Last visit was: 06 Oct 2024, 00:36 It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 00:36
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10371 [29]
Given Kudos: 4568
Test: Test
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V34
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hey!
I got acceptance to the MSc Management program at UCD and TCD and wanted to know more about them.
1.starting from How good are they?
2. How are the career prospects after MSc Management and the ROI in Dublin?
3. Does the MSc in International Management program over-shadows the MSc Management program in the job market?
4.Does a stronger Alumni network helps in getting a better job.
5. What could be the expected salary after the MSc Management from UCD an TCD?
6. Does the MSc Management from the University College Dublin makes more sense than MSc Management from TCD?
7. And which one should be better between University College Dublin or Trinity College Dublin?
Could you please assist me in deciding which among the two would be the best? Your valuable insights would be of absolute help.
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey, I am planning to apply to MiM program ESSEC, HEC, ESCP, emlyon and EDHEC for 2022 intake. I want to know my chances of getting an admit in either of the schools.

My profile is below:

Nationality: Taiwanese female

Tier 1 University, double major in French and Economics, 3.7/4 GPA

1 formal work experience:-
at L’Oréal for 1y3m as management trainee and marketing executive

3 internships:-
1st one at Beiersdorf NIVEA for 3 months as Sales intern
2nd one at IBM for 3 months as Marketing intern
3rd one at Kellogg’s for 8 months as Marketing intern

1 international exchange experiences:-
University in France for 1 semester, 15/20 GPA

2 extracurricular events at college:-
1st one as coordinator for intercultural event at EU research center of my college
2nd one as head of Public Relations for international LGBTQ film festival

GMAT:- 660 (second take)
GRE:- 319 (first take)
Toeic:- 970/990
French:- DELF B2 (fluent), top 5 highest score in my country

Please help me evaluate my profile and let me know if there is anything which I should (or could) improve on. I’m really nervous because of my low GMAT…

Posted from my mobile device
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
GMAT 1: 620 Q40 V34
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
An international student from India planning to apply for mim in the UK. Can't decide between Cass mim, Cranfield mim, Edinborough mim. Want to know about job prospectus and university reputation in the job market and which college would be better for Finance, tech and consultant field. The ranking on Qs and FT are very ambiguous...
P.S I don't have huge work ex so which college might help me get practical experience/internships?
Current Student
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
I want to apply for the Fall 2022 Intake for the MiM and would really appreciate if someone could evaluate my profile :)

I am a 21-year old female from Germany.

Undergrad information:I graduated this year from the best business school in Germany with a 3.5/4.0 GPA

GMAT: I will take the GMAT next week but I expect a score around 650

Work experience: I did a 6-month internship in Private equity and another 2 month internship in wholesale banking

International experience:
During my studies I did a semester abroad in Seoul, South Korea
When I was in High school I did an exchange year in the United States

Extracurriculars and other info:
Team leader of a finance initiative at my university
member of the student council at my university
Fluent in German and English and good language skills in Spanish and French

Targeted universities/programs:
Duke MMS
UVA McIntire Master of Global Commerce
Stockholm School of Economics MiM
Copenhagen Business School MiM
St.Gallen
Erasmus University Rotterdam
Nova
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi it would be of great help if you could review my profile and provide any recommendations.

Target courses are Ms in Business Analytic as well as MiM.

Background - Indian Male(24 at time of applying) from a small village town in the Himalayas

Class X - 95% (CBSE)

Class XII - 87% (CBSE)

Degree - B.Tech in Computer Science from a Tier 2 college in India.

CGPA - 8.7

Internships - Orange Business Services, Ernst and Young

Work-ex -
1) 6 months at Bank of America in Data Analytics
2) 1 year+ at ZS associates in their Business Consulting group (Decision Analytics)

Certifications - Approximately 8-9 online certifications in analytics and business fundamentals from coursera(reputed colleges like wharton,stanford,duke-fuqua etc.), a few workshops on data analytics from MNCs(Vodafone etc.).

Well versed in tools like python, tableau, excel etc.

Course goal - Acquire the ability to apply technical skills better to business context and move up in the consulting domain and join the big3(MBB) in London.

Extra Curriculars -
1) Trekking
2) Football
3) Volunteering (Robin Hood Army)(poverty alleviation)

GMAT official mock - 720
Will be giving GMAT in the coming months.

Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (St Gallen, HEC, LBS, ESCP, ESSEC, ESADE) MiM Program.
Here's some insight to my profile
20-year old man from India.
I've scored 90% in my class 10th and 12th.
I'll be graduating this year my Bachelor with Major in Mathematics and minor in Statistics in the top university in my country (University of Delhi) with a GPA of 4.00/4.00 (American system) and I'll be joining a local bank as a junior associate after my graduation;
My GMAT score is 750 (V42,Q50)
I have Data Analytics certification using R from John Hopkins University via Coursera and I'm an avid reader for topics related to geopolitics, blockchain(crypto) and universe(space stuff). I'm planning to learn some foreign languages too.
I have no internship experience but I've represented my state in Cricket at National Level and held many position of responsibilities related to college societies & events and I've also been the student ambassador for biggest internship platform for students in my country(though I didn't had any internship experience myself). I've also volunteered for National Service Scheme for one year.
I don't have any student exchange semester either due to Covid situation in my country.

I'm really curious to know if I have a good chance to get in any of the above-mentioned schools or any other school in Europe, thanks a lot for your time!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi,
I am 22 year old Indian national planning to do my MIM in sept 2022 intake. My target schools are escp, edhec, essec, Imperial, warwick,esmt, whu. I scored a 650(q45v35) on the gmat . I am doing my undergrad from IILM University with an avg cgpa of 7.2 and majoring in Management sciences. I dont have any full time work experience, but i have started 2 firms, one a chain of restaurants, and second an educational institution. During the covid, I had also started a npo for plasma donations and links.
I have done over 6 internships.
have certification diploma in data analytics and a 3 month course on fintech industries bytop venture capitalists in india
So yes, this is my profile in a nutshell.
all kinds of criticism are welcomed.
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hi, This is Ravi Teja . Could you please do a profile evaluation for me. I am aspiring to get into top b-schools such as LBS, Warwick, imperial, ESSEC, EHCP, HEC.

I am an Indian, 23 years old. Did a B.E in mechatronics engineering with a GPA of 8.87/10
GMAT: Expecting a Gmat score of 690-700
Work experience and leadership:
1) 2 weeks internship at Rane Brake Lining Trichy, ( before graduation)
2) 13 months Paid intern at a Startup NGO( before graduation)
3) 11 months work experience as Digital Associate at Amazon and 2 months work exp at HCL ( total 13 months work exp after graduation)
5) started an online Fashion Business ( ecommerce)
6) undergoing a course in Digital marketing
Leadership positions:

1) Department Secretary for 2 years
2) Class representative for 4 years
3) Placement representative

Post master Goals:
Gain a few years experience in corporate and launch my own Business

What are my chances for getting an admit into top bschools?
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GPA: 2.6
Send PM
Hi,

I'm a 23 year-old graduate in Economics and Industrial Organization from the University of Warwick. I graduated in 2020 and have been working in India at a multinational firm in their finance department for the past 17 months.

GPA: Low (around the 2.4 range on the 4.0 scale) due to extenuating circumstances in my final year of studies.
GMAT: 730
Work Ex: 17 months, along with 4 months of internships over the last 3 years
Skills: Portfolio Management, equity research, knowledge of Bloomberg and Capital IQ databases

I am targeting MiM programmes mainly in Europe (ESCP, ESMT Berlin, WU Vienna, St Gallen, Frankfurt Management School). UK would be my first preference, however they give strong weightage to GPA and my low GPA is thus a red flag. I am also targeting Ms Finance programs in the US (Simon Business School, Babson, Northeastern). Seeing as I am applying in Round 3 for most colleges, what do you think of my profile? Is it feasible to target LBS, INSEAD, HEC if I manage to explain the reasons behind my low GPA?
Own Kudos [?]: 744 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Jn77
Hi,

I'm a 23 year-old graduate in Economics and Industrial Organization from the University of Warwick. I graduated in 2020 and have been working in India at a multinational firm in their finance department for the past 17 months.

