Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:42 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
For MIM/MBA, 2023 intake
NAME: SAI DHEERAJ
10th: 9.3
12 : 92.2%
B.tech: 8.00 from VIT(Vellore institute of technology) class of 2022
GMAT: 750 Q51,V40
INTERNSHIP: 6 months internship at PwC(price Waterhouse Coopers)

Work experience: currently working as a consultant at PwC. Working for a client tata Hitachi in customer experience.

Extra curricular experience: president of two clubs in college and worked with ngos such as nss and harajeevan.

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
via18 wrote:
Please evalute my profile I want to apply for MiM 2023 intake

Nationality Indian, Female

Target Schools - (MiM) LBS, ESSEC,HEC,IMPERIAL,LSE
Education- Bachelor of Arts from ARSD College, University of Delhi, (the college has been ranked 7th in NIRF 2022)
CGPA - Still in my 3rd year around 8.0 CGPA so far
GRE - Yet to give

Internships
3 internships so far for content writing roles 2 of them were startups but at different stages.
First one was for content writing role. I was working as a group leader and was incharge of around 10-15 interns under me. I was also awarded best intern.

Second one was an MNC where I worked across department including content, marketing, video editing, research for further recruitment. I working with a multinational team so I think that adds up to my international experience also interviewed a well known social wroker for the company's blog.

Third one is where I am currently working its an early stage startup and I am working for content writing, I am basically establishing this department as I am the first employee here, hence I have the opportunity and libertey of forumulating plans with 100% execuation. I have been making all kinds of content including blogs and posters and I am also managing the social media of the company.

Extarcurricular activites
Was part of 3 college socities, E-Cell, Enactus and Film Soc
Film Soc - Deputy Filmmaking head in 2nd year currently I am the vice president. Made several short films which I wrote and directed. Finished in top 5 in a national film festival, also got into finals of a film competition at IIM Indore. Supervised and hosted several fests also interviwed an editor of Kota Factory for a webinar.
E-Cell - Part of the content team, formulated the social media marketing plan.
Enactus - was a part of marketing,digital and content team for encatus did contribute equally to them all but nothing impactful here.

NPO
Net Impact Delhi University - It is an NPO based in San Fransico and has its local chapters Delhi University was one of that.
Was a part of 2 departments Content and Consulting. we mostly worked on sustainability and fast fashion issue.

Post MiM goals - Marketing or brand management want to work in Europe.

I feel not having big brand names such as Big4 or any other well known company might hinder my chances

Please can someone tell me do I stand a chance at any of these schools.

Hey,
You have a pretty decent profile here, I’m especially impressed with your extracurriculars.
Your profile is evaluated on a number of parameters :
- GPA
- Test scores (GMAT, GRE, IELTS, etc.)
- Work experience
- Extracurriculars

etc
Let’s evaluate your profile accordingly.

GPA - your GPA is pretty decent plus you graduate from a top tier university university, this will definitely add weight to your application.

GRE - you are yet to give your GRE exam, I’d suggest you to keep an aim of 320+ in your GRE, to maximise your admission chances.

Work experience - I see you have done quite a few internships, your association with known brands will definitely benefit you.
You will need to explain your roles and responsibilities at your organisations, how you were a valuable member there.
This will ultimately add value to you.

Extracurricular activities - Your extracurriculars are pretty impressive. Do not forget to mention all your achievements in your SOP, and provide appropriate certifications
This definitely highlights your leadership qualities and again adds value to you.

I would suggest you do some volunteer work. Your association with an NGO will make your application shine brighter than the sun.

You need to understand that thousands of applicants will be applying to the same course you are applying to, to increase your chances of admission you need to make yourself stand out of the crowd and explain why you are the perfect candidate for this course.

Your target schools are :LBS, ESSEC,HEC,IMPERIAL,LSE
These schools have a pretty good MiM program and you will get to learn a lot.
But these are all top tier universities, so the competition is fairly high in these schools.

Hence, I would recommend you to apply to some back up schools as well where competition is fairly moderate like : Bath, Durham, Waterloo, Telfer,EDHEC an Skema

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application process.
We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this FREE call, you will be getting:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
NehaNain wrote:
Background and nationality : I am an Indian , born in the state of Haryana ,but brought up in Delhi as my family moved here since I was three years old.
Undergrad Information : I have completed my bachelor's in Economics Major from Delhi University in the year 2022.
GMAT/GRE : I am planning to take GMAT exam next month and aiming to score 690+
Work experience and leadership : I have done more than 9 internships during my college in various fields and I am currently doing a part time job in an Edtech startup. and I have managed a team of more than 10 people while working as International sales manager
Post Master goals : I want to work in my father's business after completing master's and wish to take it to all heights.
Hobbies and its practical application : 1.Baking - I am part of a foundation and I teach young kids about baking. 2. Photography - I have a college competition on theme based photography competition . 3. Creative writing: I write poems , stories , shayaris when feel like.

Hello, An MiM degree opens a portal to many career paths and the best part is most MiM degrees have a work requirement of 0-2 years.
As your future ambitions are to work in your family business an MiM degree can polish your management and business skills. .
You mentioned you haven’t given the GMAT yet.

Here is the list of colleges for MiM without GMAT:
    1. Wilmington University
    2. University of Central Florida
    3. Montana State University
    4. City University of Seattle
    5. Saint Francis College

You can apply to these schools until you give your GMAT.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application process.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hi guys,

I am Male 21 from India with
X: CGPA 10, XII: 88%
B. Tech in Computer Science (finishing 2023) CGPA: 8.46/10
GMAT aiming 700+, appearing in September
3 Month Internship at a Startup
Vice Chairperson at a College Club for an year

MiM Colleges Sept 2023 Intake:
Super Dream: LBS/INSEAD/HEC
Dream: Imperial/LSE/ESSEC/ESADE
Need to decide upon a backup course/college as well
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
adityabajaj wrote:
Hi Everybody,

I want my profile to be evaluated for B-Schools in UK and US.

22, Male, Indian

1. Bachelor of Technology from Indian Institute of Technology - Guwahati (IIT-G) in Biotechnology. Graduating in May 2023.
2. CPI - 8.54/10
3. GMAT - 700 (Q50, V35, IR6, AWA: yet to come)
3. IELTS (yet to give)
4. 10th Standard - 10/10 CGPA
5. 12th Standard - 93.8%

Extra-Curricular:
1. Started a Print-on-Demand Side Hustle and scaled it to $20,000 ARR, have a registered company to my name.
2. Welfare Secretary of my Hostel.
3. 2 months of intern experience.
4. A few projects related to Machine Learning.

I had a few questions and any help is greatly appreciated.

1. Should I apply in Fall(2022) or Spring(2023). What is the difference or if there is any, Currently I am in my 7th Semester (7/8) and would graduate in May-June 2023.

2. I can also improve my score to about a 740-750 in about two months. Since, I have an extremely low verbal score, I am a bit skeptical regarding my chances at top schools. I am not sure how 700 is for top schools and especially for heavily represented group: Indian, Engineer, Male.

3. What kind of courses and schools should I target?
Here is my priority: School/Brand Value >> Scholarship>>Course (Anything related to Management/Business/Finance works).
Also, I intend to come back to India after my masters. I have more of an entrepreneurial mind, therefore, low placements isn't a deal breaker for me. My main goal for my masters is to learn from my peers and expose myself to different kinds of environment which can legitimately help me grow.

4. I am looking for admission consultants who can help me with my profile, SOPs, Scholarships etc.

So, What would be the right way to go about it and if anybody has any prior experience with any of the consultants or could refer someone to me.

I am extremely grateful to everyone here and to GMAT Club for building such a wonderful community.

Thanks and Regards!
Aditya Bajaj

Hey Aditya,
First of all you have a really decent profile with 8.54 CPI.

Also, Your good GPA showcases your academic prowess and your undergraduate college being one of the top 10 in the country certainly adds to it. For the GMAT any score above 690 should work for you. However, the higher you score the better it is.

Your extracurriculars are decent. It definitely showcases your hard-working skills as you have scaled your business to $20k but I would recommend you to do volunteering as well, as it will shine in your application.

