Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hello, I am from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA. I am a Computer Science Engineering undergraduate from a Gandhi Institute of technology and management (deemed) university in Vizag, which is a decent college in INDIA and in Andhra Pradesh. I am a fresher with a 7.23 CGPA i.e 3.1 GPA (in the US Scale). I have scored 705 in the GMAT and 7 band points in IELTS examination. My Profile incudes huge range of leadership roles and activities. Right from my childhood I've been an enthusiastic child at school. Later in my undergraduation, I've been into technical projects in my computer science background and then an internship in the same sector. Since my 2nd year in college I have been into multiple organisations and into team leader roles and other volunteer works. I've worked into an organisation called AIESEC for a year, where I have been a team leader, organised events, organised multiple teams and overshooted my targets and increased the revenue by 50% to the organisation. Later I've been into market research internships, human resource internships and other marketing projects. Also, during covid I've done multiple online certification courses like digital marketing, negotiation, MS OFFICE, Advanced Python. Also the past few months after graduation I've been associated with a Startup incubator, where i was able to contribute to the incubator through my network in vizag and organisational skills and was able to build the incubator from scratch and was in close working space with the CEO of the incubator and learnt a lot about startups and the startup culture in the past few months. I have a strong letters of recommendation from this reputed CEO, who is also an alumni from very prestigious b-schools around the globe and in India, i.e from Harvard and from IIM Bangalore.
Now may i know my chances of accepted into prestigious b-schools like duke fuqua, michigan ross, Dartmouth truck ,Goizueta business school ,Georgetown mcdonough , UC berkely haas

Cornel (Johnson)
Boston university
USC Marshall
Florida
Texas andm ,mays
University of Rochester (ny )
University of buffalo
Purdue ( krammert)
Ucla(Anderson )
Carnegie (Pittsburg)
University of Virginia (darden)
Notre Dame

or any other masters programs from top b-schools according to your knowledge.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Chaitr wrote:
Hello, I am from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA. I am a Computer Science Engineering undergraduate from a Gandhi Institute of technology and management (deemed) university in Vizag, which is a decent college in INDIA and in Andhra Pradesh. I am a fresher with a 7.23 CGPA i.e 3.1 GPA (in the US Scale). I have scored 705 in the GMAT and 7 band points in IELTS examination. My Profile incudes huge range of leadership roles and activities. Right from my childhood I've been an enthusiastic child at school. Later in my undergraduation, I've been into technical projects in my computer science background and then an internship in the same sector. Since my 2nd year in college I have been into multiple organisations and into team leader roles and other volunteer works. I've worked into an organisation called AIESEC for a year, where I have been a team leader, organised events, organised multiple teams and overshooted my targets and increased the revenue by 50% to the organisation. Later I've been into market research internships, human resource internships and other marketing projects. Also, during covid I've done multiple online certification courses like digital marketing, negotiation, MS OFFICE, Advanced Python. Also the past few months after graduation I've been associated with a Startup incubator, where i was able to contribute to the incubator through my network in vizag and organisational skills and was able to build the incubator from scratch and was in close working space with the CEO of the incubator and learnt a lot about startups and the startup culture in the past few months. I have a strong letters of recommendation from this reputed CEO, who is also an alumni from very prestigious b-schools around the globe and in India, i.e from Harvard and from IIM Bangalore.
Now may i know my chances of accepted into prestigious b-schools like duke fuqua, michigan ross, Dartmouth truck ,Goizueta business school ,Georgetown mcdonough , UC berkely haas

Cornel (Johnson)
Boston university
USC Marshall
Florida
Texas andm ,mays
University of Rochester (ny )
University of buffalo
Purdue ( krammert)
Ucla(Anderson )
Carnegie (Pittsburg)
University of Virginia (darden)
Notre Dame

or any other masters programs from top b-schools according to your knowledge.

