Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: LBS R1 roll call [#permalink]
DING! :(

Good luck, BSD!

cheers,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
DING,

But special consideration next year.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Special consideration? That's not that bad, BSD! Since you want re-apply your chances are quite good. What are your other target schools?

However, I told LBS that I don't want to be reconsidered for next year. So I guess that my MBA application journey has come to an end. :shock:

All the best and good luck for your applications!

cheers,

bsd_lover wrote:
DING,

But special consideration next year.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Wharton Class of 2011
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Kudos
F..k!!!

This was the last thing I wanted to see tonight... :(

I can't even imagine how you feel, guys.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
:( I had my hopes up for you both too. I was hoping to have another GMATclubber on campus!

With luck, I'll perhaps see some of you in next year's class. :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
In a way I'm glad. I've just started a new role and had they admitted me now, the move would have been too much to handle in just 20 days.

They said that they'll give me a decision for next year by September 10th. I'd just have to submit an updated resume. I was going to reapply to LBS anyway, but I don't have to create a full application now.

Also, If I get an admit by September 10th, then that gives me peace of mind for a whole year. Heck I'll have time study for the CFA. If I decide to apply to other schools, they would be better than LBS (and not many of those around)...

Cat - which school will you attend now ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Fortunately, I am privileged to decide between Cranfield SOM and HEC Paris until end of this week due to installment dead lines. Although I want to work in UK, I think it will be HEC...What do you think?

I really hope that you make it into LBS next year's class!

cheers,
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [1]
Schools:St Gallen, Cambridge, HEC Montreal
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Kudos
catgmat wrote:
Fortunately, I am privileged to decide between Cranfield SOM and HEC Paris until end of this week due to installment dead lines. Although I want to work in UK, I think it will be HEC...What do you think?

I really hope that you make it into LBS next year's class!

cheers,

Hi,
I visited HEC Paris last year. They provide exchange programs with many top MBAs from other countries. And you could apply to spend the last term (I believe 4 months) at LBS. An HEC student who was going to to so told me that 10 of them applied to the LBS exchange and 4 were accepted.

Do you have an EU passport? If you don't, you may prefer an UK MBA if you want to work there: you will get work permit if you graduate from certain MBAs (HEC is not part of that list, but Cranfield is).

https://www.workpermit.com/uk/hsmp/mba_provision
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1538 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
HEC is a great school and I would probably favor it over Cranfield as it would sure give you better recognition both in France and internationally. It all depends what you want to do and where you want to work afterwards.

FYI, automatic HSMP provision for MBA is abolished since April 08. Thus, you do NOT have a work permit after school but however, you will apply under the "post-study work" provision of tier 1 application. If you apply within 12 months of graduation from a recognized UK institution/program, this should allow you to stay 2 years following graduation and give you enough points to apply for general tier 1 hsmp application thereafter.
https://www.workpermit.com/uk/uk-immigra ... y-work.htm

Although the process is now more complicated, it is still better than trying to find a visa under US policies.

Sorry to hear about LBS but things sure happen for a reason. I wish you best of luck in your future endeavors.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys, thank you very much!

I asked LBS for a final decision, because I cannot wait another year. So the DING after 7 months waitlist is OK. It seems like the class is complete. I just hope for the other waitlisters that LBS will not ding them in September, since usually LBS offers a deferred admit for next year?!

As European I will get easily a work permit in UK and HEC is well-known in UK. Moreover, I plan to apply for exchange with LBS or get a dual degree with LSE...

However, I read somewhere in the GmatClub that usually it is the school rather than the applicant who finds the match! :lol:

Good Karma and Kudos for your future!

cheers,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hey cat - the very best of luck for the future. NYU and HEC have very strong connections if you ever want to investigate that path. I agree with Paul that HEC has a stronger overall rep. With regards to LBS giving a decision in September, what exactly are they waiting for ? Its not like they are going to receive any new applications. Why not hand a deferred admit now ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi BSD,

I think that LBS re-scheduled its final decision for next year's intake for those applicants who can wait for another year (age & WE). By doing that applicants do not have to hand in a new application & interview, moreover applicants will not be in the new LBS pool next autumn. I assume that some waitlisters will be admitted and the others will be dinged in September.

Since you do not compete against this year's class anymore, your chances to be admitted may have risen (another assumption). I am sure that you will make it into next year's class!

Gosh, I really should apply for a position at LBS Adcom...

Good luck & cheers,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Haha cat, it does sound great when you put it that way. Although they've just asked me to send and updated resume, should I send in some new essays ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BSD,

If you can re-write and furthermore improve your essays, then I would do it. Do anything that strengthens your application, outlines your career plans and shows your commitment to LBS. Tell Adcom how passionate you are about LBS and studying in UK. Maybe you should even mention your re-take of GMAT and your plan to attend CFA.

I came across an LBS essay tipp by chance, maybe this helps:
https://blog.accepted.com/acceptedcom_bl ... lines.html

cheers,
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Dear bsd_lover,

On behalf of the London Business School Admissions Committee, I am delighted to offer you a place on the London Business School MBA Programme, for entry in August 2009 (MBA Class of 2011).

Your offer acknowledges the unique and individual attributes you possess and the great contributions we believe you will make to the MBA class and the School community.

We do hope that you will continue your commitment to pursuing a London Business School MBA and accept your offer to join us for MBA 2011.

We very much look forward to welcoming you to the London Business School community and hope that you will continue to keep in touch and let us know if you have any questions.

If your contact details change, please be sure to update us so that we can stay in touch.

We would like to offer you our sincere congratulations and look forward to meeting you in August 2009.

Kind regards
London Business School

Originally posted by bsd_lover on 10 Sep 2008, 13:51.
Last edited by bsd_lover on 10 Sep 2008, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 368 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Oxford
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Wow!
Congrats, BSD!

:woohoo
At last they acknowledged your dedication!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Thanks greenoak,

I think it may be a case of "last man standing" from all the waitlisters of 2008, good candidates like catgmat just moved on to other offers and I was left to compete with just me :). Anyway it'll be a LONG 12 months now. Maybe a long holiday / world trip is in the making - who knows. The news is still just sinking in for now.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9