Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 21:46 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 21:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1240 [0]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33017 [0]
Given Kudos: 5781
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Need tips for study material [#permalink]
Expert Reply
IB93 wrote:
Hi,
I recently took my gmat and scored 680( Q 47, V38, IR 5). Studied OG 15, OG 15 supplements, Princeton Review material, GMAT Prep Mocks (2) and PR Mocks (7). Planning to retake the test in another 30-40 days. Can you help me with insights on a good study plan and materials I should refer. Aiming for a 730-750 and was scoring 730 in PR Mocks and 700 in gmat prep mock.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Best Books

1. Manhattan GMAT Quant Guides
2. Manhattan GMAT Verbal guides
for CR critical reasoning bible is best book with 300+ pages of comprehensive Data

Best Mocks

1. Official GMAC (50+50$)
2. Manhattan GMAT (49$)

Good Luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Need tips for study material [#permalink]
Hi
So from what I am gathering ,
1. Manhattan guides / Mocks
2. Gmat exam prep guides
Should be enough to cross the 700?
What is your opinion about Magoosh/ Kaplan/ toponepercent.com?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2854 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
IB93 wrote:
Hi,
I recently took my gmat and scored 680( Q 47, V38, IR 5). Studied OG 15, OG 15 supplements, Princeton Review material, GMAT Prep Mocks (2) and PR Mocks (7). Planning to retake the test in another 30-40 days. Can you help me with insights on a good study plan and materials I should refer. Aiming for a 730-750 and was scoring 730 in PR Mocks and 700 in gmat prep mock.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi IB93,

Firstly congratulations on a great Score. You have performed really well in both Quant and Verbal.

Given how close your GMAT date is, I personally do not think one should adopt any new method on the final leg of their GMAT Preparation. It may be nice to give a couple of mocks (the official ones) and work on your weaknesses, but trying something new might not work in anyone’s favor. However if you want to improve on any individual area such as Sentence Correction, you may subscribe to the course as you can finish the whole course in 10 days (with proper dedication). If however you are only looking to indentify and improve on your weak areas, I would encourage you to purchase the e-gmat scholaranium. It is without a doubt, one of the best practice tools for verbal and will indeed help you on the final leg of your preparations. I must add that if you are particularly looking to discover and improve on your weak areas in Quant; a subscription to GMATCLUB tests is the best way to do that. They are indeed phenomenal and will not only pinpoint your weak areas but also help you improve on them.

Hope this helps. All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Thankyou so much. Your advice about materials is duly noted.
Does anyone here have any idea about the toponepercernt.com course?

Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1994 [0]
Given Kudos: 751
GPA: 3.64
Send PM
IB93 wrote:
Thankyou so much. Your advice about materials is duly noted.
Does anyone here have any idea about the toponepercernt.com course?

Hi
Although, I do not have any personal experience with toponepercent gmat, a few days back, I went through this post.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/top-one-perc ... 49854.html

You can refer to it for some feedback.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Before you schedule your study list for the day, you need to take into account that the subjects we learn can be divided into three categories.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hello,
I have appeared for the GMAT and got a 740 score all thanks to TOP one percent. The concepts offered are over the top. Sandeep has a peculiar teaching style that focuses on practice in each and every component. His OCTAVE concept for RC really helped me steer through the section I used to find the most difficult. Besides that SC concepts are thorough. All you need to do is go through his SC concepts book on your D day and you will be thorough with everything you need to know for that section. CR is something you will be able to master only through regular practice. Other than that, Sandeep focuses on in depth learning in the quant section which focuses on approximation (to get the right answer) in DS and using the right first step in PS.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 33017 [3]
Given Kudos: 5781
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
kumarvrinda wrote:
Hello,
I have appeared for the GMAT and got a 740 score all thanks to TOP one percent. The concepts offered are over the top. Sandeep has a peculiar teaching style that focuses on practice in each and every component. His OCTAVE concept for RC really helped me steer through the section I used to find the most difficult. Besides that SC concepts are thorough. All you need to do is go through his SC concepts book on your D day and you will be thorough with everything you need to know for that section. CR is something you will be able to master only through regular practice. Other than that, Sandeep focuses on in depth learning in the quant section which focuses on approximation (to get the right answer) in DS and using the right first step in PS.

Wow :)

Another spammer, Joined GMAT Club just 6 minutes before and starts first post with the advertising. No one asked you to advertise the above said company and you are replying a two year old post. Thank you for your first post but unfortunately this is fake advertising and is not acceptable.

Good Bye from GMAT Club :D
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72916 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
kumarvrinda wrote:
Hello,

Post made from the same IP address as posts of other "students" of this company:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/top-one-perc ... l#p2666618
https://gmatclub.com/forum/sandeep-gupt ... l#p2664082
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
wish i had noticed this feedback a bit earlier. here are my two cents. his normal schedule and technique for his in-person coaching.
1. will send you mgmat and og guides.
2. will rush you through his notes in following 8 weeks.
3. you will be asked to do homework
4. one of the teaching sessions will be conducted by his buddy who manages admission counselling.
5. one session will be dedicated to his show off.
6. will send you a study plan which is nothing but low quality question bank that is claimed to contain all 700-level questions. (copy any of the questions in it and search them here and you will realize that those are 500/600 level questions copied from gmatclub question bank)

outcome : feel guilty for wasting your hard earned $350.

kumarvrinda wrote:
Hello,
GMAT Club Bot