It is currently 21 Apr 2018, 04:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

My journey to from 680 to 730

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.17
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
My journey to from 680 to 730 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2017, 12:38
Hi Friends and all GMAT Aspirants,
After a long wait and relentless study sessions I am here to share my experience of My GMAT with all. This journey can't be complete if i don't mention a few names. I would thank Daagh sir for his clear and detailed explanation of SC questions, Syantank for his expert on topic that only few dared to explain ,carcass for his vast collection of official questions ,Buenel for his Quant questions , Karishma for help in CR questions and last but not the least BB for founding such a great website to help students for the cause.Please accept my heartfelt thanks.
After a hiatus from my 680 score in 2011 I thought I would never be able to score good and though myself to be unfit to pursue MBA.Got married had a family life when I realized that the Dream of MBA is something that i have to fulfil. But at an age of 34 starting to study again was a huge task. But the GMAT club made it look very easy .I only had to be consistent rest all was GMATclub all the way.
I followed advice from experience of Syatanak who has written such a wonderful experience to share.I first read manhattan guide of all SC ,CR ,RC,& quant .Very good book i must say you could download soft copy from torrent network .It took me around 20 days to go through all the things that i had missed in the five year gap. Then i started solving questions 13 of RC ,13 of SC ,13 of CR , 19 of DS and 19 of PS on daily basis .This practice was very important to my success. It ensured that i got good in the sections that i was weak and also maintained my consistency of the subjects that i was good at.The Explanations provided by experts helped me correct some misconceptions that i could not gain from the book. The workbook provided in the tab helped me recollect all the questions that had attempted wrong. Bookmarks allowed me to put critical learnings on hold for future use.I have no words for thanking this noble cause for helping students prepare for MBA.My advice to all aspirants would be to please don't look questions from unknown sources they will only make you confused .Attempt questions from only reputed sources like Manhattan ,veritas or the great official guide.
Thanks to all from the bottom of my heart.
Cheers!!!
Regards,
Saurabh garg
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V32
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.48
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: My journey to from 680 to 730 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 08:09
Congratulation.
Now, you can think of schools and application instead of worrying about GMAT or doubting your ability.
Like you, i am also an older candidate, maybe even older, and am pushing for a GMAT score higher than 700 to raise my chance of getting to my dream schools, schools that i could only go to and attend their classes in my dreams.
The only reasons that recently read these debriefs is to keep my moral and believe in myself that it is doable.

All the best with your application season.
Re: My journey to from 680 to 730   [#permalink] 07 Oct 2017, 08:09

My journey to from 680 to 730

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR APRIL
Math Revolution - $79/3 mo Special sale until April 30
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap