Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:08 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
That site limitation is ridiculous. You can pm me though.

My behavioural questions query was not for the presentation question but for throughout the interview. You mentioned that she grilled you on your application for a long time. During this time did she ask many behavioural type questions ?

beks wrote:
Mi interview was initially scheduled for 1hr but over-ran by about 20mins. I got the chance to ask questions at the end so in the end the whole interview lasted 1 and 1/2 hours. I'm still not entirely sure if that was good or bad.

I think there was a few pages of A4 full of potential presentation questions and she circled the one she wanted me to work on and left the room. Because I only had about 5mins to preare, I didn't look at any of the other questions on my page at all. My question was not behavioural and had absolutely nothing to do with my application though I suspect she took my background, aplication and answers to her previous questions into account when she picked that particuar question. It appears the questions are quite random but they always require you to take and stand and argue for your position. When I was preparing I visited a lot of sites and some people in previous interviews got questions like:
1) What are you thoughts on tattoos and body piercings?
2) What three things would you put into a time capsule?
3) Fish stock are going down in oceans, do you think we should stop eating fish? Would this impact in fisherman economy?

I'll post the sites I used to prepare as soon as this forum allows it. Apparently until I've posted 5 legitimate posts, I can't include links to sites in my message. Spammers and all that.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi all, just had my LBS interview. The alumni had an almost identical background to mine - i.e. Computer Science Undergrad in - then IT Consulting and now in Private Equity. I was expecting some tough questions regarding my motives for moving into finance, however, the guy could already empathize with what I was going through, having done the same himself.

After some formalities (i.e me walking him through my resume and going through my post MBA aims) , the 'interview' turned into a chat. He gave me some amazing tips on how to survive in London and what to do to find a decent job in Hedge Funds. He even offered to introduce me to some of his buddies in London who are in the industry (even if I didn't attend LBS).

One thing I must mention is that this alum was very high up in a very prominent PE fund in my region. Their office reminded me of Al Pacino's in 'The devils advocate'. I had to try my utmost best not to be too awed by the whole thing. To have him talk to me one-on-one in such a down to earth manner was an amazing experience.

Eventually he mentioned that he would recommend me, however, his recommendation didn't guarentee me a spot.

Now the wait begins ....
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
bsd_lover wrote:
One thing I must mention is that this alum was very high up in a very prominent PE fund in my region. Their office reminded me of Al Pacino's in 'The devils advocate'. I had to try my utmost best not to be too awed by the whole thing. To have him talk to me one-on-one in such a down to earth manner was an amazing experience.

Eventually he mentioned that he would recommend me, however, his recommendation didn't guarentee me a spot.

Now the wait begins ....

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
the quiet before the storm.................

good luck everyone
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
You too EX10XL. Still a while to go though, they only release results on the 19th

EX10XL wrote:

good luck everyone
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
...waiting for Godot...good luck!

cheers

EX10XL wrote:

good luck everyone
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
D-day tomorrow, good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
gnr646 wrote:
D-day tomorrow, good luck all!

Results come out Dec 19th. There is a very active discussion on BW. Check it out...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Am I the only one losing my mind waiting for that LBS email?

I got my interview invite the day before the official notification date so I've been nervously checking my email every hr - just in case it's a habit of theirs to send early notifications. I've just come from the supermarket with a case of Red Bull - I intend to stay up till that (dreaded/anticipated) email turns up. Or maybe I should have bought sleeping tablets to knock me out till the morning, that way I'm at least assured of a good night's sleep.

Question:
Does anyone know whether or not LBS bothers to send notification to the applicant's they ding? Or is it a case of "no news is bad news"?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any from the states hear anything yet or does LBS only send out the email? for some reason, I thought they called, but I can't remember if that's accurate.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
No news in Australia, and its ALREADY 19th here.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
...it can well be that LBS surprises us by submitting its decision in the morning of the 19th December London time. Cheers

bsd_lover wrote:
No news in Australia, and its ALREADY 19th here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm in!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
congratulations beks! when did you receive the mail (London time) and where are you located at? I am still waiting.....

cheers

beks wrote:
I'm in!!!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Awesome beks, well done !!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anyone know when(time today)/how they are sending out admits/dings?
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9