Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 19:26 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 19:26
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10304 [29]
Given Kudos: 4559
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 478 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Periko,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. To begin with, your undergrad GPA is good. On the work front, your professional experience must demonstrate some of your skills, such as leadership, innovation, and the impact you brought. Along with this, aim to take on some leadership roles during your internship since this will help you add leadership attributes to your profile. Your post-mim goals make sense. You must align your goals with your prior work experience, demonstrate your enthusiasm for it, and describe how mim from a specific b-school would help you reach your goals.

In response to your question, a strong GMAT score does help strengthen a business school application. In addition, it will significantly tilt the decision in your favor because it provides a solid picture of your ability. Therefore, I recommend taking the GMAT to improve your possibility of being selected.

However, below is a list of some MiM programs that do not require the GMAT:
1) NUS
2) IE
3) Drew university
4) Northeastern University
5) USC Marshall
6) University of Edinburgh business school
And so on.

You can apply to these schools, but you must ensure that your profile is good enough in the following areas:

1) Academic performance
2) Work experience and abilities
3) Volunteering and extracurricular activities
4) International experience

According to the aspects listed above, you will need to focus on ECs and international exposure to get into your dream school without a GMAT and write a great story to put the mark on the AdComs. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and help you make an informed decision. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Webinar on how to tackle your MIM Applications

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Periko wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am undergrad in Business Administration and am now looking at MIM/MIF programs. I have a few programs that interest me, but not sure about my chances with any of them, so any comments, ideas and recommendations will help.

Profile:
Undergrad: 3.7GPA (from non-target University in France (majors inFinance))
No GMAT for the moment I would want to know all possibilities without or if you advice me to do it.
Big4 Audit Internship
At time of application roughly 6 months full time work experience at a Nomura in asset management team. I have a summer internship at GS.
Plan is to work to IB or Asset management after graduation (most likely in Europe, but possibly in the US)

What do you guys think?
I am preparing the GMAT but I am not very optimistic for my final result so I would want to know the options for a Ms finance without gmat in case.

Thank you guys so much! I appreciate the help!

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Andre06,

Thanks for your post

First of all, I would like to say that you have a robust profile a good amount of internship experience, and your ECAs are the highlights of your strong profile. Coming to your GMAT, if you score 650+ in your GMAT, it would be a great add-on, as you do have a diverse profile otherwise.

About your internships and ECAs, you have a solid foundation in both; all you need is some fine-tuning to highlight the relevant skills developed, leadership roles played, and the impact generated. Selection in Bocconi is based on three key factors- the results of the GMAT (or GRE), the GPA in the Undergraduate Program, and the Evaluation of the CV/ Resume and Personal statement. So in order to overshadow your GPA, you will need a good GMAT score and a finely tuned profile to increase your chances at the school.

Also, you have an option to upload a video statement. This could be a game-changer as you could describe how you will contribute to the MIM program and add the personal experience of success & leadership and your learnings during your internship tenure. This is where we could help you create an impact by mesmerizing the adcom!

To answer your question, the biggest number of applicants are received in the first and second round, and competition is strong when comparing round two and round one candidates collectively. Therefore, to give yourself a fair shot in later rounds, you must back up your application with good essays, LORs, and SOP.

What will matter most in your profile is how you connect the dots and craft an impactful narrative. Hence, If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the schools. So feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Webinar on how to tackle your MIM Applications

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

Andre06 wrote:
Hi there !

Hope you guys can help me with my application !

I am 24 years old and I come from France.
I have a master 1 in business law from the university Paris 2 Panthéon Assas (very well known in France as the best law university in the country).

My GPA is pretty low, about 2.33/4. This is due to the very strict grading of the university I was in. I am in the year of preparation to pass the bar in Paris and become a lawyer and I would like to have knowledge in management in order to work in large international groups.

I did two internships of about 6 months each in law firms specialized in business law, tax law and corporate law in Paris.

I was a member of a TedX association as a speaker. I have created and run an e-commerce store for three years as a self-employed entrepreneur.
I regularly appear on French TV as a citizen observer on a news channel in order to give my opinion on politics and some societal issues.

I speak French, English and I get by in Spanish and Portuguese.

I was a finalist in a famous eloquence competition in Paris.

● Scores

- GMAT : I’m taking it in 10 days, I hope to get at least 630/640. I've been preparing for 1 month and I work 3/4 hours a day.
- 6.5 IELTS (I passed it last year without any preparation, I am sure I can do better)

● Target schools

- Bocconi MIM is my top 1 choice

Could you give me your opinion on my profile ?

Do I have a chance of being accepted at Bocconi?

What is the ideal score I should aim for on the GMAT?

And finally, what other Masters in Management or equivalent would you advise me to apply for? (even though I know I'm a bit late in applying because many deadlines have passed).

ps: do you think that the choice of rounds at Bocconi has an impact on the chances of being accepted or not?

Thank you so much for your help ! :blushing:
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi flyingadn,

Thank you for the post!

First, I need you to understand a few major aspects of MiM. Usually, candidates who pursue MIM programs are people with less to no experience. Hence someone with 7+ years of work experience should go for MBA with a specialization in finance.

So, my suggestion would be to look for MBA programs specializing in finance as you have a decent GMAT score and a good amount of work experience to get into top B-schools. I agree it would require re-strategizing your entire game plan in order to tilt it in the direction of an MBA. However, it won’t be convincing enough for someone with 7+ years of experience in product management to switch industries based on a MiF degree alone.

I am positive that we could help you back a seat in top B-schools for the MBA program; however, we would require more in-depth information about your work experience, personal & professional accolades, ECAs, start-up, and volunteering experience if any!

Hence, If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the schools. So feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

flyingadn wrote:
Dear Experts / All,
Please find my profile below.

Nationality: Indian
College: IIT Roorkee
Degree: B.Tech
Work experience: 7+ years, in startups and Product Manager. Have started up a firm earlier.
GMAT: 700 (Quant 51)
No Work experience in finance directly. Interested in MiF, or MiM in finance.
My Maths is strong from earlier, and I have interest in Finance and want to do MiF, MiM to enter the finance domain. But as mentioned, no experience in finance.
I wanted to understand, are colleges open to consider relatively older candidates such as myself for the same. Which colleges should I try, that have higher chances?

I would be thankful for any response, feedback, comment.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Narenn wrote:

!
Hi Guys, This is a Master thread for all profile evaluation requests for MiM applications. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Suggested Template
Background and nationality
Undergrad Information
GMAT/GRE
Work experience and leadership
Community and others
Post Master goals
Anything else?

I have completed my B Tech in IT from VIT College Pune India in 2021 having a CGPA 8.25 with one backlog which was cleared
Currently I am working as a Software Engineer with 8 months of experience
I have worked in various clubs during college time such as Finance coordinator for students council, Finance co head in MUN,
Startup connect head in Entrepreneurship development cell and also operations Secratary for one semester in Entrepreneurship development cell
I have done btech project which was sponsored by Persistent systems (MNC) also I did a sales and marketing internship in my first year
I am yet to give GRE OR GMAT Exam and I am looking for MIM and MSC courses also I would like to know if it is useful to do a one year msc course in marketing or msc in management from UK as I have 0 business exposure in my undergrad and also tell that is it better to give gre or gmat
I am looking for colleges like HEC ESSEC EPC NUS Alliance Manchester

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, Aayuag,

Thanks for the post!

First of all, I would like you to understand that you are targeting top B-Schools for your Master’s; hence you would require to align your profile so that you stand apart from the crowd. Now coming to your profile, you do have an appropriate amount of experience required for MIM and also have some interesting extracurriculars. So what I want you to do is use these ECAs as examples in your B-school essay to showcase your technical prowess, your leadership potential, the challenges faced, and the impact created (by overcoming the challenges)

Regarding GMAT and GRE, that’s solely a personal choice as both GRE and GMAT are necessary and have their own pros and cons. However, we suggest you read our article on GMAT vs. GRE for MBA Application? This would most certainly help provide insights about both GRE and GMAT as the exam is similar for both MBA and MiM.