GPA: Low (around the 2.4 range on the 4.0 scale) due to extenuating circumstances in my final year of studies.
GMAT: 730
Work Ex: 17 months, along with 4 months of internships over the last 3 years
Skills: Portfolio Management, equity research, knowledge of Bloomberg and Capital IQ databases

I am targeting MiM programmes mainly in Europe (ESCP, ESMT Berlin, WU Vienna, St Gallen, Frankfurt Management School). UK would be my first preference, however they give strong weightage to GPA and my low GPA is thus a red flag. I am also targeting Ms Finance programs in the US (Simon Business School, Babson, Northeastern). Seeing as I am applying in Round 3 for most colleges, what do you think of my profile? Is it feasible to target LBS, INSEAD, HEC if I manage to explain the reasons behind my low GPA?

Hi Jn77 , you have tried to make up for your low GPA with a decent GMAT score (this is good!). Your skills are especially interesting given you have gained good exposure to finance which is a tough métier to get a hang of this early on in your career. You could use your conscientious decision making on selection of job roles, industry, internships etc. to your advantage and show strong academic inclination. You will stand a decent chance at top MIM programs as well as MSc if you do your applications well.

For professional guidance you can reach out to me.
Best wishes
Own Kudos [?]: 744 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
rteja
Hi, This is Ravi Teja . Could you please do a profile evaluation for me. I am aspiring to get into top b-schools such as LBS, Warwick, imperial, ESSEC, EHCP, HEC.

I am an Indian, 23 years old. Did a B.E in mechatronics engineering with a GPA of 8.87/10
3) 11 months work experience as Digital Associate at Amazon and 2 months work exp at HCL ( total 13 months work exp after graduation)
Leadership positions:

Post master Goals:

Hi rteja , your work experience is on the lower end of the spectrum for an MBA program, therefore, I will assume that you are specifically looking at the MiM programs at your target schools. As you come from a competitive background, I recommend you set your GMAT target above 700 to stand a decent chance at LBS and HEC. Your work experience is interesting and will definitely give you an edge given you put a strong foot forward in other aspects of the application such as GMAT, undergrad academics and so on.

For professional guidance and to understand how Top B schools evaluate applicants you can reach out to me.

Best wishes
Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
rteja

Leadership positions:

Post master Goals:

Hey rteja,
Your GPA is good and your extracurriculars are also impressive, this will definitely be an advantage in your application be sure to include them with certifications.
Although your resume is not the only parameter of your admission.
Your GMAT scores are not bad but aim to score at least 720 to increase your admit chances.
Fall Intakes are not over yet you still can apply.
What I would recommend you to do is
-Give your GMAT exam in January and try to increase your scores by 20-30 points.
-Apply in March just before round 3 rolling deadlines.
-alongside start preparing your SOPs, essay and resumes

As you mentioned you want to settle and open your own venture, the best countries for that would be USA, UK, Canada and Europe.
Taking that in consideration top b-schools for you to apply in would be
Dream school- LBS, HEC, INSEAD, Duke, St. Gallen
Safe school- Waterloo, Bath , Durham

We have helped many students get admitted into their dream university and helped them make a strong application.
If you would like, we will be happy to schedule a strategy session with you at any time you want.
You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided: BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships

Get your profile evaluated for FREE and know your chances at Top Schools of the world
Take our Free Profile Evaluation

Originally posted by MiMEssay on 28 Jan 2022, 06:58.
Last edited by MiMEssay on 17 Feb 2022, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 530 Q32 V30
GMAT 2: 600 Q42 V31
Send PM
Hey everyone,
This is my profile :
- Indian, Male, 23.
- Captain of the College Debating Team- B (Yes, we had two teams) back in school - Grade 12th (2016-2017)
- Member of the Extra-Curricular Organisation
- Took a gap year to prepare for Law Entrances but decided to go for Business Management despite getting into some top law schools of the country (2017-2018)
- Graduated from Lucknow University (a state Government University) with a BBA degree, in First Division(65%+), in July 2021 (2018-2021)
- President of the Literary Society in College- both English and Hindi for 2 years
- President of the Dramatics Society for over a year (Participated and won many Local and National level events)
- Senior Student Member of the organizing committee of college events and festivals
- I like to write English and Urdu Poetry and have also performed in some open mics across the country

