(5.0) 6 reviews
FINAL DECISION
SORT BY
Most helpful
SORT BY Interview date
Recent interviewed
SORT BY Post date
Recent posted
Debrief posted on  Oct 20 2019 [#permalink] HEC Paris, September Intake Class of
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Oct 12 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"nterview 1 : Recent ex alum working at Amazon. I started off with my presentation. After that she asked a few questions on the presentation and gave me a little feedback on the length and my slide content. After that there were questions on Why HEC (lots of counter questions here on why not other schools), post MBA career choice and how I will achieve it. The interviewer grilled me on my experiences working internationally. After that I asked a few questions. Mostly the interview was very conversational. The second interview was pretty much the same. The only difference was the interviewer was really interested in how I would finance the MBA, where I wanted to work afterwards and what salary I was expecting."

arhitsharma241192 from Singapore WE: 52 months; Commercial Banking
0 out of 0 people found this Debrief helpful.

Was this Debrief helpful for you?

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Oct 26 2019 [#permalink] HEC Paris, September Intake Class of
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Oct 06 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"Interviewed on a Sunday morning with an alumnus from the class of 2017. She was in consulting pre-MBA, and is now in finance. She was located in the US both before and after her MBA. She told me a little about herself, and then asked the usual questions such as: Why an MBA now? Why HEC? In particular, she seemed impressed that I managed to confidently answer her question about why I was choosing HEC over INSEAD. She commented that I seemed to have done my research well. I then presented my presentation. As my target post-MBA industry was consulting, and having been a consultant herself, she commented that my slides needed to be more comprehensive (as slides are very important in consulting). I took this as a slightly negative sign, but the rest of the interview went fine otherwise. She proceeded to tell me about the campus life as well, and was happy to answer any questions I had. She was quite a reserved person so I couldn't tell how well it had gone overall but since I have been admitted, I assume it went well!"

This user wants to stay Private

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Sep 07 2019 [#permalink] HEC Paris, September Intake Class of
Off Campus with Alumni Interviewed on: Sep 04 2019 Final Decision: Admitted

"HEC MBA I had the first interview this week with a 2014 Alumni who is now an MBA teacher in Argentina. He invited me to his office He was super friendly with me and the interview seemed more like a regular chat with alumni, as many others I had when researching the school. First, he asked me to give an overview of my career path. (I am an international relations grad who wanted to be a diplomat, failed, and shifted career into consulting and later tech) Then, I did my presentation (I brought my PC). I talked about the experience I had when director of AIESEC ( an NGO). He just listened during the whole presentation and in the end, asked about my contribution there and the reasons why. Finally, he asked basic interview questions: why MBA, which other schools, why HEC, 3 strengths and weakness, main achievement and contributions to the class. Good point: He commented on my answers, mentioning how my profile fits with the school. (He even give me tips on where to live in the second year) Bad point: Given that he asked my strengths in the context of a classroom, I talked about contributions to the class. Later, when he asked me this specific question, I was out of things to say."

This user wants to stay Private from Argentina GMAT 760; WE: 48 months; Internet and New Media

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 24 2018 [#permalink] HEC Paris, HEC MiM
Skype Interviewed on: Nov 22 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"The interview was scheduled for half an hour, whereas my interview lasted for 15 minutes. Partly because my slot was the final slot of the day before a long Thanksgiving holiday there. Was not expecting the admit since I was sure 15 minutes aren't enough. But in those 15 minutes, they asked 6-7 questions. Based on the profile, why mim, why France, priority over other schools etc."

ArunSharma28 from India GMAT 710;

yes
no
Debrief posted on  Dec 12 2018 [#permalink] HEC Paris
Skype Interviewed on: Sep 15 2018 Final Decision: Admitted

"I had two Alumni interviews. Both on Skype. Usually, HEC keeps one in-person but I believe my 11 plus years work-ex made it a little difficult to find the right interviewer. HEC requires you to present a 10-minute presentation and then the normal interview happens. My 10 minute presentation was from my field of work, more from the business perspective. Both my interviewers liked my presentation. Since Presentation is usually the first step, it acts as an ice breaker. The interesting the presentation is, the easier the interview gets. We spent around 20 minutes discussing the presentation. The discussion was really good and I had to be thorough with the topics in the presentation to answer those. Other interview questions : 1. Why HEC? 2. Why MBA and why now? 3. Question related to the extra curricular activities. 4. Best essay topic within the HEC application. 5. Short term and long term goals. 6. Questions from my stay in the US. 7. Anything I wanted to know. Interviewers at HEC spends the time to understand the real you and then recommends your fit in the program. HEC has rolling admissions and the results are out usually 1-2 weeks post interview."

VPGMAT from India GMAT 700;

yes
no