Hey Chaitr,

Based on the information you have shared, it seems like you have a solid profile for a Master in Management (MiM) program. It looks like you have a strong background in computer science engineering and have been actively involved in various leadership and technical projects. Your 7.23 CGPA and 705 GMAT score are impressive, and your IELTS score of 7 band points shows that you are proficient in English. Additionally, your experiences in market research, human resource management, and digital marketing demonstrate your diverse skill set and your willingness to learn and grow.

Your association with a startup incubator and having a strong letter of recommendation from a CEO who is an alumnus of prestigious b-schools like Harvard and IIM Bangalore adds to your profile and highlights your skills in networking and organizational management.

Based on your background, you have a strong profile to apply to top MiM programs. Some of the top b-schools you listed, like Cornell, Duke Fuqua, Michigan Ross, Babson, Kellogg, Boston University, and Carnegie Mellon, are considered to be highly prestigious for your profile.

In conclusion, I would suggest that you put together a compelling application that showcases quantification in your strengths.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to setup a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
dubidubidubi wrote:
Hello! MiMEssay

Looking to get some feedback for upcoming admissions!

I am a 22 y/old student with a bachelor in Economics and Poli Sci from McGill, looking to apply for MIMs in Europe.
I graduated with a 3.05 (In my first year I had a 2.1 but all subsequent years above 3.2)
670 GMAT with Q44 V39 (going to pass it again next week in hopes of getting a 700, my V is usually around V42)
8 months of work in Sales (+ internships in politics). Extracurricular includes debating, and creating a soon-to-be-published board game
Nigerian-British
Looking to go into media consulting
What are my chances looking like for ESCP, HEC, ESSEC, INSEAD, Bocconi, LBS and LSE

Thank you!

Hey dubidubidubi,

Your GPA of 3.05 is decent, but having a brand name like McGill on your resume can definitely set you apart. To make the most of your experience and showcase your achievements, try to quantify your work accomplishments. This could include specific sales figures, lead conversion rates, and details about mentorship roles, awards, or any other relevant information. Also, don't forget to highlight your leadership and organizational skills through extracurricular activities such as debating or participation in NGOs. Consider obtaining certifications relevant to your career goals to further strengthen your profile. And, if you're aiming for top schools like HEC, ISEAD, LBS, LSE, and Bocconi, consider retaking the GMAT with a goal of at least 700. With a little extra effort to quantify and align your profile with your career goals, you'll be able to showcase your strengths effectively and make a great impression.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I am looking for feedback on my profile and see what masters program is possible. I am German and 24 years old and look to start my masters in fall 2023.

I did my bachelors degree in 8 semesters instead of 6 with an average grade of 2.2 (should be 2.8 according to the American system) at a relatively unknown university of applied sciences in Germany. I did a semester abroad in Korea at a top university there.

My Gmat score is 620 (V38/Q36)

TOEFL score is 108.

I founded a startup 4 years ago working in ecommerce, it-services and startup consulting. annual revenue was in the low 6 figures area. Now I am starting an internship at PwC in the forensic area.

I am politically active in my community.

My plan is to continue with consulting internships throughout my masters program so that I can land a job at a top tier consulting firm after my masters (Thinking McKinsey, BCG, Bain). But I do not know for sure which master program I can realistically land with my profile that would also help me reach my long term goals. Any advice?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
sottex wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for feedback on my profile and see what masters program is possible. I am German and 24 years old and look to start my masters in fall 2023.

I did my bachelors degree in 8 semesters instead of 6 with an average grade of 2.2 (should be 2.8 according to the American system) at a relatively unknown university of applied sciences in Germany. I did a semester abroad in Korea at a top university there.

My Gmat score is 620 (V38/Q36)

TOEFL score is 108.

I founded a startup 4 years ago working in ecommerce, it-services and startup consulting. annual revenue was in the low 6 figures area. Now I am starting an internship at PwC in the forensic area.

I am politically active in my community.

My plan is to continue with consulting internships throughout my masters program so that I can land a job at a top tier consulting firm after my masters (Thinking McKinsey, BCG, Bain). But I do not know for sure which master program I can realistically land with my profile that would also help me reach my long term goals. Any advice?