- Started a cloud kitchen service right from my home where my mom was the cook and I was responsible for marketing, promotion, packaging, and even delivery, but had to shut it down, due to a rise in covid cases, after a few weeks (Sept-Oct 2020)
- Have been working remotely at a Singapore/Japan-based HR tech startup, which has over 20 employees and great international and cultural diversity, as a Marketing Intern since April 2021(likely to continue working till June/July)
- Took the GMAT in May 2021, and scored 530, decided to take it again and apply next year.
- Took it again this week, but scored just a 600. (Likely to take it again this month before applying in the Feb-March round)

Post Master goals : After my masters, I would like to gain some corporate experience at an MNC- I don't know right now whether I would go into consulting or marketing.

I guess my question is which colleges should I target for MiM, since my GMAT score is very low, although I am confident that I can improve my score in my next attempt, and what score should I aim for?

So yeah, -
- How much should I aim for in my next GMAT attempt? and
- Which colleges fit my profile, for MiM?

P.S.: I will be applying in March - so targeting the March 30th Deadline

Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Female, 23, Indian, B.A. Economics from a pvt university

Undergrad Information
CGPA- 8.27/10

GMAT/GRE

314 (second attempt)

Work experience and leadership

2.5 years of work experience as a brand strategist in a digital marketing- I'm in a leadership position and have worked with large brands in the entertainment and retail industry. Worked in an EU based company as an RA for 6 months. Apart from that several internships in the marketing sector and volunteering experience in the energy sector.

Semester exchange- 5 months at a university in Europe

Post Master goals

Work in Strategic Marketing for 5-10 years then launch my own marketing agency

Target- ESCP (got through to the interview round, want to know my chances of getting in)

Anything else?

Speak French fluently and have spent a lot of time living abroad - B2 and above.
Send PM
Hi there !

Hope you guys can help me with my application !

● Introduction

- 22 years old, male
- French nationality

● School

- ESSEC BBA (top 1 undergraduate in France)
- 15,2/20 GPA
- End of study thesis: 17/20

● Course abroad

- Intercampus mobility at the Singapour Campus of ESSEC (selection based on GPA)
- Exchange with Tsinghua in China (one of the best chinese U)

● Extracurricular

- President of an association of 25 during my UG
- Senior Consultant in a Junior Business of my school
- Member of an NGO (UNICEF), had different missions and organized some events
- Helped an other NGO abroad during 1 month (education)
- Swimming till 15 years now and member of a club

● Internships

- 6 months at PwC
- 3 months as a data analyst at a large e-commerce company
- 1 summer internship at BNP

● More info

- Speak French and English
- Learn Spanish, German, Mandarin and Korean
- Have many certifications
- Won some business competition at school

● Scores

- 710, my target score for the GMAT
- 8 IELTS

● Target schools

- LBS and Insead
- LSE, Bocconi, Imperial
- Esade, IE, HKUST, NUS, ESCP

Do not hesitate to provide any advice !

Thank you for your help !

MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 587 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Priyaagg,

Thank you for your post!

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on passing the application round, and you must already have a robust profile to help you get through to the interview round, so kudos on that!

Now, I would like to mention that ESCP was placed 7th worldwide in the 2021 Financial Times Master in Management rankings, so the interview will not be a cakewalk for you. You need to prepare each aspect of your profile fluently, like the skill-set that is getting highlighted in your work experience, what was your responsibility as an RA, and what was the outcome of your research? Also, prepare well about your post-MiM goals, like in which region you would like to work or any organization you would like to work for. For and why? Also, what are your aspirations regarding the MiM course, and how a MiM degree from ESCP would help you achieve your post-Master goals? Furthermore, since you are from a marketing background, you must highlight the percentage of successful candidates who had gone for the MiM degree at ESCP! Now I would really like you to give some mock interviews to be thorough on your research and increase your overall confidence!

All the best for your interview :)

If you wish to connect or need any further help, in that case, you can always reach out to us for more in-depth professional help. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Priyaagg
Female, 23, Indian, B.A. Economics from a pvt university

Undergrad Information
CGPA- 8.27/10

GMAT/GRE

314 (second attempt)

Work experience and leadership

2.5 years of work experience as a brand strategist in a digital marketing- I'm in a leadership position and have worked with large brands in the entertainment and retail industry. Worked in an EU based company as an RA for 6 months. Apart from that several internships in the marketing sector and volunteering experience in the energy sector.

Semester exchange- 5 months at a university in Europe

Post Master goals

Work in Strategic Marketing for 5-10 years then launch my own marketing agency

Target- ESCP (got through to the interview round, want to know my chances of getting in)

Anything else?

Speak French fluently and have spent a lot of time living abroad - B2 and above.

Originally posted by MBAandBeyond on 18 Feb 2022, 03:11.
Last edited by MBAandBeyond on 18 Feb 2022, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 587 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi B2B,

Thank you for your post!

First, I would like to mention that you have a decent 710 GMAT score and a good GPA, IELTS, and the right amount of relevant internship experience required for the MiM program.

Now, let's try and match your profile to the MiM program you want to pursue! I need you to understand that you have selected some of the world-leading MiM programs to start with, which require a high level of knowledge & skill-set since high potential students from all academic backgrounds and nationalities are going to apply in the admission process.

Now coming to your profile, I must say you have some relevant achievements at a very young age. Schools like LBS, Bocconi, NUS look for Ambitious/Inspiring Leaders with a Global Outlook, so here you can highlight all the relevant skills developed, some accolades, leadership opportunities, and impact created during your tenure as an intern. Moreover, as you also have intercampus and international exchange experience, I would like you to highlight the distinctive features witnessed during your exchange period, the curriculum, ethics, and learnings in a foreign land.

Coming to your ECAs, President of an association of 25, you can highlight some examples of leadership and the impact created by your role. Moreover, since you have worked as a Member of UNICEF and with other NGOs, you can definitely highlight it to account for examples of social service and volunteering work which showcases your Personality- in terms of passion, humility, individuality, and respect for others. Furthermore, being a swimmer for 15 years and a member of the swimming club showcase your dedication to your work and how you will improve every second with routine practice to develop precision.

Now that all of that is done, I would like you to add some relevant post-MiM goals (maybe related to being a data analyst or something else.)and then add how relevant do you think a MiM degree from your target school is for your career goals and highlight the particular need for that degree from that particular school (for example how a MiM from LBS would help you develop to attain your post-graduation goals). Furthermore, while mentioning your post-MiM goals, it's essential for you to highlight the reasons, driving force, motive, and expectations from your post-MiM goals.

Lastly, I would say that you do have a decent profile. All you need is to modify & mold it to align with the school values; also, you have some quality ECAs, a decent amount of volunteering experience, and internships, which would make it easy for you to book a slot in the program. However, since you are targeting some of the very famed B-School; hence, the competition would be fierce, and a heck of a lot of your selection would be directed by how well you can mold your accolades & experiences into an exquisite example; of your writing skills and intellect!

If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

B2B
Hi there !

Hope you guys can help me with my application !

● Introduction

- 22 years old, male
- French nationality

● School

- ESSEC BBA (top 1 undergraduate in France)
- 15,2/20 GPA
- End of study thesis: 17/20

● Course abroad

- Intercampus mobility at the Singapour Campus of ESSEC (selection based on GPA)
- Exchange with Tsinghua in China (one of the best chinese U)

● Extracurricular

- President of an association of 25 during my UG
- Senior Consultant in a Junior Business of my school
- Member of an NGO (UNICEF), had different missions and organized some events
- Helped an other NGO abroad during 1 month (education)
- Swimming till 15 years now and member of a club

● Internships

- 6 months at PwC
- 3 months as a data analyst at a large e-commerce company
- 1 summer internship at BNP

● More info

- Speak French and English
- Learn Spanish, German, Mandarin and Korean
- Have many certifications
- Won some business competition at school

● Scores

- 710, my target score for the GMAT
- 8 IELTS

● Target schools

- LBS and Insead
- LSE, Bocconi, Imperial
- Esade, IE, HKUST, NUS, ESCP

Do not hesitate to provide any advice !

Thank you for your help !

Own Kudos [?]: 413 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
hamzamohd
Hey everyone,
This is my profile :
- Indian, Male, 23.
- Captain of the College Debating Team- B (Yes, we had two teams) back in school - Grade 12th (2016-2017)
- Member of the Extra-Curricular Organisation
- Took a gap year to prepare for Law Entrances but decided to go for Business Management despite getting into some top law schools of the country (2017-2018)
- Graduated from Lucknow University (a state Government University) with a BBA degree, in First Division(65%+), in July 2021 (2018-2021)
- President of the Literary Society in College- both English and Hindi for 2 years
- President of the Dramatics Society for over a year (Participated and won many Local and National level events)
- Senior Student Member of the organizing committee of college events and festivals
- I like to write English and Urdu Poetry and have also performed in some open mics across the country

- Started a cloud kitchen service right from my home where my mom was the cook and I was responsible for marketing, promotion, packaging, and even delivery, but had to shut it down, due to a rise in covid cases, after a few weeks (Sept-Oct 2020)
- Have been working remotely at a Singapore/Japan-based HR tech startup, which has over 20 employees and great international and cultural diversity, as a Marketing Intern since April 2021(likely to continue working till June/July)
- Took the GMAT in May 2021, and scored 530, decided to take it again and apply next year.
- Took it again this week, but scored just a 600. (Likely to take it again this month before applying in the Feb-March round)

Post Master goals : After my masters, I would like to gain some corporate experience at an MNC- I don't know right now whether I would go into consulting or marketing.

I guess my question is which colleges should I target for MiM, since my GMAT score is very low, although I am confident that I can improve my score in my next attempt, and what score should I aim for?

So yeah, -
- How much should I aim for in my next GMAT attempt? and
- Which colleges fit my profile, for MiM?

P.S.: I will be applying in March - so targeting the March 30th Deadline

Hey hamzamohd,
You are right; your GMAT scores are not that great, but as you said, you are planning to give the GMAT again. Try to aim to score 650+.

But as you are planning to apply during the March intake, I would recommend you to give your GMAT as soon as possible so that if you didn’t score enough on your GMAT there is still time to compensate for it

There are many parameters on which your application will be evaluated:
- GPA
- Test scores (GMAT, GRE, IELTS, etc.)
- Work experience
- Essays
- CV
- Letter of Recommendation
- Interview

GMAT holds only 20% weightage of your application; hence you do not need to worry much about that.

I can see your extracurriculars, and they are pretty good. This showcases your hardworking and leadership skills. That will definitely shine in your application.
You have relevant entrepreneurial skills as well, that’s impressive.

Your GPA is pretty decent as well.

You mentioned you have been working as a marketing intern. Explain your roles and responsibilities at your organisation in your essay and SOP.
What value did you add to the organisation, how did it benefit you etc.

All this will ultimately add value to your application. That is the primary goal, making a strong and compelling application that makes you stand out from the hundreds of other applicants.

Your end goal is to work in an MNC, I would recommend you apply to schools in Europe as their employability rate is pretty high: Imperial, Bocconi, EMlyon,Warwick , IE, Schulich and Bath University

Keeping in consideration your current GMAT scores you should also apply to schools where GMAT isn’t required. Just to be safe.

I would say you have a pretty decent profile. All you need to do is bring out yourself and your value in your essay and SOP and draft a killer application.

If you would like, we can help you with your application process.
We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.

If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided: BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships

Get your profile evaluated for FREE and know your chances at Top Schools of the world
Take our Free Profile Evaluation
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29  ...  40   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3120 posts