GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 15:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2018, 22:06
Crazy question - why don't you use a button at the bottom of that post by GMATNinja that says "mark as best reply"? :cool:

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2018, 23:09
NandishSS wrote:

HI bb,

It was not appearing for few posts so wanted to know.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/qotd-while-i ... 60048.html

Is it possible to bring the Experts reply just below the question?

Hey NandishSS ,

Our Helpful Replies feature is already Iive. If you feel the reply is "The Best", just hit kudos. It will be automatically be moved up if it meets the minimum kudos requirements.

I hope that helps. :)

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 04:48
Dear bb,

My suggestion is to add a sub tag to all OG questions so that we know which OG the particular question is from...
I mean I can volunteer to add the subtags for one OG on a weekly basis...using GMATClub guide..but I need access for that I believe...it's only a suggestion...

If you find my post useful, please give me a kudos.

Thank you.
Regards,
ENEM

If you wish to spend wisely on your gmat prep material, check my post titled: How to Spend Money On GMAT Material Wisely, link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-buy-gmat-material-wisely-tag-free-gmat-resources-236174.html

Simple and handy template for CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-and-handy-template-for-cr-242255.html

simple template for more vs greater and fewer vs less: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-template-for-more-vs-greater-and-fewer-vs-less-242216.html

Founder
Founder
V
Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 19:25
ENEM wrote:
Dear bb,

My suggestion is to add a sub tag to all OG questions so that we know which OG the particular question is from...
I mean I can volunteer to add the subtags for one OG on a weekly basis...using GMATClub guide..but I need access for that I believe...it's only a suggestion...

Thank you for the suggestion. We are actively considering it and I have been actually discussing it with Bunuel this morning. (I somewhat convinced sold on it ;-)... that's as close as it ever gets) However, GMATNinja also had a similar but different idea and I need to pick his brain before fully committing to this fully. However, I am looking for some help producing the OG Guide for the verbal if you are available for 1-2 hours this week - https://gmatclub.com/forum/guide-to-the ... l#p2104147

Founder of GMAT Club

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 23:02
bb

yes I can help with that. :-)

If you find my post useful, please give me a kudos.

Thank you.
Regards,
ENEM

If you wish to spend wisely on your gmat prep material, check my post titled: How to Spend Money On GMAT Material Wisely, link: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-buy-gmat-material-wisely-tag-free-gmat-resources-236174.html

Simple and handy template for CR: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-and-handy-template-for-cr-242255.html

simple template for more vs greater and fewer vs less: https://gmatclub.com/forum/simple-template-for-more-vs-greater-and-fewer-vs-less-242216.html

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 09:34
Hi,

I'm new here. So I don't know if I'm missing something but when I go to some forum and I have to practice questions from there, I would want to open a question and then have the 'next' button there to navigate to a new question instead of going to the forum page again and opening a new question in another tab every time. I know a lot of my fellows would prefer selecting specific questions and working on them but I'd like an easy Next button near the timer somewhere to easily move to another question once I'm done.

Thank you!
RC Moderator
P
Concentration: Nonprofit
Schools: Haas '21
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 09:41
shaanaa22 wrote:
Hi,

I'm new here. So I don't know if I'm missing something but when I go to some forum and I have to practice questions from there, I would want to open a question and then have the 'next' button there to navigate to a new question instead of going to the forum page again and opening a new question in another tab every time. I know a lot of my fellows would prefer selecting specific questions and working on them but I'd like an easy Next button near the timer somewhere to easily move to another question once I'm done.

Thank you!

Hello shaanaa22

Did you checkout GMATClub Tests ? You can try them at the following link. Also the interface for these tests very much resembles the real GMAT test.

https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/?fl=menu

If you like my post press kudos +1

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Tag me in RC questions if you need help. Please provide your analysis of the question in the post along with the tag.

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 09:46
Hello workout,

Thank you for your response. I have the gmat club tests subscription, it is great! But I guess I'm still not at that level to dive into tests, so wanted to practice Forum Questions. :)

Cheers!
RC Moderator
P
Concentration: Nonprofit
Schools: Haas '21
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 09:53
shaanaa22 wrote:
Hello workout,

Thank you for your response. I have the gmat club tests subscription, it is great! But I guess I'm still not at that level to dive into tests, so wanted to practice Forum Questions. :)

Cheers!

Well, the cool thing with the tests is you can create quizzes, which you can customize depending on your current ability level like all Sentence correction 500-level questions etc etc. Just go to the quizzes tab and you should be able to customize.

I guess you are in initial stages of your preparation, in that case I would advise you to use quizzes to try some basic level questions. If you want to try the newest questions on the forum anyway, you can use the question directory https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-ps-ques ... 27957.html

You can always try the latest questions from the forum.

If you like my post press kudos +1

New - RC Butler - 2 RC's everyday

Tag me in RC questions if you need help. Please provide your analysis of the question in the post along with the tag.

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 10:04
This is regarding the "Most Helpful Expert Reply" & "Most Helpful Community Reply". More often than not it happens that the both the replies are actually a reply to some user's specific query. Such replies get picked up out of the thread and posted on top.

My suggestion here is that both the kind of replies should not be picked out the thread, instead a copy be created and posted on top of thread. This way the thread will always remain intact.

And, if there there is any confusion regarding the same a seperate tag- "Most Helpful Expert Reply" & "Most Helpful Community Reply" could be put besides the " Bookmark this post" button.

-- --
R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 10:06
GmatDaddy wrote:
This is regarding the "Most Helpful Expert Reply" & "Most Helpful Community Reply". More often than not it happens that the both the replies are actually a reply to some user's specific query. Such replies get picked up out of the thread and posted on top.

My suggestion here is that both the kind of replies should not be picked out the thread, instead a copy be created and posted on top of thread. This way the thread will always remain intact.

And, if there there is any confusion regarding the same a seperate tag- "Most Helpful Expert Reply" & "Most Helpful Community Reply" could be put besides the " Bookmark this post" button.

Hi. Thank you for the suggestion. Can you give me an example of where the thread is not intact? Thank you!

Founder of GMAT Club

Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 10:07
shaanaa22 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you!

Thank you for the suggestion. What would you define as the "next" question?

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 10:15
bb wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:

Hi. Thank you for the suggestion. Can you give me an example of where the thread is not intact? Thank you!

Hello bb

I have come across many such questions.
This is the most recent example: https://gmatclub.com/forum/in-april-1997-hillary-rodham-clinton-hosted-an-all-day-white-house-140878.html#p457460
"Most Helpful Expert Reply" is out of order in the thread and if you will go through the thread, you'll see that the user has again posted a query in reply to the post("Most Helpful Expert Reply") which is present in the thread. This at times creates unnecessary confusion !

-- --
R.
If my post was of any help to you, You can thank me in the form of Kudos!!

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 10:41
Hi bb,

Thank you for responding. Any random question from the forum which I could practice would be my 'Next' question. I don't want a fancy algorithm to select it for me based on complex parameters, I just want a new question to practice with easy navigation.

Hope you understood :)

Regards,
shaanaa22
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 11:22
GmatDaddy wrote:
bb wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:

Hello bb

This is the most recent example: https://gmatclub.com/forum/in-april-1997-hillary-rodham-clinton-hosted-an-all-day-white-house-140878.html#p457460
"Most Helpful Expert Reply" is out of order in the thread and if you will go through the thread, you'll see that the user has again posted a query in reply to the post("Most Helpful Expert Reply") which is present in the thread. This at times creates unnecessary confusion !

I would tag abhimahna since this is his project and he is making the decision on the placement/duplication of the posts.
Thx.

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Technology, Nonprofit
WE: Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 01:33
When trying out forum questions, we see the difficulty bar. I think that's a distraction and detracts away from how one would approach a problem. For example, if the problem says 75% difficult, one would be more careful and try not to rush through the problem.

I think the difficulty level should be hidden, and upon clicking a certain button or completing timer and answering, the details are shown.

Those are my $0.02
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 03:44
sandman13 wrote:
When trying out forum questions, we see the difficulty bar. I think that's a distraction and detracts away from how one would approach a problem. For example, if the problem says 75% difficult, one would be more careful and try not to rush through the problem.

I think the difficulty level should be hidden, and upon clicking a certain button or completing timer and answering, the details are shown.

Those are my $0.02

Hi sandman13

I think you have legitimate concern that I thought of long time. When I see the tag, especially from Buneul, I always expect a curve ball in the question based on his rating. I agree with you.

bb

I think it is worth monitoring.
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2018, 03:51
GmatDaddy wrote:
bb wrote:
GmatDaddy wrote:

Hello bb

abhimahna

This is another strong vote for this confusion. Although I appreciate your intent, moving a reply from its sequence creates strain an burden to the viewer. It is get complicated in 3 -pages post. I demands follow the post through pages to know what the post was and why the poster or instructor replied with this answer. You can apply the same idea but leave the post in its place. In same time, You want to make fancy tag for 'best reply' to be noticeable.

Thanks for your effort. :thumbup:
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2018, 14:38
Hey GmatDaddy and Mo2men ,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will see what can be done to get this resolved.

Mo2men wrote:
sandman13 wrote:

Those are my $0.02

Hi sandman13

I think you have legitimate concern that I thought of long time. When I see the tag, especially from Buneul, I always expect a curve ball in the question based on his rating. I agree with you.

bb

I think it is worth monitoring.

Hey Mo2men and sandman13 ,

You can always hide the bar before attempting any question. Once you hide the bar for one question, our system keeps the same hidden for whichever question you open next. Same is true for our Tags system.

So, hide them once and enjoy studying! :-)

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub | Importance of an Error Log!
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.

New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 10:48
bb

The "Premium MBA Bundle" link on top menu points to incorrect page "Should i retake GMAT".

I clicked on "Premium MBA Bundle" link on the top menu under "GMAT" option.

I have attached the screenshot for reference.
Attachments

GMATClub.jpg
GMATClub.jpg [ 225.55 KiB | Viewed 49 times ]

Please give kudos if it helps

Resources
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! ! | SC Blogs by Magoosh | How to improve your verbal score | Things i wish i could've done earlier | Ultimate Q51 Guide

Re: Have a Suggestion? Post It Here &nbs [#permalink] 12 Aug 2018, 10:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31    Next  [ 604 posts ] 

Have a Suggestion? Post It Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: abhimahna

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap