Last visit was: 10 May 2024, 21:06 It is currently 10 May 2024, 21:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73143 [0]
Given Kudos: 18943
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 303 [1]
Given Kudos: 779
GMAT 1: 430 Q39 V12
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1732 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
Schools: ISB '18 (D)
GPA: 3.97
WE:Project Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: New GMAC Product: "Official Advanced Questions" is Available! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
globaldesi wrote:
Hi bb,
IS online purchase through gmac website the only option for people outside U.S?
Do you know if I purchase it online , will it come with a validity or an year or so?
Could not find this info on gmac site. Can you help
https://www.efficientlearning.com/gmat/ ... ons-ebook/

If you purchase an eBOOK, it will have an unlimited validity, so your grandkids can read it too :)
However, the online access to the GMAC's quiz engine on their site has only a 1-year access validity. (That's an inconvenient online system for taking the questions in a quiz format and that has a 1-year life span).
VP
VP
Send PM
bb wrote:
globaldesi wrote:
Hi bb,
Do you know if I purchase it online , will it come with a validity or an year or so?

If you purchase an eBOOK, it will have an unlimited validity, so your grandkids can read it too :)
However, the online access to the GMAC's quiz engine on their site has only a 1-year access validity. (That's an inconvenient online system for taking the questions in a quiz format and that has a 1-year life span).

So i will buy online version then.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2857 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
globaldesi wrote:
bb wrote:
globaldesi wrote:
Hi bb,

So i will buy online version then.

Hi globaldesi,

Just an update, the book is now available on Amazon India for roughly $20. The delivery starts on 28th September.

All the best!
VP
VP
Send PM
Thanks Rohan
I will order from Amazon India then.
Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Tutor
Affiliations: Harvard University, A.B. with honors in Government, 2002
Own Kudos [?]: 2423 [0]
Given Kudos: 273
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GMAT 4: 730 Q48 V42 (Online)
GRE 1: Q168 V169

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
I received my copy in the mail today!

How do we know for sure that there are 100 new questions, and 200 repeats of old questions? Do we have a source for that information, or is that simply an approximation? If we have a source, then shouldn't we be able to make a list of exactly which questions are new (and by extension, which ones aren't)?

In the book (Chapter 1) it simply says "Some of these questions have appeared in earlier editions of the GMAT Official Guide series; others have never been published before."

-Brian
SC Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2210 [0]
Given Kudos: 1665
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
mcelroytutoring wrote:
I received my copy in the mail today!

How do we know for sure that there are 100 new questions, and 200 repeats of old questions? Do we have a source for that information, or is that simply an approximation? If we have a source, then shouldn't we be able to make a list of exactly which questions are new (and by extension, which ones aren't)?

In the book (Chapter 1) it simply says "Some of these questions have appeared in earlier editions of the GMAT Official Guide series; others have never been published before."

-Brian

I think those 100 new questions are officially confirmed by GMAC official account here on gmat club
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2305 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q169 V168

Send PM
Amazon hikes the price for this book from $21.57, which I paid last Friday, to $28.45 now. Their smart pricing algorithm must have sensed palpable interest in this book and promptly taken advantage of it in order to fatten AMZN's bottom line by just a couple bucks per order.

Five days after my order, the book is still not shipped out though because I am not currently a Prime member. While I can understand that they want to choose the slowest shipment method for non-prime customers, deliberately postponing shipment date, in my opinion, is rather despicable.

Originally posted by zhanbo on 27 Sep 2019, 14:29.
Last edited by zhanbo on 27 Sep 2019, 14:37, edited 2 times in total.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for posting. I also found that you can access it through a browser but vital source does not make it very friendly to find the link. It seems they want you to download their app on the computer or your mobile device. Here is the link:

https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com

( note however that there is currently a bug in the reading comprehension section of the online version; no issues with the app)

PS. And as with all digital content, your ownership lasts only as long as the reader and the company that published that contact is in business. If you bought a movie from Apple and then Apple goes out of business, you probably won’t be able to watch a movie ...

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sorry about this. Super annoying. I found a number of glitches in their shipping process even for the prime customers. I think it’s likely glitches rather than malicious intent.

