Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 02:23 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 02:23
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: LEAD Program in Business, NSHMBA, NBMBAA
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 77
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2012 Consortium Applicants! [#permalink]
R2 applicants, has anybody received confirmation that their application is complete?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
jassiinpublic wrote:
Well Michigan confirmed that they received my application the day before their R2 deadline. It seems that they are pooling Consortium applications with R2 as well.

Would have loved to know that before I applied. It's my top choice and I would have applied separately.

Jass,

Actually, Ross does disclose this. It's one of the reasons many CGSM applicants apply to it directly, especially if it is their top choice. It being a great school however, I think it's worth the extra $.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
Nessy26X wrote:
As for the Darden decisions you mentioned, I noticed the same thing, I don't think I've heard of any CGSM round 1 takers, but there were plenty waitlisted. Maybe they're lumping them in with R2?

Nessy & Cheetarah,

I can respect Darden if several of us were waitlisted because we didn't pass the threshold for acceptance, but if for some reason everyone in CGSM Round One was waitlisted to see what would come along in Round Two -- that's a bit disingenuous for those of us who had to go through the submission and interview process early. This is NOT to take anything away from the Round Two candidates, because several are more qualified than myself, but until we can track someone down who was actually accepted it appears as if we were penalized for showing early interest in the school. It also raises an eyebrow re: rankings.

Yale's approach, informing us we would all be considered as one group in February, would have been preferred if this turns out to be the case. Definitely a disappointment to many of us who really enjoyed the school and are legitimately considering attending.

I agree with you, but I'm sure there are applicants who simply have not posted their positive results. As for the wait list, I guess it will suffice for now.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Why apply to Ross separately. I thought the biggest advantage to applying through the Consortium is the shot at the fellowship. Why apply to a member school separately and give up that chance? Just to get an answer sooner? I know the waiting gives new meaning to hellish, but I think a full ride is worth a few additional months of twisting in the wind. JMO.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Anyone else having a problem copying and pasting on the app?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
waterpolo80 wrote:

Waterpolo, use Internet Explorer. Look back a page or two for helpful tips before app submission time. Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
Why apply to Ross separately. I thought the biggest advantage to applying through the Consortium is the shot at the fellowship. Why apply to a member school separately and give up that chance? Just to get an answer sooner? I know the waiting gives new meaning to hellish, but I think a full ride is worth a few additional months of twisting in the wind. JMO.

Cheetarah, these GMAT scores are getting HIGHER... what do you think?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
waterpolo80 wrote:

Waterpolo, use Internet Explorer. Look back a page or two for helpful tips before app submission time. Good luck.

I was using Chrome and then tried IE. I'm using firefox now and it is working.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
waterpolo80 wrote:
TheSenator wrote:
waterpolo80 wrote:

Also be aware of character limits, especially with UCLA and USC, if applicable. I was well within the word limit given by the school but ended up having to further edit some of my essays to fit the character limit.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
waterpolo80 wrote:

Waterpolo, that's fine, but BEFORE you submit check everything in Internet Explorer to make sure it has transferred properly. PLEASE, otherwise you will be calling CGSM tomorrow to change an errors that may have occurred in the transfer... you will get a 25 page printout of your whole application at the end that you should check thoroughly for any errors!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
TheSenator wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:

Cheetarah, these GMAT scores are getting HIGHER... what do you think?

Hmmm, I don't know how representative the few of us on GMATClub are of the entire CGSM pool. GMAT/GPA wise CGSM stats tend to be significantly lower than school averages. I doubt that the overall pool is applying with GMAT scores that are above most CGSM schools' averages. I could be wrong and when the stats for this year's CGSM class come out the average GMAT skyrockets vs. LY. I don't think people would forgo applying through the Consortium for fear that the pool is more competitive.

Unless you were getting at something completely different and I'm just missing it.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE:Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Has anyone on here aware of how Haas goes about their process? Do they take a long time? Did anyone get a RD1 notification? Are they taking a lot or a only a few CGSM students this year? I see some schools take way more candidates than other........

I think cheetarah1980 is right about the metrics of most of the people this forum vs. the stats of the normal CGSM applicant. Most of y'all (sorry, from rural Texas, I can't help it) have some cold @$$ GMAT scores and these grand renaissance interests that make you a shoe in for a top program...... I assume this group is reflective of the more diehard subset of consortium applicants that are very ambitious and have lofty goals. I've met plenty of sub-600 consortium applicants that barely know anything about the schools they're applying to.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
suchdaddy wrote:
Has anyone on here aware of how Haas goes about their process? Do they take a long time? Did anyone get a RD1 notification? Are they taking a lot or a only a few CGSM students this year? I see some schools take way more candidates than other........

I think cheetarah1980 is right about the metrics of most of the people this forum vs. the stats of the normal CGSM applicant. Most of y'all (sorry, from rural Texas, I can't help it) have some cold @$$ GMAT scores and these grand renaissance interests that make you a shoe in for a top program...... I assume this group is reflective of the more diehard subset of consortium applicants that are very ambitious and have lofty goals. I've met plenty of sub-600 consortium applicants that barely know anything about the schools they're applying to.

Haas said they consolidate Rd1 and Rd2 Consortium applications, so I don't believe any of us Rd1'ers have heard anything from Haas other than an e-mail confirming they've received our application.

In regards to the whole higher GMAT scores for Consortium applicants this year topic, I agree with you and Cheetarah1980. I believe I'm tied for having the lowest visable GMAT score on this thread but I would be highly surprised if the average Consortium GMAT for this year jumps up to 700 or even 665 after being a 644 or whatever it was. With that having been said, I still think to be ultra-competitive at the upper-echelon of Consortium schools like Tuck, Haas, Yale, and Stern you'd still want to secure a 700+ score, even as a Consortium applicant, ESPECIALLY if you want a crack at that fellowship from one of those schools.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Goodnight and good luck to all who are submitting minutes before the deadline. Looks as if we have a very strong class this year considering the quantifiable metrics. But I know more than just that we have a very strong class from an experience standpoint.

Keep your profiles updated and make sure you post when you submit. Good evening MBA Class of 2014!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
WE:Sales (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
And the clock strikes 12!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V47
Send PM
not quite, deadline is PST
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
mixedin86 wrote:
suchdaddy wrote:

In regards to the whole higher GMAT scores for Consortium applicants this year topic, I agree with you and Cheetarah1980. I believe I'm tied for having the lowest visable GMAT score on this thread but I would be highly surprised if the average Consortium GMAT for this year jumps up to 700 or even 665 after being a 644 or whatever it was. With that having been said, I still think to be ultra-competitive at the upper-echelon of Consortium schools like Tuck, Haas, Yale, and Stern you'd still want to secure a 700+ score, even as a Consortium applicant, ESPECIALLY if you want a crack at that fellowship from one of those schools.

After days of lurking around on this thread and book marking this thread it was this post and the dozens of others like it that I have read (not necessarily on this forum) that finally prompted me to become a member so that I could respond.
I hope my words do not offend anyone on this board. They are not meant to. Yet this post illustrates to me and at the most fundamental level what is so very wrong with business school admissions and why the average GMAT at the “top” schools continue to creep upwards year after year, when not one credible and scholarly source has been published showing a direct correlation with a high GMAT score and a successful businessman/woman or financier. Business schools have become slaves to rankings and quite predictably, we, the applicants have bought into them hook, line, and sinker. I was beating myself up over my "low" score until I realized it is just a freaking test! On algebra, geometry and idioms for god sakes!

There is more to an applicant than the freaking GMAT! If you want to be competitive you need to have a story. You need to stand out. You need to be different. And yes you need to let adcom know that you can handle the academic rigor of business school. I will be the first to admit that. But lets get away from this 700+ GMAT nonsense. Please. It’s absurd. I’m not trying to take away from those that score extremely well on the GMAT. But if we’re all trying to really get back to the Consortium’s mission then lets put our money where our mouth’s are and stop buying into this obsession of extraordinarily high GMAT scores, that after a certain threshold no longer serve any evaluative purpose. Rather, the inflated scores’ sole purpose is to move the business school up in the rankings, while inadvertently keeping black and latino admissions down, because of their typically lower GMAT numbers.

Don’t get me started on the business side of the GMAT, which includes Manhattan, Princeton Review, Knewton, etc. And yes I took Knewton and raised my score 100 points! But then again that’s my point right there. It’s painfully obvious the GMAT and the biz school admissions process in and of itself becomes a socioeconomically discriminatory process that inadvertently affects UDR’s more.

In any event, sorry for my rant but I’m just so tired of all this high GMAT talk like it’s really that serious. I applied to business school through the consortium and I did not score below 600 on the GMAT, nor did I score above 650. Nonetheless, if I am admitted into business school through the consortium you can bet one of my biggest goals/concerns that I will be bring up to my #1 choice is this seemingly pervasive attitude with obtaining a freakishly high GMAT score that continues to get higher each year. So pervasive in fact, white and other non-minority applicants seem to think blacks, latinos, and females are getting into business schools by the droves with drastically lower GMAT scores because of affirmative action. This clearly isn’t the case, judging by the pitifully low numbers of UDR’s in business schools across the country. Anyway, good luck to everyone. Again didn't mean to offend. Might see some of you next year.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23  ...  118   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6954 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts