Last visit was: 24 Jul 2024, 11:42 It is currently 24 Jul 2024, 11:42
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
I am an Indian Applicant with work experience of 5 years planning to take EA test for full time MBA. Since I don't get much of spare time to prepare for GMAT.

So as an Indian Applicant with 5 year work Exp. is giving EA test will be helpful. If yes what will be the safe score ?

Thanks In advance
School Moderator - Stanford MSx
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.77
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Ankur121294 wrote:
I am an Indian Applicant with work experience of 5 years planning to take EA test for full time MBA. Since I don't get much of spare time to prepare for GMAT.

So as an Indian Applicant with 5 year work Exp. is giving EA test will be helpful. If yes what will be the safe score ?

Thanks In advance

Full-time MBA programs do not accept EA except a very few schools.
School Moderator - Stanford MSx
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 96
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 3.77
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
batrakaran89 wrote:
Hi Everyone

I took the EA today and wanted to share my experience.

I started my prep with GMAC official study package and went through the question bank first. I took the 1st and 2nd test and scores 155 and 160, was feeling pretty good. Then came across EA test papers on GMAT Club. Boy o Boy, these are tough. I just stopped the clock and tried to solve the questions but never managed above 145 in any of the 4 tests I gave. The IR section is especially difficult.
But once I went back to official practice tests I found them much easier and I was flying through the sections with 3- 4 minutes to spare.

On the actual test today, I got a 165 with a perfect score in IR. But Quant which was my stronger subject was tougher than I expected and was my lowest scoring section. All in all happy with my score :)

Wooow, great, congrtas on this big achievement. Did you use any resource other than the Official Question Bank etc. from GMAC? How did you brush your skills/knowledge?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Hi,

I just gave my executive assessment and i got a score of 158. I got 18 on Quant, which is a perfect quant score I believe. I could have scored around a 162, but the system crashed within the first 5 mins of my exam and I had to contact the proctor. Unfortunately, there were 3 technical glitches that happened during the 1.5hours. It is unusual but it did impact the timing i had on the first two sections. I couldn't complete the IR or the verbal sections due to it. Thank god, Quant saved me. I am 35 years old with over 12 years of work exp and I am playing on applying for the Executive MBA program to the top universities. Does anyone here think that I should give the exam a second time and hopefully, if there are not that many system glitches in the second paper, I may just score over 160. Is it necessary though? As per the forums here, it sounds like 158 is a decent score. Please advice!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74284 [0]
Given Kudos: 20610
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Bandita wrote:
Hi,

I just gave my executive assessment and i got a score of 158. I got 18 on Quant, which is a perfect quant score I believe. I could have scored around a 162, but the system crashed within the first 5 mins of my exam and I had to contact the proctor. Unfortunately, there were 3 technical glitches that happened during the 1.5hours. It is unusual but it did impact the timing i had on the first two sections. I couldn't complete the IR or the verbal sections due to it. Thank god, Quant saved me. I am 35 years old with over 12 years of work exp and I am playing on applying for the Executive MBA program to the top universities. Does anyone here think that I should give the exam a second time and hopefully, if there are not that many system glitches in the second paper, I may just score over 160. Is it necessary though? As per the forums here, it sounds like 158 is a decent score. Please advice!

Sorry about that experience. That sounds pretty terrible... :(
Was that at the test center?

As to the scores, EMBA programs don't publish their EA scores very openly unfortunately, even in the rankings :(
We have this topic: https://gmatclub.com/forum/executive-as ... 22683.html and your score is very good indeed!

I would probably not retake unless you feel that you have a weak undergraduate record or week academic record in some way. A high score is unlikely to get you in since the AdCom does not even publish their average EA scores... and I would instead focus on your resume, interview, and other aspects of the application.

P.S. You can mention in the optional essay to explain your IR score or any low sectional score that you have experienced a system failure during the test that has did not allow you to dedicate the appropriate time to each of the sections and rushing you through the test.

PPS. Be careful with contacting GMAC. If you contact them about a technical issue to provide you with a reference/proof of your test having had an issue, they will do that but they may cancel your score.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I took the at home version of the EA exam on 5th December, 2021 (today). The at home experience was pretty decent except for the fact that owing to the requirements of the webcam, you really cannot adjust your position from the screen. It has to be at a distance such that your face and shoulders are visible to the webcam. I usually prefer getting the screen as close as possible, however in the live exam the proctor will quickly weigh in incase you do that. My overall experience of the test was as follows:-

IR: Difficult, yep the IR section was definitely a notch higher in difficulty than the IR questions on the practice test. The MSR was pretty brutal, tbh and I skipped a 2-part question, ran out of time. Anyway i am probably not expecting anything more than a 10, unless the gods know otherwise.

Verbal: At par with the practice test difficulty. Guessed on one of the CR questions but otherwise it was fine. Realistically, not expecting more than 14 on this section, unless the gods know otherwise.

Quant: Perfectly aligned to the practice test difficulty. I am probably expecting a full score, unless well you know what follows unless :P.

So overall, at best <=162, let's see :roll:

I am looking at the EA to apply to the FT programs at NYU, Colombia, Duke. I have around 6 years of experience in management consulting at a BIG 4 consulting firm. If anyone can weigh in on the score baseline for EA, considering I am looking at the FT programs.

Regards
Abheek
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Experiences with Executive Assessment - Post Your EA Experience Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi Guys,

I have scored below in the first official GMAC mock test. Can someone please guide me if this is a good score? And how similar is the actual exam to this one?

Assessment Result
Section Result
Integrated Reasoning- 15
Verbal Reasoning- 13
Quantitative Reasoning- 13
Attachments

Screenshot 2021-12-05 133454.png
Screenshot 2021-12-05 133454.png [ 58.06 KiB | Viewed 7800 times ]

MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1443 [0]
Given Kudos: 583
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
The score baseline is not fundamentally different for full-time programs than executive programs. It’s a wise choice that you decided to go with EA because it doesn’t factor into rankings yet so if they’re interested in your profile and you articulate the contributions you make your goals and help them really get to know you from the inside out, in essence separate yourself, the EA will not stand in your way. I would say that 162 is probably about the minimum you want to be competitive for your profile. One of my Indian Deloitte clients actually got an interview with CBS for the executive program with a 150. That surprised me a little bit, I’d say you’re in an even better position because there’s no published rankings information as it pertains to EA for those schools. It’s a little bit of a back door honestly so what I would say is you have established you’re qualified Now full turn your full attention to it doing a bang up job in the app. I guess the only disadvantage here is that they usually use Indian students to form the foundation of their GMAT score (it’s gross, I know) and you won’t be able to contribute to that but if you do a good job differentiating yourself that’s easily overcome. It would probably be a good idea to mention that you would be active helping others in the consulting club, practice casing skills etc.

Abheek wrote:
Hi,

I took the at home version of the EA exam on 5th December, 2021 (today). The at home experience was pretty decent except for the fact that owing to the requirements of the webcam, you really cannot adjust your position from the screen. It has to be at a distance such that your face and shoulders are visible to the webcam. I usually prefer getting the screen as close as possible, however in the live exam the proctor will quickly weigh in incase you do that. My overall experience of the test was as follows:-

IR: Difficult, yep the IR section was definitely a notch higher in difficulty than the IR questions on the practice test. The MSR was pretty brutal, tbh and I skipped a 2-part question, ran out of time. Anyway i am probably not expecting anything more than a 10, unless the gods know otherwise.

Verbal: At par with the practice test difficulty. Guessed on one of the CR questions but otherwise it was fine. Realistically, not expecting more than 14 on this section, unless the gods know otherwise.

Quant: Perfectly aligned to the practice test difficulty. I am probably expecting a full score, unless well you know what follows unless :P.

So overall, at best <=162, let's see :roll:

I am looking at the EA to apply to the FT programs at NYU, Colombia, Duke. I have around 6 years of experience in management consulting at a BIG 4 consulting firm. If anyone can weigh in on the score baseline for EA, considering I am looking at the FT programs.

Regards
Abheek

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
I just got my official score today. Guess the gods weren't kind enough.

Overall: 156
IR: 11
VA: 11
QA: 14 (was expecting at least a +16)

I read on the forum that the percentile at 156 = 86%; however, I would need to understand the same better. Would want to know whether a retake would help? Given that in my practice, I was scoring 160-162 range.

Attaching the Official score as well.
Attachments

PDF document.pdf [125.18 KiB]
Downloaded 140 times

Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74284 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Abheek wrote:

I read on the forum that the percentile at 156 = 86%; however, I would need to understand the same better. Would want to know whether a retake would help? Given that in my practice, I was scoring 160-162 range.

Hi. Sorry about not hitting the score you expected.
About the percentiles - we have seen the data swing quite a bit. Perhaps due to more test-takers taking the test now vs. a few years ago when the GMAC released the EA percentiles, so the table is slightly dated but there are some anecdotal references... of course it would make it so much better if GMAC actually told us what the percentile was but OK :|

P.S. About the QA 14 - you get 14 with just 1 incorrect question. The scoring is pretty weird and in our many attempts, just answering 1 question wrong can be as low as 12! Which is insane since the max score is 18. Anyway, you only got 1 question wrong on your EA Quant... so seems to be along the expectations and I would probably not retake unless you feel you can do better on the other sections too.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
Abheek wrote:

Hey BB,

Thanks for weighing in. As you mentioned that the percentiles have seen a swing, could you shed a bit more light on this. I will be using the EA for FT programs. I have 6 years of experience with the Management Consulting Practice of PwC and I am a Male NON-ENGINEER Indian. So just wanted to understand if you are privy to the percentiles especially over the last 1 year

Regards
Abheek

Hi. Sorry about not hitting the score you expected.
About the percentiles - we have seen the data swing quite a bit. Perhaps due to more test-takers taking the test now vs. a few years ago when the GMAC released the EA percentiles, so the table is slightly dated but there are some anecdotal references... of course it would make it so much better if GMAC actually told us what the percentile was but OK :|

P.S. About the QA 14 - you get 14 with just 1 incorrect question. The scoring is pretty weird and in our many attempts, just answering 1 question wrong can be as low as 12! Which is insane since the max score is 18. Anyway, you only got 1 question wrong on your EA Quant... so seems to be along the expectations and I would probably not retake unless you feel you can do better on the other sections too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I gave the test today at the Pearson center in the UK. I am not sure how to feel about the score, I feel I should have done better in IR. The center was very noisy with a lot of people typing essays probably for GMAT and the noise cancellation headphone didn't really work.

My Score Breakdown is below

Overall 155
IR- 10 :(
VR- 12
QA- 13
To prepare for this I had prepared for about two weeks with the EA official material and gave 2 Official mocks ( Mock 1- 161 and Mock- 155). I had also referred to TTP for Quant( I feel it is the best course in Quant)

This is the first time I gave an exam since 2009( I gave CAT an MBA exam for admission to Indian B-schools- 95.15%tile was the score back then)

My background- Almost 12 years of experience in Management consulting, Mid-Senior Level in a Big 4, in the UK (2.5 years). I have some global experience in APAC as well.

I am primarily looking to apply to good schools in UK and US. Can someone guide me if the score is acceptable for good schools and if so which schools should I target?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 74284 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
abhimukh19,

Welcome back and good job on your score - it seems it is around 80th percentile or above.
I assume you are looking at EMBA's with that level of experience? One challenge with the US EMBA programs is that they don't offer F-1 Visa or OPT (usually). There are only 2 programs I know of which is Sloan Fellows and Stanford MSx that are full time EMBA's for the US. UK has the usual suspects of LBS, Judge, and Said. I think Judge and Said are doable. LBS may be a bit picky but they should be able to give you feedback if they would think your profile is competitive or if you may need to play with the EA a bit more.

P.S. By the way, IR 10 is probably 2-3 mistakes in the whole IR section, so really a small difference.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Booth (A)
Send PM
How many hours have you guys studied for?

Thanks bros!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 95
Send PM
Kudos
So... I just took the EA online and while the proctoring experience was good (no complaints!), the OnVue software was a NIGHTMARE to work with!!!

The first time the proctor launched the exam, it caused my MacBook Air to overheat and froze my dock in a way that it obscured some of the buttons on the bottom of the screen. Had to contact the proctors to relaunch the entire thing & had to wait for a nerve-wrecking ~3 mins while the system sorted itself out on the backend.... (nerve-wrecking cos the entire system was unresponsive even when i clicked the relaunch button on the OnVue screen AND when i tried to minimize, maximise, close, or even move the OnVue screen around - I was seriously considering if I should reboot the entire system but thankfully it started responding after a while!).

In the last ~5 mins* my laptop must have gone into powersave mode.... When the test said times up & asked to flash the whiteboard, I realised that the video had stopped (frozen up) cos it didn't capture my movements (nor my attempt to show the cleaned whiteboard). However, the rest of the test went through (Pearson VUE dashboard shows that I no longer have a scheduled exam; under [Past Exams], it says the EA has been successfully delivered).

Panicking now cos I'm not sure if it would be counted as a valid exam. :(
Have written in on email to enquire.. let's hope they get back soon!

Some other noteworthy observations:
1. Unlike the official GMAC EA prep package, the 30 mins allocated to each section actually span both segments INCLUDING their respective start (instructions) and end (review) pages --> 9 "filler" pages in total. This means you need to pay a lot more attention to the clock than during mocks & try to click through the "filler" pages as quickly as possible. Even the time your system takes to load a page is counted towards the 90mins clock, so only go back to review questions if absolutely necessary!!
2. You're apparently not allowed to speak aloud during the examination (even though you're alone and can't possibly be disturbing anyone else taking the exam) - this was a real bummer especially when tackling sentence correction questions (I tend to read the options aloud so I can hear which sounds better/correct :lol: )
3. With the hiccups in time and system-performance, the actual EA felt a lot harder than the mocks (both the GMAC official prep and the GMATClub EA tests).

*couldn't tell the exact time cos I only realised the computer fan stopped whirling crazily at the last 2 quant questions and the OnVue programme locks up the screen (so you can't see the systems bar which has the battery/wifi connectivity icons)

Edit:
Uploading my GMAC Official Prep Scores and GMATClub Scores (taken on Christmas 2021 and New Year's Day 2022)
Attachments

File comment: GMATClub EA 3&4
Screenshot 2021-12-25 at 6.46.16 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-12-25 at 6.46.16 PM.png [ 146.35 KiB | Viewed 6940 times ]

File comment: GMATClub EA 1&2
Screenshot 2021-12-25 at 6.46.09 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-12-25 at 6.46.09 PM.png [ 148.94 KiB | Viewed 6931 times ]

EA 4a.png
EA 4a.png [ 161.59 KiB | Viewed 6925 times ]

EA 3a.png
EA 3a.png [ 281.33 KiB | Viewed 6928 times ]

File comment: Official Prep EA 4
86% correct (no EA score-equivalent generated)

EA 4b.png
EA 4b.png [ 311.43 KiB | Viewed 6907 times ]

File comment: Official Prep EA 3
83% correct (no EA score-equivalent generated)

EA 3b.png
EA 3b.png [ 229.24 KiB | Viewed 6923 times ]

File comment: Official Prep EA 1&2
EA 1n2.png
EA 1n2.png [ 231.38 KiB | Viewed 6922 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GPA: 3.52
Send PM
bb wrote:
Thanks so much for the feedback and posting your practice score results!
Would you consider taking the GMAT Club EA Test? I would love to understand what score you will get (Test 1 is free and I am happy to unlock test 2 if needed to get multiple data points).

Thank you,
BB.