As you already have done a sales and marketing internship in your first year, I won’t say you have zero business exposure; however, a one-year MSc course in marketing or MSc in management would definitely provide an unimaginable boost for your career. All you require to do is try to connect dots and form a network interlinking your goals, ECA, experience to draft mesmerizing essays. That’s all about your profile; if you’d like to get a more detailed analysis of your profile regarding HEC ESSEC EPC NUS Alliance Manchester, Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

Aayuag wrote:
Narenn wrote:

!
Hi Guys, This is a Master thread for all profile evaluation requests for MiM applications. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Suggested Template
Undergrad Information
GMAT/GRE
Community and others
Post Master goals
Anything else?

I have completed my B Tech in IT from VIT College Pune India in 2021 having a CGPA 8.25 with one backlog which was cleared
I have worked in various clubs during college time such as Finance coordinator for students council, Finance co head in MUN,
Startup connect head in Entrepreneurship development cell and also operations Secratary for one semester in Entrepreneurship development cell
I have done btech project which was sponsored by Persistent systems (MNC) also I did a sales and marketing internship in my first year
I am yet to give GRE OR GMAT Exam and I am looking for MIM and MSC courses also I would like to know if it is useful to do a one year msc course in marketing or msc in management from UK as I have 0 business exposure in my undergrad and also tell that is it better to give gre or gmat

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 735 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Aayuag wrote:
Narenn wrote:

!

Suggested Template
Undergrad Information
GMAT/GRE
Community and others
Post Master goals
Anything else?

Hi Aayuag , My advice for you is to play on your strengths and focus on highlighting your leadership potential. A CGPA of 8.25 is decent and you may not necessarily have to show all mark sheets (depends on the school). Now you must focus on getting a solid GMAT/GRE (Either is ok, try to target >90th percentile) score to ensure that you remain competitive in a large pool of applicants. It seems that you were actively involved in college initiatives in the student council and entrepreneurship cell. This is good. On top of this, you also have professional experience in the form of internships and a real job as an engineer. You could certainly draw insights from having handled projects in a functional role and demonstrating management and business acumen. I do not think you have any deal-breaking weak points but you would have to work hard to build a strong narrative and show motivation for the MiM program.

You should also deliberate over whether you would like to go for a specific marketing course or a more generalist management and strategy course which would help you explore a wider set of opportunities. Think about what you would like to do in the long term and then reflect on capabilities that you need to acquire through experience in the midterm and short term. Chalk out potential paths that would help you attain your long-term goals. Showing maturity in your thought process would certainly set you apart.

Some community experience or diversity initiatives would be nice to have.

If you wish to seek professional guidance on application strategy feel free to reach out.
Best wishes
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello, I'd like to have a profile evaluation:

French but did my high school in Venezuela and my undergraduate in Canada, I had the chance to visit the USA to learn English when I was in High school and to do a semester abroad in Asia during my undergraduate

Academic
Graduated in Business administration ( BBA ) from a top Canadian school in 2021 with a CGPA of ( 3.09/4.3) and a last year GPA ( specialization ) of 3.4/4.3
passing the Gmat soon and expecting a good score hopefully

I have passed an online course centered on Big data trough UCsan Diego EDX platform

Previous work experience:
6 month full-time internship as Digital marketing intern
3 months full time experience in a French global firm in Latin America ( half of it in Spanish )
launched a drop shipping website during the quarantine and made dozens of sale starting from scratch

target school : 1# ESCP MIM , 2#Bocconi Msc international management , IE MIM , EDHEC MIM , EM Lyon mim

My ultimate goal is ESCP

appart from this consideration , how would you evaluate my chance of getting interviewed or admitted to the cited schools

thanks you very much

Originally posted by croucou on 06 Apr 2022, 08:24.
Last edited by croucou on 18 Apr 2022, 20:27, edited 2 times in total.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi croucou,

Thank you for sharing your profile. To begin with, you have a strong GMAT score, which can help you compensate for your GPA. Your overall profile appears to be quite solid, supported by international experience, leadership skills, and so on. For a good MiM application, you should focus on the following five elements:

1) Show practical work experience
2) Good academics
3) Leadership
4) Clear goals
5) Good LOR’s

You must represent yourself, demonstrate your potential, expertise, achievements, and creativity in your essay, and write an outstanding application. To summarise, your GPA is decent, and you should concentrate on your application. Applicants with international experience and multicultural backgrounds, whether personal, professional, or both, are valued by ESCP. The greatest approach for you to stand out is to demonstrate how interested you are and why you want to study in Europe in your CV, personal statement, and essays. What’s going to matter most in your profile is how you connect the dots and draft an amazing narrative. If you’d like, we are happy to get on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the schools. Feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Let's here strategies from Fuqua & Columbia admits to crack Early Action Rounds

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Bonjour croucou , hope you are doing well.

If you can give a plausible explanation for your mediocre performance (perhaps due to involvement in ECs, part-time work etc), and request the school to consider your GMAT as the true measure of your academic capability, you could stand a decent chance.
For MiM programs the schools review the applications in a holistic way weighing several criteria such as academic inclination, leadership capabilities, motivation to work internationally, and ability to contribute to the classroom discussions in a meaningful manner. Make sure you hit the mark for each of the aforementioned aspects in your essay narrative as well as LORs.

Another very powerful skill that you could demonstrate to persuade the admissions committee is your ability to network and draw meaningful insights about the program and how it would benefit you. Connect with alumni you could look up to, or perhaps potential recruiters you may be interested in working for at a later stage and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your profile and your roadmap towards post-MiM goals. Make a strong impression and use a part of your essays as an opportunity to highlight your motivation, post discussions you have with the alumni and recruiters (name a few folks and mention how the discussion gave you confidence).
Rather than dwelling on the worst-case scenario for the rest of the time period, be proactive and network, gather insights and deliver an exceptional application that the schools cannot ignore.

Best wishes
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Schools: LBS MiM "23
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi, can you please evaluate my profile for the MIM program?

Target universities: LBS, HEC, ESSEC, and any other colleges in which you think I have a chance of getting an admit

Can you please evaluate my profile for the purpose of the last round( Round 5) of the above-mentioned universities and also for Round 1 for next year's admission.

I gave my GMAT on 11th April 2022, and scored 690(Q47, V38) but a miserable IR score of 2.

I am an Indian law graduate (5-year integrated course BA. LLB) from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University scored a rank of 406 in IPU common entrance Test

My CGPA was 7.3/10 and in terms of percentage it was 73% which according to the GMAC conversion table is a 4 GPA, I have interned at PepsiCo India Limited, Aditya Birla finance limited ( one of the businesses of the big brand conglomerate in India), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation of India( Most revenue Generating PSU of India- Maharatna Status), Luthra& Luthra(One of the top tier 1 firm in India), and at Supreme court of India.

I also have completed a free certificate course related to patent law from World intellectual property organization. In school I won a Gold medal in the international science Olympiad, I was also awarded a certificate of being a batch topper for scoring 95/100 in biology. In college, I have 3 to 4 volunteering experiences and also certificates for the same.

I have been working under a Supreme court lawyer for the past 8-9 months.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
HarshGupta08 wrote:

Target universities: LBS, HEC, ESSEC, and any other colleges in which you think I have a chance of getting an admit

Can you please evaluate my profile for the purpose of the last round( Round 5) of the above-mentioned universities and also for Round 1 for next year's admission.

I gave my GMAT on 11th April 2022, and scored 690(Q47, V38) but a miserable IR score of 2.

I am an Indian law graduate (5-year integrated course BA. LLB) from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University scored a rank of 406 in IPU common entrance Test

My CGPA was 7.3/10 and in terms of percentage it was 73% which according to the GMAC conversion table is a 4 GPA, I have interned at PepsiCo India Limited, Aditya Birla finance limited ( one of the businesses of the big brand conglomerate in India), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation of India( Most revenue Generating PSU of India- Maharatna Status), Luthra& Luthra(One of the top tier 1 firm in India), and at Supreme court of India.

I also have completed a free certificate course related to patent law from World intellectual property organization. In school I won a Gold medal in the international science Olympiad, I was also awarded a certificate of being a batch topper for scoring 95/100 in biology. In college, I have 3 to 4 volunteering experiences and also certificates for the same.

Hi HarshGupta08 , hope you are well

You do have a competitive profile for an Indian applicant, even when applying to the late rounds, however, the schools may not be happy about your IR score.

The plethora of internships and your differentiated background in law are the highlights of your profile for me. I suggest you have a compelling post-MiM goal plan that leverages your prior experience and seems logical for achieving your long-term goals.
Needless to say that a stellar narrative that highlights your industry exposure, leadership skills, diversity and community initiatives, academic inclination, and ability to contribute to the program will get you through the shortlists for these schools.

A school ideally would not let go of a great candidate such as you if you can reasonably explain your low IR score. But if there's a chance you can improve your IR score and then apply, I think you are set up for success in the admissions process.

Best wishes
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Schools: LBS MiM "23
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:
HarshGupta08 wrote:

You do have a competitive profile for an Indian applicant, even when applying to the late rounds, however, the schools may not be happy about your IR score.

The plethora of internships and your differentiated background in law are the highlights of your profile for me. I suggest you have a compelling post-MiM goal plan that leverages your prior experience and seems logical for achieving your long-term goals.
Needless to say that a stellar narrative that highlights your industry exposure, leadership skills, diversity and community initiatives, academic inclination, and ability to contribute to the program will get you through the shortlists for these schools.

A school ideally would not let go of a great candidate such as you if you can reasonably explain your low IR score. But if there's a chance you can improve your IR score and then apply, I think you are set up for success in the admissions process.

Best wishes

Thank you so much for the reply but I still want to ask whether IR score will really matter so much.. During Covid, I even organized an All India online legal quiz in which 200 students from different states participated.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
HarshGupta08 wrote:
MBAGuide wrote:
HarshGupta08 wrote:

Best wishes

Thank you so much for the reply but I still want to ask whether IR score will really matter so much.. During Covid, I even organized an All India online legal quiz in which 200 students from different states participated.

HarshGupta08 , only the schools would be able to tell if your IR score made all the difference in the end, but it most certainly will raise a red flag in the minds of the adcom.

It is best if you can try and get feedback directly from the schools admissions office and accordingly take actions to address concerns.

Hope this helps
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: EDHEC (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
Send PM
Hi everyone, could you help me with a profile evaluation? I am planning to apply to the MiM of two universities in France: EDHEC and TBS (Toulouse Business School):

- I am 22 years old, I am from Venezuela and I just received my Bachelor in Business Administration (a 4-year program).
- My CGPA was 8.21/10 and in terms of percentage it was 82.1% which according to the GMAC conversion table is a 4 GPA. I ranked No. 4 of my class out of the other 53 graduates.
- I took the GMAT last week and got 640 (42Q, 36V, 5IR, waiting for the score of the AWA).
- My TOELF score is 97/120.
- During my studies I did a 6-month internship at Telefónica (a major Spanish telecommunications company). I mainly managed some projects for their Foundation and supported the external communications.
- Also I was Professor Assistant of the couse "Finance I" at my university. I prepared classes for students and help them with their questions about concepts or class problems.
- I have 2 volunteer work experiences.
- My goal: I want to specialize in Finance, but I am planning to MiM programs because I feel that I don't have enough experience to apply to MSc in Finance yet.

Thanks!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 735 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
paocane wrote:
Hi everyone, could you help me with a profile evaluation? I am planning to apply to the MiM of two universities in France: EDHEC and TBS (Toulouse Business School):

- I am 22 years old, I am from Venezuela and I just received my Bachelor in Business Administration (a 4-year program).
- My CGPA was 8.21/10 and in terms of percentage it was 82.1% which according to the GMAC conversion table is a 4 GPA. I ranked No. 4 of my class out of the other 53 graduates.
- I took the GMAT last week and got 640 (42Q, 36V, 5IR, waiting for the score of the AWA).
- During my studies I did a 6-month internship at Telefónica (a major Spanish telecommunications company). I mainly managed some projects for their Foundation and supported the external communications.
- Also I was Professor Assistant of the couse "Finance I" at my university. I prepared classes for students and help them with their questions about concepts or class problems.
- My goal: I want to specialize in Finance, but I am planning to MiM programs because I feel that I don't have enough experience to apply to MSc in Finance yet.

Thanks!

Hello paocane hope you are doing well

My two cents- Fairly decent profile and you have a good chance of getting an admit especially since you are from Venezuela (an under-represented nationality in business schools). Make sure you demonstrate strong leadership capability, an agile personality, motivation to fast track your career, and a conscientious career plan in your essays to present a strong case for your candidacy.

I think you are wise in your decision not to consider MSc at this point since by doing a MiM program which can be a much longer course, you would also be mitigating the risk of not finding a job immediately in foreign geography. MiM is a general management course that would enable you to explore a variety of roles if you plan to work in France/EU after. Your options would be extremely limited after an MSc Finance at this point.

Best wishes to you
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, paocane,

Thank you for your post!

First of all, you have a great GPA, ranked 4th in class, and have a decent GMAT score. Hence academically, your profile seems quite strong! Now coming to your work experience, you did an internship at Telefónica and also were an assistant; now, what I want you to do is highlight relevant skills developed, critical projects, your role & responsibilities, and professional accolades, if any.

About your ECAs, you need to add more information about them so that you can bank upon them. Hence you need to add information about the challenges faced, relevant skills developed, leadership roles played, and the impact generated!

Overall, you have a robust profile for MiM; also, as you are not from an overrepresented pool, your chances are fairly high. Make sure you demonstrate strong passion, motivation, strong character, and intellect to present an overall strong case for your candidacy. Going for a MiM course is a smart choice as you get enough exposure to fundamentals of business and your options are diversified; moreover, it would also provide an unimaginable boost to your resume during job interviews and selection. That’s all for now; if you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to EDHEC and TBS, feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

paocane wrote:

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone!

Hope you guys can help me get into my dream schools.

● Who am I ?

- 21 years old, male
- French nationality

● My School

- ESSEC BBA (top 1 undergraduate in France)
- Double Degree in Tongji BBA (top school in China)
- 15/20 GPA
- End of study thesis: 18/20

● Course abroad

- Intercampus mobility at the Singapour Campus of ESSEC (selection based on GPA)
- 1 year in China to obtain my double degree.
- 1 summer school at LSE.

● Extracurricular

- Campus-President of an association that has multiple branch in all "grande école" schools in France.
- Senior Consultant and Head of projects in a Junior Business of my school.
- Member of an NGO, had different missions and organized some events.
- Helped an other NGO during 1 month (Emmaus)
- Swimming till 15 years now and member of a club

● Internships

- 6 months at PwC
- 3 months as a data analyst at a large e-commerce company
- 1 summer at BNP

● More info

- Speak French and English
- Learn Spanish, German, Mandarin.
- Have many certifications
- Won some business competition at school
- Won some prizes from my school.

● Scores

- 710, my target score for the GMAT
- 8 IELTS

● Target schools

- LBS MiM, MIT Sloan Mif, Yale SOM MiM.
- Insead, LSE, Bocconi, Imperial
- Esade, IE, NUS, ESCP

Do not hesitate to provide any advice !

Thank you for your help !

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am undergrad in Business Administration and am now looking at MIM / Mfin programs. I have a few programs that interest me, but not sure about my chances with any of them, so any comments, ideas and recommendations will help.

Profile:
Undergrad: 3.7GPA (from non-target University in France (majors inFinance))
No GMAT for the moment I would want to know all possibilities without or if you advice me to do it.
Big4 Audit Internship
At time of application roughly 6 months full time work experience at a Nomura in asset management team. I have a summer internship at GS.
Plan is to work to IB or Asset management after graduation (most likely in Europe, but possibly in the US)

What do you guys think?
I am preparing the GMAT but I am not very optimistic for my final result so I would want to know the options for a MIM/MIF without gmat or low one.

Some one spoke me about Miami Herbert Business ? What did you guys think about this school that worth it ?

Thank you guys so much! I appreciate the help!

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31  ...  40   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3127 posts