Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 16:58 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 16:58
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1443 [0]
Given Kudos: 583
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.14
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.44
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1443 [0]
Given Kudos: 583
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Excellent congratulations ! 🎊🍾🎈
RathnaKumar wrote:
Hi Guys
I gave my EA today. Happy with result :angel:

Final Score: 162 | IR: 18 | VR: 10 | QR: 14

Practise 1: 151
Practise 2: 155
Practise 3: 156
Practise 4: 159

Refreshed quants and verbal thru' youtube videos and worked out full GMAC Test prep package. 8 weeks of preparations with 1-2 hrs/day commitment

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: NUS (A)
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
I registered and sat for the exam within 2 weeks. Prepared with the EA Official Prep Premium Collection. I would dedicate 2 hours on a weekday and 4-5 hours on weekends. I felt IR in the actual exam was trickier compared to the the practice test. In the Practice Assessment my score was 157 (IR 15, VR 11, QR 11); 153 (IR 11, VR 10, QR 11); 153 (IR 11, VR 9, QR 13) and 152 (IR 12, VR 9, QR 11). Final score 152 (IR 10, VR 11, QR 11). So, a bit disappointed with my IR performance. But, overall my final results were in line with the projection of the practice tests.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi.

So I just took the executive assessment for the second time and I wanted share my experience with you.

The first time was the online assessment: I had one week preparation for the exam, a total of 15 hours, I scored 138 (11 IR, 5 VR, 2 Quant!!!)

Second time as at test center one week after the first assessment: I added 10 hours of preparation mainly on quant, I scored 148 (9 IR, 10 VR, 9 Q)

Conclusion:

Test center vs Online --> definitely test center

Material studied: Official GMAC questions

You just need to practice more and more to increase your efficiency.

Question: I got a conditional offer to one of the EMBA programs and they stated that "You are encouraged to score 150 or higher in your EA", do you think a score of 148 not that far from 150 will be acceptable? unfortunately I did not have much time to prepare, I received their email on April 10 and I was supposed to send my score by may 1!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
SULM87 wrote:
Hi.

So I just took the executive assessment for the second time and I wanted share my experience with you.

The first time was the online assessment: I had one week preparation for the exam, a total of 15 hours, I scored 138 (11 IR, 5 VR, 2 Quant!!!)

Second time as at test center one week after the first assessment: I added 10 hours of preparation mainly on quant, I scored 148 (9 IR, 10 VR, 9 Q)

Conclusion:

Question: I got a conditional offer to one of the EMBA programs and they stated that "You are encouraged to score 150 or higher in your EA", do you think a score of 148 not that far from 150 will be acceptable? unfortunately I did not have much time to prepare, I received their email on April 10 and I was supposed to send my score by may 1!

Hi, well done on the effort!

What is your practice score on the all GMAC Official practice set? Is it in the range of 138-148 too or what was the breakdown score in the practice? Is it more difficult than practice test?

In my opinion, if you can still try one more time to pull 150 score, then do it.

But if not, I think you can make additional essay on how your years of experience at work (especially on quant-related work) shaped your quantitative skills to offset your EA score.

Additionally, show you have taken online course on quant related (MBA Math / coursera / graded courses) or professional certification like CPA CFA PMP, if any.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
kor88 wrote:
SULM87 wrote:
Hi.

Conclusion:

What is your practice score on the all GMAC Official practice set? Is it in the range of 138-148 too or what was the breakdown score in the practice? Is it more difficult than practice test?

In my opinion, if you can still try one more time to pull 150 score, then do it.

But if not, I think you can make additional essay on how your years of experience at work (especially on quant-related work) shaped your quantitative skills to offset your EA score.

Additionally, show you have taken online course on quant related (MBA Math / coursera / graded courses) or professional certification like CPA CFA PMP, if any.

Thanks for your reply..

My score on the mock exams were in the 145-151 range.

however, all mock exams had a higher score on IR and Q since English is not my native language and I have always struggled with verbal sections. I definitely could've score more on IR since it was always the highest on my mock exams but the MSR question I got on the official test was really brutal. It was more of an essay, no tables or numbers where I had to spend so much time on it and I believe I did not score well on that.

I have already contacted the university with the score and I am waiting for their response whether this score is acceptable. Meanwhile, I am planning for one last test tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
SULM87 wrote:
kor88 wrote:
SULM87 wrote:
Hi.

Conclusion:

Thanks for your reply..

however, all mock exams had a higher score on IR and Q since English is not my native language and I have always struggled with verbal sections. I definitely could've score more on IR since it was always the highest on my mock exams but the MSR question I got on the official test was really brutal. It was more of an essay, no tables or numbers where I had to spend so much time on it and I believe I did not score well on that.

I have already contacted the university with the score and I am waiting for their response whether this score is acceptable. Meanwhile, I am planning for one last test tomorrow.

I just finished my third test and scored the magical 150 (IR: 9, VR: 10, QR: 11), I have not really prepared for the third test since my second test was just few days ago....

the IR section was much easier than the previous tests, but I have not really managed this section well.. happy with the results overall. thanks for the help I found in the forum. great topic and great people :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SULM87 wrote:
SULM87 wrote:
kor88 wrote:

Thanks for your reply..

I just finished my third test and scored the magical 150 (IR: 9, VR: 10, QR: 11), I have not really prepared for the third test since my second test was just few days ago....

the IR section was much easier than the previous tests, but I have not really managed this section well.. happy with the results overall. thanks for the help I found in the forum. great topic and great people :)

Wow! Big congrats and happy to hear finally you get 150!! Hope finally you will get unconditional LoA after you sent the score.

I am now also preparing for EA test next month, hopefully I can achieve my target score at least 150 like you! My range of practice test score result is pretty similar with you though.

Btw please check your dm, I have some technical question. Thank you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Schools: Booth (A)
Send PM
Did anyone know how many days after EA Online, I will receive the exam result?

Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I just finished my EA test yesterday at test center.

I scored 147 (IR 8, V 8, Q 11), slightly below my 150 target score. My practice test score in GMAC was par with my result around 147 as well.

Overall, IR was harder than the EA practice test from GMAC and way more tricky. Didn't expect many questions were MSR type.

V is also harder, but I think the sentence correction in the real test was way longer than in the practice test.

However the Q is easier than in the practice test. Somehow, there's a lot of permutations and combinations question in my Q section. Which is a bit surprising.

FYI I studied using EA TTP & GMAC practice test for like 130+ hours for like 6 weeks. I never touch anything about GMAT before (only GRE), so this is pretty new for me. EA TTP was very helpful for me as a non native speaker to understand the concept especially on sentence correction.

I am planning to retake the test next month to get 150. Hopefully my IR and V can improve for like 2 points each..... fingers crossed.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22730 [0]
Given Kudos: 286
Send PM
Expert Reply
kor88 Hello!! Congratulations on scoring 147 on the Executive Assessment. Thank you for choosing TTP in your EA preparation!!

kor88 wrote:

I scored 147 (IR 8, V 8, Q 11), slightly below my 150 target score. My practice test score in GMAC was par with my result around 147 as well.

Overall, IR was harder than the EA practice test from GMAC and way more tricky. Didn't expect many questions were MSR type.

V is also harder, but I think the sentence correction in the real test was way longer than in the practice test.

However the Q is easier than in the practice test. Somehow, there's a lot of permutations and combinations question in my Q section. Which is a bit surprising.

FYI I studied using EA TTP & GMAC practice test for like 130+ hours for like 6 weeks. I never touch anything about GMAT before (only GRE), so this is pretty new for me. EA TTP was very helpful for me as a non native speaker to understand the concept especially on sentence correction.

I am planning to retake the test next month to get 150. Hopefully my IR and V can improve for like 2 points each..... fingers crossed.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Schools: Booth (A)
Send PM
kor88 wrote:

Hi bro, did you finish all the chapters content and the chapter tests of TTP?

I have enrolled in TTP's EA course too, but there are too much information.

Just want to know if it's better to finish them all.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
zhugelianges wrote:
kor88 wrote:

Hi bro, did you finish all the chapters content and the chapter tests of TTP?

I have enrolled in TTP's EA course too, but there are too much information.

Just want to know if it's better to finish them all.

Thanks!

I finished around 80% lessons read for both V and Q, including on the example.

For the chapter test on each topics, I focus predominantly on Verbal because I am so weak at it since I am a non-native speaker, and finished around 55% for Verbal as per my test date. However, I only finished around 15% for my quant chapter test. I will continue to finish my V as I will do retake next month..

If you have very limited time, I think you can focus to read and do practice test only on topics that you are weak at.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kor88 wrote:

I just saw my percentile in one of the admission portal.... surprisingly, as per now, 147 is 65th percentile.

Even my 11 quant is also considered as 65th percentile.

I am really surprised by this number though. Maybe, 150 is 80th Percentile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
EA Date: 10/3/2022

Total: 160 (91% percentile)
Verbal: 10 (54%)
Quant: 12 (77%)
IR: 18 (100%)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
EA Score: 157 (IR: 13, Verbal: 11, Quant: 13)

I used the Target Test Prep course for my Executive Assessment preparation. TTP is honestly the best course out there and has been instrumental in my admission to Columbia Business School. I tried several other platforms in the past, but TTP is the most organized, comprehensive, and user-friendly platform. With TTP, you don't have to waste time planning a "study schedule" because one has already been prepared for you. You simply have to follow the instructions and stick to a routine. (This saves your a lot of time, trust me.)

I wasted my time answering OG questions at the beginning when I should've spent more time building my foundation. I suggest you save the OG questions for the end once you've mastered all the basics. Also, I think TTP gives a lot of good mental health and exam day tips. One tip they shared was going to a library every weekend whenever I would take my mock exam. That gives you the most authentic feel of exam day. They also shared some tips on visualization, which I've been using throughout my MBA prep journey. A lot of people make fun of this technique but it really helps soothe the anxiety when exam day in nearing. Big big KUDOS to TTP!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
bb abhimahna StaceyKoprince

I want to appear for the Executive Assessment Test at home (online) conducted by GMAC. I have 2 questions regarding the same:-

1) 'Test my system' link on the Pearson Vue website is not working. I think its an error from their side since the page is not loading at all. Is it true for others also?

2) Can I see my unofficial scores after the online exam? or will the results only come after a few days?

bb wrote:

Welcome back and good job on your score - it seems it is around 80th percentile or above.
I assume you are looking at EMBA's with that level of experience? One challenge with the US EMBA programs is that they don't offer F-1 Visa or OPT (usually). There are only 2 programs I know of which is Sloan Fellows and Stanford MSx that are full time EMBA's for the US. UK has the usual suspects of LBS, Judge, and Said. I think Judge and Said are doable. LBS may be a bit picky but they should be able to give you feedback if they would think your profile is competitive or if you may need to play with the EA a bit more.

P.S. By the way, IR 10 is probably 2-3 mistakes in the whole IR section, so really a small difference.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Hello I am from India and facing trouble to buy the official material. I have tried with different credit cards but still no success. I even tried with USA credit card but that also failed.

I need to take the test very soon. Wanted to know the level of questions…

If any one of you have faced similar situation, please guide.

If any one who have already taken the test, if can share the material that would be also helpful for the time being.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17