Hey sottex,

Based on the information you have shared, I can see that you have a decent academic background and as this is from a well-known university in Germany, so it won’t be an issue.

Your e-commerce startup experience and success in growing the business is definitely a valuable asset for you to target top schools abroad. Be sure to highlight how you were able to increase revenue and reduce operational costs, and provide quantifiable examples of your impact on the organization. Additionally, discuss how you managed and led a team, demonstrating your leadership skills.

Your current role at PwC is also impressive, as it is a respected brand. Emphasize the clients you have worked with and any international exposure you have gained, showcasing your ability to work with a diverse set of clients and adapt to different environments.

Extracurricular activities can also play a vital role while applying to top schools. If you haven't been involved in any NGOs or other organizations in the past, consider exploring such opportunities to demonstrate your proactiveness and willingness to contribute to society.

Regarding your GMAT score, a score of at least 690 or higher would be beneficial for applying to top MBA programs. While your current score may be a bit low, with your profile and work experience, you have the potential to get into top schools. Consider taking the exam again in a year or two to increase your chances of admission.

Lastly, I would recommend you target MBA programs with a minimum of four to five years of work experience to ensure that you have the necessary experience to contribute to classroom discussions and benefit from the program.

Top schools in the US are a good option, but there are also excellent programs in Germany, such as WHU, Mannheim, and FSFM, which may also be suitable given your background. Overall, showcase your achievements and strengths, while demonstrating your potential as a future leader in the business world.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 560 Q45 V23
Send PM
Hi everyone!
I'm going to apply for my master in 23 Fall, and I'm looking to get some feedback on my proflie here!

I'm 24 yr-old Taiwanese, holding a bachelor degree in Bussiness Administration, looking to apply MiM programs in Germany,

IELTS:7.5
GMAT 560(Q45/V23) took it yesterday and going to retake in late March try to get 600 or above
GPA 3.7/4.0 (Vpd trans 1.4)
11 month full time job in PwC as auditor
3 internships (Audit 5 mon/PR and ESG 4 mon/Investment dep intern in Tech 2 Mon)
an exchange semester in Germany

I am currently on gap year since last July, planning to apply for Mannheim, University of Köln, LMU, maybe try out TUM as well(cause I'm not 100% sure if I am qualified in the Subject-related requirements sector), or any recommendation from Germany public b-schools according to your knowledge.
I'm not confident with my GMAT since most Uni made it as optional, but I'll give my best shot.

Thank you in advance!!!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
applelin wrote:
Hi everyone!
I'm going to apply for my master in 23 Fall, and I'm looking to get some feedback on my proflie here!

I'm 24 yr-old Taiwanese, holding a bachelor degree in Bussiness Administration, looking to apply MiM programs in Germany,

IELTS:7.5
GMAT 560(Q45/V23) took it yesterday and going to retake in late March try to get 600 or above
GPA 3.7/4.0 (Vpd trans 1.4)
11 month full time job in PwC as auditor
3 internships (Audit 5 mon/PR and ESG 4 mon/Investment dep intern in Tech 2 Mon)
an exchange semester in Germany

I am currently on gap year since last July, planning to apply for Mannheim, University of Köln, LMU, maybe try out TUM as well(cause I'm not 100% sure if I am qualified in the Subject-related requirements sector), or any recommendation from Germany public b-schools according to your knowledge.
I'm not confident with my GMAT since most Uni made it as optional, but I'll give my best shot.

Thank you in advance!!!

Hey applelin,

Let's start by talking about your academics. Congratulations on your impressive GPA of 3.7! While schools in Germany may not have a specific minimum GPA requirement, your consistent academic performance is certainly noteworthy.

Another aspect that admissions committees may consider is the reputation of your undergraduate institution. If you attended a tier one school in Taiwan, that can definitely work in your favor.

Moving on to your work experience, your time as an auditor at PwC is definitely a strong point in your profile. However, it would be helpful if you could provide more details about the projects you worked on, any international exposure you gained, and the business impact you made. Quantifying your accomplishments can make a big difference in demonstrating your skills and experience.

When it comes to extracurriculars, this is an area where you may want to invest some more time and effort. Many top schools place significant weight on extracurricular activities, so it's important to showcase a well-rounded profile. Consider volunteering or joining clubs, and don't forget to highlight any CSR activities you may be involved in at PwC.

Taking additional courses on platforms like Coursera and Udemy can also help demonstrate your dedication to continuous learning.

Lastly, let's talk about the GMAT. While your score of 560 may not be ideal for the schools you're interested in, you still have time to prepare and aim for a higher score of 670 or 680, which will increase your chances of acceptance. Keep in mind that a good GMAT score is just one aspect of your application, so don't forget to focus on other areas as well.

Overall, with a little bit of focus and effort, you can create a strong application and aim for some great schools like Mannheim, WHU, FSFM, and Cologne. Just remember to showcase your accomplishments and present a well-rounded profile.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone !

I leave you my profile, I hope you can enlighten me.

I am a 21 year old man, I am French and I am looking to apply for the MiMs of LBS, Insead and LSE.

I am a student at ESSEC, in Global BBA, but I was also admitted to the Double-Degree with Tongji University. So I will be graduating with 2 BBAs at the end of the 2024 school year.

On the GPA side, I will graduate with an equivalent of First-class Honors at ESSEC, and I obtained the mention "Excellence" at Tongji University.

I also have a large number of certifications in various subjects that interest me and that I can use during my application.

In terms of professional experience, I did a first internship as a Data Analyst in a start-up, then I joined EY for a 6-month internship in audit (missions for the CAC40).

I also took over the management of one of the "Junior Enterprises" at my university, after having worked there as a Junior Consultant, Senior Consultant, then Project Manager successively for 3 years.

I also have a number of extracurricular activities:

- I am President of an association of Debates on the scale of Paris.
- I worked voluntarily for humanitarian associations during the last three years.
- I have been a member of a swim club for over 14 years.
- I am the representative of my class at ESSEC.
- I am certified "Handicap & Talent" for the management of employees with disabilities.

I took the Toefl IBT last year without review and got 106/120. I will take the GMAT when I return from China in a few months, and I am aiming for a score of 700+.

Well, I hope that with all this you will have some advice for me!

Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
C2CTheo wrote:
Hello everyone !

I leave you my profile, I hope you can enlighten me.

I am a 21 year old man, I am French and I am looking to apply for the MiMs of LBS, Insead and LSE.

I am a student at ESSEC, in Global BBA, but I was also admitted to the Double-Degree with Tongji University. So I will be graduating with 2 BBAs at the end of the 2024 school year.

On the GPA side, I will graduate with an equivalent of First-class Honors at ESSEC, and I obtained the mention "Excellence" at Tongji University.

I also have a large number of certifications in various subjects that interest me and that I can use during my application.

In terms of professional experience, I did a first internship as a Data Analyst in a start-up, then I joined EY for a 6-month internship in audit (missions for the CAC40).

I also took over the management of one of the "Junior Enterprises" at my university, after having worked there as a Junior Consultant, Senior Consultant, then Project Manager successively for 3 years.

I also have a number of extracurricular activities:

- I am President of an association of Debates on the scale of Paris.
- I worked voluntarily for humanitarian associations during the last three years.
- I have been a member of a swim club for over 14 years.
- I am the representative of my class at ESSEC.
- I am certified "Handicap & Talent" for the management of employees with disabilities.

I took the Toefl IBT last year without review and got 106/120. I will take the GMAT when I return from China in a few months, and I am aiming for a score of 700+.

Well, I hope that with all this you will have some advice for me!

Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device

Hey C2CTheo,

You have an impressive profile with a strong brand name in undergrad which makes you eligible to aim for some good schools. But, there's a need for some improvements, so here are a few tips to help to make your profile stand out. First, aim for a 700+ GMAT score and consider practising with GMAT prep tests or hiring a tutor.

Second, highlight and quantify your leadership experience by emphasising specific outcomes or achievements, such as successfully leading a project, taking on additional responsibilities, mentoring team members, finding innovative solutions, or contributing to company growth.

Third, connect your extracurricular activities with your career goals, such as how your volunteer work with humanitarian associations influenced your decision to pursue a career in social impact. Fourth, in your personal statement, avoid cliches and be specific about why you want to attend the particular school and how your past experiences prepared you for success in the program.

Finally, choose your recommenders carefully and provide them with specific examples of your accomplishments and goals to help them write a more detailed and personalised recommendation. Keep building on your achievements and making connections between your experiences and goals. By highlighting your leadership experience, you can demonstrate your potential as a future leader in the business world and improve your chances of a successful application. If you can score 700 or above then you can surely aim for LBS, LSE, HEC Paris, ESCP and INSEAD.

Firstly, it would be helpful to highlight that pursuing a dual degree program at Tong University is a noteworthy achievement.

Moreover, your undergrad school, which is ESSEC, is a well-regarded institution in the field of business education. This is certainly a point worth mentioning in his profile.

Regarding the GMAT score, aiming for a 700 is a reasonable target. However, it would be helpful to know if you have taken any GMAT preparation courses or planning to do so.

In terms of extracurricular activities, your profile is well-rounded. However, it would be beneficial to discuss your internship experience and the one in the big four companies. You could mention the skills you gained during his six-month internship and how this experience contributed to your personal and professional growth.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hey there, I am looking to apply for masters in 2023 Winter and looking for feed on my profile.
I am 21-year-old Indian male, holding a bachelor degree in Business Administration from Osmania University.

GMAT – 620 (Q44/V31) took it today and messed up the verbal section really bad. Not looking to retake the exam at least for this admit)
GPA – 9.22 GPA (German grade – 1.47) (3.74 GPA). No semester exchange or international experience.
I hold Diploma and Advance Diploma in Management accounting from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA UK)
Freelance writer for a media publication for 3 years. Writing thousands of articles with millions of reads. (Interviewing players, preparing engaging game related content for the readers)
6 months paid work experience as content specialist in a leading esports publication (Managing a team of writers to reach the daily and monthly content count, setting up interviews with prominent personalities, and more)
10 months of internship at a manufacturing business as a sales trainee and cost accountant (Led a team of employees to convert sales lead, pursue leads to ensure that sales goals are made, prepare and reviewing budgets and suggesting corrective action)
I am also an International rated chess player and have participated in several state, district level and school level competition.
Interesting schools/programs: University of Mannheim (Masters in Management), University of Cologne (Msc Business Administration), TUM MiM, KU Leuven (Masters in Business Administration), Charles III University of Madrid (Masters in Finance, Masters in Management), UC Louvain (Masters in Management).

Please let me know what you think about my overall profile and fairly letting me know what are my chances to get an offer from any one of these institutions.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
ExWhyZed wrote:
Hey there, I am looking to apply for masters in 2023 Winter and looking for feed on my profile.
I am 21-year-old Indian male, holding a bachelor degree in Business Administration from Osmania University.

GMAT – 620 (Q44/V31) took it today and messed up the verbal section really bad. Not looking to retake the exam at least for this admit)
GPA – 9.22 GPA (German grade – 1.47) (3.74 GPA). No semester exchange or international experience.
I hold Diploma and Advance Diploma in Management accounting from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA UK)
Freelance writer for a media publication for 3 years. Writing thousands of articles with millions of reads. (Interviewing players, preparing engaging game related content for the readers)
6 months paid work experience as content specialist in a leading esports publication (Managing a team of writers to reach the daily and monthly content count, setting up interviews with prominent personalities, and more)
10 months of internship at a manufacturing business as a sales trainee and cost accountant (Led a team of employees to convert sales lead, pursue leads to ensure that sales goals are made, prepare and reviewing budgets and suggesting corrective action)
I am also an International rated chess player and have participated in several state, district level and school level competition.
Interesting schools/programs: University of Mannheim (Masters in Management), University of Cologne (Msc Business Administration), TUM MiM, KU Leuven (Masters in Business Administration), Charles III University of Madrid (Masters in Finance, Masters in Management), UC Louvain (Masters in Management).

