Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:12 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10017 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Hi People,

Need a help -

I received 139 in mock 1
IR - 8 VR- 9 Q - 2

Got 141 in Mock 2

IR - 7 VR - 8 and Q -6

Using GMAT official Guide and some prep videos online. Have purchased Mock set from EA Prep Bundle.

Can you please guide me need a score 153 planning to take it in next 2 weeks? Is it possible?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Viyer wrote:
Hi People,

Need a help -

I received 139 in mock 1
IR - 8 VR- 9 Q - 2

Got 141 in Mock 2

IR - 7 VR - 8 and Q -6

Using GMAT official Guide and some prep videos online. Have purchased Mock set from EA Prep Bundle.

Can you please guide me need a score 153 planning to take it in next 2 weeks? Is it possible?

I'm not an expert on these exams, but I think to achieve such a jump practice will be key, and that takes time. If I were in your shoes I would first try to push back my test date as far back as I can to get at least 4 weeks of study. Some schools allow for test scores to be submitted after the application deadline.  If you have no choice, learn any quant basics that you need to learn, do as many practice questions as you can, and read up on strategy.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72905 [1]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
REGuy2024 wrote:
Viyer wrote:
Hi People,

Need a help -

I received 139 in mock 1
IR - 8 VR- 9 Q - 2

Got 141 in Mock 2

IR - 7 VR - 8 and Q -6

I'm not an expert on these exams, but I think to achieve such a jump practice will be key, and that takes time. If I were in your shoes I would first try to push back my test date as far back as I can to get at least 4 weeks of study. Some schools allow for test scores to be submitted after the application deadline.  If you have no choice, learn any quant basics that you need to learn, do as many practice questions as you can, and read up on strategy.

I agree. You are some ways away from your target score

I would say that the official tests are helpful in determining your score but taking tests is not going to improve your score… and you want to figure out what specifically is pulling your score down. Sometime it’s knowledge of the material and sometimes it’s poor time management.

If it is knowledge of the material, should be pretty straightforward to fix. Just get a Kaplan math workbook for quant or Manhattan guides for basically everything.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all, adding my experience here.

I prepared for the EA for around 10 hours a week over the past four weeks using the official GMAC EA Practice Exams and Practice Questions. My background is heavy in data analysis and quant, so I mostly focused on the Verbal side of the equation.

From the four practice tests, I got the following overall scores:
Practice #1 - 171
Practice #2 - 160
Practice #3 - 163
Practice #4 - 164

I consistently scored high on IR and Quant, with my weakest questions by far being the verbal grammar questions.

­Just took the EA today in person on March 20, 2024.  Somehow I scored 174 on the actual exam with 18s across the board! Absolutely shocked.

I found the IR and Verbal sections for the actual exam significantly easier than the practice exams, to the point where I was questioning if I was getting tricked. I finished both sections with >10 minutes left. The Verbal grammar questions in particular were an order of magnitude easier compared to the practices, with almost every question focusing on the same grammatical concepts.

The only part I found more difficult was the quantitative side -- I got tripped up on a couple questions and got squeezed for time at the end. Managed to finish the last question with only 5 seconds to spare. I would really recommend using the official practice materials -- I felt like I had seen almost every question before for IQ and Quant (just with different numbers!) so there were no surprises. 
Intern
Intern
Send PM
TacoDog671 wrote:

I prepared for the EA for around 10 hours a week over the past four weeks using the official GMAC EA Practice Exams and Practice Questions. My background is heavy in data analysis and quant, so I mostly focused on the Verbal side of the equation.

Practice #1 - 171
Practice #2 - 160
Practice #3 - 163
Practice #4 - 164

I consistently scored high on IR and Quant, with my weakest questions by far being the verbal grammar questions.

­Just took the EA today in person on March 20, 2024.  Somehow I scored 174 on the actual exam with 18s across the board! Absolutely shocked.

I found the IR and Verbal sections for the actual exam significantly easier than the practice exams, to the point where I was questioning if I was getting tricked. I finished both sections with >10 minutes left. The Verbal grammar questions in particular were an order of magnitude easier compared to the practices, with almost every question focusing on the same grammatical concepts.

The only part I found more difficult was the quantitative side -- I got tripped up on a couple questions and got squeezed for time at the end. Managed to finish the last question with only 5 seconds to spare. I would really recommend using the official practice materials -- I felt like I had seen almost every question before for IQ and Quant (just with different numbers!) so there were no surprises. 

­Incredible, congrats on an excellent score! Which programs are you targeting? I assume this would make you very competitive.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
REGuy2024 wrote:
TacoDog671 wrote:

Practice #1 - 171
Practice #2 - 160
Practice #3 - 163
Practice #4 - 164

­Incredible, congrats on an excellent score! Which programs are you targeting? I assume this would make you very competitive.

Thank you! I'm based in the Netherlands so I'm considering the following four programs:
- LBS EMBA
- INSEAD GEMBA
- Chicago Booth EMBA (London)
- Kellogg-WHU EMBA

I feel a lot better about these now with the score, so hoping one of them comes through.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi People, Thanks for the clarity earlier.

Also just wanted a clarity scoring 575/805 in GMAT or EA 151/200 which is easy?

Was confused to go for GMAT or EA. Can anyone of you please help?

Deadline is April End. Scored 138/200 in EA. Not much option left.
Intern
Intern
Send PM

Viyer wrote:
Hi People, Thanks for the clarity earlier.

Also just wanted a clarity scoring 575/805 in GMAT or EA 151/200 which is easy?

Was confused to go for GMAT or EA. Can anyone of you please help?

Deadline is April End. Scored 138/200 in EA. Not much option left.

It appears the GMAT Focus now has very similar sections and content as the EA, so you would likely need to study the same material regardless of the exam you choose. The GMAT Focus has more questions and takes 45 minutes longer than the EA, so that is definitely something to consider when making a choice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM