Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:49 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [29]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Current Student
Given Kudos: 24
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
nibirh wrote:
Hi all

BTech. Naval Architect from IIT Kharagpur cgpa 7.02/10(not sure about conversion rules)

9 years experience in shipbuilding in a small public sector naval shipyard

Production 6yrs, design 2 yrs quality 6 months experience.

Have very few professional trainings, one Commendation award

Handled subcontractors and workmen, upto 50 heads while at production.

election duty experience ,

ensured compliance with iso for my shop floor.

Nothing much else that B schools may be interested in

GMAT 740 q49 v42 ir6 aw6

Sent scores to HEC, IMD, UCLA, Imperial and Insead

More passionate about Engineering than management. Was looking up MIMi HEC-TUM,not sure about job prospects and nature of job afterwards.

Still not sure whether to pursue MS or MBA.

Priorities:

Living and working in europe.
Work life balance
Good enough salary so I can send at least a quarter of it back home.

Languages: German A1, spoken portuguese and spanish

Would appreciate any kind of feedback.

Posted from my mobile device

P.S. Financially weak. Need to consider my chances before spending on applications.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Harsh543 wrote:
hey
harshvardhan here
nationality- indian
age- 22 at the time of joining
I'm pursuing my B.tech from one of the top 10 university in my country
Cgpa 7.49
i have a gmat of 720(Q50, V38)
my targeted schools are HEC paris, Essec, ESCP
as far as my experience is concerned i've done a lot of internships in marketing and sales at renowned companies as well as startups and have also done an research internship
i also have my own startup which is in it's initial phase and we are hiring people to get more recognition as well as clients currently we have 10 full time employees and 15 interns under me and we are putting a lot of effort to expand our business and we are generating revenue and think we can do better in future
as for co curriculars i've founded our own club and i'm managing around 40 people in that and am a part of various clubs in my college technical as well as non technical, i've also presented a research paper which will soon get published.
as for my extra curriculars i've worked with different NGOs and are currently working with Human fir Human and are helping them to get funds for their latest campaign which is to provide concentrators in rural area in this covid scenario.
I'm also a part of Enactus ISB
please let me know what are my chances in the mentioned schools

Hey Harsh543!

To begin with, I would like to mention that you have a pretty well-groomed profile here. That said, let’s start the evaluation with your academic accomplishments. Your undergraduate CGPA score of 7.49 is on the average front, however, the fact that you’ve graduated from one of the top universities in the country will help you stand out when applying for this program as top business schools in Europe tend to pick up students from tier 1 schools of the country itself. Additionally, your GMAT score of 720 sets you comfortable to target schools like HEC, ESSEC, and ESCP.

Coming to your work experience, you have your own start-up which goes on to highlight your entrepreneurial and leadership abilities. Moreover, you can use this opportunity to further strengthen your profile by talking about the impacts created, major projects that you have worked on and how you successfully led and managed your team and the start-up. Furthermore, you have also completed various internships in diverse areas. Here you should be cognizant of the fact that you will be competing with applicants having completed their internships from big brands like KPMG, Deloitte and EY. Thus, it becomes imperative that you talk about the value that you have added and what were your learnings from these experiences in order to stand out. This can be a good value addition because schools are constantly looking for students who have varied experiences under their belt.

As for the extracurricular activities, your association with an NGO and organisations like Enactus demonstrates your desire to mark a positive impact on society. Furthermore, it is an impressive value addition that emphasises the socially empathetic aspect of your personality. Additionally, your participation in clubs in colleges go on to vouch for varied skills under your belt like your leadership potential, your clarity of concept, communication skills, etc.

Moving forward, based on the information you've provided, here's a breakdown of the schools under your radar.

HEC will fall under the Dream Category with a 40-50% chance of acceptance.
ESSEC and ESCP will fall under the Competitive Category with a 60-70% chance of acceptance

Moreover, in order to hedge your bets wisely, you also can target other schools such as LBS, LSE, INSEAD, which will fall under the Dream Category. Further schools like FSFM, ESADE and Imperial will fall under the Competitive Category with 50 to 60% chances of acceptance

All things considered, in order to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools, you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 5000+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalising the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

https://www.mim-essay.com/mim-all-in-one

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
skaur4be18 wrote:
Hi, I am Simran, I am a final year engineering student, focused in Computer Engineering with majors in Data Science, from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala,India. I am planning to give my GMAT by September this year, I also have an intermediate level of Corporate finance as a part of my engineering degree. I have been a part of AIESEC in Patiala and Thapar MUN society for a year, and have held major positions in both of them, I have also been the head organizer of a charity fundraiser in Chandigarh in tie up with an LA based NGO. I have a summer internship experience as Business Analyst intern at EdiQue, on their consulting projects in collaboration with the Government of India. I want to apply for MSc Data science and Business Analytics or MSc Finance at HEC Montreal(wherever I stand a better chance to clear), please let me know my chances for the same.
I actually want to get into the Consulting line, I'm fine with that being Management Consulting or Business Consulting. Whereever I stand a better chance, could you just let me know my chances at top notch B-Schools for MiM or MSc in relevant fields, so that I can get into the consulting line

Hi skaur4be18,
Since you are aiming for a career in the consulting industry which is in itself quite a broad industry with many variations and avenues, you can opt for either MiM, MFin or MSc in business analytics. Three of these programs are very much in sync with the consulting domain. Now that we have set this clear, let’s dive right into the profile evaluation.
Coming to your academic grades, you have not mentioned your GPA which is an extremely crucial and imperative part of your profile. That said, it is really important that you achieve a 7+ GPA in your undergraduate. On the other hand, for your GMAT exam, it is highly recommended that you target a score of at least 690-700+ in order to land a secure position among your competitors. This will help showcase your consistency on the academic front which is one of the parameters that is judged by these B-school adcoms.
Moving forward, you have had an internship experience as a business analyst at EdiQue on several consulting projects which is a great move considering your affinity towards the consulting industry. That said, you will be facing competition from applicants who have big brand names under their CV which you can overshadow by drawing attention to other strong aspects of your profile. For instance, you can maybe talk about the kind of projects you undertook, impacts created and the takeaways from the same.
Coming to extracurricular activities, you have shown a holistic growth with respect to your involvement in diverse activities. All these activities showcase your leadership, communication and social skills which are some of the primary traits B-schools look out for in their potential students. However, you need to showcase how you went above and beyond in your endeavours which you can showcase by shedding light on the impacts created and the skills you developed as a result.
Speaking of the schools you can target, one thing which you need to take into consideration is the fact that consulting is a face value centric industry where communication is one of the key aspects. Therefore, it is suggested that you target english speaking countries. In that sense, HEC Montreal is prominently dominated by French speaking population and it is mandatory that you learn French if you want to study there. Nonetheless, your chances of acceptance in HEC Montreal in either of the two programs would be somewhere around 60%. That said, a few other alternatives that you could look at are:
Ivey, Queens, Schulich, UBC in Canada
DUKE, Georgetown, Illinois, UVA in USA
Warwick, CASS, UCL, Durham in UK
And lastly SMU and INSEAD in Singapore

All things considered, you definitely possess a well-groomed profile which you can further elevate through your application (comprising your resume, LORs, and Essays) as it helps differentiate you from the other applicants by highlighting your strengths and overshadowing your weaknesses. Additionally, it also carries a 30% impact on your admission prospects which is why I would urge you to pay more attention to the same.

That said, if you are on the fence on how to draft an impactful application, you can check out our All-in-one service which is a complete end to end consulting process aimed at providing personalised application suggestions, unlimited edits and expert consultants who would constantly be there to help you throughout your application journey! This end to end consulting service also encompasses assistance for scholarship essays, loans, visas and most importantly the interview preparation.

We have helped 5000+ applicants get into the top B-schools with a 95% success rate. So what are you waiting for? Just click on the link below to find out how you could boost your chances of acceptance by at least 3X!

Below is the link to our All in One service:

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Schools: ESADE
Send PM
MiM Profile Evaluations [Master Thread]: Post all Profiles Here [#permalink]
Hi,
I am planning to apply for either MiM or MIF at HEC, LBS, INSEAD, ESSEC, ESADE in the 2022 intake.
Could you please suggest me the chances of my admission and also suggest how I can improve my profile? Thank you!

Background and nationality - 21 y/o female from Italy
Undergrad Information - BSc. International Economics and Finance at Bocconi (3-year program), GPA of 25.5/30, mathematical average of 25.9/30
GMAT/GRE - Scoring around 720 in mock tests, due to do it in a month
Work experience and leadership -
Summer job as Sales Assistant at the local pharmacy
Financial Analysis summer intern at small marketing company in Barcelona
Client Services and Solutions summer intern at a global financial tech company in Milan, interacting with investment management companies
Incoming autumn Sales intern in a financial tech company in Frankfurt, interacting with banks
Community and others -
Involved in the university's finance and portfolio management societies, did handful of projects with the latter in collaboration with an investment management company;
Finalist in a stock pitch competition and a couple of Hackathons in the sustainability area;
Participated in a few selective one day orientation/trading simulation programs with a few banks;
Three volunteering experiences related to teaching and poverty alleviation
Certifications and other skills -
BMC, Thomson Reuters certifications
Proficient in Excel, C++, Python, SQL, R, PowerBI
Italian and English fluent speaker, Spanish and German intermediate speaker
Post Master goals - Would love to work in the Sales/Markets division of an investment bank or on the buy-side (Investment Management, PE). Could also consider a career in MBB if the opportunity arises.

Unfortunately I have a pretty low GPA, I am not sure if I should wait to apply until the 3rd/4th intake and try increase it (Could reach around 26 as GPA) or try my shot in the earliest intakes. Also welcome to other universities suggestions where I could have more chances.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: LBS MiM "23
Send PM
Hello, everyone aiming for mim September 2022 intake
Country of preference - UK
Age - 21
Nationality - Indian
Gender - Male
Education - B-Tech (Civil Engineering) 7.2/10 cgpa
Work experience - 0 but I do have 2 internships combined total of 11 week, 1 from a government organization, 1 Ngo
Extra Curriculars - Sports (leadership position), Organizing Committee (leadership position), Social Work
Gmat (yet to give) mocks - OG practice test 1 (610), OG practice test 2 (640, Q47,V29), OG practice test 3 (640, Q49, V27), Princeton review (650, Q45, V36)

Please tell me what are the best colleges I can aim for?
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS MiM "23
Send PM
Hello,
I am an Indian citizen, age-20, will be completing my Bachelors in Economics Honors with an average of 81% next year. I have been in the student's council in my high school and have been a scholar badge recipient for 6 consecutive years. I have also volunteered to teach underprivileged kids during my school years. I have scored above 91% in both my 10th and 12th standards. I also have a 2nd-grade certification in Keyboard (instrument) from Trinity College, London. I have been an active participant in elocution events and musical band events.

In college, I have been the treasurer for the Economics Club, have worked for the Editorial board of our departmental newsletter, and am a member of the entrepreneurial club. I have interned with an IT firm dealing with ERP systems for school management (best in its field) and have significantly contributed to their operations. I have also interned with an NGO involved in skill development and providing support to the underprivileged and thereafter have conducted a survey on a Central government scheme. I will be doing another internship soon. I also have my own musical band and have won various university competitions and have been part of the University Cultural Team. I have also completed certification courses (a total of 4) on management, excel, economics, on Coursera and also have attended a lot of seminars and professional and lifeskills workshops.

I am wishing to apply to a good b-school in the UK next year for Mim or MSc in Management, without Gmat. Can you give me the prospects of my profile and what colleges should I aim for, and suggest to me what else I should do to improve?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi all !

Could you please evaluate my profile for Masters in Management program in schools like- LBS, HEC Paris, ESSEC, INSEAD, and EDHEC?

Background

Nationality: Nigerian 22 years

Citizenship: British ( lived in America for 4 years)

Education: Warwick University - Sociology and Quantitative Methods -2.1 upper second class (3.4 GPA)

Proficient in Python, R, Stata16 and SSPS

Test score: GMAT 750 (Q49 V44) considering retaking to achieve higher score

Languages: Ab Mandarin, B1 French, B1 German

Work exp:

3 Months as Analyst for international architecture firm - Attended bidding meetings, developed pitches for prospective investors.

