Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 05:39 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 05:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-10-2014
GPA: 3.98
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: GMAT 780 (Q51; V46) [#permalink]
Could you suggest some books which contain drills and problems in the range of 760 and above. I heard about the Total GMAT Math but some say that is not enough and suggest the Extreme Maths Challenge (by the same Author). And do anybody of u have an idea about the EZ solutions..?
And do u have any idea about good verbal books too. ?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kansas,

You may find this thread useful some-of-you-requested-it-so-here-it-is-a-120-page-ebook-112282.html

We generally don't recommend books unless you really learn well through books. There are a lot of things we cannot show or describe to you in text format. Only through video can we show you how we think through GMAT questions and what details we pay attention to.

Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
awesome score!!!well done....hve u started ur app process?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 473 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
congrats buddy nyc debrief
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2096 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Congrats Awesome Score MR ROCKETMAN.....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Okay I just watched the video and I have to ask: How does an American get an accent like that? He said he's a final year uni student studying abroad - did he mean over a lifetime? Wouldn't someone as brilliant as Kelvin know the difference between studying abroad and growing up in a different country?

I'm just wondering.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V41
Send PM
Good Score congratulations
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 2.9
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
Santanu76 wrote:
MrFong

Thanks for addressing my 700/740 confusion and for making an attempt to give a more 'well-rounded' point of view in this post. You must be a genius, no matter what you say - doing 37 quant problems in 50 minutes at 1.35 minutes per problem I can still live with, but doing 41 verbal problems in 35 minutes at 0.85 minutes per problem is monumental, almost incredible.

Seriously! How someone can clock Verbal at 1.35 minutes per question is beyond me. Wow! How did you tackle the RC passages and still get this average!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V44
GPA: 2.9
WE:Marketing (Computer Software)
Send PM
MrFong wrote:
On my end, I would not deign to be one of those people on the Internet who, upon encountering others who don't believe what they're saying, make nasty insinuations about sexual acts and the disbelievers' mothers.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Awesome language!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Cograts on the great score... I wish you well assuming you genuinely took the test.

I would like to believe the debrief but something about having 40 minutes left over on the Verbal section does not seem right... Someday when I can tackle verbal questions in under a minute I will believe you..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
come on.. be realistic .. r u a superman or what.. if what you said is really true ... then you are wasting your time in MBA. Become a GMAT guru , I am sure you will earn more than what you make as an MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kansas wrote:
Could you suggest some books which contain drills and problems in the range of 760 and above. I heard about the Total GMAT Math but some say that is not enough and suggest the Extreme Maths Challenge (by the same Author). And do anybody of u have an idea about the EZ solutions..?
And do u have any idea about good verbal books too. ?

If you're just looking for questions to practise, you could look at the MGMAT question bank. I'm not sure if they have a lot of 760+ difficulty problems, though.

kp2014 wrote:
awesome score!!!well done....hve u started ur app process?

Still a little early for that, I'm afraid! I'm still a couple of years away from even starting my application process, but I figured that taking the GMAT early was the smart play. More time to study for it before I start full-time employment, and less to study (no IR segment at the time I took the test).

FatRiverPuff wrote:
Okay I just watched the video and I have to ask: How does an American get an accent like that? He said he's a final year uni student studying abroad - did he mean over a lifetime? Wouldn't someone as brilliant as Kelvin know the difference between studying abroad and growing up in a different country?

I'm just wondering.

I essentially grew up in Singapore, if that answers your question. It has its drawbacks, but on the whole it's a pretty great city. You should visit some time. As to the difference between studying abroad and growing up in a different country, well - "abroad" referring to "outside of the US". Would you not consider someone who grew up outside of the US as having studied abroad, or would that term be strictly reserved for students on exchange programs? Maybe it's just a little bit of... miscommunication.

arun1984 wrote:
come on.. be realistic .. r u a superman or what.. if what you said is really true ... then you are wasting your time in MBA. Become a GMAT guru , I am sure you will earn more than what you make as an MBA.

As you can see, I have indeed joined the GMAT Pill as a member of their staff. Doesn't mean I'm not going to eventually gun for an MBA program, though! Aren't those why we all wanted to take the GMAT in the first place?
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3595 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Congrats !! Not only the score is incredible, but also the time taken for it. I don't mean to be negative but this is too good to be true. Since I m not here to judge that, kindly accept my congratulations and warm wishes for future. I just hope the gmat takers do not feel discourage of not being genius like you !!

Good Luck !!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Send PM
Just a note that another student James (770) is someone who did not believe Kelvin's story or his 780 score.

But now he believes it.

I wanted to congratulate James not only on his 770 score, but also on his $93k MBA Scholarship to London Business School !!

<-- Did you notice the "not only..but also" construction ?

You can see James' posts here:

Part 1: 93k-mba-scholarship-to-london-business-school-153463.html
Part 2: 770-143106.html#p1147622
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
MrFong wrote:
You guys are absolutely right to point out that the amount of time I spent on the verbal section was very low. This was a function of a number of things:
- As mentioned, I'd almost run out of time during my 2nd essay, which made me feel like I had to rush a little on my Quant and Verbal sections.

By second essay do you mean the IR section :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 949 [0]
Given Kudos: 142
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V47
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
masoy wrote:
MrFong wrote:
You guys are absolutely right to point out that the amount of time I spent on the verbal section was very low. This was a function of a number of things:
- As mentioned, I'd almost run out of time during my 2nd essay, which made me feel like I had to rush a little on my Quant and Verbal sections.

By second essay do you mean the IR section :-D

His GMAT was in Jan 2012, IR was introduced in June 2012.

Anyway, people have scored 800, so 780 is possible. He may be over-exaggerating about time and his pre-preparation level. As long as it is 760+, doesn't matter your hard work or your luck that clicked.

But to judge GMAT Pill, we need to see the median GMAT Score, not the top scores.

No doubt, their sample videos are excellent.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Excellent score !

I am very keen to know how you managed to complete the test with 65 minutes to spare ( 25 for quant and 40 mins !! for verbal )

Please share tips. Also With such a splendid score where are you planning to apply ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Founder
37319 posts