I do know however that if you pre-order a book, as I often do months and years in advance, they often prioritize you last. I do know however that if you pre-order a book, as I often do months and years in advance, they often prioritize me last. :(

Super annoying.

PS. The change in price may have something to do with the original release date of September 26. Perhaps there was some kind of a promo or something like that resulting into a lower price though the 30% discount is pretty common in books.

zhanbo wrote:
Amazon hikes the price for this book from $21.57, which I paid last Friday, to $28.45 now. Their smart pricing algorithm must have sensed palpable interest in this book and promptly taken advantage of it in order to fatten AMZN's bottom line by just a couple bucks per order.

Five days after my order, the book is still not shipped out though because I am not currently a Prime member. While I can understand that they want to choose the slowest shipment method for non-prime customers, deliberately postponing shipment date, in my opinion, is rather despicable.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Send PM
Hi bb
How hard would the rate the questions in this book? I'm getting about 70% of the questions in quant in the book correct and want to score 50-51 on the test. Any advice?
Thanks

GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63840 [0]
Given Kudos: 1782
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Send PM
Expert Reply
zhanbo wrote:
globaldesi wrote:
Hi bb,

I purchased 2019 GMAT official guide from efficientlearning 2 years ago. You have perpetual access to the ebook, but the online access to the same question bank is valid for just one year, which is the same limitation for paper book buyers.

Do take note that the APP to read the ebook is called VitalSource Bookshelf, which is a rather obscure app. You have to install this app in order to read one or more GMAT book(s). I have to wonder if VitalSource can maintain its vitality for ever.

(Just launched this app. It requires mandatory upgrade. So much hassle for just one book.)

That was the only VitalSource book I purchased. And I intend to keep it that way.

Hope this helps!

I agree with zhanbo that it's not ideal to use such an obscure app for the online version. If the software-maker goes under, I assume that we'd lose access to the book.

Strangely, the app is actually pretty decent. My copies of the 2020 OGs and the Advanced GMAT book are both on the VitalSource app, and I don't mind it at all. Everything is intuitive, and the book loads quickly.

So for whatever it's worth, if you're worried about functionality, the VitalSource Bookshelf isn't awful. I don't know if the app will still exist in 6 months, but it's fine for now. :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 228 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
bb wrote:
I have updated the list of questions that each of the CR categories includes

Hi,

Similarly, could you also share what does each of the SC categories(Communication and Grammar) includes?

Thank you :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 222
Schools: ISB '21 (A)
Send PM
bb wrote:
09173140521 wrote:
bb wrote:
[*] 50 RC's (I saw at least one RC I did not recognize)

could someone explain what is source of RC ? I mean it is from paper test or old prep ? I eagerly want to know that.

I have checked and 5 out of 8 RC's are new and never before seen! So it makes this book even more valuable!
P.S. It does contain explanations for RC's but I noticed that the online version seems to be having a bit of an issue with RC's. Let me knwo if anyone else is having issues when accessing it online through bookshelf.vitalsource.com

Hey bb,
So how about the SC and CR section? DO they have a substantial overlap with any of the existing OGs? I'm interested only in the Verbal part of the book. Wanted to know if it's worth buying just for the Verbal part or would you recommend QP1 over this one? (In short, as far as overlap and difficulty level is concerned which is good for Verbal, QP1 (404 questions) or this advanced book (300 questions)?)
Thanks in advance :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73143 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Please see right ABOVE your post. There is a link with the details.

GMAT Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 5615 [0]
Given Kudos: 236
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
you can buy it through Amazon. :cool:
Yes, the validity is one year .

globaldesi wrote:
Hi bb,
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Given Kudos: 329
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '23 (M)
GRE 1: Q170 V163
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
New GMAC Product: "Official Advanced Questions" is Available! [#permalink]
Hi Experts. From what I understand if I purchase the Online Question Bank, the questions will be available in the Wiley Efficient Learning app. However, my Wiley Efficient Learning app currently has all the OG 2019 questions (which are unanswered as I solved the OG 2019 on paper and not on the app). So my question is, will I be able to distinguish between these questions and the OG question? It would be a problem if I can't. Please help.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes. You will. Each product and question bank is isolated in a unique URL/bucket.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3