Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1238 [7]
Given Kudos: 1207
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3801 [0]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Top one percent or Edushastra? [#permalink]
ParulSaini wrote:
Please suggest any good GMAT crash course in Delhi.

I have been preparing for GMAT for 4 months and need urgent help to improve my verbal score.

Sent from my Pixel using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi ParulSaini,

Very recently, A friend of mine researched for a month and finally joined Top one percent. She didn't really like Edushastra and many other. But She took top one percent only and currently taking classes in delhi because she wanted to go for CLASS ROOM TRAINING.

If classroom is your priority then You may choose Top One percent. Otherwise I would suggest you to not join any of these.

The amount that these institues will charge, you may choose different courses online, which are much better and have brilliant reviews.

To see and compare courses have a look at it : https://gmatclub.com/marketplace/?fl=menu

Before diving in to any course or study material, research is much needed!

Hope this helps you. Please post if you have any followup question.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [8]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: IIMC (A)
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Top one percent or Edushastra? [#permalink]
Kudos
Edit: TROLL ALERT: this user has only 1 post and created their account only to post this message

Seems like a false propaganda. I think everyone knows who is doing this. This whole page looks phony. I think the person asking this question is only answering it. It’s Hilarious. In one day, all answers favoring one institute has come.

By the way, it’s EduShastra, not edushastra. Brands are sacrosanct. But I can understand your ignorance.

Request everyone to go and check all Institutes. Most of the information in these forums is Bogus.

Edit: TROLL ALERT: this user has only 1 post and created their account only to post this message
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [7]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks

This page is very Interesting. I usually browse GMAT Club for its rich content and knowledge. But I decided to be a part of this compelling discussion.

I am preparing for GMAT right now, it’s more of a self-prep mode. I went to Top one percent for counseling. I recall how Top one present Mr. Manan tried to convince me for paying fees in cash. He even gave me some discount if the payment is in cash. :o

Some things are obvious in this post. This page seems to be sponsored by Top one percent. :lol: This is called “Traffic Diversion tactic” in marketing in which one company tries to divert traffic from market leaders. Kudos to edushastra team that they did not became a part of this slinging match. :thumbup:

Top one percent is run by Mr. Sandeep Gupta. He is a very famous fellow. Internet is full of his misdemeanor past. Just fill his name and his company name, and google will give you all inputs about his thought-provoking past, with comments from his past employers and his romantic colorful obsessions. ;) ;)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
ParulSaini wrote:

I have been preparing for GMAT for 4 months and need urgent help to improve my verbal score.

Egmat will solve your purpose. It takes care of every segment that might be there, and it will help you also give more questions and more practise sessions.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [3]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
ParulSaini wrote:

Hello ParulSaini

Don't ever join Edushastra. I and my whole batch was frustrated with Edushastra. It is complete waste of money and time. They are highly unprofessional.
i will share detailed review of the institute soon.

Can't comment on Top one percent. Bu i would suggest to go over forum and look for reviews for different coaching institutes (if you are planning to enroll in one instead of self study)

All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools: IIMC (A)
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Alert: This post is my second post. The first post is also there on this page.

Message to All: Do your own research. Do not blindly follow anyone in these forums.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3128 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
A couple of pointers ->

One, that Top-one percent guy is yuhuge fraud.He is notorious for having forged documents and he made some really bogus claims about his GMAT-score.Google him before you join!

Two, 99 percent of the classroom based programs in Delhi-NCR are full of crap.I know what I am saying.

Fair question -> In a world with great online courses why would anyone choose some low level classroom course with apocryphal and pusillanimous teachers who are too afraid to talk?
Online companies have excellent tutors. The classroom courses in India cannot are no way near.

Beats me!

Choose wisely people. This might help --> https://gmatclub.com/reviews/gmat_courses?fl=menu

Do yourself a favour and attend a sample class or something.

Your money.
Your time.
Your energy.

Spend wisely.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [1]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
stonecold wrote:
Online companies have excellent tutors. The classroom courses in India cannot are no way near.
I respectfully disagree, and I hope to be able to change, over time, the perception that a test taker would necessarily need to look outside India for the very best options.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3128 [1]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
Kudos
AjiteshArun wrote:
stonecold wrote:
I respectfully disagree, and I hope to be able to change, over time, the perception that a test taker would necessarily need to look outside India for the very best options.

Thank you for the post :-)

I get your point.
And I by no shape or form I mean that Indians aren't good teachers. (Most quant giants are Indians :cool: )

But I guess what I really want to say is that it is very difficult to vet which ones are apocryphal and which ones are not.
And speaking from my personal experience some of them do care about clients. But most don't.
There is huge paucity of GMAT-verbal teacher in India at the major Indian test prep companies.

Taking an Online course at-least gives us the assurance that the verbal content would be fabulous and the teachers would care.

Plus the cost and the time factor ?

This situation unfortunately gets a way more worst when we talk about MBA-consultants(much worst for MS consultants)

Best
Stone Cold
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Expert Reply
stonecold wrote:
Thank you for the post :-)

I get your point.
And I by no shape or form I mean that Indians aren't good teachers. (Most quant giants are Indians :cool: )

But I guess what I really want to say is that it is very difficult to vet which ones are apocryphal and which ones are not.
And speaking from my personal experience some of them do care about clients. But most don't.
There is huge paucity of GMAT-verbal teacher in India at the major Indian test prep companies.

Taking an Online course at-least gives us the assurance that the verbal content would be fabulous and the teachers would care.

This situation unfortunately gets a way more worst when we talk about MBA-consultants(much worst for MS consultants)

Best
Stone Cold
+1 to you. And yes, it is very hard to find verbal instructors who can teach to the required standards.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 3528 [1]
Given Kudos: 149
Schools: ISB
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
stonecold wrote:
Taking an Online course at-least gives us the assurance that the verbal content would be fabulous

Hi stonecold, not sure how much of this is true. An Online course (specifically an on-demand course) would just ensure that the content would be uniform. Whether the content is fabulous, ultimately depends on the creator of the content (and not on the medium of instruction).

An online live session obviously would not even ensure uniformity.

Quote:
and the teachers would care.

This I am pretty sure is not true. In fact, even a cursory reading of experiences on this very forum would suggest a deep discontent with the support (the lack of it) provided by many online courses.

Quote:

This one is quite debatable. When one goes to a coaching class, the setup would mandate full focus and optimum time-utilization of 3-4 hours of students' time and a strict schedule would be followed. Same might not happen in an on-demand course, where the student would have the luxury to pace the course at his/her own will.

Of course, for a dedicated and disciplined student, none of these differences would matter. In any case, all formats of instruction require self-discipline.

p.s. Incidentally, it's interesting that most online companies advertise how an online course is proven to be more effective than reading (what they call) monotonous text books. However, I haven't really seen any credible comparisons between online classes vis-a-vis live physical classes.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [3]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
RohanP wrote:
Alert: This post is my second post. The first post is also there on this page.

Message to All: Do your own research. Do not blindly follow anyone in these forums. :-)

You are clearly pretending to be someone else. Nobody would come back to a forum to make a post 4 months later without a notification to defend something you are not financially involved in. Whether you are an employee or a tool in the hands of the employee, it is disappointing to see the tactics the company you trying to promote uses. You had a chance to fix things and you just blew it.

RohanP wrote:
Most of the information in these forums is Bogus.

I am going to ahead and deactivate your account to reduce the amount of bogus information on GMAT Club. Please do us a favor and do something else.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Moderator Note: This post appears to be mostly irrelevant to the discussion and most of the other posts made by this user appear to be of unclear purpose.

I am a supporter of self-studies for all competitions. But now my performance has hit a plateau. I am scoring well but not moving further than 700 score. Things which worked for me:

Make study groups with your friends

Try to study at the same time each day, and be sure to pace yourself.
Studying every other night for between 45 minutes and two hours will
allow for much more long-term retention of content than weekly
cram-fests and all-nighters.

Learn, Unlearn... & Relearn:

These three words is the best summation of my preparation. Many books & teachers will throw many strategies at you. But the best thing is to keep on practicing till you develop your own strategy and that can only be done when you are unlearning everything you learn and then relearn the same thing.

Get accustomed to the exam:

Try and mimic the actual GMAT as much as you can. Solve the AWA and IR section as well wherever possible. Take the obligatory breaks if you want and eat the same stuff you would eat during the final exam.

Be Flexible with the Test Date:

GMAT is adaptive and we must be adaptive too. Try to reach your optimum and then only decide to go for the test. Everyone will take different time to reach their optimum. I think everyone has a critical peak point they need to exploit. The question is how to identify your optimum. The optimum is when your score will become stagnant even after all practice. When you are sure about your optimum, then choose a suitable date.

Review:

Well here is a little secret. If there is one thing which influences your performance the most it is reviewing. I know so many people who give test after test, solve multiple books for practice but barely spend any time reviewing. Reviewing shows you exactly where you went wrong and helps you overcome those mistakes which you will be most likely to make again. Review every single answer you get wrong.

On timing:

You'll want to spend about 2 minutes per Quant question (perhaps more for Data Sufficiency and less for Problem Solving, although the opposite will be true when you get good at DS) and 2.5 minutes per Integrated Reasoning question. For Verbal, maybe 75 seconds for each Sentence Correction question, <2.5 minutes for Critical Reasoning, 2.5-3.5 minutes for each Reading Comprehension Passage +60-75 seconds each for the questions that follow. The Verbal numbers will vary slightly depending on your strengths and weaknesses, but you have about 1 minute 49 seconds per Verbal question.

Focus on identifying the incorrect Verbal answer choices, not the correct one.

Make sure you can give an explicit reason why you can eliminate every single incorrect answer. If you cannot, you have not mastered that question, as the GMAT frequently has incorrect answer choices that "sound right", and occasionally correct answer choices that "don't sound right".

Books:

For SC & CR, the Manhattan Book is without doubt the best there is. I used a couple of days right at the start of my prep to go through all the rules. I also used Aristotle Prep to supplement my understanding of the rules. According to me, this worked better than simply re-reading the Manhattan Book, as a different approach with varied examples helped drill the rules in my head better. I also completed all questions from OG13 and OG Verbal 16 Guide, and the tougher questions from OG16.

RC needs no books. Practice from all online & offline assets will help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Happy New Year to all GmatClubians…

May the New Year bring joy, peace, and happiness to you and your entire family…!!!

I am Dr. Sona Ahuja, Senior Faculty, EduShastra.

This is my first post in this forum. As a company policy, we do not respond to positive or negative reviews in any discussion forums. But we believe that we are on trial here. This is not trial rather we have been convicted and given a sentence.

We respect this forum and every member here. We also respect every post and opinion written in all forums. We have no need to use any pseudonym to express our opinion.

We believe in “Zero Marketing” but we ask our students to give their honest opinions about us in all discussion forums. We respect every negative opinion about us as it helps us to improve further. We have more than 1.07 lakh organic “Followers & Likes” on our Facebook page, it’s all our goodwill.

We are service providers and we agree that positive and negative opinions about us is natural. But it would be much more helpful if we know whom we are talking to. Most of the discussion forums have “Code Names” and grievance usually is in the form of “Do not join XXXX, they are pathetic, or I heard XXXX is not good, do not join them”. We usually do not understand how to respond to it. In most forums, we feel it’s more of clutter where the idea of the post is not to address issues but to create a negative image of someone.

We believe in Gurukul system methodology in which every student is a family member. Please write to us before writing in any discussion forums. Please follow proper escalation matrix to get the issue addressed. Let me introduce the grievance escalation matrix to you. The Level-1 is your Teacher, Level-2 is your Panel Head, Level-3 is GMAT Cell (e-mail), Level-4 is CEO office (e-mail) and Level-5 is Director Office (e-mail). I tried to write all emails but portal is not allowing me to write any emails saying you need to have at least 5 posts. Please find all emails on our website page footer.

I head the Grievances Desk at EduShastra. Please write to me if you have no time to follow the escalation matrix. You can also connect through my Linkedin profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Kudos