Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 11:27 It is currently 18 May 2024, 11:27
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: From 690 to 690 [#permalink]
Hey Str1der

Thanks for the pointers, I really appreciate it.

I am thinking of taking the exam in second week of July - I am not going to procrastinate it and thus jeopardize R1. But it seems that there is a dearth of good tests sans Gmat prep and MGMAT tests. I am using the Kaplan tests but it is lamer than I had anticipated - same question popped up twice in same exam (#$%^&*! - yea..thats what I said during the test). So the bottom line is - no yardstick left to ascertain the improvement.

Kaplan1 - IR 25%, Q 90%ile and V 58%ile
Kaplan2 - IR 42%, Q 90%ile and V 78%ile (finally I let go of my bad ole habit) :idea:

Has anyone used the verbal tests offered in GClub? I guess I will have to comeup with quality GMAT tests once I am done with GMAT 3.0;)

I need to take some real tests to see the improvement so that I can justify the GMAT 3.0.

Literally - I have alienated my wife, friends and parents since I decided to embark on GMAT 3.0.

My fellow GMATters, please chime in with your suggestions.

RemyJazz - I talked to few people, ranging from people on the main street to the MGMAT instructors and it seems the adcoms wont have sufficient data points to use IR as criteria. Well I guess it will be used for photo finishes and I ain't photogenic. :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Vatsas, are you really applying to 12 schools? Maybe I've just been talking to the wrong group of people but that seems excessive. If you think you have enough time to give all 12 schools good attention on the essays etc then more power to you!

But I recently read a post about someone who pretty much did a copy/paste on his essays and realized later that it was a primary reason why he was not accepted in his top choices. He did not specifically address why that school was unique to him, and guess that the rest of his application did not stand out from others. Just my 2 cents.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ktlemba,

You are absolutely correct. Copy & paste is a perfect recipe for suicide. I will be applying to 8 schools max. The other than the career essay none of the essays fall in cut and paste bucket. Moreover "fit" questions need information pertinent to each school such as its culture, clubs, courses relevent to my goal, etc.

Even with 8 schools, I will have my hands full till 2013 March.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Good luck on the essays and your mba journey!!!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37449 posts