Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:17 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: MBA scholarship at top business schools question [#permalink]
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
mbacha wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi mbacha,
I agree this is the most comprehensive info I've seen currently- but I disagree that the info is outdated- if anything the arms race for getting talent is intensifying and so all the schools listing fellowships are likely to have only increased. And you don't need to know the specifics- just that they have money available. The way to get this money is to be tops in the admit pool so look at the stats for the schools you target: Duke, UCLA, CMU, UNC and honestly assess if you are above.
I have a long background from UNC so I will use that as an example for you- If the avg GMAT is hovering around 700 and change, then you will need to be significantly above this - depending on your pool- to catch the attention of the program, same for your work experience- do you bring a brand name employer, contacts on the west coast to trendy tech employers? Something... you need something a bit more interesting than the avg accountant or IT professional. And you need to have at least 4 yrs but not so much that you become a recruiting liability-- which happens somewhere after yr 8 post undergrad. Also assess if you have something unique in terms of contributions to community? And if you present with a compelling story and have the stats to match, you may be in scholarship range- I'd focus on what I can control- which is working on answers to the above... and not worrying too much about getting the very latest scholarship data as ultimately you need to spend time to present yourself in best light.
Was searching on the web and the best link I can find regarding MBA scholarship at top business schools is from poetsandquants:

https://poetsandquants.com/2014/11/20/mb ... schools/2/

However the information dated back to 2014 and certainly has been outdated.

Now may I know if you have any guidance on the top MBA that offers good scholarship (I was thinking maybe the easiest way will be to compare the total scholarship fund of each school).

I am particularly interested in Duke, UCLA, CMU, UNC hence will be grateful if I may receive scholarship information of these schools.

Thank you!

Thanks for your answer. I'm asking since I realize that the tuition in most of these schools have gone up significantly since the last time this survey was done. I do see certain school(s) also gives less scholarship. Olin is an example when I applied last year. Around this forum I have seen a thread saying Booth has lots of money on the table, but don't really know about the rest in top 20
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA scholarship at top business schools question [#permalink]