It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 06:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS R1 roll call

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 504

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2007, 20:15
Just goes to show this process is bonkers...who knows maybe LBS wanted more work ex. I dunno...I've given up trying to figure it out and just apply and cross my fingers.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 135

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 0

R1 decision!!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2007, 00:33
Me still waiting....I think Europe would only get the decisions today!!!!

shmegs I am sorry for you!!!! But then life still goes one aye mate!!!
Hope you cash in on an invite from another school!!!!

as for the rest congratulations!!!!!!

as for me...shall let you guys know which side I join!!!!

AugiTh

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 504

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2007, 01:15
Thanks AugiTh g'luck mate.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 135

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 0

So here is mine [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2007, 06:04
A spectacular DING!!!!! :(

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2007, 10:09
sorry mate, hope you have better luck with the other apps.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2950

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2007, 13:30
Don't despair Augi, I have had 2 dings prior to this.

So far :
Invites:
gnr646
bsd_lover
EX10XL

Waiting:
?? anyone else ?

Ding:
Abhisekh.Sardena
shmegs
AugiTh

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 999

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Location: New York
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 09:37
bsd_lover wrote:
Don't despair Augi, I have had 2 dings prior to this.

So far :
Invites:
gnr646
bsd_lover
EX10XL

Waiting:
?? anyone else ?

Ding:
Abhisekh.Sardena
shmegs
AugiTh


bsd -- Did you send your application for Princeton MIF?

I am planning to apply as well

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2950

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 13:57
Yeah i have applied there. You better be quick, I think the deadline is 1st of December. It is highly unlikely that I will get anything out of princeton though, they have already told me that my GMAT is on the 'lower end of acceptable, which is not a good place to be'. They seem to be far more academic focused than any MBA school.

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2007
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2007, 22:10
Somewhat unrelated to the thread, but I don't know where else to ask this...


Does anyone know if LBS has a font size and spacing requirement for their essays? I'm going with 12 arial and single space??

Can't seem to find any info on their site..

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2950

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2007, 01:20
I made the fonts same as the template. I believe this is 12 point Times New Roman. I did use double spacing.

cheers.

towelboy wrote:
Somewhat unrelated to the thread, but I don't know where else to ask this...


Does anyone know if LBS has a font size and spacing requirement for their essays? I'm going with 12 arial and single space??

Can't seem to find any info on their site..

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 572

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Location: NYC
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2007, 10:30
who can miss all thos hot punjabi UK kuriyan's.. one more rreason for me to apply for LBS
_________________

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

Kudos [?]: 70 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 57

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2007, 15:27
bewakoof wrote:
who can miss all thos hot punjabi UK kuriyan's.. one more rreason for me to apply for LBS


Don't know about that but the girl from "Bend it Like Beckham" was pretty hot.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2007, 13:37
so I've got an email w/the contact information for my alumni interview today. Things were going fine until I read this gem:

"You should also note that all candidates are now required to do a 5-minute impromptu presentation as part of the interview. Your interviewer will provide you with a topic on the day."

Can't say I'm looking forward to that part. Any current students out there have suggestions/stories for handling this?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2950

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2007, 13:41
WTF ??? I didnt know about this ... Uh oh ...

gnr646 wrote:
so I've got an email w/the contact information for my alumni interview today. Things were going fine until I read this gem:

"You should also note that all candidates are now required to do a 5-minute impromptu presentation as part of the interview. Your interviewer will provide you with a topic on the day."

Can't say I'm looking forward to that part. Any current students out there have suggestions/stories for handling this?

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 327

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2007, 06:32
I would like to share this with you: I recommend to read through the LBS student blogs to get appropriate information about the application process and interview.

cheers

bsd_lover wrote:
WTF ??? I didnt know about this ... Uh oh ...

gnr646 wrote:
so I've got an email w/the contact information for my alumni interview today. Things were going fine until I read this gem:

"You should also note that all candidates are now required to do a 5-minute impromptu presentation as part of the interview. Your interviewer will provide you with a topic on the day."

Can't say I'm looking forward to that part. Any current students out there have suggestions/stories for handling this?

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2007, 11:44
Is anyone else having a hard time setting up an interview with an alumni?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2950

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2007, 19:51
I set up mine up for next thursday, he works up the road from me, and I am meant to meet him at the 'casual' room of his office. Very job interviewish if you ask me...

gnr646 wrote:
Is anyone else having a hard time setting up an interview with an alumni?

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2007, 10:21
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Just had my LBS interview yesterday. I think it went well. Maybe. Now all I have to do is get through the longest 18 days of my life.

Anyone else had their interview?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2950

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2007, 14:19
Hi beks,

Tell us more about it ? Also what was the impromptu presentation all about ?

My interview is next thursday.

beks wrote:
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Just had my LBS interview yesterday. I think it went well. Maybe. Now all I have to do is get through the longest 18 days of my life.

Anyone else had their interview?

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2007, 17:30
I had my interview at the alum's office in central london. It lasted about 1 and 1/2 hours and it was fairly informal. The interviewer must have memorised my application - she didn't even need to look at it during the interview, which meant that her eyes were trained on me the ENTIRE time. She grilled me on all my essays, so it would be a good idea to go over yours again before the interview.

Oddly enough the presentation was the easiest part of the interview. She picked a topic from a list she had, then left the room for 5 mins to let me prepare. Afterwards she said she was mainly looking for evidence that I could structure my response properly. In hindsight, I'd say the best approach is to break yours down into 3 sections - Intro, Main body and Summary/Conclusion. But whatever you do, pick a side and defend it. It's very much like the AWA in the GMAT.

Good luck with your interview!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

  [#permalink] 01 Dec 2007, 17:30

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 174 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Kellogg DAK II Roll Call and Logistics kryzak 36 15 Apr 2008, 13:34
Days at Haas Roll Call and Meetup kryzak 29 16 Apr 2008, 10:43
GBR roll call... dosa_don 21 09 Apr 2008, 12:56
1 LBS R1 or R2? nishchals 2 03 Nov 2008, 16:56
LBS - Round 2 roll call Big-O 6 11 Apr 2008, 00:19
Display posts from previous: Sort by

LBS R1 roll call

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.