Last visit was: 22 May 2024, 19:20 It is currently 22 May 2024, 19:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 241 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAt Status: Quant section
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
Schools: WBS (D)
GMAT Date: 12-30-2011
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Economics
Schools:Delhi University
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: University of St.Gallen (HSG) MBF 2012 intake [#permalink]
Quote:
hey ronnie,

that sounds like a good explanation to me concerning the 25% cap. To me it seems like HSG puts a lot of attention to test scores. it is kind of ironic that learning a couple of months for a standardised test is more important than your entire undergraduate degree. But well on the other hand institutions cannot be compared that easily. I attained my undergrad in germany. the scoring works the other way around.

Btw ronnie you have a very strong profile 800 GRE (quant only i assume) and 2.5y work exp. You get the total 50 points in the test score part and there is only 35 points to gain with your undergrad. Then you have workexp. / have lived in cultures "other than the German one"... What is your official HSG status?

I'll give you guys an update as soon as I have a HSG status!

regards,
jaffnakid

My application status is "materielle prufung II ok". Most of the applicants I know have the same status, irrespective of whether they applied early February or late March.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Silver89 wrote:
thanks for sharing this ...

Today I received DHL notification that my documents reached the university ...
when they are gonna send me an email and update my status on the service portal ?

Hi Eyad, it only takes 1-2 days to receive the e-mail. And the status will change from "pending" to "fomally complete" if your application fee also be received at that time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hey Guys, i recently submitted my application for the SIM programme (thank God we have DHL). I was wondering if any of you knows how to convert Italian grades to Swiss ones.

Thank you very much, and good luck to all of you. :-D
My profile: GMAT 720, 1y work-ex, 1 semester abroad, 7 months living abroad. GPA: (can't calculate it :roll: )
Intern
Intern
Send PM
my status changed today from 'formal vollständig' to 'zugelassen mit vorbehalt'.

This is the only status which is not explained but i hope it means i am admitted and i only have to hand in the originals for being definetly admitted. What do you think?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
phil1607 wrote:
my status changed today from 'formal vollständig' to 'zugelassen mit vorbehalt'.

This is the only status which is not explained but i hope it means i am admitted and i only have to hand in the originals for being definetly admitted. What do you think?

Congratulations!!
Yes, your explanation is correct. You need to submit originals before 31st August to secure admission. By the way, on what date was your application received or it went under process?
I just noticed that you applied to MQFE, not MBF.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yeah thx. What a relief to see the status change to admitted :D. I got their confirmation mail that they received my ap on march 23rd -> i applied for miqef.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
phil1607 wrote:
yeah thx. What a relief to see the status change to admitted :D. I got their confirmation mail that they received my ap on march 23rd -> i applied for miqef.

Congratulations!! Phil1607
I remembered there is a group for Miqef and Mecon on Facebook. Since using proxy is not allowed at school, I could not paste the links now. You could ask Silver987 to add you to the group. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MarkDM wrote:
Hey Guys, i recently submitted my application for the SIM programme (thank God we have DHL). I was wondering if any of you knows how to convert Italian grades to Swiss ones.

Thank you very much, and good luck to all of you. :-D
My profile: GMAT 720, 1y work-ex, 1 semester abroad, 7 months living abroad. GPA: (can't calculate it :roll: )

Hi, MarkDM
I'm not quite sure how to convert GPA to swiss ones. But one chinese student told me 3.0/4.0 (USA) or 80/100 (in China) is similar to 5.0 in swiss. Hope this would help you.
Your background is impressive. If I were the member of admission committee, I would send you an offer immediately. Haha. I have heard the SIM is the most competitive program, since the class size is small compared with MBF and there are also many applicants compete for it. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
phil1607 wrote:

Congratulations!!
Yes, your explanation is correct. You need to submit originals before 31st August to secure admission. By the way, on what date was your application received or it went under process?

Hi ronnie987,
When do you think our status will change? It seems my intuition is wrong again. :roll:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bosenyi wrote:
ronnie987 wrote:
phil1607 wrote:

Congratulations!!

Hi ronnie987,
When do you think our status will change? It seems my intuition is wrong again. :roll:

No idea. :computer :???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I'm a late applicant. My bio-23yo Australian, 730 GMAT and 2 years financial consulting.
I've been following the forum for a while and have seen some very tough profiles like ronnie987 and Stacey. Dunno about my chances.
I already have admits from Bocconi and SSE.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
phil1607 wrote:

congrats :) and all the best who are waiting the decision ...

Send me you FB so i can add you to our MIQFE group :)

All the best
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Has anyone received any news as to when HSG plans to release the decisions. The process for all other courses is pretty quick. It seems that it is the MBF committee which is taking time for making decisions (maybe because it is flooded with a relatively larger number of applications :roll: )
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bosenyi wrote:
phil1607 wrote:

I remembered there is a group for Miqef and Mecon on Facebook. Since using proxy is not allowed at school, I could not paste the links now. You could ask Silver987 to add you to the group. :)

@ Bosen Yi
Is Silver987 formed from the merger of Silver89 and ronnie987??Please check and inform me, I'll adjust the transaction in my balance sheet. :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
bosenyi wrote:
phil1607 wrote:

@ Bosen Yi
Is Silver987 formed from the merger of Silver89 and ronnie987??Please check and inform me, I'll adjust the transaction in my balance sheet. :P

hahahaha
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ronnie987 wrote:
Has anyone received any news as to when HSG plans to release the decisions. The process for all other courses is pretty quick. It seems that it is the MBF committee which is taking time for making decisions (maybe because it is flooded with a relatively larger number of applications :roll: )

Today My application status changed to formal complete ... ( I was facing problems in reporting GRE score and the admission team helped me a lot there :) )
and yea i think that the MBF decisions are taking much more time
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Guys,
I have received an admit from MBF. I'm still waiting for other decisions and will take a decision very soon. :-D :-D :-D :-D "zugelassen mit Vorbehalt"
Best of luck everyone.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts