Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 17:02 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 17:02
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10213 [29]
Given Kudos: 4553
Test: Test
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 724 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
GMATNOOB788 wrote:
Hi,
I am looking forward to pursuing Masters (not MBA) in a business field (General Management/ Operations/ Marketing/ Business Analytics). I have done my bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India from an average college (college ranking around 90) with 74% (top 40% of the batch) in 2020. I don't have any extracurricular activities to show in the application form but I started a small venture for around 10 months when I was 16. Then after my first year of college, I started working in the family business ( small scale distribution business in healthcare sector) where I worked for 2-3 years part-time and 2 years (completing in July 2022) full-time (sales/operations/retail profile) and made some significant contributions by pivoting and reviving the failing business. I would like to know which colleges and courses (2 years courses preferred) I can apply to with a GMAT score between 650-720 (yet to take). I also wanted to know how can I prove my part-time work experience both in the family business and for the venture I started at 16 alongside my senior secondary school education. Would these have any significance as there is no documented proof because of the venture being in an unorganized sector?

Hey,
Academically, I would recommend you to go for 700+ in your GMAT.
To score 700+ I would suggest you to score atleast 730-740 in your mocks to achieve your 700+ goal of the GMAT.
As you mentioned that you have almost 3-5 years of work experience that MBA colleges required. As you do not have any certification, you must have atleast the knowledge you gain from your work. So, how you would represent yourself in front of ADCOMS matters the most. If you would be able to make them proof about your work ex, you are good to go. So, what matters here is how you present your story and make yourself stand out as an applicant.

Here, you have mentioned you do not have any extracurricular activities, that can be little disappointing for your application. To cover that try to score as much more in your GMAT so that your extracurriculars won’t hamper your chances.

Here are the Top MBA B-Schools you can target:
    University of Pennsylvania: Wharton
    Columbia Business School
    Harvard Business School
    Insead
    Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
    Stanford Graduate School of Business
    University of Chicago: Booth
    London Business School
    Yale School of Management

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this call, you will be getting:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______

Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 148
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
MiMEssay wrote:
GMATNOOB788 wrote:
Hi,
I am looking forward to pursuing Masters (not MBA) in a business field (General Management/ Operations/ Marketing/ Business Analytics). I have done my bachelors in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India from an average college (college ranking around 90) with 74% (top 40% of the batch) in 2020. I don't have any extracurricular activities to show in the application form but I started a small venture for around 10 months when I was 16. Then after my first year of college, I started working in the family business ( small scale distribution business in healthcare sector) where I worked for 2-3 years part-time and 2 years (completing in July 2022) full-time (sales/operations/retail profile) and made some significant contributions by pivoting and reviving the failing business. I would like to know which colleges and courses (2 years courses preferred) I can apply to with a GMAT score between 650-720 (yet to take). I also wanted to know how can I prove my part-time work experience both in the family business and for the venture I started at 16 alongside my senior secondary school education. Would these have any significance as there is no documented proof because of the venture being in an unorganized sector?

Hey,
Academically, I would recommend you to go for 700+ in your GMAT.
To score 700+ I would suggest you to score atleast 730-740 in your mocks to achieve your 700+ goal of the GMAT.
As you mentioned that you have almost 3-5 years of work experience that MBA colleges required. As you do not have any certification, you must have atleast the knowledge you gain from your work. So, how you would represent yourself in front of ADCOMS matters the most. If you would be able to make them proof about your work ex, you are good to go. So, what matters here is how you present your story and make yourself stand out as an applicant.

Here, you have mentioned you do not have any extracurricular activities, that can be little disappointing for your application. To cover that try to score as much more in your GMAT so that your extracurriculars won’t hamper your chances.

Here are the Top MBA B-Schools you can target:
    University of Pennsylvania: Wharton
    Columbia Business School
    Harvard Business School
    Insead
    Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management
    Stanford Graduate School of Business
    University of Chicago: Booth
    London Business School
    Yale School of Management

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this call, you will be getting:

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______

Abhyank Srinet

Hi,
Thanks for the response. Can I know what works as proof of workex when applying for business schools?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
GMAT1221 wrote:
Greetings,
Indian, Male 24, Engineer IT- SRM(Ranked 49 in India) Total experience till now- 2 years

Work experience-
I started working as a Business development executive in a stabled startup and worked in the field of marketing and sales top. Was in the top 10% of performers in the company. Promoted to a leadership position and managed 10-15 members under me. Total tenure- 12 months
At the same time, our family business was growing and we were about to set up two manufacturing plants, I joined my family business and was taking charge of the operation and the marketing (Helped in making the business more process-oriented and started interstate transporting of the final product). Total tenure- 12 months

Extra-curricular activities
Core NGO member, IIBA member (Preparing for ECBA certification)/ IT & Digital marketing head Lion's club (of my district)

Application stage-
Preparing for GMAT expecting ~660
Post-MBA goals
Need help in
With two years of experience now and three by the time I join, is it acceptable for MIM?

I don't want to go for MBA because of several reasons such as cost, my profile doesn't fit the top MBA program which might fit for MIM and the main point is I want to come back and join my business.

Your resume is exceptional since it demonstrates your ability to scale on-the-ground operations for new plants in your family business as well as business development experience in a start-up. Consider the contributions you made to your family firm and concentrate on the important performance measures that you managed alone. Candidates with experience growing a family business can offer special insights since they have firsthand knowledge of the effects of making choices with certain objectives in mind. You could also support your position with specific instances, pointing out that you are the younger generation in the family business and that your motivation for pursuing MiM at this time is due to your innovative and unconventional business practices (in contrast to the conventional norms followed by your senior family members).
Working in a family business offers a wealth of learning opportunities and challenges that, if effectively emphasized in your application, would position you as a great candidate.

If you are considering top programs at this time, choosing MiM can be a wise choice. You may have to make concessions in terms of the programs you can actually expect to be accepted because the GMAT is not your strongest strength. Since there is still time, I advise you to concentrate on your\( GMAT\) and strive for a score around 700 to increase your chances.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this FREE call, you will be getting:

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mitochondria wrote:
Hello everyone!

I would request a profile evaluation. I'm a 22 year old Indian female and my other details are as below:

Undergraduation: Bachelors of Commerce from Delhi University; CGPA: 8.7/10 ~ 3.6/4
12th: 95%
10th: 10/10 CGPA
GMAT: 640 (Q47 V32)
IELTS: Yet to take
Work Experience: 1 year experience with Ernst & Young as a Business Analyst (Recently awarded with EY KUDOS award)
Extracurricular activities:
- I was the Vice President of my college's Management cell; led a team of 60+ member; organized various programs and events at the University as well Inter-University level.
- I was also appointed as the Marketing Head of our college's TEDx society for 2 years straight and led a team of 30+ members
- Did 3 internships in college (HR, Sales & Marketing, Relationship Manager)
- Have keen interest in photography and have secured two 1st positions in inter-college events
- Have my own Instagram food blog

I'm mostly looking at schools in Europe and UK such as:
HEC Paris
London Business School
ESSEC
INSEAD
IE Business School
ESADE Business School
Copenhagen Business School
ESCP Europe
Imperial College Business School
Emlyon
EDHEC
WHU (Otto Beisheim)
Warwick
Erasmus (RSM)
Manhnheim
Manchester (Allaince)
Cranfield
UCD (Smurfit)
Trinity College Dublin
Durham University Business School
ESMT Berlin
Maastricht

Hey,
it’s really impressive how much you have achieved at such a young age.
Academically excellent and with so much extracurricular experience. It is truly impressive.
You want to study MiM and your ideal destination is Europe. Let’s evaluate your profile and see if this is possible.
In school admission your profile is evaluated on a number of parameters :
    - GPA
    - Test scores (GMAT, GRE, IELTS, etc.)
    - Work experience
    - Extracurriculars
etc
Let’s evaluate your profile accordingly.

GPA - your GPA is pretty decent plus you graduate from a top tier university university, this will definitely add weight to your application.

GMAT - your GMAT scores are not that great but manageable. I would rather suggest you to take your GMAT again and aim to increase your current score by 30-40 points

Work experience - Your association with known brands will definitely benefit you.
You will need to explain your roles and responsibilities at your organisations, how you were a valuable member there. Same way you mentioned here just in a more professional way.
This will ultimately add value to you.

Extracurricular activities - Your extracurriculars are pretty impressive. Do not forget to mention all your achievements in your SOP, and provide appropriate certifications
This definitely highlights your leadership qualities and again adds value to you.