2 months: Luxury supply chain intern at the top luxury department store in London

3 Months: Research Fellow for a national think tank/Foundation - worked on regression analysis that was recommended to government during pandemic

3 Months: Productivity workflow analyst at Amazon

Extracurricular activities:
Advanced level skier
Brain Cancer awareness campaigner
Formula 1 fanatic attended multiple races
Currently in the process of pitching a television script to a British TV network
Also preparing for CFA level 1 exam next February 2022
Volunteer at the citizens Advice Bureau

Post MiM goals:
Luxury supply chain management
Goal in the future opening luxury department store in Africa

My dream school is HEC Paris but would still love to attend any of these institutions

Thank you so much!

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ESCP MiM "24
Send PM
Hi,
I would like to get my profile evaluated.

22/Female/Indian

Academics- 10th and 12th- 94% each
Graduation- Bcom Hons(University of Delhi) - GPA- 8.53
Work Ex- One year- Audit Assistant at Deloitte India(offices of the US)
Internships- 1.5 months- Taxation Intern at Deloitte India, 1 month- Content Development at Creation Cradle
NGO experience- 1 year volunteering experience at Child Rights & You
Extra Curricular- Head of Creatives Department at Finance and Investment Society in college, 2nd prize in Table Tennis Competition in College.
Gmat Score- 680(V35, Q47) [ I scored a 730 in my last mock but ended up scoring 680 on the real exam. Should I consider giving it again?]

My target colleges are- LBS, ESSEC, ESCP, Imperial, NUS, IE etc. Can I get into any of these at a score of 680?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ESCP MiM "24
Send PM
Hi,
I would like to get my profile evaluated.

22/Female/Indian

Academics- 10th and 12th- 94% each
Graduation- Bcom Hons(University of Delhi) - GPA- 8.53
Work Ex- One year- Audit Assistant at Deloitte India(offices of the US)
Internships- 1.5 months- Taxation Intern at Deloitte India, 1 month- Content Development at Creation Cradle
NGO experience- 1 year volunteering experience at Child Rights & You
Extra Curricular- Head of Creatives Department at Finance and Investment Society in college, 2nd prize in Table Tennis Competition in College.
Gmat Score- 680(V35, Q47) [ I scored a 730 in my last mock but ended up scoring 680 on the real exam. Should I consider giving it again?]

My target colleges are- LBS, ESSEC, ESCP, Imperial, NUS, IE etc. Can I get into any of these at a score of 680?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 153
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hello All!

I would appreciate a profile evaluation and suggestions as to how I can better draft my application.

Planning to apply to top MiM programs- HEC, LBS, ESSEC, ESCP, Imperial

I'm a 22yo female, Engineering Graduate, working in an MNC from India.

School Acads: All 90+
Graduation: CG: 7.83/10, B.Tech, NIT Surat (tier-1)
GMAT: 700 ( V 35, Q 49, IR 5, AWA v.bad )

Job Exp: Business Analyst, 11 months ( Oct'20 - present)
Internships: One technical in an SAP Consultancy firm and the other one in an HR consultancy firm.

Took management electives in college: Marketing, personnel management and also done online courses related to Business Analytics.

Extra Curriculars/ PORs:
Head of the electronic department student club,
Hostel managing committee,
Literary affairs committee- organised Group discussions, debates.
Play guitar

Skills: Analytical tools such as Tableau, SQL, Excel, Python.
Beginner fluency in French.

It would be great if I could get an idea about how my chances are for these programs.
I'm not sure about work opportunities in Spain, should I apply to ESADE and IE as well?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello everybody, could you please evaluate my profile for the best B-Schools in Europe (HEC, LBS, ESSEC, Imperial, ESCP) for MiM Program, and if you can suggest good schools in the USA for Masters in Business Analytics.

Nationality: Indian

Undergraduate:
B. Tech Mechanical Engineering with a Minor in Economics from VIT, Vellore. (2020 batch)

CGPA: 8.68

GRE: 311 (Q160, V151) essay: 4.0

Extracurriculars:
Board Member (Marketing) - ASME VIT Student Chapter
Organizer - International Tech Conference (VIT in association with University of Binghamton, NY)
Organized International ASME event as Lead Student Organiser
Organizer - Riviera ( VIT's Annual Cultural Fest)
Student Regional Chair - South East Asia (ASME - Volunteer position)
Invited for and attended the International Leadership Conference
Volunteered for some NGOs

Awards & Honours:
2021 ASME Arthur L. Williston Medal (The Medal recognizes an engineering student or recent graduate for “fostering civic service.”)
Special Achiever Award (2019)

Certification Courses:
Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate
& others from Coursera, NSE, and Udemy

Internship:
Reliance Industries - 1 month
3 months internship each at 2 local industries as Operations research Data Analytics and Supply Chain Intern

Work Experience:
Data Analytics and Programs Intern - ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) July'20 - March'21
Analyst - ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) April'21 - Present
(Founded in 1880 as The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME is a nonprofit professional organization)
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.04
Send PM
Greetings to all!

I would appreciate a profile evaluation and suggestions as to how I can better draft my application. Also a rough timeline for the same.

Planning to apply to top 15 MiM programs- HEC, LBS, ESSEC, ESCP, Imperial London, St. Gallen to name a few.

I'm a 21yo Male, Commerce Graduate, currently preparing for CAT entrance exam.

School Acads: 10th 60%, 12th 85%
Graduation: BCOM: 7.3/10, Delhi University (Graduated 2021)
GMAT: To be taken (excepted score: 720-730)

Job Exp: NIL (fresher)
Internships: RA at IIT-BHU during my second year at uni.

Took management electives in college: Marketing, Financial management and also done online courses related to Business Analytics and Coding Languages

Extra-Curricular/ PORs:
Member in Enanctus, NSS, and cultural society
Delegate at Harvard US-India Initiative 2020 (accepted but not attended)
5 Research papers published on SSRN (selected multiple times for "top 10 papers downloaded this week")

Skills: Analytical tools such as SQL, Excel, Python, and Data Analytics tools (Matlab, jupyter notebook)

Used to run a blog with 90k unique monthly visitors

Currently running a small online marketplace for digital products (specializing in PC games)

Volunteered at WWF's Save the Turtle Campaign

It would be great if I could get an idea about how my chances are for these programs.
I am not sure when to take the GMAT test (hoping to take it in the month of December, right after my CAT exam) and when to apply to these colleges. My target is to have as many options as possible before next year's IIM calls are out.

Please note: If I were to apply next year, there would a gap year in my profile
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: HSG SIM "24 MBS
Send PM
Would really love some input on the applications. Thanks!

Originally posted by theartizt on 14 Sep 2021, 03:36.
Last edited by theartizt on 20 Sep 2021, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
School Moderator - LBS Masters
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GMAT 1: 540 Q47 V19
GMAT 2: 630 Q49 V27
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
A quick review of my profile would be highly appreciated. Looking to apply to MiM programes at HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, SSE(sweden). These are my top 5 picks

Background: 24 Y Male/ India
Undergrad: NIT- surat ( Top 15 colleges in India) CGPA: 5.8/10 roughly translated to a 2.3 ish
12th grade: 88%, Kuwait
10th grade: 9.4 CGPA, Kuwait
Activites:
* National Level football player at the INTER-NIT LEVEL. Member of college football team.
* Grew the roots for the music club in college, conducted intra-Gujarat music fest where we invited top artists from colleges to perform at
our university
* Was an active member of the college debate club.
* Part of organizing team for SPARSH- Biggest techno-cultural fest in Gujarat
GMAT: 660 ( Q44 V36)
Work Ex: 23 months full-time work ex at an FMCG company based out of Kerala. Worked as the production planner of local operations managing 3P and intra-plant movements/requirements. Handled a team of 10 members and completed a project (lean six sigma) involving throughput increase of 30% and annual savings of 33Lakhs. Well-versed in SAP (ERP) and received multiple pieces of training over 2 years.

