Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1368 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: Intensive GMAT courses Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane [#permalink]
Expert Reply
jazzmaven80 wrote:
Hi all

I find it rather bizarre that none of the big providers seem to offer intensive courses in Australia. Am I missing something? I'm not looking for 6-8 week course, and definitey not online but rather 1-2 weeks max in person. Flying to the US or London is not an option sadly.

Hi jazzmaven80,

Although it is good to opt for an in-person tutor, 1-2 weeks is to less a time to prepare well for the GMAT. You need to understand the concepts well and then apply those on the practice tests.

1. When do you plan to take the GMAT?
2. Have you taken any mock CATs till now?

Since you have just started off with you preparation, keep the following things in mind during you preparation:

1. Understand the concepts and fundamentals before jumping into problem solving
2. Solve full length CATs including AWA and IR. You can get two free GMAT Prep mock CATs and can purchase two more from mba.com
3. Make sure you solve the official questions from the Official Guide
4. Make sure you follow a preparatory course. It may be a book, online course or tutoring. But make sure that you go through the concepts first.

You preparation should have the following things:

1. Preparatory course/Books/Tutor
2. Official Guides
3. Mock CATs
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64976 [0]
Given Kudos: 428
Send PM
Expert Reply
jazzmaven80 wrote:
Hi all

I find it rather bizarre that none of the big providers seem to offer intensive courses in Australia. Am I missing something? I'm not looking for 6-8 week course, and definitey not online but rather 1-2 weeks max in person. Flying to the US or London is not an option sadly.

In cases where location and time frame both are constrained, GMAT on demand course is often a suitable option. It gives you complete flexibility to study at your own speed from anywhere you wish. Of course, the course cannot be in person.

To satisfy the in person angle, you would need to consider private tutoring though it works best when you have sufficient time in hand. The tutor explains you the concepts, you try out practice questions and then you get back to the tutor with doubts. This takes time.

Any particular reason you can give your GMAT prep only 1-2 weeks? If you just run through the concepts without practicing them, it gives limited return.

Here is a bit about our course options: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/gmat-course-options/
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13401 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
jazzmaven80 wrote:
Hi all

GMAT is not about finishing everything of syllabus else such an intense preparation could have been a success.

It takes time to internalize the concepts and develop an aptitude to apply the learnt concepts in the "never seen before" questions that GMAT poses you with.

In case you are looking for Intense course then Manhattan Provides such course that has come to my knowledge but sadly the result of such preparations has been as expected :cry:

I don't understand the reason why who are close fro online course when GMAT itself is an Online Test :P

Anyways, with due respect to your preference, The honest suggestion is that for intense understanding of the concepts you may refer to some online Free video sessions and practice questions from OG and Manhattan Books.

I hope that helps!!! :)
GMAT Club Bot