Last visit was: 16 May 2024, 21:47 It is currently 16 May 2024, 21:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status:Making every effort to create original content for you!!
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [1]
Given Kudos: 82
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Kaplan CAT vs. GMATPrep [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
kamalahmmad1 wrote:
Hi
I also think that Kaplan CAT contains a lot of ambiguous questions. I also tried 800 score CAT that also has a pool of ambiguous questions. Usually I google each question which i get wrong in the test. I also searched many of the questions from Kaplan and 800 score test and most of the questions seemed ambiguous and misleading to many of the students and even to many GMAT experts. Now I am just focusing on OG and GMAT prep question for my preparation, Manhattan seemed quite good to me. I think MGmat is the second best option after OG and GMAT prep for preparation. By the way, I am struggling with GMAT RC. I usually get 2/3 correct in each RC. Dont know how to improve it. Besides i undergo serious pressure while taking test specially in verbal section. same questions which i get correct under normal untimed condition turned out to be incorrect in the test or in the timed condition. Can you suggest any way out??

Hi kamalahmmad,

800 score CAT questions are tougher than the actual GMAT and do not represent typical GMAT type questions. MGMAT tests is probably the second best test in quality (not the accuracy) after GMAT prep. You are doing the right thing by using OG and MGMAT study material.

As far is RC is concerned, it may take time to be proficient in it. You may find the following resource helpful - ultimate-reading-comprehension-encyclopedia-150022.html#p1205080

Try to identify the RC strategy that works best for you and then practice it thoroughly.

Hope this helps,

Vercules
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V38
GMAT 2: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
ngould wrote:
I took a Kaplan CAT yesterday and my verbal score was considerably lower than my initial GMATPrep verbal score. I took the Kaplan test with 3 months of studying and the GMATPrep right at the beginning of my preparation period without studying. Perhaps I am getting a negative return on my investment and studying is making me dumber, however, I hope that this is not the case.

I felt that the Kaplan questions, especially in the verbal section were much more difficult than questions than what I have seen in the OG or the GMATPrep software. The Kaplan verbal questions seemed to be extremely ambiguous.

Does anyone else feel as I do about this topic, or is it just me?

Also, what are your opinions on the Kaplan quant compared to the actual thing?

Thanks.

I had the same question. It seems we need to concentrate on the question format of the GMAT prep software and Manhattan. I've been scoring well in Kaplan but it did not translate to the Prep or Manhattan. Questions are different, and the Kaplan Verbal is def' more difficult. Concentrate on the sources closer to the real thing (Prep + MHTN). I'll take the test in 3 weeks so i'll let you know if it works!
GMAT Club Bot