Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:41 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
ISB & IIM Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V36
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GRE 1: Q164 V161
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4659 [0]
Given Kudos: 633
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Is it reasonable to take the GMAT again? Score of 600 on first try [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nookx wrote:
Hi!

I took the GMAT in January 2022, got an overall score of 600 and got into my dream program. Since application deadlines came closer, I had to take the test even though I was not satisfied with my score. Right now, I consider taking the GMAT again.

To what extend is the GMAT strengthening ones profile? Should I just let it go? Because I feel like I can't since I am sure that I could have done better.

Many thanks in advance for any helpful advice or passed experience!!

Best,
nook

Hi nookx,

I strongly recommend that you reach out to your target schools and ask them the same question as well. A higher GMAT score may also make it easier for you to get a scholarship, if that's something you're looking for.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GRE 1: Q164 V161
Send PM
Re: Is it reasonable to take the GMAT again? Score of 600 on first try [#permalink]
That is an excellent point!

AjiteshArun wrote:
nookx wrote:
Hi!

I took the GMAT in January 2022, got an overall score of 600 and got into my dream program. Since application deadlines came closer, I had to take the test even though I was not satisfied with my score. Right now, I consider taking the GMAT again.

To what extend is the GMAT strengthening ones profile? Should I just let it go? Because I feel like I can't since I am sure that I could have done better.

Many thanks in advance for any helpful advice or passed experience!!

Best,
nook

Hi nookx,

I strongly recommend that you reach out to your target schools and ask them the same question as well. A higher GMAT score may also make it easier for you to get a scholarship, if that's something you're looking for.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nook,

First off, congratulations on getting into your first-choice Program! There are some potential benefits to having a higher GMAT Score, even though you have already gotten into that Program - although you have to decide whether the extra time and efforts are worth it at this point. With a higher GMAT Score, you could potentially earn Scholarship money to pay for School - and certain industries/companies might be interested in your GMAT Score when you apply for jobs in the future. These issues might be best discussed with representatives of your School (and potentially through the School's Alumni network).

Do you have a specific reason why you're interested in retesting? if you choose to do so, then we should discuss your prior studies in more detail. If you would rather not discuss any of this here, then you can feel free to PM or email me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22080 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi nookx,

When you say strengthen your profile, do you mean for after business school?
GMAT Club Bot