GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jun 2019, 21:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.2
Premium Member
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2018, 23:27
bb wrote:

Merry Christmas. Thank you for the suggestion. I will consider it and discuss it with folks.
To clarify, are you suggesting for Tags to be added to have 650 and 750 categories added?

Wishes for festive season to you too. You got it right,that's exactly what i am suggesting.

If the post was useful,please send the kudos
VP
VP
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 08:28
Thank you for giving us this post to share our suggestions.

I dont know if this is faced by many people/ or can help many people, Nevertheless, would like to share this.

The issue, which i face while solving a question from Latest Active Discussions is that,i have to check the Tags to know if the question is from GMATPrep or not.

In the current table, columns which are populated on the home screen are
Topics(this gives the name of the Topic-like CR/SC and so on), Expert Reply and Posts

I dont know if its feasible to include the source in the Topics column or not, If it possible, it will be a good addition.

Thank you for reading this.

Have a great day/evening.

Quote which i can relate to.
Many of life's failures happen with people who do not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE: General Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 10:23
Hello,

I have been using the Decision Tracker page for some weeks and the almost identical colors of some status (e.g., Withdrawn Application x Application Submitted) makes me confused.

Please, is it possible to change some of these colors? Is there any technical issue preventing from doing so?

Best,
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2019, 12:29
rcaraujo20 wrote:
Hello,

I have been using the Decision Tracker page for some weeks and the almost identical colors of some status (e.g., Withdrawn Application x Application Submitted) makes me confused.

Please, is it possible to change some of these colors? Is there any technical issue preventing from doing so?

Best,

Thank you rcaraujo20

We will revisit the colors used and make them distinguishable. I will provide an update on this here.
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.79
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 05:27
provide a filter for review given. Currently one cannot see negative review if any in any course.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2019, 05:33
bb wrote:
AnkitOrYadav wrote:
@bb,I have a suggestion.
I am at a stage of preparation wherein,i would like to understand whether a question is 700 level or 750 +.
To be honest,I see that some question tagged to 700 are easier for a larger group of people on forum (going by the difficulty figure from timer stats) while the other are tougher questions of difficulty 75 % and higher.It would be a great feature addition if we could get the range of question level reduced to 50 for 700+ level question ,if not for below levels.
That way it helps to better gauge the error level and performance as well.

And thanks everyone for making the club what it is - a gmat prep heaven :) ;)

Merry Christmas. Thank you for the suggestion. I will consider it and discuss it with folks.
To clarify, are you suggesting for Tags to be added to have 650 and 750 categories added?

Having a tag to differentiate between 700 and 750 would definitely be a big help. I had requested for something similar in this post: https://gmatclub.com/forum/have-a-sugge ... l#p2116349

dabaobao wrote:
Hey bb

Suggestion for a feature: Ability to filter Qs by Difficulty Percent

It would be great if we could filter the Qs by difficulty percent. Currently, we can only use 3 tags (i.e. Sub-600, 600-700, 700) to select Qs. Hence, there could be a big jump from one difficulty level to the next because of the wide range of each difficulty level.

For example, if I choose 700 level tag, that would give me all Qs that have a difficulty percent of more than 55% (55%-95%). Suppose I just want to practice Qs between 55% to 75%, there is no way to do so. Please correct me if I'm wrong. So when I choose the 700 tag, I would see a couple of 95% level Qs that might not have a very good ROI at that stage of prep when one just moving from a 600-700 level to 700 level. I do understand that extremely hard Qs tests our ability to guess and move on wisely if one can't solve a Qs but that might not be that helpful to someone who only wants to focus on doing Qs at a particular difficulty.

Another example, if I just want to practice the hardest M level Qs (i.e. 45% difficulty), then I would still be seeing all Qs from 25% to 45% difficulty level.

Currently, the timer for each Q already has the difficulty percent data so we could use that to implement a feature to filter Qs by difficulty percent, allowing everyone to focus on a narrower difficulty level and enabling them to move from one level to another in smaller steps.

Most Comprehensive Article on How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT (NEW)
Verb Tenses Simplified

If you found my post useful,

KUDOS

are much appreciated. Giving Kudos is a great way to thank and motivate contributors, without costing you anything.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 21:09
Thank you for the suggestion. We are working to add the “in-between”difficulty tags.

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 21:38

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 21:42
01701jubayed wrote:

No, I am pretty sure the meaning of life and universe and everything is 42....

New! OG2020 Directory !
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Senior RC Moderator
V
GPA: 3.39

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 21:47
I think a split of 50 would be too precise a split of 100 will be more meaningful i.e 400 level, 500 level, 600 level and 700 level.
Best of Luck on the GMAT!!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2019, 21:58
workout wrote:

Thank you rcaraujo20

We will revisit the colors used and make them distinguishable. I will provide an update on this here.

rcaraujo20

Forgot to update here but we have modified the color scheme a few days ago. The "Application submitted" status is represented with a different color as shown in the following screenshot.

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 10.27.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 10.27.11 AM.png [ 36.35 KiB | Viewed 435 times ]

B
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 05:46
Hey,

I guess there's some error with the decision tracker - at least for HEC Jan 20 intake - as we update status and it does not show. On the Jan20 discussion other 2 members commented the same.
Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
D
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 04:11
bb wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion. We are working to add the “in-between”difficulty tags.

bb

Apologies for bothering you again regarding this request.

750 tag would especially be really helpful as requested in my previous post mentioning reasons for it: https://gmatclub.com/forum/have-a-sugge ... l#p2210637.

I was wondering whether this request would be done anytime soon. I believe it can be done easily by automation: use timer difficulty data and add tag accordingly.

This feature would really help me boost my quant score since I need to practice more 700-750 level Qs, and once again, I would owe my score to GMATClub and everyone who's working hard to make it THE best forum for GMAT :)

Thanks!

Most Comprehensive Article on How to Score a 700+ on the GMAT (NEW)
Verb Tenses Simplified

If you found my post useful,

KUDOS

are much appreciated. Giving Kudos is a great way to thank and motivate contributors, without costing you anything.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.24

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2019, 21:04
Hi,

I am facing a major glitch, I don't know if is just me or my novice approach. But my error log is not immediately updated with the questions. Plus the time zone I am in CST but my practice questions are recorded as per PST which makes me unable to track my daily questions attempted. It would be great if there is something like the number of daily questions attempted in line with the time zone of the member.

Also, I have faced it that the questions are not marked answered for my case (probably because I use gmatclub on the mobile web browser as well as desktop) but this is bothersome. Again, a brief suggestion on the user's weak area would add light to the error log. This comes handy if there is a daily recording of the same..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 03:01
Thanks to Nitya34 on the possibility of spliting the verbal section into three parts SC,CR,RC
B
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.24

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 19:04
Hi bb,

I need urgent help, can you please check up and tell me why I don't get points on attempting the gmat club timer questions also, my error log is not recording all the attempts. This is serious and bothering.

Shef
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2019, 20:15
Shef08 wrote:
Hi bb,

I need urgent help, can you please check up and tell me why I don't get points on attempting the gmat club timer questions also, my error log is not recording all the attempts. This is serious and bothering.

Shef

I get one of these once a month and every time it turned out a user error. There is no issues with the system.

New! OG2020 Directory !

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 06:18
I am not sure if this is a repeat suggestion, but I didn't see it in the last 7 pages of the thread so I’ll ask anyways.

I’d like to see a tag in order to filter out problems I’ve attempted.

This would make it much easier to use the mobile app without needlessly reloading.

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 21:48
tinklepoo wrote:
I am not sure if this is a repeat suggestion, but I didn't see it in the last 7 pages of the thread so I’ll ask anyways.

This would make it much easier to use the mobile app without needlessly reloading.

Thank you for the suggestion. You are saying you want to be able to filter out questions in which you have already attempted the timer?
Is that while using the "Practice" feature in the Mobile App?

New! OG2020 Directory !

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
WE: Sales (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2019, 17:20
bb wrote:
tinklepoo wrote:

Thank you for the suggestion. You are saying you want to be able to filter out questions in which you have already attempted the timer?
Is that while using the "Practice" feature in the Mobile App?

Yes like these tags pictured. Right now, if you select the "Unanswered" link, it shows ALL unanswered posts which include some threads which are not practice problems.

Attachment:
GmatClub Suggestion.png
GmatClub Suggestion.png [ 311.32 KiB | Viewed 97 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Mobile App View
GmatClubSuggestionMobileApp.png
GmatClubSuggestionMobileApp.png [ 208.49 KiB | Viewed 96 times ]
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here   [#permalink] 02 May 2019, 17:20

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33    Next  [ 657 posts ] 

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna