Last visit was: 07 Jun 2024, 08:55 It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 08:55
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 242 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
ronnie987 wrote:
bosenyi wrote:
Hi glad to meet everybody here. I'm also going to apply for 2012 HSG MBF. By the way, I'm a senior student from mainland China, majoring in International Economy&Trade. I've already taken the GRE test, unfortunately my toefl score(98) hasn't met the minimum requirement(100 ibt). So I'm now preparing for the next month TOEFL examination. Now I'm also taking the German courses at weekend. Hope to meet everyone in Switerzland next September!

Hi bosenyi.

How much have you scored in GRE? Are you sure that you have met the minimum score in GRE?

:-D Hi,I got 800 in the quantitative section and 610 in the verbal section. I think st.gallen only looks at the quantative section, right? How about you? Have you already taken the GRE/GMAT?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bosenyi wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
bosenyi wrote:
Hi glad to meet everybody here. I'm also going to apply for 2012 HSG MBF. By the way, I'm a senior student from mainland China, majoring in International Economy&Trade. I've already taken the GRE test, unfortunately my toefl score(98) hasn't met the minimum requirement(100 ibt). So I'm now preparing for the next month TOEFL examination. Now I'm also taking the German courses at weekend. Hope to meet everyone in Switerzland next September!

Hi bosenyi.

How much have you scored in GRE? Are you sure that you have met the minimum score in GRE?

:-D Hi,I got 800 in the quantitative section and 610 in the verbal section. I think st.gallen only looks at the quantative section, right? How about you? Have you already taken the GRE/GMAT?

Hi,
You have a very high chances of an getting an admit.Yes, they look only at quant.
I took the New GRE and scored in the range of 710-800. waiting for the actual scores. But i think my actual score may fall short of 760.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It' Ok. When I finished the exam, I thought I could only got 750 at most.So just believe in yourself. The quantative section is not very difficult. All you have to do is being cautious when doing some basic calculations and getting familiar with the math terminologies. I sincerely look forward to hearing good news from you. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GRE 1: Q780 V620
GPA: 4
Send PM
I'm thinking of applying for the Quantitative Economics and Finance program at St. Gallen. Does anyone know how good the program is (as a prep for top PhD program)?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Duck169 wrote:
I'm thinking of applying for the Quantitative Economics and Finance program at St. Gallen. Does anyone know how good the program is (as a prep for top PhD program)?

I'm applying to this program as well .... Unfortunately, you can't compare it with top programs like Princeton .....
Manager
Manager
Send PM
j

Originally posted by ronnie987 on 26 Jan 2012, 01:43.
Last edited by ronnie987 on 27 Dec 2013, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
i'm also very interested in this program, but what makes me think is, what would it be its value outside from german-speaking countries? i can't speak german and it's a very difficoult language to learn
Manager
Manager
Send PM
alexba91 wrote:
i'm also very interested in this program, but what makes me think is, what would it be its value outside from german-speaking countries? i can't speak german and it's a very difficoult language to learn

Well, I'm not native too and applying ... some people argue that you need to know just English, where others say that employers require to be fluent in SWISS German and maybe French :S
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I am also applying to MBF at St.Gallen. I have also applied to LBS MiM, HEC MiF, and will try to apply to SBS, RSM and Esade too. Since HEC dinged me, St. Gallen and LBS are my best choices.

My profile:
23y, Lithuanian. GPA 9.1/10.
Toefl iBT 112, and I also can speak a little bit German, but my skills are basic.
GMAT 710
WE 8 months in sales, 19 months in one of two largest commercial banks in Lithuania. 9 months as an assistant in Large Corporates and the rest as a leasing client executive.

I wonder how big my chances are. I thought that they are pretty high, since up to now St.Gallen webpage showed that the average GMAT for MBF was 660, but now it shows that it's 720!?!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey Guys,
What's up with you applications? How is it going? How many of you have already applied? The enrollment opened on the 1st Feb.
Please share your complete profile and date of application.
Let's get the ball rolling !!

Originally posted by ronnie987 on 12 Feb 2012, 11:48.
Last edited by ronnie987 on 27 Dec 2013, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
Hey Guys,
What's up with you applications? How is it going? How many of you have already applied? The enrollment opened on the 1st Feb.
Let's get the ball rolling !!!
:flower

I have put my application on halt, since I received an interview invite to LBS MiM on Friday :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
Hey Guys,
Let's get the ball rolling !!!
:flower

I have put my application on halt, since I received an interview invite to LBS MiM on Friday :)

Congratz. You should go for it as LBS is very selective. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sk8e wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am also applying to MBF at St.Gallen. I have also applied to LBS MiM, HEC MiF, and will try to apply to SBS, RSM and Esade too. Since HEC dinged me, St. Gallen and LBS are my best choices.

My profile:
23y, Lithuanian. GPA 9.1/10.
Toefl iBT 112, and I also can speak a little bit German, but my skills are basic.
GMAT 710
WE 8 months in sales, 19 months in one of two largest commercial banks in Lithuania. 9 months as an assistant in Large Corporates and the rest as a leasing client executive.

I wonder how big my chances are. I thought that they are pretty high, since up to now St.Gallen webpage showed that the average GMAT for MBF was 660, but now it shows that it's 720!?!

I also noticed the average score for the 2011 intake. I think a few months ago, it was not that high.( I remember the average GMAT was 670 and GRE was 740). Maybe they calculate it wrong and correct it afterwards? :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone received the decision from HSG? This year, they have quickened up the processing of applications. Please share the status of your application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My status is still "formally completed". Maybe we should wait at least until the end of the April :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q49  V35 GMAT 2: 720  Q49  V39
Send PM
Hi Guys

I am applying to the MBF program for Fall 2012 intake. I sent in my documents today. Has anyone got a confirmation yet?

Cheers!
Pradeep
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pradeepskunwar wrote:
Hi Guys

I am applying to the MBF program for Fall 2012 intake. I sent in my documents today. Has anyone got a confirmation yet?

Cheers!
Pradeep

The decisions are made in June. As far as I know, they do not decide anything before the deadline.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts