Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 04:34 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Ankit: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Mays (UT A&M) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
harshalchawla wrote:
goan wrote:
harshalchawla wrote:
Admitted...anyone else received acceptance?
Any idea when do they release the scholarship decisions?

wow!! congrats buddy.. I am yet to be interviewed :(

please share your interview experience..

Thanks goan!
I am sure your interview will be good too!...All the best!

Interview experience:

It majorly revolved around my decision to pursue undergraduate degree, and my experience during that time.
They actually probed a lot on it.
They also asked about my short-term goals and a strong reason to pursue my MBA at Mays.
Some generic questions on work experience.
Overall, it lasted for 37 minutes.
I'm a little bad at remembering things, so I don't remember the exact questions(my apologies), but I have mentioned the areas that they seemed most interested in.

Congrats!!!
Can you please share your profile.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
harshalchawla wrote:

Congrats Harsh!! Can you please tell me when had you applied, submitted your application?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.96
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
harshalchawla wrote:

Hey Harshalchawla, What was the time gap between your interview and the decision data. I was interviewed on 7th Nov and haven't received any commucation yet.. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.88
WE:Other (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Accepted!!!!! :-D Now the wait for scholarship info begins, hopefully it won't be too long. Anyone heard anything?????

Here's a quick timeline of events regarding my app.

Submitted Application: Oct 24
Interview Invite: Oct 31
Interviewed: Nov 21
Admittance Notification: Nov 27
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
BankXer wrote:
Accepted!!!!! :-D Now the wait for scholarship info begins, hopefully it won't be too long. Anyone heard anything?????

Here's a quick timeline of events regarding my app.

Submitted Application: Oct 24
Interview Invite: Oct 31
Interviewed: Nov 21
Admittance Notification: Nov 27

Congratulation mate! And thanks for sharing the timeline of events.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
harshalchawla wrote:
I was away from internet for a few days....apologies for the delay...

Application Submission Date: 15th September, 2013
Interview Notification Date: 16th October, 2013
Interview Date: 7th November, 2013
Interview Decision Date: 23rd November, 2013
Scholarship Decision Date: 27th November, 2013

Thanks Harsh for sharing the info!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats Harsh & BankXer!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
manugupta wrote:

Also, guys just wanted to confirm if the application status on the online application portal was changed to admitted or something post the acceptance email from the adcom office.

Is there any deadline by which R1 candidates will receive their final result?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
manugupta wrote:
manugupta wrote:

Also, guys just wanted to confirm if the application status on the online application portal was changed to admitted or something post the acceptance email from the adcom office.

I dont know about the deadline. As far as application status, I received an email indicating that my decision was available and could be accessed through the online application system. Once I logged in, there was a "Decision Status" link to a letter from the Associate Dean that indicated I was accepted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
harshalchawla wrote:
I was away from internet for a few days....apologies for the delay...

Application Submission Date: 15th September, 2013
Interview Notification Date: 16th October, 2013
Interview Date: 7th November, 2013
Interview Decision Date: 23rd November, 2013
Scholarship Decision Date: 27th November, 2013

Care to share any scholarship info? :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BankXer wrote:
manugupta wrote:
manugupta wrote:

I dont know about the deadline. As far as application status, I received an email indicating that my decision was available and could be accessed through the online application system. Once I logged in, there was a "Decision Status" link to a letter from the Associate Dean that indicated I was accepted.

Thanks for the prompt response... I guess I can only wait and hope for the best!! :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Olin '16 (A$)
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Got an interview invite on 28th Nov.
Submitted my application on 30th Oct.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
rgoyal082 wrote:
Got an interview invite on 28th Nov.
Submitted my application on 30th Oct.

Thanks for sharing!
Send PM
FROM Mays Admissions Blog: MKTG 489, I just might be in love with you.
If you are good enough friends with me or if you tend to see me on the daily basis, you will know that this is the time of year where I usually complain about everything. Apart from some College Station motorcycle police trying to bring me down, almost passing out and possibly breaking my pinking toe … I am really excited about my fall schedule.

I signed up for Mktg 489 elective very last minute. I was enticed by what it had to offer, an opportunity to participate in an individual fashion case study competition against other schools called the Fashion Scholarship Fund.

Actually having the professor go through the syllabus was even more exciting. I can’t believe that I am actually getting graded and getting school credit for something that I would like to do for fun regardless of the class.

For example, it is required that I subscribe to Women’s Wear Daily and do reports on current happenings in the fashion business world or other realms that effect it. I already was subscribed, but now that I get a great yearly rate … it just makes it all the merrier.

Apparently, we will receive our case in the next 2 weeks and have everything finalized and submitted to NYC by December. The  judges will pick 5 winners from all applicants in the participating schools around the nation to win $5,000 scholarships and advance to the second round.

My other class I am pretty excited about is the random class I picked to fulfill my international credit – a graduate class on Asian government and politics. It sounded interesting, so I hope I’m not getting too ahead of myself.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
FROM Mays Admissions Blog: I Wanna Be a Millionaire…Again
Right now I am on my bed with a pile of textbooks sitting next to me. The first week of classes is officially over and I am already behind on my work. The main reason I am behind is because every time I try to read a chapter of Strategic Management, my mind wanders back to my adventures over the summer. My body may be in College Station, but right now my mind is still resting on the beaches of Bali, Indonesia…

As our tour van left the airport, I did not know what to expect. I did not do any research online on Bali, so I knew nothing about our new destination. Organized chaos best describes what I saw. The roads were crammed with cars and motorbikes. Motorbikes were zooming past our van and driving around oncoming traffic. Mothers were holding their children with one hand and driving with the other. We even saw a man holding a ladder under his arm while steering his bike. As a tourist, I was amazed by what I saw, but for the locals this was just their daily commute.

Indonesia is a predominantly Islamic country, but over 90% of the population of Bali is Hindu. The island is home to many Hindu temples and is nicknamed the “Island of 1000 Temples.” Our group was led by a professional tour guide, so we got to visit a lot of the major attractions. To be honest I have too many stories and pictures of Bali to cram into one blog, but thankfully my friend Wenet made a five minute video that pretty much summed up the entire trip.

If you watched the video, you probably noticed the dark colored “frisky” animals at the coffee plantation. At this point you may be asking yourself “why are there dark colored “frisky” animals at the coffee plantation?” These animals are actually Asian Palm Civets and are basically mini-factories. Coffee beans go into the Civets as “input”, are “processed”, and then a few hours later you gather the “output”. The newly transformed coffee beans are then washed, dried, roasted, and brewed. This crazy concoction is called Kopi Luwak and is considered a delicacy. After seeing the Civets at work, I made sure to drink an “unprocessed” cup of hot chocolate.

After a long day of sightseeing, two of the other students and I went to a fish spa. Basically, at the spa there are large tanks with many small fish inside called garra rufa, or doctor fish. After paying a small fee, you put your feet inside the tank and the toothless fish nibble at your skin. The fish slowly eat away your dead skin and leave a nice smooth layer. It’s kind of hard to describe the feeling of hundreds of fish biting your feet, but it is actually very nice. Be warned: if you are ticklish, you will laugh the entire time. When the spa is over, your feet will feel as smooth as a baby’s bottom.

On our last day in Bali, we stayed on the beach most of the day and took surfing lessons. Our instructor was a local and was a very nice guy. In fact most of the people in Bali are rather hospitable individuals. Sadly, the tourism industry in Bali took a huge hit after the bombings several years ago, but things are starting to look up. I definitely wouldn’t mind returning to the island one day and since the exchange rate is $1 = 9,015 rupiah, it may be one day soon.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
FROM Mays Admissions Blog: Aggie Ring Day: Finally Mine
As I am writing this blog, I’ve noticed that I am typing a lot slower because there is a shiny chunk of gold weighing down one of my fingers. I’ve never worn a ring before, so I am kind of surprised that I’m finding it so hard to take my ring off and put it away. I have gone to a couple of Aggie Ring days before, but last Friday it was finally my turn to wait in line for my little maroon box.

This is technically only the beginning of my third year at Texas A&M, but thanks to many dual credit hours and summer school, I got to order my ring a year early. After I ordered my ring, the Association of Former Students gave me a calendar that counted down the days until Ring day. I went ahead and threw it away because 1) counting down the days would only drive me crazy and 2) I already had the countdown going in my head.

On Ring day my family and I stepped off of the Aggie Ring Shuttle to see a sea of Aggies eagerly waiting to get their rings. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity (probably about 30 minutes), I was finally the next person in line. When my mother gave me my ring, I tuned out the rest of the world. The ring lady told me to inspect my ring to make sure that my name and class year were correct, but I just stared at the eagle and number twelve right below it.

After I got my ring, I took a ton of pictures and ran into a lot of people that I knew. It was amazing how many people were getting their rings or attending a friend’s Ring day. The Aggie Ring is much more than a shiny chunk of metal; it is a symbol that shows that you are part of the Aggie network.  From now on, I can proudly wear my ring and let everyone know that I am an Aggie.
Send PM
FROM Mays Admissions Blog: And job hunting season begins …
Like all other seniors, I have started hunting for a job.

I’m torn between my desire to live in a fabulous big city and experience everything it has to offer, while having $0 of saving and using every penny of my salary to pay for my ridiculously expensive rent.

OR living in Texas for 2 more years and possibly start saving money for graduate school.

Of course, my primary objective is to line up job offers first. I have already submitted some applications that have already ended their application deadlines. However, some companies are telling me to wait until Spring semester to apply. That just seems way to late for me, especially since I have already started thinking about what I want to do in the summer.

Like many others, I want to travel the world after I graduate. However, I’m not sure if I’m going to enjoy the “sitting around doing nothing” time in between school, my travels and starting my new job. Somehow, my Dad got an idea into my head about interning in Hong Kong. I’m not really sure where to begin looking for a Hong Kong internship. However, it would be such a great opportunity and so much fun to experience the city.

So … I have a lot of work and job/internship hunting to do! It will be an interesting process …
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts