Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU Langone Fall 2008 [#permalink]
Congrats BusinessChic! That email is as exciting as they get. See you in the fall....

I submitted my verification work today and got my verification email.....should be a week or so....
SVP
SVP
Send PM
kievdave wrote:
Thanks, kidderek.

I know those firms like to hire fresh out of school. Would my work be a handicap?

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that you had an offer. It's not helpful that you're out. But the Columbia ug will help. If I were you, I'd go all out with the consulting thing (Grab a guide to consulting interviews). If that falls through, go for Spring admission.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Congrats Businesschic....awesome news...party away!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Hi Guys, just wanted to share the good news that I'm IN, Wash Square weeknights!!

Just found out this afternoon after reading this thread again and everyone's stats and not sure what to make of my own. Then I check my email and my heart is pounding as I log into the status check site! Congratulations never looked so sweet! I can't even process this...I just spent the past 2 hrs telling everyone that matters on the phone and in the office.

Congrats to the other admits :-D
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Tangaroo wrote:
Hi Guys, just wanted to share the good news that I'm IN, Wash Square weeknights!!

Just found out this afternoon after reading this thread again and everyone's stats and not sure what to make of my own. Then I check my email and my heart is pounding as I log into the status check site! Congratulations never looked so sweet! I can't even process this...I just spent the past 2 hrs telling everyone that matters on the phone and in the office.

Congrats to the other admits :-D

Congrats Tangaroo, I had a feeling you were good to go!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congrats Tangaroo!!.. Yeah, I did get a mini heart-attack when I was checking the status site..

There is a pre-term orientation scheduled on September 13th and 14th..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Congrats Tangaroo!!! Let's keep up the good work everyone!

I just updated the applicant list:

p474295#p474295
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats Tangaroo!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey Guys.

I got my acceptance notification today as well. I'm so excited!

Congrats to everyone who got admitted so far and good luck to everyone else.
Intern
Intern
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Congrats to everyone who heard today, and sorry to kievdave. Meanwhile, the wait continues here...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats Businesschic, Tangaroo and Yowas on the admits.

Decision for kievdave is little surprising. Probably they are looking for some more experience. kievdave, are you also considering full time? Full time in top schools may also be a good option for you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yowas, rock on!

BusinessGuru, no I only chose this one b/c I wanted to stay in the city and continue working. I didn't want to full time b/c I feel that I need to keep the cash flow to support my ongoing ventures and pay back the credit of the previously failed ones. But maybe I should tough it out for a couple of years. Overall, I wanted to start a career change with both work and study. Though considering the international travel of consulting and their MBA-content prep., I'm now leaning towards getting into the right job first and then getting the degree.

Still figuring it out, so any advice helpful.

The fact that I had the MBA epiphany put my entire MBA application together (including GMAT) in under two months probably did me in.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kievdave, In your situation, 100% go for full time, regardless of your credit situation. MBA is like 401k. The earlier you invest the more you'll benefit - there's a compounding interest every year, every day. And everyone knows you really get the most benefit with full time. You have the profile to get to a top full time program. Just spend more time in writing the essays, and having a good marketting strategy, and I think you'll do well. You will be able to pay off all your debt after you graduate fairly easily.

I wish I had the chance. My horrendous undergrad gpa basically eliminated my chances at top full time program early in my career. Only after i did grad school and having cosndierable number of years in experience, did my chance improve enough to apply. But if I had the chance, I'd go for full time in a heartbeat, when my career was still begining, like yours is.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
You guys, undergrad gpa doesn't factor much into play unless you're aiming for H/S. It really doesn't esp if you have an exceptional gmat or work exp. Don't stress over gpa too much. Trust me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
kidderek wrote:
You guys, undergrad gpa doesn't factor much into play unless you're aiming for H/S. It really doesn't esp if you have an exceptional gmat or work exp. Don't stress over gpa too much. Trust me.

I totally agree with this. If you didn't do amazing in college, you can definitely make up for it with a solid performance afterwards. Getting into B-school isn't all about your numbers. Soooo many people make the mistake of thinking they're definitely in with a high GPA and GMAT. If that's all the person has to offer, that person will watch the dings come in across the board:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t62142

Granted, that thread focuses on high GMAT people because for some reason they make no mention of GPA. The point is clear though. Getting in is more than just numbers. Show solid leadership ability in your personal life and convey that message clearly in your essays and you'll have a better shot at getting in than a guy with great numbers and no leadership qualities. They want quality people that will add to their community rather than a smart robot. At the end of the day, adcom is trying to build a community of people. If you properly demonstrate what you can positively add to their community, you can overcome a bad number.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Congrats Tangaroo and Yowas...this is excellent news!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can anyone provide an update on the number of students in the database right now?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  60