EAjunkie wrote:
Just got my results today, so I thought I would share my own experience here:

Practice test 1: 152 (IR 9, V 13, Q 10)
Practice test 2: 160 (IR 12, V 15, Q 13)
Practice test 3: 153 (IR 8, V 14, Q 11)
Practice test 4: 154 (IR 9, V 11, Q 14)
Real Exam (online): 154 (IR 11, V 12, Q 11)

My background is undergrad in humanities followed by working across three countries over the past 11 years, most experience has been in enterprise technology sales and relationship management. Looking to apply to CBS, Cornell, and NYU EMBA.

Personally struggled quite a lot with the exam. Over about 2 months I used primarily OG online EA prep paired with TTP and MGMAT for verbal. TTP I whizzed through just using the examples primarily and revisiting the ones I got wrong for review.

The online exam was much more straightforward than expected although the test software wasn’t working on game day. Gave me a bit of anxiety that I definitely carried into the exam. I’m certain I must have made some careless errors but feel OK about my score overall. Considering taking one last time to get closer to my practice high.

All the best to everyone on their journey! Happy to answer any questions.

Posted from my mobile device
D33T wrote:
So... I just took the EA online and while the proctoring experience was good (no complaints!), the OnVue software was a NIGHTMARE to work with!!!

The first time the proctor launched the exam, it caused my MacBook Air to overheat and froze my dock in a way that it obscured some of the buttons on the bottom of the screen. Had to contact the proctors to relaunch the entire thing & had to wait for a nerve-wrecking ~3 mins while the system sorted itself out on the backend.... (nerve-wrecking cos the entire system was unresponsive even when i clicked the relaunch button on the OnVue screen AND when i tried to minimize, maximise, close, or even move the OnVue screen around - I was seriously considering if I should reboot the entire system but thankfully it started responding after a while!).

In the last ~5 mins* my laptop must have gone into powersave mode.... When the test said times up & asked to flash the whiteboard, I realised that the video had stopped (frozen up) cos it didn't capture my movements (nor my attempt to show the cleaned whiteboard). However, the rest of the test went through (Pearson VUE dashboard shows that I no longer have a scheduled exam; under [Past Exams], it says the EA has been successfully delivered).

Panicking now cos I'm not sure if it would be counted as a valid exam. :(
Have written in on email to enquire.. let's hope they get back soon!

Some other noteworthy observations:
1. Unlike the official GMAC EA prep package, the 30 mins allocated to each section actually span both segments INCLUDING their respective start (instructions) and end (review) pages --> 9 "filler" pages in total. This means you need to pay a lot more attention to the clock than during mocks & try to click through the "filler" pages as quickly as possible. Even the time your system takes to load a page is counted towards the 90mins clock, so only go back to review questions if absolutely necessary!!
2. You're apparently not allowed to speak aloud during the examination (even though you're alone and can't possibly be disturbing anyone else taking the exam) - this was a real bummer especially when tackling sentence correction questions (I tend to read the options aloud so I can hear which sounds better/correct :lol: )
3. With the hiccups in time and system-performance, the actual EA felt a lot harder than the mocks (both the GMAC official prep and the GMATClub EA tests).

*couldn't tell the exact time cos I only realised the computer fan stopped whirling crazily at the last 2 quant questions and the OnVue programme locks up the screen (so you can't see the systems bar which has the battery/wifi connectivity icons)

Edit:
Uploading my GMAC Official Prep Scores and GMATClub Scores (taken on Christmas 2021 and New Year's Day 2022)

Sorry to hear this. Hope everything went well.

What is your final score then?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 95
Send PM
Kudos
kor88 wrote:

bb wrote:
Thanks so much for the feedback and posting your practice score results!
Would you consider taking the GMAT Club EA Test? I would love to understand what score you will get (Test 1 is free and I am happy to unlock test 2 if needed to get multiple data points).

Thank you,
BB.

Sorry to hear this. Hope everything went well.

What is your final score then?

Just got my results! :D
(<3 business days after online exam)
Total score: 154
V: 11
Q: 12

Not sure about percentiles as I haven't sent it to any business schools yet. Will update if I have any further information after applying! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14  ...  17