Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 20:01 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 20:01
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [2]
Given Kudos: 130
GPA: 3.78
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74324 [1]
Given Kudos: 20634
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
SULM87 wrote:
kor88 wrote:
SULM87 wrote:
Hi.

So I just took the executive assessment for the second time and I wanted share my experience with you.

The first time was the online assessment: I had one week preparation for the exam, a total of 15 hours, I scored 138 (11 IR, 5 VR, 2 Quant!!!)

Second time as at test center one week after the first assessment: I added 10 hours of preparation mainly on quant, I scored 148 (9 IR, 10 VR, 9 Q)

Conclusion:

Test center vs Online --> definitely test center

Material studied: Official GMAC questions

You just need to practice more and more to increase your efficiency.

Question: I got a conditional offer to one of the EMBA programs and they stated that "You are encouraged to score 150 or higher in your EA", do you think a score of 148 not that far from 150 will be acceptable? unfortunately I did not have much time to prepare, I received their email on April 10 and I was supposed to send my score by may 1!

Hi, well done on the effort!

What is your practice score on the all GMAC Official practice set? Is it in the range of 138-148 too or what was the breakdown score in the practice? Is it more difficult than practice test?

In my opinion, if you can still try one more time to pull 150 score, then do it.

But if not, I think you can make additional essay on how your years of experience at work (especially on quant-related work) shaped your quantitative skills to offset your EA score.

Additionally, show you have taken online course on quant related (MBA Math / coursera / graded courses) or professional certification like CPA CFA PMP, if any.

Thanks for your reply..

My score on the mock exams were in the 145-151 range.

however, all mock exams had a higher score on IR and Q since English is not my native language and I have always struggled with verbal sections. I definitely could've score more on IR since it was always the highest on my mock exams but the MSR question I got on the official test was really brutal. It was more of an essay, no tables or numbers where I had to spend so much time on it and I believe I did not score well on that.

I have already contacted the university with the score and I am waiting for their response whether this score is acceptable. Meanwhile, I am planning for one last test tomorrow.

Hello I am taking too much time in IR official questions… can any one of you tell how much time did u take for IR questions ? How many you could attempt in the exam properly ? Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
New user, first time post so forgive any formatting errors.

I took the EA yesterday and just wanted to give some data points for the official mocks vs the actual exam. Please note that my experience may not be the same for everyone (I was pretty tired on exam day having not been able to sleep the night before haha). In general, I found the Mocks to be much easier than the actual exam I took. I did see "2019" in the URL of one of the mocks so potentially they have made the exam harder since it was first implemented.

Mock 1 IR: 15 V: 10 Q: 12 T: 157
Mock 2 IR: 14 V: 12 Q: 12 T: 158
Mock 3 IR: 18 V: 12 Q: 12 T: 162
Mock 4 IR: 18 V: 12 Q: 12 T: 162

Actual Exam 12/13

IR: 14
Verbal: 10
Quant: 10
Total: 154

I was aiming to get a 157+ so I am slightly disappointed but I am happy with a 154 if the ~78th percentile reigns true. I did feel that the IR on the actual exam was much more difficult than the IR in the Mocks (especially 3 and 4 I found fairly easy). I studied for about 4 weeks about and hour or two a day total. If I had spent more time learning fundamental concepts within verbal and quant rather than relying on my logic skills, I would've done much better. The verbal and math sections felt about the same as the mocks, maybe the math was slightly harder.

Again, this is my personal experience and lots of factors could have affected my performance on game day. I don't think I'll take the exam again as I am applying in Round 2 to Part Time and Full Time programs that accept the EA but will if a program asks me to.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Hi rakeshglobsyn
Yes, timing is what even I'm facing trouble with in IR. Last two- three questions are usually rushed. I'm also looking at a strategy to improve this , as I'm taking the test in the coming week. Any recommendation would be helpful please. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Ver23 wrote:
Hi rakeshglobsyn
Yes, timing is what even I'm facing trouble with in IR. Last two- three questions are usually rushed. I'm also looking at a strategy to improve this , as I'm taking the test in the coming week. Any recommendation would be helpful please. Thanks.

I just took my EA. Scored 160. IR 12, V10, Q18. I found IR is little easier and smaller as compared to many of the problems in the practice exam. Just revise the 100 IR questions that will help. Please avoid re-reading question stem. Any idea as Indian student how is 160 score in EA? Kindly share your research and understanding..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
rakeshglobsyn wrote:
Ver23 wrote:
Hi rakeshglobsyn

I just took my EA. Scored 160. IR 12, V10, Q18. I found IR is little easier and smaller as compared to many of the problems in the practice exam. Just revise the 100 IR questions that will help. Please avoid re-reading question stem. Any idea as Indian student how is 160 score in EA? Kindly share your research and understanding..

Congratulations , that's a good score. Let me revise the IR questions- I purchased the 75 questions pack from mba.com.
As far as my research goes if u r planning EMBA then anything above 150 is good and if u r planning FTMBA then anything above 155 is considered a good score.
You can vet this info basis the program you want to enroll in.
All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ver23 wrote:
bb wrote:
Ver23 wrote:
Hi Folks,

I'm aiming to take EA in another 10 days.Below are the mocks I have taken with respective scores:

GMAT Club Mock 1: 136 | IR:2 VR:6 QR:8
Official Prep Test Mock 1: 145 | IR:7 VR:8 QR:10
Official Prep Test Mock 2: 152 | IR:11 VR:9 QR:12

Should I go ahead and purchase the prep test bundle 3 & 4 as well or keep practising using GMAT material, may be retake these and take the final exam. Planning to apply to CBS, NYU Stern, Tepper.
I plan to take online EA, so any tips on that front are welcomed.

TIA :)

Thanks so much for posting your GMAT Club Scores!
I have heard our IR is WAY too hard and we are working on making it gentler. :angel:

That would be great, thanks BB.

Hi Folks,

Wanted to share my booking experience, since yesterday night i have made 4 attempts to book the Online EA exam. On the website (under my login) it was showing all the dates, slots etc. but upon making payments, I was getting landed on the page which said 'the appointment slot is no longer available' and payment deducted. After trying to contact the customer service with no luck-I left it last night and thought of checking the slots in the morning and try booking it in the morning. Since then i tried 3 transactions all had the same error message displayed after the payment got through.

Finally after trying multiple calls on toll free numbers i could get to speak to a customer service person, who mentioned that in the system its showing that 'you are not authorise to take the online but only center EA exam' i found this very strange.
If this were the case the slots for Online shouldn't be shown or rather website should mention that only Centre exam available.
Would have saved my time and effort (and anxiety :P)

I'm hoping to get my money back for these transactions.

Has anyone faced a similar issue. or has anyone from India take the EA online recently?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1443 [0]
Given Kudos: 583
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
If you are going for a top top EMBA like Wharton/Booth/Berkeley and overrepresented 150 is too low; 154 puts you in contention

Ver23 wrote:
rakeshglobsyn wrote:
Ver23 wrote:
Hi rakeshglobsyn

Congratulations , that's a good score. Let me revise the IR questions- I purchased the 75 questions pack from mba.com.
As far as my research goes if u r planning EMBA then anything above 150 is good and if u r planning FTMBA then anything above 155 is considered a good score.
You can vet this info basis the program you want to enroll in.
All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi MBAPrepCoach
What about FT MBA - Columbia/ Stern/ Duke Darden/ Tepper?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Kudos
GMAT vs EA

I started my GMAT prep in Dec 2021 - gave two mocks and got 640 and 650 -- then gave an official in Jan and got 620 and was devastated!
I was good at quants, but struggled with verbal ( + IR section)

Then I joined Veritas 10 hour in person training and the strategy for cracking verbal + IR section improved a lot through this !!

I have 8 years of work ex and the duration of exam is a big issue for me (concentrating for 3.5hours at a stretch is taxing!)

After much research, people mentioned EA is a better exam-- 1.5 hours, you can go back and forth within a subsection -- and same question types as GMAT!!

I did not even prepare anything except understand the exam format -- gave a mock in Nov 2022 and got 154! -- another mock the next day and got 156 !!
I was surprised -- and then studied more for a week and then gave the official EA at a test center in Dec-- and got 155 ! (IR 11 V 12 Q 12)

I could not believe myself actually, consider how hard GMAT was for me personally -- EA turned out to be a much better exam for my strengths --

So if you have an option between GMAT and EA, definitely try both, before deciding - All the best !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 29
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Hello All,

Took the EA today for FTMBA admissions as I took both GMAT and GRE multiple times (680 (44Q,39V) and 319 (163Q,156V)). I scored 164 (14IR, 18V, 12Q).
I plan applying R2 to the programs that take for FTMBA: CBS, Fuqua, Stern.
Has anyone had success in sending the EA score to other FTMBA programs (M7, T15) that don't take it? Perhaps as a supplementary score or noting in the optional essay. Would love advice on this, thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
I scored 169, 159, 171, and 165 on the mock exams. I took the real exam in person and scored 171 (IR18, V18, Q15).

I used a combination of TTP and the official GMAC questions to study.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Schools: Booth (M)
GPA: 2.94
Send PM
Kudos
Ended up scoring 150 (IR 11, V10, Q9) today. My mocks were between 152 - 156. I didn't think it was much different from the practice questions, IR section was not bad at all. Quant was a little harder for me theres a few topics I am rusty on and they all appeared. On the fence between retaking or just applying to booth pt with that score since their 80% range is 148 - 159. So for my plan is to apply and if i get dinged I will retake.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1338 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Quote:
Quant was a little harder for me theres a few topics I am rusty on and they all appeared.

All the best with the apps. If you decide to retake, see if you can find shorter ways to solve the questions when you review them. This applies to EASY questions as well. The extra time you save can pay dividends later on. Some quick Quant tips on the gmatknight website you can check out when/if you restart your prep.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
150 should be good for chicago pt unless they give more importance to quants (booth is known to be quant heavy program compared to others)

Are u applying to any other programs? I m aiming mainly Kellogg pt

Vangel3 wrote:
Ended up scoring 150 (IR 11, V10, Q9) today. My mocks were between 152 - 156. I didn't think it was much different from the practice questions, IR section was not bad at all. Quant was a little harder for me theres a few topics I am rusty on and they all appeared. On the fence between retaking or just applying to booth pt with that score since their 80% range is 148 - 159. So for my plan is to apply and if i get dinged I will retake.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Schools: Booth (M)
GPA: 2.94
Send PM
Kudos
kvsinus wrote:
150 should be good for chicago pt unless they give more importance to quants (booth is known to be quant heavy program compared to others)

Are u applying to any other programs? I m aiming mainly Kellogg pt

Vangel3 wrote:

Yea my only worry is my quant score is below 10. I have a master's in computer science with a 3.15 GPA so hopefully that shows quant ability. I am only applying to booth since they have a business analytics concentration and I work as a data science director so I like the fit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hello all,

I took the EA and got a 153 ahead of the Wharton EMBA deadline. I know that their school is particular about scores. Is it still worth applying? Not sure what my likelihood of acceptance would be. Wondering if I should reapply with a higher score for the next cycle in September.

Any advice would be appreciated. I plan to take the EA again but even an online exam wouldn’t give me an updated score in time for next Wednesday.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1338 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM