Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 15:36 It is currently 08 May 2024, 15:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: M7Financial: Answering Q's About Student Loan Financing & Refinancing [#permalink]
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I am trying to figure out whether it's possible to get accepted into a Canadian part-time MBA program but then get denied for loans because you already have some existing lines of credit with loans on the (approx 5 - 10k), and only one income? Do most MBA students get funding one way or another through banks/grants e.t.c?

I am trying to decide if I should study or not and want to nail this down first (obviously).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: M7Financial: Answering Q's About Student Loan Financing & Refinancing [#permalink]
Thanks for the question.

There are many ways to finance an MBA. Examples may include any combination of savings, scholarships, private loans, government loans, family help, and employer sponsored programs. Preexisting debt does not necessarily preclude you from obtaining a loan.

I suggest you contact the admissions and financial aid offices of your prospective programs about financing alternatives including government loans, private loans as well as scholarships. While it is possible that a student could be accepted into an MBA program and then be unable to attend because of lack of financing; many overcome such financial hurdles to obtain an MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
GPA: 4
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
M7Financial: Answering Q's About Student Loan Financing & Refinancing [#permalink]
Hi, I wanted to see if you have any suggestions for students wanting to study part-time mba and do not have a US based co-signer. I recently got admited to NYU Stern Part Time program. Total cost of tuition is $120K and I opted for 2 year accelerated program. I am of Indian origin on H-1B visa - Green Card in process - so technically not a permanent resident yet. I have been in the country for over 12 years now...

Here's what I know so far:

NYU listed following lenders for international students (PT program) who don't have US co-signer.
- BAEF MBA Fellowship - only for Belgian citizens
- Canadian Student Loan - only for canadian
- Prodigy Finance - all international students, but once I filled out the application I found it was only applicable for Full Time and Executive programs

What other financing options are available to students specifically for NYU Stern PT program, without US based co-signer.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi I was wondering when the time is right to decide the sources of financing. Specifically, Columbia Business School asks you to provide an approximate funding program at the application stage itself. How specific must I be with the 'distribution' of my soures of financing while applying.
I am an international student (Indian Citizen working in Dubai). In terms of getting a US cosigner, that shouldn't be the greatest difficulty.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
With respect to sources of financing for part time international MBA students at NYU without a U.S. based cosigner, unfortunately I know of no other options other than those mentioned. If you have not done so already, if feasible, I suggest setting up a meeting with the program to discuss how other students in your situation have managed the financing requirements in the past. It could lead to some leads or resources.

With respect to how specific you need to be with your sources of funding, I suggest contacting the admissions office for guidance as to the required level of detail. It could be that you need not go beyond indicating that you have a U.S. based cosinger and intend to utilize student loans. Also, check out mbaMission for tips on enhancing your application. The stronger your application, the greater the possibility of receiving scholarships that will limit the amount of loans that you could need.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Any news about no cosigner options?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
I would be interested to learn about no consigner loan for international students as well...

Thanks

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
GMAT Club Bot