Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 09:32 It is currently 07 May 2024, 09:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [1]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 1310 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Mba.com || Money deducted from credit card but exam payment failed [#permalink]
Karthik No response from GMAC team. All of my 4 transactions were successfully completed by Bank. But still the transaction failed from GMAC end. I don't know whether the amount will be refunded or not.
Did you receive any response?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4667 [0]
Given Kudos: 634
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Mba.com || Money deducted from credit card but exam payment failed [#permalink]
Expert Reply
neelamnath54 wrote:
Karthik No response from GMAC team. All of my 4 transactions were successfully completed by Bank. But still the transaction failed from GMAC end. I don't know whether the amount will be refunded or not.
Did you receive any response?

Hi neelamnath54,

The amount(s) will definitely be refunded, either automatically or by the Pearson customer service team. Try calling them up during business hours.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73100 [0]
Given Kudos: 18932
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Wow. This is pretty interesting/crazy/strange.

I am sure it will get resolved but stressful nevertheless. 😬😬😬

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks so much for your feedback. Did you try to book the test just in the last few days?

kntombat wrote:
bb, the same has happened with me twice.
I wrote them a mail twice, no response from them.
Chatted with someone named Alize on their customer service chat, and she said book my calling on the number,
Tried calling today twice and no one picked up either
The best part is the recorded message says that for processing any service request via customer service agent then we will be charged 10$
Their website is a mess and they want to charge us 10$ for a mistake on their behalf
Bizarre.

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
vidgupta wrote:
kntombat wrote:
bb, yes I tried once yesterday, and once today.
Both time the same error has come.

Reach out to the PeasronVUE hotline, 0120 439 7830 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm). You can also consider dropping an email to customercareGmat and GMATCandidateServicesAPACpearson

I had faced the same issue and got the booking done via the hotline.

So it sounds like the for the time being the only option to book a GMAT test is via the phone?
Is that what I am gathering? Is that the right inference? :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 467
Send PM
yashikaaggarwal wrote:
Sorry to hear that. Try mailing GMAC showing your deducted amount. The debited money must have the GMAC name in the notification. Let's hope you either get your refund or exam schedule date. :)

Thank you Yashika
By any chance do you have the email id for GMAC as I could not find something online
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
In my experience, the best and most efficient email address I have found with GMAC is socialmedia@mba.com

You can also try contacting them through Twitter or any other social network of your choice. The modern world is pretty messed up and you can get faster support through a text message rather than a phone call 😂

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
bb wrote:
vidgupta wrote:
kntombat wrote:
bb, yes I tried once yesterday, and once today.
Both time the same error has come.

Reach out to the PeasronVUE hotline, 0120 439 7830 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm). You can also consider dropping an email to customercareGmat and GMATCandidateServicesAPACpearson

I had faced the same issue and got the booking done via the hotline.

So it sounds like the for the time being the only option to book a GMAT test is via the phone?
Is that what I am gathering? Is that the right inference? :|

This was the only thing that worked for me unfortunately.
I was too afraid to try going through the booking process via the site, after 2 unsuccessful bookings post-transaction.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 1
Send PM
Failed twice for me as well but the money is deducted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 1
Send PM
How does booking by phone work? what details are required?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Rich,
I made 3 transactions 72 hours ago.
Emailing GMAC has not helped.
Regarding the processing part - the bank says that it has not received a failure nor a success response so the $275 is held and it would be resolved offline. I tried my blind luck by claiming for a chargeback on the credit cards ( i had to email the credit card team and raise a dispute ) so I got back my 2 payments and only 1 is on hold.
My dad is a lawyer and works for banks as a consultant, he told me that it could take any where between a week to 3 months to settle it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
neelamnath54 wrote:
I have tried payment 5 times. Money was deducted from my credit card and following error message is displayed -
"For security reasons, your session has been deactivated. This typically happens when no activity has been detected for a certain period of time. Please start again"

The payment was done in few seconds but still the same message displayed every time.
I sent a mail to GMAT customer support but did not receive any response.
I need to book the appointment also and get refund of my 5 transaction amount.
Please help and guide.

Hi
Please contact your bank and ask for a dispute and chargeback process.
2 / 3 payments that i made are refunded as of today
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi vyom001,

How long ago did you attempt this transaction (was it today? was it several days ago? etc.)? If there was an 'issue' with the transaction, then your Credit Card company likely either sent you an email (make sure to check your Spam/Junk folder) or attempted to contact you by phone (or both). If you did not receive this type of response, then it's likely that the transaction simply has not been fully processed yet - meaning that GMAC is awaiting formal payment from the issuing bank before sending you confirmation of your appointment. You might consider contacting your Credit Card's Customer Service line to confirm what is happening.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Hi Rich,
I made 3 transactions 72 hours ago.
Emailing GMAC has not helped.
Regarding the processing part - the bank says that it has not received a failure nor a success response so the $275 is held and it would be resolved offline. I tried my blind luck by claiming for a chargeback on the credit cards ( i had to email the credit card team and raise a dispute ) so I got back my 2 payments and only 1 is on hold.
My dad is a lawyer and works for banks as a consultant, he told me that it could take any where between a week to 3 months to settle it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
killshot3 wrote:
Failed twice for me as well but the money is deducted.

Hi
Please contact your bank and ask for a dispute and chargeback process.
2 / 3 payments that i made are refunded as of today
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
It does seem pretty silly that they still continue to allow registrations and collecting payment while not being able to actually deliver. It seems it would be a better customer experience if they had suspended appointment booking and directed everyone to use the phone … But what do I know 🤷‍♂️

Intern
Intern
Send PM
sethiamehul14 wrote:
While trying to book a slot for GMAT, I was getting the same error as everyone else, right after submitting the payment details. I tried with both debit and credit cards, and both have international transactions enabled. I had used the same cards for purchasing the official mocks. Not sure what the issue is. I am not sure what I am missing or why the transaction isn't processing forward.

I tried multiple times yesterday as well, with multiple cards, to book my slot for the exam. I have also tried booking on a call with the help of the customer care team, still, all transactions have declined.

I raised this grievance to all gmac/mba.com/Pearson Vue support email ids, but havent got any response from them in the last 72 hours.

Despite multiple follow ups and attempts to book the exam, the response from the GMAC/Pearson Vue team has been extremely poor and frustrating. A minor technical glitch is taking so long to resolve, clearly showing the incapabilities of a prestigious global institution. Excuse the agony, but this kind of support/response is intolerable.

Hi
My personal recommendation would be to claim for a charge back or raise dispute with bank
I got my 2/3 payments back in a similar way
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can you anyone tell the process of booking through call??
Also what are the chances that it will work? I already have exhausted a fair portion of credit limit because of this issue.
Isn't sharing of credit card details risky?
I mean to say that they can mis-use it.
Please help.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3