Your target schools are pretty great but as your GMAT scores are quite low I would suggest you also apply to schools where GMAT is not required

Here is the list of colleges for MiM without GMAT:
    1. Wilmington University
    2. University of Central Florida
    3. Montana State University
    4. City University of Seattle
    5. Saint Francis College

Thousands of applicants will be applying to the same course you are applying to, to increase your chances of admission you need to make yourself stand out of the crowd and explain why you are the perfect candidate for this course.

I know it can look a bit difficult to apply to any of these universities. Don’t worry, If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application process.

If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Pranavg0113 wrote:
Hi
Can anyone please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for MiM 2023 intake. My Gmat is scheduled in July end. Hopefully I’ll be able to score 710+.

I'm 24 from India

Education -

05/2016 - 06/2020 - Bachelor’s of Technology (B.Tech) - Information Technology

SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai

CGPA: 8.4 ( Around 87% )

Work Experience -

09/2020 - 02/2022 : Senior Analyst in CAPGEMINI
- Worked as a Salesforce Developer

Worked with client in Italy. Co-ordinated Use Case scenarios with development in Salesforce.

1.5 years of work-ex.(Until Feb 2022 - have resigned thereafter and to work with NGO)
Leading team in my city for noble cause.

Certifications -

Salesforce Certified Administrator
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer 1
Copado Administrator

Working on taking some certifications related to leadership or consulting from Coursera.

Will be able to complete 1 certification of ICPM Supervisor Professional certificate.

Extracurricular -

Committee Head of Aaruush - TECHNO Management Fest in College
- Participated Actively in organizing various events.
- Coordinated work in a project dedicated to raise awareness of need, applying strong leadership to enhance success.
- Developed a strong cooperative relationship with coworkers and managers.

( Could not provide any certificate regarding this )

Contributing with NGO - Working with Aashray NGO since past 1.5 years teaching rural students and conducting various workshops for different cause.

( Can get a strong LOR from here as well ).

Working as a Public Speaker motivating students in different govt schools

Writing valuable content on different niche on blog sites.

Participated in Plogging events with AIESEC.

Accomplishments -

Certificate of Appreciation ( Head Speaker ) - Placement talk on “Shape your Future” webinar held last year.

Mini Olympics
- Silver Medalist in Foosball ( Table Soccer ).

Interests/Hobbies -

Problem Solving
Content Writing
Motivational Speaking
Traveling
Fitness and Nutrition
Art and Painting

Post MBA Goals -
I'm looking forward to Leadership Consulting and Entrepreneurship.
Business Management

Please do recommend some colleges I can convert with GMAT score around 730.

Hey Pranavg0113,

Starting off with your academic background, You have a pretty decent GPA. The brand of your college would also matter since the top schools generally pick candidates from the top ten schools of the applicant’s country. Hence, you will be competing against applicants from the top schools of your country. Thus, a strong application highlighting your strengths would help differentiate you from your peers.

For the GMAT exam, that would be pretty good if you can score of 710 and above, since the top schools like HEC and St. Gallen require a score of 700+ and getting a higher score displays your strong academic capabilities.

You have work experience in the field of sales and business analytics, something that schools definitely appreciate. Here you can highlight your profile by showcasing your relevant skills you developed, critical projects and role & responsibilities.

Now coming to your extracurriculars activities, You have a good mix of extracurriculars your participation in various competitions and awards for the same activities can be used to showcase a holistic profile. You can showcase your strong points as you are working with an NGO, your are a public speaker and have won a silver medal in foosball.

Your additional certificates will add value to your profile as well.

Overall you have a very pretty good profile.

Here are the top MiM Schools you can target:
    University of St Gallen
    HEC Paris
    University College Dublin: Smurfit
    London Business School
    Rotterdam School of Management,
Hence, you’re are planning to apply for the 2023 intake, you can check our flagship service- All-In-One Solution to see how we could assist you in preparing a polished application and highlighting your strengths so that you have a shot at these and even better schools.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
THLind wrote:
Hello everyone!

I would love some input on what to focus on during my last year of Bachelor Studies to improve my chanches of getting into a top MiM.

Background
- 21 year old male, adopted from South Korea, but grew up in Sweden

Education
- Lund University School of Economics and Management (2nd best Business School in Sweden while LU is considered Swedens overall best University)
- 3.8/4.0 if converted into the american system
- Enrolled into our Honors Program for the top 5% of the cohort, where I studied 20 extra ECTS during year 2

International Experience
- Participated in a Case Competition at Iceland
- Doing a summer Internship in a global firm (Think F50)
- Will do an Internship in Copenhagen during the autumn

Extracurricular
- Was one of ~30 that participated in national training camps for the best handball players (in my age) in Sweden during High School, where I moved as a 16 year old to pursue training parallell to my studies
- 2 years in our student union: Started as a sponsoring coordinator for our career fair -> Project Leader for a career event (budget 20K EUR) -> Part of our Council that budgets, recruits and decides on other major decisions -> Founded a Consulting Society
- Decent results in various Case Competitions
- Member of Nova Talent

All Noteable Professional Experience
- Summer 2020: Wrote pilot-studies for a large investment project and ran a restaurant with my friend (Not listed on my CV due to space)
- Spring/Summer 2021: Business Development Intern at a large fashion company in Sweden
- Late summer/Early autumn 2021: Copy-writing and SEO for a start-up (this is not listed on my CV due to space)
- Nov - Present: Management Consultant for a firm run by Students across faculties at Lund University
- Summer Internship 2022: F50 Company in FMCG as Sales Intern
- Internship Autumn 2022: Start-up consultancy created by ex Bain Partners

Target Schools and goals
1. HEC Paris, LBS or Insead
2. Gallen, LSE or Bocconi
3. SSE International Business

My goal is to pursue a career in consulting, where MBB is top of mind. Moreover, I want to do an exit into either PE or Luxury Fashion (Fashion is a great interest of mine)

My Questions
Considering the above, I have the following that I would love to have some input on!

- What GMAT Range might be sufficient for me? At the moment, I am aiming 680+, is that too low?
- Which round makes most sense to apply in? Considering that my autumn Internship starts Sep 5th (one of the partners is a LBS Alumn)
- How would you, overall, rate my application profile? Are my target schools to ambitious? Reasonable?
- Any areas that I should focus on during my last year to improve my chanches? (Besides GMAT and IELTS)

Your resume stands out from the crowd. Your application will be aided by your academic talent and diversity aspect. To have a well-rounded overall profile, I advise you to shoot for a GMAT score of at least 700.
It depends on how quickly you can acquire a good GMAT score and finish the essays, SOPs, etc.
Ideal would be R1 or R2. You need not worry about finishing the internship by the time you apply as long as you can substantiate your internships with offer letters, etc. If you want to include a reflection on your internship experience in your application, you can also apply in R3.
You might be able to get into the top priority colleges on your list if you handle your applications well. Your career background appears to be varied and fruitful. At the top of your résumé, highlight your consulting and investment projects. Make sure you go into detail about your motivation for studying abroad because LBS, INSEAD, and HEC all value it highly. You might also consider your personal upbringing as an ethnic Asian in Sweden.
I don't notice any social impact engagement on your résumé, yet it's not necessarily a weakness. Your strong intellectual and professional interests would be balanced and complemented by participating in some voluntary activity.
Make sure your long-term VC Fashion objective is in line with the activities and endeavors you have been involved in until this moment.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______

Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
TanyaVarshney7 wrote:
Hello! I am Tanya Varshney based in India. I have my under grad in BTech CSE with a cloud specialization which i completed in 2020 with a cgpa of 7.3/10. After my grad i was an intern in an IT company and then continued to work as developer in the same company. It has been almost 1.5 years of work experience.
I am fluent in english as i have studied all my life in english based schools and universities. But will be taking toefl ibt for the best.
I have done a digital marketing course from google to get a hold of management course a bit by bit. I am preparing to give GMAT within these two months.
I have major interest in MBA in luxury and fashion but due to lack of work ex i am opting mim.
I have some shortlisted aimed colleges for MBA and MIM and they are as given below-
For MBA- NYU stern, LBS, HEC, BBS, INSEAD (to be noted these are the top tier that i am aiming)
FOR MIM- HEC, LBS, IE buisness school, Michigan (ross), Erasmus(RSM)
It would be really helpful if i could know a perspective from an experienced person in this dilemma of choices.

Hey Tanya,
It’s nice that you want to pursue MBA but as you mentioned you do not have enough work experience, and to pursue an MBA you must possess at least 3-4 years of work experience.
I’m afraid you cannot pursue MBA at the moment.
But, don’t worry you have picked the right MBA alternative. An MiM degree open a portal to many career paths and the best part is most MiM degrees have a work requirement of 0-2 years.
I see you already have 1.5 years of work experience and your GPA is also pretty good, i’d say you are an eligible candidate for MiM.
You mentioned you haven’t given GMAT yet.

1. Wilmington University
    5. Saint Francis College

You can apply to these schools until you give your GMAT.

Looking through your profile, I would say you have a pretty decent chance of getting into your dream school.
You just need to draft a killer application. If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______

Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
mario99 wrote:
I want to apply for the Fall 2023 Intake for the MiM and would really appreciate if someone could evaluate my profile :)

I am a 22-year old male from Germany.

Undergrad information: I will graduate next year from one the best business schools in Germany/Austria/Switzerland with a 3.4 or 3.5/4.0 GPA

GMAT: Not yet taken.

Work experience: Founded my own startup before university, during university I did three internships (faang, corporate strategy and german parliament)

International experience: During my studies I did a semester and one internship abroad.

Extracurriculars and other info:
Team leader of an initiative at my university
Member in the board in an association in my home region

Targeted universities/programs:
LSE MiM
LSE Master in Management and Strategy
Duke MMS
HSG SIM
Erasmus University Rotterdam

After my masters I want to break into consulting. What GMAT score should I am at? What should I focus in my motivation letter (probably my startup and pretending to be an entrepreneur after my masters?)?

Hey,

Starting off with your academic background, you are going to score a pretty decent GPA. The brand of your college would also matter since the top schools generally pick candidates from the top ten schools of the applicant’s country. Hence, you can compete against applicants from the top schools of your country. Thus, a strong application can highlight your strengths and would help differentiate you from your peers.

For the GMAT exam, I would suggest you score 700 and above, since the top schools require a score of 700+ and getting a higher score displays your strong academic capabilities.
Also, you did one semester abroad, so you could add more about the difference in culture, environment, and curriculum in a holistic manner.

I must say your startup is going to make a huge impression in front of ADCOMS. Also, you have a relatable experience that is a plus point.

Coming to your extracurriculars, you were a team leader, something that business schools definitely appreciate. it demonstrates your leadership skills and clarity of concepts, which act as proof of your academic progress. You can also do some more extracurricular like an NGO or some volunteering work.

Now coming to the GMAT Score you have to target for these universities:
    LSE MiM
    LSE Master in Management and Strategy
    Duke MMS
    HSG SIM
    Erasmus University Rotterdam

For these universities target to score between 650 to 740. Universities like Erasmus ask for 650 while universities like Duke ask for 650-740.
On this note, to prepare a strong application to meet the upcoming deadlines right on time, you can check our comprehensive all in one solution that has helped thousands of applicants get into their dream schools including schools like HEC, INSEAD and LBS!

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______
Abhyank Srinet

School Moderator - HEC Masters
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Hello everyone, I'm Arisha, 21F, from India and I am set to apply to MiM 2023 intake at LBS, HEC, Essec, ESCP, Imperial and UCL

Undergrad
I've just completed a B. Tech in Food Process Engineering with a 8.2 CGPA from SHUATS (formerly Allahabad Agriculture Institute). I scored 91% in 12th standard and a 10 CGPA in 10th (if that information matters)

GMAT
Appeared for the GMAT in June, scored a 710 Q47 V40

Work experience and leadership
This part is where I believe I lack the most. I did a wfh internship with an ed tech firm for 2 months in 2020 and a 5 month in-plant internship this year at Top n Town (Ice cream) where I worked in the production department and was also envolved in training newer interns. I have held multiple positions of responsibility but all of them were back in highschool.
I'm looking for jobs that might be relevant to the MiM but having a degree in F&B is not helping my case :(

Community and others
Been involved in fundraising and donation drives, have also taught kids from underprivileged background.

Future goals
I want to settle in th UK post MiM and am focused primarily on the F&B and FMCG sector, although I believe my career goals can change over the course of my program.

I've already started working on my essays with MiMEssay and I have an amazing consultant but I'm still going hysterical about the entire thing. I just cant shake off the feeling that my profile is very weak and won't get me into a school of my choice (primarily because of extra curriculars, work ex and the poor ranking of my UG college). Any suggestions, tips or insights are most welcome. I really need someone to tell me its going to be fine.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Please evalute my profile I want to apply for MiM 2023 intake

Nationality Indian, Female

Target Schools - (MiM) LBS, ESSEC,HEC,IMPERIAL,LSE
Education- Bachelor of Arts from ARSD College, University of Delhi, (the college has been ranked 7th in NIRF 2022)
CGPA - Still in my 3rd year around 8.0 CGPA so far
GRE - Yet to give

Internships
3 internships so far for content writing roles 2 of them were startups but at different stages.
First one was for content writing role. I was working as a group leader and was incharge of around 10-15 interns under me. I was also awarded best intern.

Second one was an MNC where I worked across department including content, marketing, video editing, research for further recruitment. I working with a multinational team so I think that adds up to my international experience also interviewed a well known social wroker for the company's blog.

Third one is where I am currently working its an early stage startup and I am working for content writing, I am basically establishing this department as I am the first employee here, hence I have the opportunity and libertey of forumulating plans with 100% execuation. I have been making all kinds of content including blogs and posters and I am also managing the social media of the company.

Extarcurricular activites
Was part of 3 college socities, E-Cell, Enactus and Film Soc
Film Soc - Deputy Filmmaking head in 2nd year currently I am the vice president. Made several short films which I wrote and directed. Finished in top 5 in a national film festival, also got into finals of a film competition at IIM Indore. Supervised and hosted several fests also interviwed an editor of Kota Factory for a webinar.
E-Cell - Part of the content team, formulated the social media marketing plan.
Enactus - was a part of marketing,digital and content team for encatus did contribute equally to them all but nothing impactful here.

NPO
Net Impact Delhi University - It is an NPO based in San Fransico and has its local chapters Delhi University was one of that.
Was a part of 2 departments Content and Consulting. we mostly worked on sustainability and fast fashion issue.

Post MiM goals - Marketing or brand management want to work in Europe.

I feel not having big brand names such as Big4 or any other well known company might hinder my chances

Please can someone tell me do I stand a chance at any of these schools.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
hi please evaluate my profile for MIM 2023 intake

Name Sameer khan

nationality - Indian

Undergrad Information - pursuing BBA from amity university. Gpa 3.5/4

GMAT/GRE will give the gmat and the expected score would be 650-670

Work experience and leadership - I have done 1 internship in an ed-tech startup where my role was to do the social media marketing and selling their online course. I sold 10 courses worth 800. This was my first internship so I was not able to do much and made many mistakes.

Community and others I have also worked in an NGO where I worked in the different fields of business and also educated needy people about the various grants and subsidies and helped them to avail themselves. I also opened my own Instagram business when I was in my 1st year but eventually, it failed.

Post Master goals I haven't decided on yet.

schools I'm targeting essec ESCP edhec emlyon.

In terms of my work experience and extracurriculars, I haven't done anything extraordinary so on the basis of that what are my chances of getting into these schools. ?? I'm also looking to apply In r1 so then it won't be possible to add any more work experience but I could do some certification courses in the field of marketing as I have interest in marketing so will that add any value to my profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
MiMEssay wrote:
Mitochondria wrote:
Hello everyone!

I would request a profile evaluation. I'm a 22 year old Indian female and my other details are as below:

Undergraduation: Bachelors of Commerce from Delhi University; CGPA: 8.7/10 ~ 3.6/4
12th: 95%
10th: 10/10 CGPA
GMAT: 640 (Q47 V32)
IELTS: Yet to take
Work Experience: 1 year experience with Ernst & Young as a Business Analyst (Recently awarded with EY KUDOS award)
Extracurricular activities:
- I was the Vice President of my college's Management cell; led a team of 60+ member; organized various programs and events at the University as well Inter-University level.
- I was also appointed as the Marketing Head of our college's TEDx society for 2 years straight and led a team of 30+ members
- Did 3 internships in college (HR, Sales & Marketing, Relationship Manager)
- Have keen interest in photography and have secured two 1st positions in inter-college events
- Have my own Instagram food blog

I'm mostly looking at schools in Europe and UK such as:
HEC Paris
London Business School
ESSEC
INSEAD
IE Business School
ESADE Business School
Copenhagen Business School
ESCP Europe
Imperial College Business School
Emlyon
EDHEC
WHU (Otto Beisheim)
Warwick
Erasmus (RSM)
Manhnheim
Manchester (Allaince)
Cranfield
UCD (Smurfit)
Trinity College Dublin
Durham University Business School
ESMT Berlin
Maastricht

Hey,
it’s really impressive how much you have achieved at such a young age.
Academically excellent and with so much extracurricular experience. It is truly impressive.
You want to study MiM and your ideal destination is Europe. Let’s evaluate your profile and see if this is possible.
In school admission your profile is evaluated on a number of parameters :
    - GPA
    - Test scores (GMAT, GRE, IELTS, etc.)
    - Work experience
    - Extracurriculars
etc
Let’s evaluate your profile accordingly.

GPA - your GPA is pretty decent plus you graduate from a top tier university university, this will definitely add weight to your application.

GMAT - your GMAT scores are not that great but manageable. I would rather suggest you to take your GMAT again and aim to increase your current score by 30-40 points

Work experience - Your association with known brands will definitely benefit you.
You will need to explain your roles and responsibilities at your organisations, how you were a valuable member there. Same way you mentioned here just in a more professional way.
This will ultimately add value to you.

Extracurricular activities - Your extracurriculars are pretty impressive. Do not forget to mention all your achievements in your SOP, and provide appropriate certifications
This definitely highlights your leadership qualities and again adds value to you.

Your target schools are pretty great but as your GMAT scores are quite low I would suggest you also apply to schools where GMAT is not required

1. Wilmington University
    5. Saint Francis College

Thousands of applicants will be applying to the same course you are applying to, to increase your chances of admission you need to make yourself stand out of the crowd and explain why you are the perfect candidate for this course.

I know it can look a bit difficult to apply to any of these universities. Don’t worry, If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application process.

If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances

_______
Abhyank Srinet

Hi!
My preferred study destination is UK/Europe and most of the Russell Group universities do not require a GMAT.
Could you please suggest some universities I can apply to (with or without GMAT)?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35 (Online)
Send PM
Hi Everybody,

I want my profile to be evaluated for B-Schools in UK and US.

22, Male, Indian

1. Bachelor of Technology from Indian Institute of Technology - Guwahati (IIT-G) in Biotechnology. Graduating in May 2023.
2. CPI - 8.54/10
3. GMAT - 700 (Q50, V35, IR6, AWA: yet to come)
3. IELTS (yet to give)
4. 10th Standard - 10/10 CGPA
5. 12th Standard - 93.8%

Extra-Curricular:
1. Started a Print-on-Demand Side Hustle and scaled it to $20,000 ARR, have a registered company to my name.
2. Welfare Secretary of my Hostel.
3. 2 months of intern experience.
4. A few projects related to Machine Learning.

I had a few questions and any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Should I apply in Fall(2022) or Spring(2023). What is the difference or if there is any, Currently I am in my 7th Semester (7/8) and would graduate in May-June 2023.

2. I can also improve my score to about a 740-750 in about two months. Since, I have an extremely low verbal score, I am a bit skeptical regarding my chances at top schools. I am not sure how 700 is for top schools and especially for heavily represented group: Indian, Engineer, Male.

3. What kind of courses and schools should I target?
Here is my priority: School/Brand Value >> Scholarship>>Course (Anything related to Management/Business/Finance works).
Also, I intend to come back to India after my masters. I have more of an entrepreneurial mind, therefore, low placements isn't a deal breaker for me. My main goal for my masters is to learn from my peers and expose myself to different kinds of environment which can legitimately help me grow.

4. I am looking for admission consultants who can help me with my profile, SOPs, Scholarships etc.

So, What would be the right way to go about it and if anybody has any prior experience with any of the consultants or could refer someone to me.

I am extremely grateful to everyone here and to GMAT Club for building such a wonderful community.

Thanks and Regards!
Aditya Bajaj
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Background and nationality : I am an Indian , born in the state of Haryana ,but brought up in Delhi as my family moved here since I was three years old.
Undergrad Information : I have completed my bachelor's in Economics Major from Delhi University in the year 2022.
GMAT/GRE : I am planning to take GMAT exam next month and aiming to score 690+
Work experience and leadership : I have done more than 9 internships during my college in various fields and I am currently doing a part time job in an Edtech startup. and I have managed a team of more than 10 people while working as International sales manager
Post Master goals : I want to work in my father's business after completing master's and wish to take it to all heights.
Hobbies and its practical application : 1.Baking - I am part of a foundation and I teach young kids about baking. 2. Photography - I have a college competition on theme based photography competition . 3. Creative writing: I write poems , stories , shayaris when feel like.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi,

I have some doubts regarding MiM eligibility.

I would be really obliged if you can help me out.

I am giving an overview of my profile, if you can please check it out and let me know

My GMAT is scheduled in September. Aiming for 710+.

Education -

05/2016 - 06/2020 - Bachelor’s of Technology (B.Tech) - Information Technology

SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai

CGPA: 8.4 ( Around 87% )

Work Experience -

09/2020 - 02/2022 : Senior Analyst in CAPGEMINI
- Worked as a Salesforce Developer

Worked with client in Italy. Co-ordinated Use Case scenarios with development in Salesforce.

1.5 years of work-ex.
(Until Feb 2022 - have resigned thereafter to work with a NGO and working to take over my family business)

Certifications -

Salesforce Certified Administrator
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer 1
Copado Administrator

Will be able to complete 1 certification with ICPM Supervisor Professional certificate.

Extracurricular -

Committee Head of Aaruush - TECHNO Management Fest in College
- Participated Actively in organizing various events.
- Coordinated work in a project dedicated to raise awareness of need, applying strong leadership to enhance success.
- Developed a strong cooperative relationship with coworkers and managers.

( Could not provide any certificate regarding this )

Contributing with NGO - Working with Aashray NGO since past 1.5 years teaching rural students and conducting various workshops for different cause.

( Can get a strong LOR from here as well ).

Working as a Public Speaker motivating students in different govt schools

Writing valuable content on different niche on blog sites.

Participated in Plogging events with AIESEC.

Accomplishments -

Certificate of Appreciation ( Head Speaker ) - Placement talk on “Shape your Future” in my college last year.

Mini Olympics
- Silver Medalist in Foosball ( Table Soccer ).

Interests/Hobbies -

Problem Solving
Content Writing
Motivational Speaking
Traveling
Fitness and Nutrition
Art and Painting

Schools targeting -

HEC, INSEAD, ESSEC, and other top ivy schools

Questions -

1 - As far work experience is considered I was working till Feb 2022 (1.5 years of workex till then). After that I have been active into social work teaching rural students with a NGO.

So can we use this as a reason to justify that I only have 1.5 years of workex post which I have been into social cause and also working on getting into family business?

Do you think this way both my workex(1.5 yr) and my experience after that ( working in a NGO ) justify my year gap ( because I am not working full time since Feb22) before 2023 intake?

2 - Will this mean that I only have 1.5 years of work-ex and thus I am eligible to apply for 2023 intake?

Any other suggestions you would like to give?

Once again thank you for your help.

Regards
Pranav
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V34
Send PM
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for MIM in europe (Target schools, HEC, INSEAD, Bocconi, ESSEC, ESADE, Emlyon )
Im applying in coming months for 2023 intake. (I had planned to apply last year but due to personal reasons i postponed it and applying now this year.)

My profile
23 Male, Indian
Graduated in 2021 January (I was supposed to graduate in April 2020 but final exams and projects got delayed till December and finally graduated in Jan)
GPA 6.5/10 (University of Mumbai)
GMAT (720) Mock scores, havent taken Official exam yet
College Degree BScIT

Experience
4 Months Research Internship with The Defence Research and Development Organisation, helped in programming drone simulator
6 months Intern as a assistant to GM in Rohit Impex (Logistical company)
6 months of Intern as Data Analyst in Fugro Logistic
4 Months Of intern with Teach for India in Development team

Extra Curricular
-Member of AIESEC during college
-Free Lance photography and graphic designer
-Was in the coordinating committee of my college festival
-Volunteered with a NGO in rural village to build a dam to solve their water issue

My main concern was that i dont have full time job yet, because of covid everything was disrupted and finding full time job was difficult. Currently im working as a Trainee in Fynd technology, its not permanent until i complete my 6 month trainee and internship and depending on performance ill be upgraded to full timer.

I was wondering would multiple internships raise any red flags may be, and any tips on how can put all this in my essays

Also should I submit a LOR from the Project Coordinator from the NGO i volunteer, as its one of the experience where i managed a team, or should i submit only from workplace.
MiMEssay

Originally posted by raju1212 on 02 Aug 2022, 12:30.
Last edited by raju1212 on 05 Aug 2022, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Can anyone help?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Asking coworker (and not manager) for LoR

Hello, I am thinking of applying to LBS 2023 intake for MiM. I am considering asking my coworker who is 2 years my senior to give me an LoR. Is this a good idea? Would there be any cons to it? Or should I ask a more senior person to help me out? Please let me know, thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  40   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3128 posts