Please let me know what you think about my overall profile and fairly letting me know what are my chances to get an offer from any one of these institutions.

Hey ExWhyZed,

Your profile is impressive with a mix of academic, professional, and extracurricular experiences. However, to improve your chances of being accepted into the Masters programs you're interested in, there are a few things you could consider. Firstly, your GMAT score of 620 is slightly below the average for the programs you're applying to. A higher GMAT in the range of 690- 720 score can make a big difference in demonstrating your academic abilities, so it's worth considering retaking the exam. Secondly, gaining international experience can demonstrate intercultural skills and adaptability, which universities value. Volunteering abroad or participating in an exchange program can be great ways to gain this experience. Lastly, it's important to focus on how your professional experiences relate to the program you're applying for.

To highlight your leadership and impact at work, provide specific examples of how you managed and led your team to achieve certain goals. For instance, in your role as a content specialist in the esports publication, highlight how you managed a team of writers to reach daily and monthly content counts, and set up interviews with prominent personalities to produce engaging and informative content. Additionally, emphasise the impact of your work by mentioning any metrics you used to measure success, such as increased traffic or engagement.

In your internship at the manufacturing business, emphasise how you led a team of employees to convert sales leads and pursued potential clients, ultimately achieving sales goals. Highlight any revenue or profit growth that resulted from your sales efforts. By showcasing these examples of your leadership and impact at work, you can demonstrate your skills and achievements to admissions committees and show how they are relevant to your chosen program.

You can have a good chance at University of Mannheim, Cologne, TUM, KU Leuven, Charles III University of Madrid and UC Louvain. Apart from colleges in Germany, you also have additional options like France and Spain. In France, some excellent universities include HEC Paris and INSEAD. In Spain, IESE Business School is highly regarded.

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 11 Apr 2023, 04:37.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 11 Apr 2023, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Thanks for evaluating my profile at such a short notice. At present, I barely have any time to improve my GMAT score as the admissions to all of my desired programs conclude in May and at such a short notice giving a shot to improve the score looks nothing but a waste of an attempt. I am thinking to giving it a go with the current score for this season/admit and if decisions go against, I will work again on GMAT.

MiMEssay wrote:
ExWhyZed wrote:

Hey ExWhyZed,

Your profile is impressive with a mix of academic, professional, and extracurricular experiences. However, to improve your chances of being accepted into the Masters programs you're interested in, there are a few things you could consider. Firstly, your GMAT score of 620 is slightly below the average for the programs you're applying to. A higher GMAT in the range of 690- 720 score can make a big difference in demonstrating your academic abilities, so it's worth considering retaking the exam. Secondly, gaining international experience can demonstrate intercultural skills and adaptability, which universities value. Volunteering abroad or participating in an exchange program can be great ways to gain this experience. Lastly, it's important to focus on how your professional experiences relate to the program you're applying for.

To highlight your leadership and impact at work, provide specific examples of how you managed and led your team to achieve certain goals. For instance, in your role as a content specialist in the esports publication, highlight how you managed a team of writers to reach daily and monthly content counts, and set up interviews with prominent personalities to produce engaging and informative content. Additionally, emphasise the impact of your work by mentioning any metrics you used to measure success, such as increased traffic or engagement.

In your internship at the manufacturing business, emphasise how you led a team of employees to convert sales leads and pursued potential clients, ultimately achieving sales goals. Highlight any revenue or profit growth that resulted from your sales efforts. By showcasing these examples of your leadership and impact at work, you can demonstrate your skills and achievements to admissions committees and show how they are relevant to your chosen program.

Apart from colleges in Germany, you also have additional options like France and Spain. In France, some excellent universities include HEC Paris and INSEAD. In Spain, IESE Business School is highly regarded.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I am looking for MiM(HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, etc.) in Europe, the UK, and Ireland.

Background and nationality: 25-year-old Indian
Undergrad Information: BTech Computer from NMIMS University, Mumbai with CGPA of 3.11/4
GRE: 316 (can definitely retake GRE or take GMAT)
IELTS: 7.5
Work experience: 2 years (at the time of applying, can leave the job if work ex will be a lot for MiM)

Leadership:
-Dance Committee of MPSTME – SubHead
• Organized cultural events at the university
• Headed in choreographing various performances for dance competitions
-Marketing Cell of MPSTME - SubHead
• Coordinated logistics and managed events organized by the committee.

Internships: I have done 2 internships, one in Larson and Toubro Infotech and the other in Majesco Ptv Ltd.

Extracurriculars: Dancing since childhood, a district-level basketball player in school, and drums grade 1 certified

I'm really curious to know if I have a good chance to get into good Bschools for MiM. If not MiM, which other management courses can I target?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I am looking for MiM(HEC, ESSEC, ESCP, etc.) in Europe, the UK, and Ireland.

Undergrad Information: BTech Computer from NMIMS University, Mumbai with CGPA of 3.11/4
Work experience: 2 years (at the time of applying, can leave the job if work ex will be a lot for MiM)

Leadership:

Internships: I have done 2 internships, one in Larson and Toubro Infotech and the other in Majesco Ptv Ltd.

Extracurriculars: Dancing since childhood, a district-level basketball player in school, and drums grade 1 certified

I'm really curious to know if I have a good chance to get into good Bschools for MiM. If not MiM, which other management courses can I target?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Arushij2604 wrote:

Leadership:

Hey Arushij2604,

Given that your GPA is slightly on the lower end, will recommend that you try to push your GRE score by a couple of points as that will help your tremendously during the application process. Your work experience will definitely be a positive when compared to others in the application pool, who in a lot of cases have no professional experience, so would recommend highlighting unique aspects of your experience in the application. The LBS MIM has an upper limit of 2 years, however there isnt such a constrain for other schools so would advice against quitting your job prior to the application. Also, you have some decent leadership experience during your college, however do highlight what you have been doing post graduation in your extra-curricular as that will help add some flavor to your profile, currently that aspect seems light.
Overall, you will have a good shot at European MIMs post tackling your GRE score and working on your ECs.
In addition, to the above mentioned schools, also have a look at the StGallen program and German MIMs as those will be cheaper than most other conventional EU MIMs.
Hope that help? Feel free to reach out if you have any further queries.

All the best!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Arushij2604, here is your Profile Evaluation! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Arushij2604 wrote:

Leadership:

Hey Arushij2604,

To enhance your chances of admission to top MiM programs and other relevant management courses, it is crucial to showcase specific academic achievements, projects, or coursework that highlight your abilities and potential. Consider sticking to the GRE. Alongside your two years of work experience, evaluate the relevance and impact of your current job to your future management goals. Highlight transferable skills, leadership experiences, and notable accomplishments. Further enhance your profile by seeking additional internships or part-time positions in management-related fields.

Emphasize your leadership potential and organizational skills through experiences in the Dance Committee and Marketing Cell, highlighting specific responsibilities and positive impacts. Your district-level basketball achievement and drums certification demonstrate a well-rounded personality and commitment beyond academics. When discussing work experience, provide quantifications and examples of leadership in project management, such as successfully leading cross-functional teams and delivering projects ahead of schedule. Highlight instances where you initiated process improvements that resulted in cost savings or enhanced operational efficiency. Showcase your mentorship and team development skills by describing how you guided and supported junior colleagues, leading to their professional growth.

Finally, explore alternative management courses such as an MBA or specialized master's programs that align with your long-term career goals. Consider factors like curriculum, faculty, alumni network, and employment outcomes. By focusing on these aspects and demonstrating your leadership, problem-solving, and impact, you can increase your chances of admission to top MiM programs and other relevant management courses. Now, let's proceed with the necessary actions and address any potential concerns, such as the graduation cutoff and test retakes.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I want to do Masters in Finance. I have completed my graduation. I have no work experience. My undergraduate university ranked very low globally and nationally.

Profile:

Nationality: Bangladesh

Undergraduate: 4 years BBA completed from very low ranked university from Bangladesh. CGPA 3.70

GMAT: 720

Work Experience: I have no work experience.

Targeted Program: HEC, ESCP, LSE, LBS.

Semi Target: Vanderbilt University, UT Austin, Villanova University, University of Rochester, ESADE, BOCCONI,ESCP,EDHEC.

Post Master Goal: Investment Banking.

Will my undergraduate university's low ranking prevent me from being accepted into target or semi-target programs? Among the above programs, Vanderbilt, LBS , ESCP ,Esade HEC programs do I have a higher chance of being accepted?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Nors787 wrote:
I want to do Masters in Finance. I have completed my graduation. I have no work experience. My undergraduate university ranked very low globally and nationally.

Profile:

Nationality: Bangladesh

Undergraduate: 4 years BBA completed from very low ranked university from Bangladesh. CGPA 3.70

GMAT: 720

Work Experience: I have no work experience.

Targeted Program: HEC, ESCP, LSE, LBS.

Semi Target: Vanderbilt University, UT Austin, Villanova University, University of Rochester, ESADE, BOCCONI,ESCP,EDHEC.

Post Master Goal: Investment Banking.

Will my undergraduate university's low ranking prevent me from being accepted into target or semi-target programs? Among the above programs, Vanderbilt, LBS , ESCP ,Esade HEC programs do I have a higher chance of being accepted?

Hi Nors787 hope you are doing well

Do you have any internships in the related domain that you could draw upon for motivation to study finance further? Honestly without any internships it could be very tricky to add much meat to your applications.

You could count on the diversity aspect to strengthen your story, however. Focus on schools that will give you a chance even with 0 work experience. Such schools tend to be more focused on academic orientation. LSE is one such school. LBS and HEC will prefer seeing finance heavy internships or some work experience. Getting into lower tier schools may not get you the optimum outcome, but definitely reach out to the schools and alumni to understand you options well before you apply.

I believe that graduating from a UK institution would place you in a stronger position for transitioning into consulting and eventually IB. The pipeline from LSE and LBS into entry-level roles at top-tier consulting firms after masters is well established. At this stage, your focus should be on writing stellar SOPs and obtaining outstanding recommendations to increase your chances of success. My applicants who recently successfully converted their offers from LSE had actively reached out to professors and engaged in discussions to gain meaningful insights about the program and courses. Demonstrating enthusiasm to truly understand the academic environment at LSE can greatly contribute to your success.

One aspect I appreciate about LSE is its strong academic focus throughout the program. Your previous lack of experience may not play a significant role in the evaluation of your profile but your motivation for the program will. Reflecting deeply on your motivation to pursue finance at LSE and providing well-substantiated examples and projects from your past that underscore your interest in the subject will enhance your chances of securing an admission offer.

For MSc Finance applications, I advise you to address the following points in your application to demonstrate a strong motivation for the program:

Academic focus: Aim for a decent GPA and strive for a high GMAT score. Highlight any other academic accolades, scholarships, or recognitions you have received.

Proof of enthusiasm and motivation for the subject: Provide context regarding your passion for finance, starting from an early stage, and supplement your interest with examples of relevant courses, internships, or projects you have undertaken.

Understanding, experience, and appreciation of the subject through real-life applications and projects: Utilize insights from your internships, jobs, or other finance-related projects. Discuss specific projects or finance-related topics that have been pivotal in motivating you to further explore the subject.

Super curricular activities: Share details about supplementary books, articles, research papers, or newspapers you have read. Highlight any relevant podcasts you listen to and explain how these activities support and complement your interest in the subject.

I strongly advise you to cover these points thoroughly in your SOPs.

Additionally, having a variety of extracurricular activities and language skills is advantageous. Discuss how these experiences and skills can contribute to your future as a business leader.

Here are a few other points to keep in mind:

1.Demonstrate originality and a thoughtful approach in your application.
2.Show active engagement with the target school and potential recruiters to learn about the post-MSc prospects, showcasing your conscientiousness.

Feel free to connect

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts