Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 00:24 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Oxford
 Q44  V49
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
 Q44  V49
Send PM
Re: Have school visit ... please advice [#permalink]
i also have a looooow gpa...so, if you're okay on that front, you might have a good shot. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Here is my profile ..... tell me what do you think.
Be honest and tell me how much do i need to score to get into school of my choices ... i can take critic very sportively so you can be all honest.

GMAT Score
-------------
Lets say i have scored 720 buy rubbing my nose into those books and test.
Will be able to get that score.

RECOMMENDATIONS
-------------------
Solid Recommendations from work

QUALIFICATIONS
------------------------
1. Graduation : in electronics - Second Class
2. Master degree in Computer Application, a 3 Year professional Post graduation - 1st Class
3. Post graduate diploma in Computer application, a professional course did along with
Degree - 94%
4. OCP (Oracle Certified Professional web developer) certification from Oracle - 95%
5. OCA (Oracle Certified Associate database administrator) certification from Oracle - 90%
6. Course in advance java.

Work Experience
-----------------------
No. of years : 5.5
Industry/Industries : IT
Current role/position : Module Leader
Employer : Mastek (March-2005 till date)
Client : Lex Vehicle Leasing

- Worked for 2.5 years in India and 3.0 years in UK.
- Working for Biggest vehicle leasing company in UK on behalf of my employer (An Indian MNC) Our
Software made them the no one company in UK.

CAREER PROGRESSION
------------------- -----------
In span of 5.5 years played the below role and was comended in each one of them.

Trainee -> Programmer -> Senior Programmer -> Business change Owner -> Solution Architect-> Onsite coordinator -> Lead Functional Expert -> Module leader.

- Played roles in team work and grew very fast from trainee to a business change owner. Wrote some of the most
complex buisness programs that automated the system with zero defect injection.

- As a busines change owner lead team of 2-4 senior developers to build the software desined, reviewed the work
and provided guidance to resources.

- Delivered quality of work better than the Six sigma standard defined for the project. Delivered them all the time
and in less time than expected.

- As a solution architect developed critical business changes with exceptionally time limint and still working as a
business change owner.

- Send to on-site to to take on-site coordinator responsibility very early in career and rose very fast from that role
to current role of module leader. Managed client and business changes. It is a very reponsible job and bridge
between team at offhore and onsite.

- Currently play Lead futnional Expert and Module lead role. Work involves very strong analytical skills,
communication skills and handling critical business issue on urgency basis.This demands multi tasking at critical
level to handle issues worth millions of pounds for business.

- Always rated high/Highest in annual appraisal.

- Responsible for grooming training and leading resources. At time guiding and managing resources who were senior
to me.

Awards/Appreciations
------------------------------------
1.Attitude award
2.Raise a toast award for successful migration of HSBC business into our software.
3.Top 20 employee of the year award.
4.Two client nominations, one for successful business change implementation in critical times and and other for
single handedly supporting the entire phase of migration for HBOS and appreciation for communication skills and
business/professional attitude.
5. My work and name used as example of world class service in the corporate conference.

Extracurricular/Personal
---------------------------------------------

Financing a girl child in India for her education and higly promoting the same.

Enjoy Reading, Movies, Intellectual discussions, cooking, Yoga Addict, gym and love to learn interesting facts.
Trekking and camping (Have trekked with special force commandos in India) and para diving.
Have great interest and knowledge about Indian culture and mythology.

Have a good sense of humour and Gel well with people.
Father was in Indian Navy so got transferred to places every 2-3 years. This gave me opportunity to meet and learn a lot about kinds of people and culture and gave me lot of soft skills.

Saw Iran Iraq war when I was a 5 years old during father's transfer to Iranian embassy. Having seen navy life for most of my life makes me very discipline, adventurous and a never give up attitude and very adaptive.

An open-minded individual with a flexible approach to work, which enables accommodation of change. Able to work well with a group or on own initiative. Willing to take any responsibilities and ability to pick up new ideas and concepts quickly. Enjoys learning new skills and methods of working. Takes pride in producing excellent work and can accept constructive criticism. Organised and can work under pressure in a busy environment.

I am looking for Top 10 MBA schools in UK (Cranfeild, Manchester business school, London Business School ....) ... ISB..
Current Student
 Q44  V49
Send PM
hey...i think your profile looks very solid across the board and should have no problem with the top UK schools. only thing would be that your projected gmat score of 720 might not be as high as some other indian, male, IT background applicants. but i think your overall application will make up for it and set you apart from the rest of the pack. the key for you would be to get excellent references, since you'll have everything else within your control wrapped up. there's a big difference between a good reference and a great one. in a great reference, you'll have a supervisor fighting for you and really pulling for you. for instance, if someone says you're a great team player at work, that's obv a good compliment in your references. however, if they said you're the best or at least one of the best team members they've ever had in their 30 years in the business, then all of a sudden, you're looking great and not just good.

anyways, i think your profile is very strong overall and you'll be fine applying to your choice of schools. good luck bud!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Dr,

Thanks alot, you really helped me boost my moral... thanks.
I am trying but the Verbal is the issue but i am planning my exam in May so guess i will get a good score.

What to do after GMAT, should i take help of some admission consultant to help me with my essay and appllication
Please advice 'What after GMAT' ?? guess that is as imp as GMAT itself.
GMAT Club Bot