It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 22:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS R1 roll call

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 667 [0], given: 210

Re: LBS R1 roll call [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2008, 00:47
I am Australian - so visa processing *should* be quicker but July is still pretty late - classes start in August.

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 41 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2008, 12:50
This post received
KUDOS
Hey BSD,

LBS actually dings people from its waitlist according to a BW post that I have just read :shock: :

"... Just to update you ...I was a R2 Waitlist and I was dinged last night after the ADCOM met to review the candidates....Indian/US/UK, Male, 30, 780, 10 years (IT+Investment Banking)...."

...well, maybe he could improve his GMAT or WE? Just kidding, I am shocked, since this chap seems to have an amazing profile and got dinged R2 after only one month on the waitlist...

...there definitely is something happening in London (if this post is true)...

cheers,

Kudos [?]: 41 [1], given: 0

CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2008, 03:28
Oh dear - my "stats" are not even close to that. Although LBS is pretty quirky that way - it tends to try and incorporate "interesting" experiences and diverse profiles. Its average GMAT score is only 690 - but I know alum who've rejected Harvard, Wharton and Columbia for it.

catgmat wrote:
Hey BSD,

LBS actually dings people from its waitlist according to a BW post that I have just read :shock: :

"... Just to update you ...I was a R2 Waitlist and I was dinged last night after the ADCOM met to review the candidates....Indian/US/UK, Male, 30, 780, 10 years (IT+Investment Banking)...."

...well, maybe he could improve his GMAT or WE? Just kidding, I am shocked, since this chap seems to have an amazing profile and got dinged R2 after only one month on the waitlist...

...there definitely is something happening in London (if this post is true)...

cheers,

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2008, 17:30
I'll share my stats here since I got an admit... I think it supports your hypothesis of them trying to build a diverse class.

Canadian / Age 26 / GMAT 710 / GPA 3.6 / 4 years WE

^ that in itself is pretty average as far as most applicants.

But then you add in: railroading in one of the harshest winter climates in the world (you'd be surprised how little things have changed from a century ago... I've been out there with simple hand tools hammering spikes), international work experience, and the ability to communicate in English/French/Chinese/Spanish. Heck, in the "list your hobbies" section, I even risked telling them about how much I enjoy attending fashion shows. It probably could have worked against me, but I told myself that if they couldn't appreciate the side of me that's drawn to creativity, then I don't belong there and the ding benefits the both of us.

Anyway, I 'm not sure how the waitlist works, but if you think you're on it because there are too many admits that already share your profile, perhaps the strategy is to push the diversity front with adcom? Might as well give it a shot... not much to lose at this point.

I'll be rooting for you guys!

CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2008, 21:33
Thanks fairplay - hope we see you there.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 290 [0], given: 6

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2008, 03:26
hey BSD hows it going? Since you are an Aussie,I have a question for you.
How do you rate AGSM?

CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2008, 03:59
Hi nihit most of my opinions on AGSM can be found on this thread 106-t45523.

All the best :)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2008, 08:58
Thanks as well fairplay! cheers

bsd_lover wrote:
Thanks fairplay - hope we see you there.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2008, 09:11
Thanks a lot BSD. I did my Masters from Usyd and found it to be pretty basic. I dope AGSM isn't the same and keeps up with the international standards.
I did meet the faculty at MBS and went to some parties as well. The faculty they have is top class.I think MBS has issues with placements.

CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 19 Apr 2008, 18:04
That perception about MBS is not entirely true. A mate of mine graduated from MBS a couple of years ago - he's now in Tokyo, with a "large investment bank". However, he had to put in some extra effort to find the international placement (oh he also speaks Japanese so it was easier for him). But just goes to show that placement depend as much on pro activeness of the candidates as the rep of the school.

Anyhow lets not hijack this LBS thread shall we :)

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 10:54
I got the bump as well and continue to hold out hope that a spot at LBS is more than just a pipe dream. They can't really drag this out until July can they? The chances of moving from off the WL to the admit column have to be infintesimal at this point

CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 17:50
There's 3 of us on WL on this forum alone - and considering the increase in apps across the world - I dont particularly like our chances :(

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2008, 23:42
Welcome to the boredom of LBS waitlist gnr464!

I fear that the LBS waitlist is a mystery. At this moment LBS doesn't seem to move people from the waitlist into the class. This will certainly change in July, since LBS actually admits a number of waitlisters to fill its class. The questions is who will the the lucky one(s)...

I will pay you both pints for an evening in London , if we get admitted...

cheers,

CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2008, 01:40
Haha thanks cat - like wise :)

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2008, 08:47
I'm not a particularly big fan of getting hung up on the statistics (they're pretty irrelevant if you're stellar, right? ;) ) but I have some figures on admits if you'd like to PM me. Judging from the FaceBook group (probably a fair--albeit not complete--representation of who's chosen to matriculate), I'd guess that there is probably another 100-150 seats, with 2 rounds left to go.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2008, 09:29
[quote="catgmat"]Welcome to the boredom of LBS waitlist gnr464!

I fear that the LBS waitlist is a mystery. At this moment LBS doesn't seem to move people from the waitlist into the class. This will certainly change in July, since LBS actually admits a number of waitlisters to fill its class. The questions is who will the the lucky one(s)...

I will pay you both pints for an evening in London , if we get admitted...

cheers,[/quote]

Thanks Cat, if somehow the improbable does come true - there will be rounds for all. And a few good cigars I would imagine as well.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 528 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2008, 13:58
I wish you all the best guys. I'll also volunteer to treat you to a pint should you come to LBS!

Best Regards,

Paul

Kudos [?]: 528 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2008, 00:30
Thanks Guys!

I look forward to sharing some pints with you in London...

cheers,

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2008, 00:30
Okay, upcoming Waitlist review R1 & R2 scheduled for 28th May and next Waitlist review R1, R2 & R3 scheduled for 27th June. The deposit/commitment fee must be paid by 20th June and this will reflect the definitive class size.

I know that our chances are not that bright, but at least one GMAT Clubber will hopefully get off that waitlist and into the class. I read many rumors about none available seats, increased application volume and waitlist ratios, but in fact we don't know. As long as AdCom is waitlisting people, and they actually did yesterday, there have to be seats available for us.

I really want to get into LBS, maybe I should pray for better Karma :lol:

Good luck & cheers!

CEO
CEO

Show Tags

New post 22 May 2008, 06:04
Oh dear .. thats six days away. I suspect they wont offer any further places till the final waitlist review in June :( Except maybe to far away overseas candidates (such as me). Good luck cat, hope there is some light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Re: LBS R1 roll call   [#permalink] 22 May 2008, 06:04

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 174 posts ] 

LBS R1 roll call

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap