Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:50 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
baer wrote:
Update:

I have taken the GMAT and scored a disappointing 670 (43Q, 40V). I rushed thru a few easy questions in the beginning of the quant section, got them wrong, and couldn't recover. I plan on taking the test again. All my practice scores have been the in 700-720 range.

In my original post, I should have included that I can show fantastic leadership experience in my current job. Leadership that involves only a bit of leading people, but moreso leadership in the form of company direction and ideas. I've been with the same company for the past 3 years, and will have 4 years by matriculation in 2008. I believe my work experience will really set me apart and be my most important asset.

My target schools are Columbia ED (may be able to alumni rec), Cornell, Stern part time, and Duke. What are my chances? What is the minimum GMAT score I'll need to be competitive? I'm also a white male.

baer,

Good to hear that your leadership stories are strong. You could conceivably get into all four programs with a 670, but I wouldn't bet money on it. Much better to aim for all 4 with a strong 700. Your "white maleness" is a factor, since a female with your background and a 670 would have better odds. You are smart to take full advantage of the increased odds that ED and part-time programs offer. Keep gunning.

Good luck,
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]