Additional certifications: Q green belt lean six sigma ( KPMG India)

Additional Info:
* An active member of Toastmasters international and won at several extempores and public speaking competitions
* Founded a public speaking club called skills for success during high school currently helping over 200+ kids to bring out the best versions of themselves and making them confident leaders of tomorrow.
* Percussionist for college band and took part in competitions across Gujarat.
Post-Masters Goals: Looking to get into the consulting industry-operations related.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hey guys, it'd be great if you could evaluate my profile.
1) 20 year old (21 at the time of admission), Female, Indian
2) Graduation in business economics ( university of delhi)
- 9.79 GPA (Topper in class)
3) 10th standard- 10 CGPA
12th standard- 91.75%
GMAT- 690
4) Internships in content writing, operations, Human resource
5) Strong social work bg
6)certificate course from yale university, University of colorado and TCS
7) certified german language (a2 level)
8) district level dancer, district level debating
9) working on a startup
10) maintain a blog, published essay, 306 rank all India in a commerce exam.
11) President of ENACTUS society in college
12) Participated in Model united nations

Aiming for MIM programs in LBS, WHU, ESCP, ESMT

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhi855 wrote:
Hello everyone, please evaluate my profile for the top 100 MBA programmes, for MiM Program.

29-year-old male from India.

I have graduated in 2015 with my Bachelor in Mechanical engineering. I got Aggregate 75 (scale of 100) (first distinction).

I completed my masters in mechanical engineering in 2018 with GPA 7.83 (scale of 10) I have 2 publications and 2 conferences.

I am working as a design engineer in R&D of one of India’s top MNCs for past 3 years. My company is in defence business, we create defense systems for the country. My role is mostly technical however I have exposure to managing few people and have regular interactions with the customers and vendors.GMAT score expected 650+.

I have experience in working and observing the manufacturing processes and am thinking about operations management or supply chain management.

I don’t have any academic or sports awards or any international experience.

I have many certifications (mostly technical).I have volunteered at a local NGO. I have started my website for science communication .I have been a reviewer in one of the publication.

Extracurricular activities: I love to play chess. Singing is also my hobby.

I am planning to publish a few books in kindle. I am almost done with my first book.

Negative points: I had a backlog in bachelors 1st semester , which i cleared. I also have 2 year gaps one after my HSC and one after bachelors for health reasons.

I’m really curious to know if I can grab a seat in any top 100 colleges, also if i could do something in meantime to improve my chance. I would apply for the next intake. As budget is also a constraint for me, i could only afford to go to colleges with nominal fees (I have a budget of around $50,000) thank you for your time and valuable advice!

Hi abhi855,

First and foremost you need to keep in mind that for an MiM program, the upper limit for work experience is 2.5 years, which unfortunately makes you ineligible for this program. However, you can instead target other masters programs such as MBA, or any specialised masters program such as a masters in finance, engineering management, business analytics, etc. Now that this is sorted out, we can get into your profile evaluation.

To begin with, your undergraduate and your masters grades are both decent enough to help you get into the top B-schools. Also, your expected GMAT score of 650+ will allow you to get into the top 100 B-schools in the world, however, if you have sufficient bandwidth then I would suggest you to retake the GMAT test and target a score of 700+ to further cement your chances of getting into a comparatively higher ranking B-schools.

Moving on, you have three years of work experience as a design engineer in one India’s top MNC’s which again needs to be clearly specified since most of the applicants would be hailing from top brands such as KPMG, EY, Deloitte, etc, which means the competition would get even tougher. That said, you can set yourself at par with them by drawing attention to the other aspects of your profile such as your competencies in a managerial role, the kind of projects you handled, the impacts created and the major takeaways from the same.

Furthermore, when it comes to extracurricular activities, you have a wide and diverse range of activities under your belt which goes to showcase your holistic development - something that is highly regarded by the adcom of these top B-schools. Most notably, you possess some entrepreneurial experience in the form of starting your own website and your publication of a few books. All these cumulatively showcase your varied learnings and potential to be an impactful leader. Apart from this, you have some volunteering experiences as well as a few certifications under your belt which can be used to highlight your technical skills and socially empathetic attitude. That being said, you can mention your involvement in any clubs or societies in your college for a more comprehensive representation of your skills.

Speaking about your concerns regarding your backlogs, you need not worry much because what matters is how you have managed to improve your grades in the subsequent semesters. Also, regarding your gap years, you already have an alibi in the form of health issues which can help you make the cut.

Now since I am unaware of your goals, it becomes very difficult for me to pitch in any lucrative advice further. Thus, I would recommend you book a free counselling session with our expert consultants to gain clarity on the program and schools that can be targeted as per your profile.

To book a FREE 20 Minute counselling session, Click the link below -

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/

Hope this helped!
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Expert Reply
nibirh wrote:
Hi all

BTech. Naval Architect from IIT Kharagpur cgpa 7.02/10(not sure about conversion rules)

9 years experience in shipbuilding in a small public sector naval shipyard

Production 6yrs, design 2 yrs quality 6 months experience.

Have very few professional trainings, one Commendation award

Handled subcontractors and workmen, upto 50 heads while at production.

election duty experience ,

ensured compliance with iso for my shop floor.

Nothing much else that B schools may be interested in

GMAT 740 q49 v42 ir6 aw6

Sent scores to HEC, IMD, UCLA, Imperial and Insead

More passionate about Engineering than management. Was looking up MIMi HEC-TUM,not sure about job prospects and nature of job afterwards.

Still not sure whether to pursue MS or MBA.

Priorities:

Living and working in europe.
Work life balance
Good enough salary so I can send at least a quarter of it back home.

Languages: German A1, spoken portuguese and spanish

Would appreciate any kind of feedback.

Hey nibirh!

Beginning the evaluation from your undergraduate degree, while your CGPA is pretty much on the average front, you needn’t consider this as a doom for your profile as an MBA Identifies the GMAT score as a true indicator of your academic prowess and given your case, a GMAT score of 740, poses as an alibi for your low grades and sets you comfortable to target the schools on your list.

Coming to professional work, you have 9 years of practical experience in a pretty unique niche, which can help you stand out from the crowd. However, you should be cognizant of the fact that you will be facing stiff competition from other applicants with impressive profiles and bigger brand names. Thus, it becomes imperative that you highlight the key aspects from your professional work experience - the projects undertaken, impacts created, initiates spearheaded and lastly the managerial potential garnered in this process.

As for the extracurricular activities, you haven’t provided much information in this regard. That said, participation in extracurriculars plays an important role in strengthening your application. Given that it has been years since you graduated, I recommend bringing to light some of your more recent accomplishments like certifications undertaken, courses pursued, or participation in volunteering work. Ensure this aspect of your profile is groomed as much, because schools are on the hunt for holistically developed profiles. ,

Moving forward, coming to the schools that you are targeting.

● HEC, UCLA, and INSEAD will fall under the Dream Category with a 40-50% chance of acceptance.
● IMD and Imperial will fall under the Competitive Category with a 60-70% chance of acceptance

Having said that, with your extensive work experience, I would strongly advise you to pursue an MBA programme that will broaden your career opportunities. Alternatively, you can pursue a Master's degree in a specialised field related to your niche. This will narrow down your career options but will be related to the field of your interest. So, make an informed decision based on your interests.

Based on the information you've provided, here's a breakdown of a few more schools that you can target for an MBA program.

● ESSEC, ESCP, FSFM, WHU, Bocconi will fall under the Competitive Category with a 60-70% chance of acceptance

All things considered, in order to increase your chances of getting admitted to these schools, you would need to ensure that you have a very strong application that highlights your strengths and overshadows your weaknesses. You need to showcase your journey, what makes you different from your peers, and how you are a great value addition to the school.

Therefore, in lieu of that, I would recommend you to check out our flagship ALL-IN-ONE service, which has helped 5000+ applicants get into their dream schools. You would also be entitled to end-to-end consulting combined with unlimited edits on your application documents. Not only this, you’d be consulted by a B-school alumnus who’d be helping you directly with your application process, right from finalising the right schools and submitting an impactful application to the school to preparing you for the interview and bagging scholarships!

Link to our All-In-One Solution-

Hope this helped!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
[deleted]

Originally posted by brazilianEng00 on 25 Sep 2021, 17:27.
Last edited by brazilianEng00 on 13 Mar 2022, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  38   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts