and don’t find it in any of the tabs given in the app.

I know we can filter OG in the practice section and I do but all I am looking for is a Master OG directory as a sub section in the practice tab. It would be lot more easier to just see the Master OGs as a section which I don’t see anywhere on the app. At times all we are looking for is the OG and not each questions.

No doubt that the OG Directory is available on the website, but on the app, I have to do a search for it.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 111
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion!
Let me think about it a bit. Obviously one challenge with mobile is space. Where would you put it? Any suggestions you have? Examples perhaps from other apps?

Thanks!
BB.

Shef08 wrote:
Hi,

Hey thanks for understanding what exactly is the matter about. I do understand and acknowledge that space is a challenge but Can it just be put as a section in GMAT or may be Practice? I remember seeing it on the website but not on the app. So am wondering myself, how do we go about this one..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Love the club!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shef08 wrote:

Hey thanks for understanding what exactly is the matter about. I do understand and acknowledge that space is a challenge but Can it just be put as a section in GMAT or may be Practice? I remember seeing it on the website but not on the app. So am wondering myself, how do we go about this one..

Thank you! I have an idea actually - I am thinking we put the Navigation Menu into a post and link to it from the mobile app somehow. I am still figuring the exact idea but welcome any other ideas.
Thx.
BB.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 174 [0]
Given Kudos: 320
Send PM
hello

I was trying to get the list of questions by difficulty, topic and source. so i tried to search with tags. I select the difficulty level, topic, and multiple sources. the search results returned consists of questions only common to the sources selected. however, i was looking for combined list of questions from individual sources for that topic and difficulty, and not just common set of questions. is it possible to do that. np, if its not possible to!

thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35  ...  44