As you asked, what is basically the difference between Fall vs Spring. Let me clear it to you.
The Fall semester runs from Sept to Dec, while the Spring semester runs from Jan to May. Universities accept students in two separate intakes rather than simply one for two reasons.

First, it is not easy to accommodate too many students in a single semester. Most international universities receive thousands of applications every year, so obviously it will be quite a task to admit so many students at a time. That is why the intake division is in place.

Second, there could be various reasons why many students do not have the option to apply for the Fall season. Which is why universities accept those who couldn’t apply during the Fall season. In essence, numerically more students apply for the Fall Intake, and consequently, the class sizes are bigger for the Fall semester.

Now to your second question about GMAT. So the more you score the better it is.

So, here are the courses you can target as you are interested in Management/Business/Finance.

MiM - Masters in Management
MSBA - Masters in Business Analytics
MFin- Masters in Finance

MBA is also a good option, but you don’t have any work experience it won’t work in your case.

Here are the Top B-Schools you can target for MiM

University of St Gallen
    HEC Paris
    University College Dublin: Smurfit
    London Business School
    Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University

Top B-Schools of MSBA

MIT Sloan
    ESADE
    ESSEC
    Imperial
    Top B-School for MFin
    LBS
    LSE
    HEC
    ESSEC
    EDHEC

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I would like to seek some assistance and advice regarding my profile...I'm really stuck in a dilemma

Background and nationality: 24 years old male, Chinese
Undergrad Information: Bachelor in language Studies GPA 2.9/4
GMAT/GRE: 700 (Q48 V37 IR4)
Work experience and leadership: ~2yrs irrelevant working experience & no leadership experience at all...

I come from a comepletely irrelevant background but I desire to pursue a Master in Business Analytics after discovered my strong interest into this field.

I know I have a weak profile so I have completed a certificate in Business analytics offered by a reputable university's online course and studied GMAT for almost half year while working in a full-time job and finally scored a 700 (Q48 V37). Yet, I think that this is still sort of insufficient as I only have a 2.9 GPA without any prior quantitative courses in undergraduate level. Regarding the analytics tools, I only possess knowledge in a limited areas i.e. advanced Excel and basic SQL. Although I do apply certain analytical skills in my daily job tasks, neither my current position nor my prior experience has anything directly related to "Business Analytics".

While my dream schools are UBC Sauder, I do my research and find out most of the admission reports are from candidate with high GPA+quantitative background+GMAT 700 up...making me feel like that my GMAT 700 doesn't seem to be sigificant to offset my profile weakness.

My preliminary thought is to look for an essay consultation service as I can explain my low GPA in undergraduate level, but I would be grateful to learn the rate of my chance and advice from the experts/experienced people here as well.

Thank you very much for your help and reading this.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
raju1212 wrote:
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for MIM in europe (Target schools, HEC, INSEAD, Bocconi, ESSEC, ESADE, Emlyon )
Im applying in coming months for 2023 intake. (I had planned to apply last year but due to personal reasons i postponed it and applying now this year.)

My profile
23 Male, Indian
Graduated in 2021 January (I was supposed to graduate in April 2020 but final exams and projects got delayed till December and finally graduated in Jan)
GPA 6.5/10 (University of Mumbai)
GMAT (720) Mock scores, havent taken Official exam yet
College Degree BScIT

Experience
4 Months Research Internship with The Defence Research and Development Organisation, helped in programming drone simulator
6 months Intern as a assistant to GM in Rohit Impex (Logistical company)
6 months of Intern as Data Analyst in Fugro Logistic
4 Months Of intern with Teach for India in Development team

Extra Curricular
-Member of AIESEC during college
-Free Lance photography and graphic designer
-Was in the coordinating committee of my college festival
-Volunteered with a NGO in rural village to build a dam to solve their water issue

My main concern was that i dont have full time job yet, because of covid everything was disrupted and finding full time job was difficult. Currently im working as a Trainee in Fynd technology, its not permanent until i complete my 6 month trainee and internship and depending on performance ill be upgraded to full timer.

I was wondering would multiple internships raise any red flags may be, and any tips on how can put all this in my essays

Also should I submit a LOR from the Project Coordinator from the NGO i volunteer, as its one of the experience where i managed a team, or should i submit only from workplace.
MiMEssay

Hey,

First of all you have a decent profile.

Let’s start with your GMAT Score. As you scored 720 in your mocks I hope you would score 700+ in your GMAT as well. It would definitely work in your favour as it further illustrates your academic capabilities, allowing you to apply to most of the top colleges. While your grades do play an important part, your extracurricular activities and your other endeavours matter as well because AdComs are looking for applicants with holistically developed profiles.

As you mentioned your GPA is 6.5 out of 10 which makes it 2.8 and according to me it is very low. But don’t worry you can compensate this with your good GMAT Score, work experience, IELTS Score and Extracurriculars.

Let me clear this to you, nothing is ever much. The more you do the better it is. So, your internship experience can never be a red flag. But as you don’t have any full-time work experience it could be a little disadvantageous for your profile if anyone else could have a full-time work experience. So if you can make it, surely take advantage.

Now lets talk about your Extracurricular and Achievements: Your extracurriculars are decent. It definitely showcases your hard-working skills. You do also has a volunteering, it is a plus point and it will shine in your application as well.

You just need to make a killer application highlighting all your skills explaining why you are the perfect candidate.
Make your application unique so that it stands out of the crowd. Make sure your LOR stands out as well. As you didn’t elaborate on the LOR Details I can’t really tell if you should add it or not. So you should get it approved by experts.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Pranavg0113 wrote:
Hi,

I have some doubts regarding MiM eligibility.

I would be really obliged if you can help me out.

I am giving an overview of my profile, if you can please check it out and let me know

My GMAT is scheduled in September. Aiming for 710+.

Education -

05/2016 - 06/2020 - Bachelor’s of Technology (B.Tech) - Information Technology

SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai

CGPA: 8.4 ( Around 87% )

Work Experience -

09/2020 - 02/2022 : Senior Analyst in CAPGEMINI
- Worked as a Salesforce Developer

Worked with client in Italy. Co-ordinated Use Case scenarios with development in Salesforce.

1.5 years of work-ex.
(Until Feb 2022 - have resigned thereafter to work with a NGO and working to take over my family business)

Certifications -

Salesforce Certified Administrator
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer 1
Copado Administrator

Will be able to complete 1 certification with ICPM Supervisor Professional certificate.

Extracurricular -

Committee Head of Aaruush - TECHNO Management Fest in College
- Participated Actively in organizing various events.
- Coordinated work in a project dedicated to raise awareness of need, applying strong leadership to enhance success.
- Developed a strong cooperative relationship with coworkers and managers.

( Could not provide any certificate regarding this )

Contributing with NGO - Working with Aashray NGO since past 1.5 years teaching rural students and conducting various workshops for different cause.

( Can get a strong LOR from here as well ).

Working as a Public Speaker motivating students in different govt schools

Writing valuable content on different niche on blog sites.

Participated in Plogging events with AIESEC.

Accomplishments -

Certificate of Appreciation ( Head Speaker ) - Placement talk on “Shape your Future” in my college last year.

Mini Olympics
- Silver Medalist in Foosball ( Table Soccer ).

Interests/Hobbies -

Problem Solving
Content Writing
Motivational Speaking
Traveling
Fitness and Nutrition
Art and Painting

Schools targeting -

HEC, INSEAD, ESSEC, and other top ivy schools

Questions -

1 - As far work experience is considered I was working till Feb 2022 (1.5 years of workex till then). After that I have been active into social work teaching rural students with a NGO.

So can we use this as a reason to justify that I only have 1.5 years of workex post which I have been into social cause and also working on getting into family business?

Do you think this way both my workex(1.5 yr) and my experience after that ( working in a NGO ) justify my year gap ( because I am not working full time since Feb22) before 2023 intake?

2 - Will this mean that I only have 1.5 years of work-ex and thus I am eligible to apply for 2023 intake?

Any other suggestions you would like to give?

Once again thank you for your help.

Regards
Pranav

Hello Pranav,
I see you want to get into MiM program, well let’s see the common eligibility requirement of MiM
MiM Requirement:
GMAT/GRE Optional
Work Experience required of 0-2 years
Minimum 7 band in IELTS

Now let’s see if you meet these requirements.
You are yet to give your GMAT and are aiming to score 710+. Most MiM programs do not require GMAT, hence if you want to you can skip giving GMAT, but yes in few colleges GMAT is preferred so it really depends on the admission criteria of your selected program.
In my opinion, I’d recommend you to go ahead and give your GMAT as it can favor your application during the admission process.

You mentioned you have a work experience of 1.5 years, that is more than required so you are golden here.

You haven’t mentioned IELTS anywhere in your profile, so I’d like to mention you must score at least 7 to get into your dream university

Additionally, your extracurriculars and volunteering speak for itself. Do not forget to mention it in your application and what values you learned while doing so.

All in all, I’d say you have a pretty good profile here, all you need to do is bring it all together and draft a killer application, that no school can reject.

If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
igtheog9987 wrote:
Asking coworker (and not manager) for LoR

Hello, I am thinking of applying to LBS 2023 intake for MiM. I am considering asking my coworker who is 2 years my senior to give me an LoR. Is this a good idea? Would there be any cons to it? Or should I ask a more senior person to help me out? Please let me know, thanks!

Hey

I don't know how much work experience you have, but MIM is the best choice since it is an excellent degree for recent graduates or those with only a few years of job experience. The estimated annual starting earnings of students from the world's top 10 institutions ranged from $75,423 (Università Bocconi) to $114,449 (Università Bocconi) (St. Gallen). Most MiM graduates have 0-2 years of work experience, so the remuneration is quite good for a newcomer.

More than 90% of graduates are employed within three months following graduation. St. Gallen not only scores first in terms of overall school ranking but also in terms of placement rate, with the greatest ever placement rate of 100%.

According to a 2014 employment data report quoted on the HEC's website, the two biggest areas that hire MiM degree holders are consulting (37%) and finance (24%). High technology (8%), consumer goods and food (7%), industries and utilities (6%), and media, recreation, and tourism (5%) are the next largest sectors.

Coming to your question, an LOR from a senior at work can help you get into a MIM university abroad. The eligibility criteria to pursue MIM abroad are 0-2 years of full-time work experience, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, a GMAT score, an IELTS score of at least 6.0-6.5, 2-3 Letters of Recommendation, Statement of Purpose. So, a LOR will greatly help you if you want to pursue MIM abroad.

If you would like, we can help you with your application process.
We have helped over 5000 students get admitted into their dream schools.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi,
I am Adinath. I aspire to enrol for Masters in Management and I have narrowed down my choice to 3 colleges
1) INSEAD
2) LBS
3) HEC Paris

I would really appreciate an opinion on the GMAT score I require to get into these colleges. My CGPA is on a lower side (6.45/10) but throughout my college I have taken up electives and participated in competitions that would help me develop my skill set as an entrepreneur (hence INSEAD is my first choice)

On practice tests, I am consistently getting 700-710 score. I am trying to improve. I will be writing my GMAT on 14th September 2022.

I graduated from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee in 2021 with B Tech. in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering.

The summary of my work experience is as follows (I have included the detailed version at the end):
1) Product Manager | ICICI Bank (one of the top Indian multinational bank and financial services company)
2) Founder | Tasveer8X10 (A startup I built that a platform for artists to monetise their art)
3) Marketing Intern | Dhanwantari Distributors Put. Ltd. (A B2C health product company)

My extra-curricular activities include:
1) I was a member of National Service Scheme, a fraternity that aims to foster the feelings of social service among the youth and provide them with a platform where they can make a difference in society as social leaders & administrators. As a member I scouted potential NGOs for collaboration and work in nearby villages in order to generate self-employment opportunities, to provide basic education and collection drives to help the needy. Our team organised and promoted Blood Donation camp for 3 consecutive years in IIT Roorkee

2) I was the deputy general secretary of Wellness Center, a student body that worked towards the goal to raise awareness about mental health among students and create a safe space where students felt safe to share their feelings. For doing so, me and my team organised workshops on peer counselling and emotional intelligence, devised and managed a series of events in mental health week. I managed the collaboration with YourDost, the overall Face-To-Face counselling, and e-counselling services and developed a system to validate the quality of services provided through student reviews.

3) I was the Manager of Marketing and Promotions for National Social Summit in 2019. The National Social Summit, organized by the National Service Scheme(NSS) IIT Roorkee was established in 2016. It is a platform to come together to address the socio-economic problems persisting in the country. It brings together the socially active groups present all across the country. This social-fest includes various events such as Panel Discussions, Case Studies, Social Drama, Workshops, Model United Nations and Cultural shows.

4) I was the general secretary of Metallurgical Engineering Society. It is a student body of the Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Roorkee, established in 1967 and since then it acts as an interface between student and the faculty. I led a team of 24 students and our goal was to make sure that the student community came together for academic, social, cultural, and athletic development and bridge the gap, if any, between students and faculties. For achieving these goals me and my team organised numerous events that witnessed participation from both, the student body and the faculties in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering department.

5) I was a member of Cinematic Section, a student body driven by their passion for film making. As a member I learnt the basics of film making and completed ‘Film appreciation course’ conducted by Film & Television Institute of India (FTII). I wrote screenplay for various videos like class song for the batch of 2019 and directed a short film, ‘Enunciator’.

6) I was a founding member of Stand-up Club, and learnt the art of stand-up comedy and performed at various events throughout the college.

The detailed version of my work experience:

1) I did my Marketing intern (from May 2019 to July 2019) at Dhanwantari Distributors Pvt. Ltd., a B2C marketing company with a goal to build Healthy India by providing people with the most effective Herbo-Nutritional health supplement products in addition to Organic Agricultural & Animal Health products. Here I learnt the basics of pharmaceutical supply chain. I got exposure to marketing operations and strategies to improve the distribution network and thus overall multi-level marketing business model for my team.

2) I was selected for Business Analyst internship (planned from May 2020 to July 2020) in Udaan, a B2B company. Udaan aims to solve core trade problems faced by small and medium businesses, that are unique to India, through its unique India-fit low-cost business model by leveraging technology and bringing the benefits of eCommerce. Because of Covid-19 and the lockdown being imposed nation-wide, my internship offer was revoked. Before revoking my offer, Udaan had conducted a series of online meetings that helped me understand their revenue model.

3) With the learnings from my previous internships, and elective courses, I founded Tasveer8X10, an online start-up to promote Indian artisan growth and help the local artists generate a monetary value for their art. I drew inspiration from the idea to normalise becoming an artist as a career in India. I managed a team of 22 people including designers, web developers, content writers, marketing freelancers, etc. and conducted extensive interviews of 10 artists (hair sketch artist, chalk art artist amongst several others) and developed an algorithm for deciding the right cost for an artwork. My team and I executed social media marketing through campaigns and sold 20 art pieces for local artists.

4) After my Bachelor’s degree I worked as Product Manager in ICICI Bank (from July 2021 to July 2022), one of the top Indian multinational bank and financial services company. As a product manager, I Independently managing projects in the Current Account Product Team.

- My main responsibility was to handle digital products created for corporate current accounts. These products included Infinite India, Commercial Paper, Saral GST, DigiQ and Cash Pop-up. I also ideated and, with help from technical team of ICICI, developed Foreign Currency accounts for insurance and Re-insurance brokers and Agent accounts for agents in Business correspondent model.

- For Infinite India, a product stack developed to be one stop solution for all the requirements of foreign companies incorporating in India, I handled operations, partner onboarding, lead generation and lead management.

- I was also responsible for ICICI’s competitor analysis, insight generation, data management and strategy development for Commercial Paper product portfolio, which brought business of ₹ 391 million in FY22.

- For other products like Saral GST, DigiQ and Cash Pop-up, my main tasks were of maintenance of the product, analysis of profitability and of guiding pan-India retail branches.

- I also handled multiple foreign currency accounts and accounts specifically designed for MNC clients like Special non-resident rupee accounts, Liaison Office accounts, Branch Office accounts, Project Office accounts, Non-Resident Ordinary (NRO) Account, Special Foreign currency accounts and accounts for agents of airline and shipping companies.

- My work included researching RBI circulars, FIMMDA (Fixed Income Money Market and Derivatives Association of India) guidelines and internal ICICI Bank circulars to address client queries.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
dheeraj21 wrote:
For MIM/MBA, 2023 intake
NAME: SAI DHEERAJ
10th: 9.3
12 : 92.2%
B.tech: 8.00 from VIT(Vellore institute of technology) class of 2022
GMAT: 750 Q51,V40
INTERNSHIP: 6 months internship at PwC(price Waterhouse Coopers)

Work experience: currently working as a consultant at PwC. Working for a client tata Hitachi in customer experience.

Extra curricular experience: president of two clubs in college and worked with ngos such as nss and harajeevan.

Hey, Dheeraj

Your profile shows a lot of promise, and you sure are on your way to getting into the best B Schools abroad. However, I would suggest you go for a MIM since an MBA requires a minimum of 3 years of work experience, and that's the only thing you have less in your profile.

The estimated annual starting earnings of students from the world's top 10 institutions ranged from $75,423 (Università Bocconi) to $114,449 (Università Bocconi) (St. Gallen). Most MiM graduates have 0-2 years of work experience, so the remuneration is quite good for newcomers.

More than 90% of graduates are employed within three months following graduation. St. Gallen not only scores first in terms of overall school ranking but also in terms of placement rate, with the greatest ever placement rate of 100%.

According to a 2014 employment data report quoted on the HEC's website, the two biggest areas that hire MiM degree holders are consulting (37%) and finance (24%). High technology (8%), consumer goods and food (7%), industries and utilities (6%), and media, recreation, and tourism (5%) are the next largest sectors.

The eligibility criteria to pursue MIM abroad are 0-2 years of full-time work experience, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent, a GMAT score, an IELTS score of at least 6.0-6.5, 2-3 Letters of Recommendation, Statement of Purpose. With such an impressive profile and your extracurricular activities highlighting your leadership skills, you can go for a MIM and enter any top B schools abroad.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
shrivatsp wrote:
Hi guys,

I am Male 21 from India with
X: CGPA 10, XII: 88%
B. Tech in Computer Science (finishing 2023) CGPA: 8.46/10
GMAT aiming 700+, appearing in September
3 Month Internship at a Startup
Vice Chairperson at a College Club for an year

MiM Colleges Sept 2023 Intake:
Super Dream: LBS/INSEAD/HEC
Dream: Imperial/LSE/ESSEC/ESADE
Need to decide upon a backup course/college as well

Your profile shows a lot of promise, and you sure can get admission into any top B-school to pursue MIM. Though MIM doesn’t require any previous work experience, you have 3 months of work experience which is a value addition to your profile.

I don't think you need to plan for a backup with such an impressive profile, still here is a list of courses that you can target just in case you don’t get to pursue MIM.
Eligibility criteria for the Master of Management Studies (MMS):
A bachelor's degree in any discipline or an equivalent university examination is required for admission to a master's degree programme in management studies.
Graduate students in their final year of study are also eligible to apply for this programme. They must provide proof of graduation degree completion within the timeframe specified by the institute.
The institutes, in particular, adhere to the AICTE's lowest possible score criteria for graduation, which is 50 per cent or equivalent. The average reserved candidate score is 45 per cent.
Master of Business Administration (Retail Management): A graduation degree is required for this course. The applicant must have a bachelor's degree from a recognised university with a recommended total of 45 per cent or some other comparable test. Academic backgrounds are not restricted. Candidates with any level of experience are welcome to apply for and participate in this course.
Eligibility criteria for the Master of Marketing Management (MMM): A bachelor's degree or equivalent with at least 50% marks from an approved college or institute is required for admission to the Master's degree programme in Marketing Management.

If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Hi all,
Would appreciate any help in identifying my chances at getting certain schools and if there any additional ones I can apply to. I would like to pursue a master's program that has good consulting opportunities post graduation. Having SCM and/or ERP courses would be a major plus. Not looking for a technical course. My profile is as below
Background: Indian, 25 years old, Female
UG: 8.69/10 Electronics and Communication
GMAT: 650. IELTS: Yet to give
Work exp: 2 yrs in big 4 tech consulting in SCM domain.
Post Master goals: Consulting/ Supply Chain
Schools:
1. Michigan Ross Ms SCM
2. UW Foster Ms SCM
3. USC Ms SCM
4. Essec MiM
5. Warwick MiM

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to get some feedback on my profile
Background and nationality: Australian, majoring in Finance
Undergrad Information: Commerce degree at USYD, 3.0 GPA (roughly)
GMAT/GRE: Targetting a 700+ GMAT
Work experience:
- Big 4 public sector consulting
- Big 4 Financial services consulting in Hong Kong
- Operational intern at a small investment firm
Leadership: Deputy director in a finance society, Events planning for campus club
Community and others: Management board with local community organization - helping plan fundraising efforts and marketing campaign
Post master goals: Hopefully rectify GPA issue and aiming for a strategy consulting job

I was wondering about my chances at schools like:
1. LBS MiM/MFA
2. Duke MMS
3. USC MMS

Definitely know that the GPA is gonna be a weakness, but hoping to use a high GMAT and decent work experience to offset that. Just worried that it might hold me back significantly.

Thank you!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Background and nationality: Indian female (non traditional background)
Bachelors: National Institute of Fashion Technology, B.Des 2018-2022 (CGPA: 8.8/10)
Several internships in fashion sector (did significant work in startups)
Some sports and cultural event participation
NGO work
Worked for upliftment of a particular social community
Online courses related to business and management

GMAT score: 710
Aiming for ESSEC, ESSEC, Bocconi, EDHEC
Confused about which other university to target

Wish to select a UK university to send my score to, and had finalized Warwick over Imperial as I thought Warwick would be a safer option keeping in mind I will be applying to the top unis in France. However, Warwick's application portal stated that a GMAT score is not needed and would not add value to the application. Should I send my score to Warwick or not? Or should I just apply to Imperial instead?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
Megsy wrote:
Hi all,
Would appreciate any help in identifying my chances at getting certain schools and if there any additional ones I can apply to. I would like to pursue a master's program that has good consulting opportunities post graduation. Having SCM and/or ERP courses would be a major plus. Not looking for a technical course. My profile is as below
Schools:
1. Michigan Ross Ms SCM
2. UW Foster Ms SCM
3. USC Ms SCM
4. Essec MiM
5. Warwick MiM

Hi Megsy hope this finds you well

Your school selection is spot on, especially for SCM- 1,2, and 3. What is the breakup of your GMAT? I would strongly recommend you consider retaking the exam if studying MS SCM from only the best in the US tops your list. Target a 730+ on GMAT and back that up with a stellar application. ESSEC MiM and Warwick should be doable with a sub 700 GMAT, but I am not too sure about the opportunities after graduation.

Best wishes
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
Megsy wrote:
Hi all,
Schools:
1. Michigan Ross Ms SCM
2. UW Foster Ms SCM
3. USC Ms SCM
4. Essec MiM
5. Warwick MiM

Your choice of schools, especially for SCM- 1, 2, and 3, is excellent. What is your GMAT breakdown? If learning MS SCM exclusively from the best in the US is at the top of your agenda, I would strongly advise you to think about retaking the exam. Aim for a GMAT score of 730 or higher, and support it with a strong application. With a GMAT below 700, ESSEC MiM and Warwick might be achievable, however I'm not sure about the job prospects following graduation.

BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION
In this call, you will be getting:

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi all, it would be of great help if you could please evaluate my profile for MiM programs in Europe and the UK.

I'm a 22-year old female from India. 
Undegrad: I've graduated from a tier 2 college in my country with a GPA of 9.2/10
GMAT score: 700 (V38, Q48). 
Work eperience: I've recently started working for Deloitte as an analyst and have done an internship in college for 2 months. 
I haven't worked in any NGO's or had any kind of start-up of my own. 
Extracurricular activities: I have a Visharad(equivalent to a Bachelor's) in Kathak(Indian dance form) and have even represented India in an international dance festival. I was also the logistics head of my college drama team and won multiple national and intercollegiate competitions. I have also acted professionally in a few gigs.

I really want to get into the HEC Paris and INSEAD MiM programs. Please do let me know if my profile is a right fit for these programs and whether I should retake the GMAT or take any other steps to improve my profile. 
(I am also applying to LBS and LSE apart from these colleges).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  38   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts